PDA

View Full Version : Life How many pot smokers are on the planet?

J Diddy
03-06-2009, 10:50 PM
After reading the occasional pot should be legalized post and then gravitating to the how people smoke grass it peaked my curiousity. How many pot smokers do we have amongst us? Poll to follow.

WhitiE
03-06-2009, 10:51 PM

Baconeater
03-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Drugs are bad...mmmkay?

DeezNutz
03-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Why would you do something like that? It's so harmful to your body. /currently drinking vodka tonics/

J Diddy
03-06-2009, 10:54 PM

fucking pot heads

:shake:

You gotta select the option

:)

BigMeatballDave
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Every now and again...

J Diddy
Why would you do something like that? It's so harmful to your body. /currently drinking vodka tonics/

Currently drinking wine myself with the occasional beer

CosmicPal
Used to be the biggest pothead around. Not so much any more. I haven't touched the stuff in a couple of years, actually.

CosmicPal
03-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Drinking is far more harmful than pot

Baconeater
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EZfLGMtsKTc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EZfLGMtsKTc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

J Diddy
Used to be the biggest pothead around. Not so much any more. I haven't touched the stuff in a couple of years, actually.

about the only time I will touch the stuff is to get to sleep. Puts me on the floor.

DeezNutz
03-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Drinking is far more harmful than pot

I hate sarcasm.

If it's top shelf, though, the effects are beneficial. It's the cheap stuff that kills.

CosmicPal
03-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I hate sarcasm.

I deplore ignorance

luv
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
I've tried it on seeral occasions. I had two pothead roommates when I was 19/20. Used to hang out with friends that did, and I would try it when I got really drunk. I dunno. Just seems like it's a coming of age thing to do that you would grow out of. Nothing against anyone who does. To each their own. I'm still curious about the pot brownies thing.

Bearcat
****ing pot heads

You gotta select the option

:)

ROFL

Nzoner
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z08zZ1xW9Yw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z08zZ1xW9Yw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Smed1065
03-06-2009, 11:00 PM
75 to 25.

Did you not hear it is the gateway?

CosmicPal
03-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Did you not hear it is the gateway?

You're absolutely right.

http://www.whereistheoutrage.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/gateway_arch2.jpg

J Diddy
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I deplore ignorance

:peace:Can't we all just get along :peace:

Nzoner
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM
:peace:Can't we all just get along :peace:

them indians knew what they was doin when they called it a peace pipe

DeezNutz
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I deplore ignorance

Please tell me this was a public service announcement.

Because if you're responding to my post...damn.

CosmicPal
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Please tell me this was a public service announcement.

Because if you're responding to my post...damn.

:D

Prometheus
03-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Weed is cool, if you don't wanna cure Aids or Cancer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/305vRNoofr8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/305vRNoofr8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

J Diddy
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Weed is cool, if you don't wanna cure Aids or Cancer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/305vRNoofr8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/305vRNoofr8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great post. Jay and silent bob Kwick the arse.

Smed1065
03-06-2009, 11:26 PM
them indians knew what they was doin when they called it a peace pipe

That is the only argument that works with facts.......
They lost and it was because of herbs..............:eek:

kcfanXIII
03-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm still curious about the pot brownies thing.

if time slows down, its just the effects of the weed. you are not dead. no i am not watching the red wings game.

in all seriousness, take about an oz. of pot and allow to simmer in a sauce pan with five sticks of butter for about 30 minutes. strain the pot out of the butter. let the butter set up in the fridge. use butter in normal brownie recipe. i recomend adding peanut butter chips to help mask the taste. its not bad, but different. i highly recommend having absolutely nothing else to do, as you will do nothing at all. you can use the butter in any recipe that calls for butter. i had a buddy that made ganga gulash. that shit was great.

http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/potbutter.htm

Der Flöprer
03-06-2009, 11:40 PM
:bong:

keg in kc
03-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Tried it a couple times with my ex-wife's parents, but it wasn't my thing.

Hell, I hardly even drink now.

KcMizzou
03-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Count me in as a former pot smoker.

Kids are to old and too smart, not to catch on... so I quit.

You can't go to your son's DARE graduation, if you're smoking weed secretly.

FWIW, I still don't think it's any worse than alcohol.

keg in kc
03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
FWIW, I still don't think it's any worse than alcohol.Based on the behavior I've seen over the years, I'd say alcohol is a lot worse.

(when taken to extreme excess)

J Diddy
03-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Count me in as a former pot smoker.

Kids are to old and too smart, not to catch on... so I quit.

You can't go to your son's DARE graduation, if you're smoking weed secretly.

FWIW, I still don't think it's any worse than alcohol.

Sure you can. That shit's a blast if your smoked out.

J Diddy
03-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Based on the behavior I've seen over the years, I'd say alcohol is a lot worse.

I would agree wholeheartedly.

DeezNutz
03-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Based on the behavior I've seen over the years, I'd say alcohol is a lot worse.

Yep.

Nothing natural about literally putting poison into your body.

It's all about what is and what isn't socially accceptable, and we're a strange judge of this sort of thing.

kcfanXIII
03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
That is the only argument that works with facts.......
They lost and it was because of herbs..............:eek:

this argument has never had anything to do with facts. you want facts?

FACT: in 1937 harry anslinger told the us gov it caused people to become violent, and incurably insane.

FACT: senator mccarthur sited pacifism as a side effect of pot, so pacifist the commies could roll right in and take over.

FACT: the term marijuana is a made up word. the j is made to sound like an h to associate with minorities. same idea as "it makes black men rape white woman"

FACT: the AMA, the precursor to the FDA, was never consulted prior to the congressional hearing. they had no chance to prepare for the case, and admitted they had done no research, and refused to comment

FACT: nixon promoted it to a class 1 narcotic to lock up political opponents.

oh, and there's this gem:
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eyb9_oW6Oig&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Smed1065
03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
this argument has never had anything to do with facts. you want facts?

FACT: in 1937 harry anslinger told the us gov it caused people to become violent, and incurably insane.

FACT: senator mccarthur sited pacifism as a side effect of pot, so pacifist the commies could roll right in and take over.

FACT: the term marijuana is a made up word. the j is made to sound like an h to associate with minorities. same idea as "it makes black men rape white woman"

FACT: the AMA, the precursor to the FDA, was never consulted prior to the congressional hearing. they had no chance to prepare for the case, and admitted they had done no research, and refused to comment

FACT: nixon promoted it to a class 1 narcotic to lock up political opponents.

oh, and there's this gem:
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eyb9_oW6Oig&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Guess I need 2 smilies at the end but good points and facts even if at the wrong crowd.

ROFL

boogblaster
03-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Just toke once yearly .. try everyones home-grown and grade it for them ....

Psyko Tek
03-07-2009, 12:04 AM
You're absolutely right.

http://www.whereistheoutrage.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/gateway_arch2.jpg

does it cause depression?

Halfcan
03-07-2009, 12:17 AM
who is high right now??

kcfanXIII
03-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Guess I need 2 smilies at the end but good points and facts even if at the wrong crowd.

ROFL

i know you're on my side here. just saw an opportunity to point out some issues with hemp prohibition.

Der Flöprer
03-07-2009, 12:20 AM
who is high right now??

:bong:

chiefsfanintx
03-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Tried it as a teen. Didn't like it.

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 12:29 AM
i know you're on my side here. just saw an opportunity to point out some issues with hemp prohibition.

I know but neither side will fold. I wish I use to smoke pot instead of the alcohol I did when young because it was legal while eating and going to sleep did not raise revenue or was not "legal"

KCUnited
03-07-2009, 12:48 AM
If you can't comfortably express yourself within the confines of your own sober mind, then you are relying on a crutch. Its that simple. You can argue it one way or the other, but to the rest of us, its that simple.

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 12:59 AM
This is funny. I smoke my first doobie in about 2 months earlier. Man So. FL has good weed. Beautiful, colorful stuff. Premium buds are way more common then regs round here.

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Nothing wrong with weed as long as you're not smoking your life away.

alanm
03-07-2009, 01:02 AM
After reading the occasional pot should be legalized post and then gravitating to the how people smoke grass it peaked my curiousity. How many pot smokers do we have amongst us? Poll to follow.What are you, a cop? :)

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:03 AM
If you can't comfortably express yourself within the confines of your own sober mind, then you are relying on a crutch. Its that simple. You can argue it one way or the other, but to the rest of us, its that simple.

I can't express myself at all on weed. All I can do is watch movies, or play video games. Never viewed it as much of a social drug myself. I feel considerably less interactive, and often times feel a loss for words when I'm stoned.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:03 AM

So everyone who's smoked a doob or had a sip of alcohol is relying on a crutch? Really? Is that what you're saying?

KCUnited
03-07-2009, 01:06 AM
So everyone who's smoked a doob or had a sip of alcohol is relying on a crutch? Really? Is that what you're saying?

Yes.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Yes.

drink a dick sock.

That's a narrow minded point of view, I just hope that we can aspire to be as great as you.

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Yes.High on life...

Must be fuckin' nice. Congrats on that.

Mecca
03-07-2009, 01:13 AM
You know how hard it's gonna be for me to figure out how many people on the planet smoke pot there's what billions of people?

KCUnited
03-07-2009, 01:14 AM
drink a dick sock.

That's a narrow minded point of view, I just hope that we can aspire to be as great as you.

LOL. Nothing great about me, just self damage afflicted. Tell yourself its not a crutch. If sober life is so great...tell me its not a crutch.

Nixhex
03-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah I called in sick to work the other day. Told the boss I have "anal glaucoma". He said, "What in the hell is anal glaucoma?" I told him "I just couldn't see my ass coming in to work today." :rimshot: :lol:

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:20 AM
LOL. Nothing great about me, just self damage afflicted. Tell yourself its not a crutch. If sober life is so great...tell me its not a crutch.

Dude, like I said I just smoked for the 1st time in 2 months. I'm not depressed, or anything in any way. I did it because I enjoy getting high, and playing football on 360. How does that make it a crutch?

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:20 AM

According to your P.O.V. anything that relaxes you or takes your mind off something is a crutch.

Tell yourself your tv or your book is equally not a crutch.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Dude, like I said I just smoked for the 1st time in 2 months. I'm not depressed, or anything in any way. I did it because I enjoy getting high, and playing football on 360. How does that make it a crutch?

Dude, do me a favor. Get really high before we play for the sec championship.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah I called in sick to work the other day. Told the boss I have "anal glaucoma". He said, "What in the hell is anal glaucoma?" I told him "I just couldn't see my ass coming in to work today." :rimshot: :lol:

ROFL

That's great.

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 01:23 AM
You know how hard it's gonna be for me to figure out how many people on the planet smoke pot there's what billions of people?

Most honest but will be "higher" than those that admit it if you ask.

Took my dad 20 years to admit he did grow because he was from a farm and the old days.

Hell it was half of the income when I got the books and he could not deny it.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Most honest but will be "higher" than those that admit it if you ask.

Took my dad 20 years to admit he did grow because he was from a farm and the old days.

Hell it was half of the income when I got the books and he could not deny it.
This is why I made it a private poll.

Nixhex
03-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Marijuana>Lexapro>Zoloft>Paxil>Effexor,etc

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 01:26 AM
According to your P.O.V. anything that relaxes you or takes your mind off something is a crutch.

It was wrong before japan said it was ok and then the "pharmacy" and government said okay, we tested it, it is safe. What 220 million we got on the side.

Frazod
03-07-2009, 01:27 AM
You forgot the "Did it when I was a kid but grew the fuck up" option.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:30 AM

disagree I'm on lexapro, don't much enjoy getting high

el borracho
03-07-2009, 01:32 AM
You forgot the "Did it when I was a kid but grew the **** up" option.

Yep. Dope is pretty much for teens and maybe, maybe, early 20s. If you smoke it with any regularity after that I'm going to think less of you.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:33 AM
You forgot the "Did it when I was a kid but grew the **** up" option.

Well I'm kinda a newb at polls, but I sincerely doubt I could put an option in for every scenerio. that being said, I imagined that falling in the tried it didn't like it won't do it again option

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Yep. Dope is pretty much for teens and maybe, maybe, early 20s. If you smoke it with any regularity after that I'm going to think less of you.

Dude they're fucking high. They don't care.

KCUnited
03-07-2009, 01:34 AM

LOL. We're living similar lives, the only difference is, I'm just being honest with myself.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:36 AM
LOL. We're living similar lives, the only difference is, I'm just being honest with myself.

Then please do tell. Why is it a crutch?

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:36 AM

Wrong for a lot of people.The jane actually gives me social anxiety. I've known a lot of folks who took those mood enhancers too, and I think the people who created, and distribute that shit are no better than any other drug dealer. Talk about a crutch. I think I misunderstood you. You're right. I would rather someone I care about smoke weed on occasion than take those fuqin pills anyday.

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM

You've actually fooled yourself. You don't like getting high. That's cool, nothing wrong with that. But you're not going to convince me that something I do for fun is somehow keeping me together.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Wrong for a lot of people.The jane actually gives me social anxiety. I've known a lot of folks who took those mood enhancers too, and I think the people who created, and distribute that shit are no better than any other drug dealer. Talk about a crutch.

:cuss:

I just said i was on lexapro.

el borracho
03-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Dude they're ****ing high. They don't care.

Oh, I'm fine with that. I'm sure I do plenty of things that people don't like.

KCUnited
03-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Then please do tell. Why is it a crutch?

First, I never said I don't smoke weed or drink, quite the opposite actually. But its obvious that people take part in that to escape, differentiate themselves from who/what they are sober. Thats a crutch. Only the self conscious will perceive that as a negative.

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:41 AM

I just said i was on lexapro.

Get off it. Why are you on it? If you don't mind me asking.

Never mind dude. Obviously for depression, anxiety. Does this stuff help you? Do you plan on taking it the rest of your life?

greg63
03-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Calling QuickSstoner.

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:43 AM
First, I never said I don't smoke weed or drink, quite the opposite actually. But its obvious that people take part in that to escape, differentiate themselves from who/what they are sober. Thats a crutch. Only the self conscious will perceive that as a negative.

I feel no need to "escape though. I do it, because I enjoy it.

Nixhex
03-07-2009, 01:45 AM
You forgot the "Did it when I was a kid but grew the fuck up" option.

The sad thing is that doctors now prescribe pills that have just as strong or stronger effect on you than marijuana. The pill companies got a huge racket going. Lexapro, Zoloft and Effexor oh my!!!! The pill pushing psychiatrists that prescribe this shit like candy are no better than a pot dealer. The fucked up thing is they can do it legally. Sure some people may actually benefit from these pills but they got thousands upon thousands of people hooked on them and they really have no reason to be. Bullshit I tell ya. :D

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:49 AM
J. Diddy I don't mean to judge you. I've just had a lot of family members, ans CLOSE friends who complained of depression. Then they went to the Dr. and from that point onward some of them changed for the worse, some became someone else, and some are not with us anymore.

I don't remember any of them ever getting "better"

KcMizzou
Calling QuickSstoner.I'd like to smoke a bowl with that dude...

Just sayin'.

KCUnited
I feel no need to "escape though. I do it, because I enjoy it.

Please expand on what you enjoy about it.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Get off it. Why are you on it? If you don't mind me asking.

Never mind dude. Obviously for depression, anxiety. Does this stuff help you? Do you plan on taking it the rest of your life?

Helps me tremendously. I don't feel like killing myself anymore. I don't feel like killing others anymore. Plus it gives me a boner that lasts for hours.

el borracho
03-07-2009, 01:50 AM
By the way, whatever your personal view of dope may be, it is really presumptuous to think people all use it for the same reason. For some it may be a needed crutch, for others it may be harmless entertainment. Heck, some use it medicinally. You can't fairly characterize all dope-smokers into one psychologically similar group.

Nixhex
03-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Plus it gives me a boner that lasts for hours.

Whoa!!!! ROFL ROFL

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Helps me tremendously. I don't feel like killing myself anymore. I don't feel like killing others anymore. Plus it gives me a boner that lasts for hours.

Cool man. In that case, I'm glad you have it.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:53 AM

Like I said, same as watching a tv show or reading a good. You can have a drink without getting smashed and becoming someone else.

Frazod
The sad thing is that doctors now prescribe pills that have just as strong or stronger effect on you than marijuana. The pill companies got a huge racket going. Lexapro, Zoloft and Effexor oh my!!!! The pill pushing psychiatrists that prescribe this shit like candy are no better than a pot dealer. The fucked up thing is they can do it legally. Sure some people may actually benefit from these pills but they got thousands upon thousands of people hooked on them and they really have no reason to be. Bullshit I tell ya. :D

Yep. My best friend's mom is crazy as a shithouse rat and has been all her life. She's been prescribed a cocktail of uppers, downers, anti-this and that, for decades. Every time a doctor gets the idea that she should try to shake one or more of them, she just finds a different doctor. She's just as much a junkie as any crackhead in Cabrini Green.

KCUnited

Nevermind, my buzz has wore off. Must sleep now.

Nixhex
By the way, whatever your personal view of dope may be, it is really presumptuous to think people all use it for the same reason. For some it may be a needed crutch, for others it may be harmless entertainment. Heck, some use it medicinally. You can't fairly characterize all dope-smokers into one psychologically similar group.

Wisdom

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 01:55 AM

I like the altered state of perception. I understand what you're saying, and actually agree with you, but your choice of words just doesn't work. A crutch is something someone NEEDS to walk. Weed is more like a segway, than a crutch for me.

Nixhex
03-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Yep. My best friend's mom is crazy as a shithouse rat and has been all her life. She's been prescribed a cocktail of uppers, downers, anti-this and that, for decades. Every time a doctor gets the idea that she should try to shake one or more of them, she just finds a different doctor. She's just as much a junkie as any crackhead in Cabrini Green.

Yep. She's has a doctor prescribed drug habit. They don't regulate the stuff at all. It's ok though because taxes were paid on it and the doctor said it was safe. :rolleyes:

Mecca
03-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Well now I know why I can beat Diddy at video games.

Frazod
03-07-2009, 01:58 AM
If it was up to me pot would be legal tomorrow and taxed. But it isn't, and I've got too much to lose if I got busted for something that, quite frankly, I never really cared for anyway. I prefer my highs on the opposite end of the spectrum. Obviously I don't do that anymore, either.

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Like I said, same as watching a tv show or reading a good. You can have a drink without getting smashed and becoming someone else.

Again I was too quick to assume what they did for you. I guess I'll always have a biased opinion on the subject because of what happened to a very close family member of mine after a psychiatrist decided she needed a candy flip of medications.

Mecca
Yea me too that's why I do coke!

J Diddy
Well now I know why I can beat Diddy at video games.

and now I know why I can get laid and don't leave with my mother.

Mecca
03-07-2009, 02:01 AM
and now I know why I can get laid and don't leave with my mother.

Hey now I'm not Claythan.

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Yep. She's has a doctor prescribed drug habit. They don't regulate the stuff at all. It's ok though because taxes were paid on it and the doctor said it was safe. :rolleyes:

My mother will never be the same. I broke my ankle yesterday, and was impressed when the doc gave me a script of Ibuprofen. Pissed, but impressed.

Mecca
03-07-2009, 02:03 AM
See that annoys me, I don't take painkillers unless I have to which means it's really bothering me which means I in turn want something that is going to fucking work.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey now I'm not Claythan.

I got r ice cooking in the microw ave
D Em C
Got a t hree day beard I don't plan to s have
G D Em C
And its a goofy th ing but I j ust gotta s ay hey
D C G
I'm d oing alr ight
G C G
Yeah I t hink I'll make me some h omemade s oup
D Em C
Feelin pretty good and thats the t ruth
G D Em C
It's neither dr ink nor drug ind uced, no
D C G
I'm just d oin' alr ight

Chorus:
D Em
And it's a g reat day to be alive
Am Bm C D
I know the suns still shinin when I c lose my e yes
D Em
There's some h ard times in the n eigborhood
Am Bm C D
But why can't every day be j ust this g ood
Verse 2:
G C G
Its been 15 years since I left home
D Em C
Said good luck to every seed I'd sown
G D Em C
Gave it my best and then I left it alone, oh
D C G
I hope they're do in' al right

G C G
Now I look in the mirror and what do I see
D Em C
A lone wolf there starin' back at me
G D Em C
Long in the tooth but harmless as can be,
D C G
Lord I guess he's do in al right

Chorus:
D Em
Am Bm C D
D Em
Am Bm C D

Em G C G
Sometimes its l onely, sometimes its o nly m e
Am Bm C D Em
And the sh adows t hat f ill t his r oom
G C G A A7
Sometimes Im f alling desperately c alling h owling at the mo- -on
G
Ahhhwwooooo

G C G
Well I m ight go get me a new ta ttoo
D Em C
Or t ake my old Harley for a t hree day cr uise
G D Em C
Might even grow me a fu man c hu, ohh

Chorus:
D Em
Am Bm C D
D Em
Am Bm C D

beach tribe
03-07-2009, 02:08 AM
See that annoys me, I don't take painkillers unless I have to which means it's really bothering me which means I in turn want something that is going to ****ing work.

Yeah, it bothers me that some docs hand out pills like candy, but I'm in some SERIOUS pain. My ankle is BLACK all the way around. I have a third degree sprain, and a hairline frac. Fortunately I'm a bartender, so I got some shit better than what he would have given me anyway. Pills are dangerous as hell though. Painkiller narcotics are just as bad, if not worse than Coke or any of that other stuff.

Mecca
03-07-2009, 02:09 AM
It just depends on the person usually, some people are easily addicted others aren't.

Tiger's Fan
03-07-2009, 04:36 AM

You've obviously been indoctrinated into one of those classes, or facilities that dictates that if you've ever had a drink you're an alcoholic, or if you've smoked a joint, you're a drug addict.

People should really start thinking for themselves, instead of listening to a booming industry whose core concern is their substantial profit margins. Before the advent of rehab, people had a cocktail before dinner, or god forbid, smoked a J in the evening without turning into a drooling monster in the eyes of society. Do some people need to be rehabilitated? Sure. But the majority of folks in rehab are there by court order because they got busted with a nickle bag, or had an open container. (not that thats cool) If YOU can't control yourself, thats YOUR problem.

MTG#10
03-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I used to be a major pot-head but not so much anymore. For some reason I really get a craving for it when its its really cold and snowy outside...dont know why. In my younger days it didnt have this effect on me but now when I do smoke (2-3 times a year) I HAVE to stay home because I get extremely paranoid if Im not.

Stewie
03-07-2009, 07:08 AM
I don't care one way or the other if people smoke pot, but if you think it's an innocent little pastime you need to read about the brutal war happening in Juarez Mexico (across the border from El Paso). The drug cartel has taken over the city and they have no conscience regarding what it takes to get drugs to you, as long as they get your money. There were 1,500 murders last year in a city about the size of KC, many in broad daylight.

HypnotizedMonkey
03-07-2009, 07:22 AM
i would NEVER do this stuff. That being said, check out my website hypnotizedmonkey.com if you do that stuff it's pretty sweet. lol

Katipan
03-07-2009, 07:31 AM
I've been smoking since 5 am.

WhitiE
03-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I like the altered state of perception. I understand what you're saying, and actually agree with you, but your choice of words just doesn't work. A crutch is something someone NEEDS to walk. Weed is more like a segway, than a crutch for me.

dude im stealing this!!!!!!! TY!

"you in here for some marijuanan...." Marijuana is not a drug!! i sucked dick for coke!" "I SEEN EM!!!!!" "you ever suck dick for some marijuana?" "HUH!" "nah.... cant say that i have...." " yea didnt think so....." "EVERYONE BOO THIS MAN!! BOOO!!!!!!"

POND_OF_RED
03-07-2009, 08:39 AM

I've been smoking since 9 p.m.

POND_OF_RED
03-07-2009, 08:47 AM

Weed:
-makes movies better
-makes food better
-makes nature better
-makes sports better
-makes great Olympians
-makes Super Bowl MVP's
-makes shrooms kick in faster
-makes video games seem real
-makes reality seem like a video game

Oh, and I checked the frequently box.

StcChief
03-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Until you can't lose your job for it....NFW.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't care one way or the other if people smoke pot, but if you think it's an innocent little pastime you need to read about the brutal war happening in Juarez Mexico (across the border from El Paso). The drug cartel has taken over the city and they have no conscience regarding what it takes to get drugs to you, as long as they get your money. There were 1,500 murders last year in a city about the size of KC, many in broad daylight.

And all that would go away if pot was legal....

dred
03-07-2009, 10:42 AM
If the government is so concerned about kicking the economy in the ass, then they should legalize it!

- Farmers/Growers could profit from it. New jobs galore!
- Federal Government could tax it and bring in some income to help supplement all of the ridiculous spending they have already initiated.
- State Governments could tax it to help fund much needed programs. Not to mention all of the money it would save when you consider the amount of resources that are squandered on policing and judicial process.
- Users could start going with local sources instead of funding the Messcan Cartel's.
- Help the environment... Bring back HEMP!
Imagine if all the paper we use today were made of hemp instead of paper.

DaFace
03-07-2009, 10:50 AM
ChiefsPlanet Fact: Any thread on the topic of marijuana will result in a minimum of 100 posts.

eazyb81
03-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Yep.

The Buddha
03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Pot will never be legal. Alcohol would be illegal if our government thought they could get away with it again. We're going the wrong direction with our freedoms at this point in time for weed legalization to be a major issue.

Give it a few decades and it MIGHT. But don't count on it.

As for me, I used to smoke like a fiend. But then it started making me overly agitated and angry. It doesn't chill me out at all, it makes me want to get into fights and hurt people.

Now Percocets and Oxycontin... :-)

Ari Chi3fs
03-07-2009, 12:19 PM
I'd say about 1/2 a billion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2009, 12:20 PM
For my 21st birthday, a girl that I lived next to bought me a dime bag of weed.

She died of leukemia three days ago.

The moral of the story: If you buy 'Hamas' weed, you'll die of leukemia.

Think about that.

The Buddha
03-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I'd say about 1/2 a billion.

All the people with post counts over 10,000 lol.

Disclaimer: This is not an insult, as I see nothing wrong with smoking pot.

jidar
03-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Man you people seriously suck at making polls. At least 3/4 of the time there isn't an answer I agree with..

Where is "When I was younger, but don't anymore because it's illegal and I don't really have a need for it anyway."

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Bogart!

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 12:31 PM
For my 21st birthday, a girl that I lived next to bought me a dime bag of weed.

She died of leukemia three days ago.

The moral of the story: If you buy 'Hamas' weed, you'll die of leukemia.

Think about that.

Humm, no weed for you then!

Stewie
03-07-2009, 12:32 PM

But it's not.

A single snowflake feels no responsibility in an avalanche.

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I would rather face a high person on the road than a drunk driver!

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:17 PM
But it's not.

A single snowflake feels no responsibility in an avalanche.

Yellow snow pollutes the avalanche.

Adept Havelock
03-07-2009, 01:24 PM
IIRC there was a similar problem in many American cities in the 1920's and 1930's, except the drug was alcohol.

Common sense suggests to me we should apply a solution similar to how we ended that problem.

I'd rather both those intoxicated folks who are behind the wheel take the opportunity to avoid harming someone else by driving at high speed into a bridge support.

:shrug:

Brock
03-07-2009, 01:32 PM

If people could grow it in their back yard garden, that would take away a lot of money from the criminal element.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
IIRC there was a similar problem in many American cities in the 1920's and 1930's, except the drug was alchohol.

Common sense suggests to me we should apply a solution similar to how we ended that problem.

I'd rather both those intoxicated folks who are behind the wheel take the opportunity to avoid harming someone else by driving at high speed into a bridge support.

:shrug:

George Carlin had a brilliant suggestion to deal with this problem. Create one lane for all drunk/intoxicated drivers with traffic flowing both ways.

Adept Havelock
03-07-2009, 01:34 PM
George Carlin had a brilliant suggestion to deal with this problem. Create one lane for all drunk/intoxicated drivers with traffic flowing both ways.

George Carlin was a very smart and very funny man. :D

Baconeater
03-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Can we put the women and old people in that lane too?

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Can we put the women and old people in that lane too?

Um I like women and most old people are cool. I don't want them to die.

I propose a seperate lane for electric powered golf carts and then make them drive those.

Think of what that'll do. Eliminate green house gases, eliminate road rage incidents (which will eliminate hospital bills and non payers thus reducing medical bills), drive the price of gas down.

See pot does make you smart.

Stewie
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM
IIRC there was a similar problem in many American cities in the 1920's and 1930's, except the drug was alchohol.

I'm not debating whether it should be legalized, it probably should be. My point is that it's causing problems far removed from anyone's living room that are horrific. Torture, beheadings, etc. These thugs are absolutely ruthless because they can reel in American dollars.

The reason this is on the front burner for me is that a friend of mine's wife is from Juarez. I had no idea what was going on until he went there over the Thanksgiving break. He came back saying that gunfire was common in his in-law's neighborhood and they're regular middle class folks. No one leaves their house at night any more. They're prisoners in their own city and stray bullets have killed many innocent people, even in their own homes.

Adept Havelock
03-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm not debating whether it should be legalized, it probably should be. My point is that it's causing problems far removed from anyone's living room that are horrific. Torture, beheadings, etc. These thugs are absolutely ruthless because they can reel in American dollars.

The reason this is on the front burner for me is that a friend of mine's wife is from Juarez. I had no idea what was going on until he went there over the Thanksgiving break. He came back saying that gunfire was common in his in-law's neighborhood and they're regular middle class folks. No one leaves their house at night any more. They're prisoners in their own city and stray bullets have killed many innocent people, even in their own homes.

No doubt, it's horrible. And it will remain that way until the profits that drive that trade are removed.

AFAICS, there's only one way to do that. We have plenty of evidence that prohibition doesn't work in the WOD any more than it did in the 20's-30's. :shrug:

Stewie
03-07-2009, 01:59 PM
No doubt, it's horrible. And it will remain that way until the profits that drive that trade are removed.

AFAICS, there's only one way to do that. We have plenty of evidence that prohibition doesn't work in the WOD any more than it did in the 20's-30's. :shrug:

From what I've read those profits are in the $200 million per WEEK range for the two cartels that are battling it out in Mexico. It's unbelievable and sad.

Hydrae
03-07-2009, 02:26 PM

Which brings up the point I always mention in these discussions on legalizing pot. There is no way to do a sobriety test that indicates if you are currently stoned so there is no way to say if a person is under the influence while behind the wheel. For this reason alone I do not think we can get this legalized.

J Diddy
03-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Which brings up the point I always mention in these discussions on legalizing pot. There is no way to do a sobriety test that indicates if you are currently stoned so there is no way to say if a person is under the influence while behind the wheel. For this reason alone I do not think we can get this legalized.

Wouldn't a blood sample test provide that information?