PDA

View Full Version : Life DST

luv
03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
For those who do, don't forget to spring forward an hour tonight.

chiefforlife
03-07-2009, 09:01 AM
I LOVE DST!

cdcox
03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
The worst thing about this weekend is that it's an hour shorter.

milkman
03-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Can we just eliminate this whole time change bullshit.

Stupidest fucking idea ever.

lazepoo
03-07-2009, 09:14 AM

Stupidest ****ing idea ever.

No joke. WTF does it benefit?

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-07-2009, 09:15 AM

This.

ArrowheadHawk
03-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Well at least they did shorten it. I would think that is the first step to eliminating it.

Hydrae
03-07-2009, 09:23 AM

Have you ever lived somewhere that doesn't do the time change? It is a pain in the butt to figure out what time a show is on when all you are given is the east coast time. Or try to remember if you are on the same time as the zone next to you or not. It was nice not having to change but you still had to pay attention to it in regards to the rest of the country.

ArrowheadHawk
03-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Have you ever lived somewhere that doesn't do the time change? It is a pain in the butt to figure out what time a show is on when all you are given is the east coast time. Or try to remember if you are on the same time as the zone next to you or not. It was nice not having to change but you still had to pay attention to it in regards to the rest of the country.
That wouldn't be a problem if we just eliminated it everywhere.

cdcox
03-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Well at least they did shorten it. I would think that is the first step to eliminating it.

Actually, they lengthened DST and shortened standard time..

seclark
03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
The worst thing about this weekend is that it's an hour shorter.

shorter than that for me...i've already been called out to work twice this morning.:mad:
sec

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Stupidest fucking idea ever.

It is for kids now. Sorry you have to work in the light now.

Wow! What is for me tude.

Surprise!

stlchiefs
03-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Surprise!

huh? ROFL

milkman
03-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Surprise!

If I had any idea what the fuck you are saying, ever, I might have an actual response.

Herzig
03-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Love it.

chasedude
03-07-2009, 02:22 PM
I was watching the news last night and the anchor woman said "Good, we get more daylight hours!" :shake: Blond of course

Guru
03-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Stupidest ****ing idea ever.THIS

I hate this day more every single year.

Guru
03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Have you ever lived somewhere that doesn't do the time change? It is a pain in the butt to figure out what time a show is on when all you are given is the east coast time. Or try to remember if you are on the same time as the zone next to you or not. It was nice not having to change but you still had to pay attention to it in regards to the rest of the country.That is why you just throw it out completely.

luv
03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
You know what I just realized? I'm gonna have to take my big clock off the wall to change the time on it. That thing is a bitch to get hung up by myself.

kcfanintitanhell
03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
As a Native American once said about DST, "only the white man can cut the bottom of a blanket off, sew it on the top, and think he has a longer blanket."

Darth CarlSatan
03-07-2009, 08:24 PM
I always preferred Daylight Losing Time myself.

Now I live in AZ, and we stay constant year round.

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
That is why you just throw it out completely.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DaylightSaving-World-Subdivisions.png Too many countries use it.

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
From Wiki: The practice is controversial. Adding daylight to afternoons benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours,but causes problems for farming, entertainment and other occupations tied to the sun. Traffic fatalities are reduced when there is extra afternoon daylight; its effect on health and crime is less clear. Although an early goal of DST was to reduce evening usage of incandescent lighting, formerly a primary use of electricity, modern heating and cooling usage patterns greatly differ, and research about how DST currently affects energy use is limited and often contradictory.

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2009, 09:11 PM
As a Native American once said about DST, "only the white man can cut the bottom of a blanket off, sew it on the top, and think he has a longer blanket."Stupid analogy.

Darth CarlSatan
03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
As a Native American once said about DST, "only the white man can cut the bottom of a blanket off, sew it on the top, and think he has a longer blanket."

Beautiful analogy; fuck whitey!LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
03-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Actually, they lengthened DST and shortened standard time..

Well then fuck standard time.

cdcox
03-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Well then **** standard time.

If they are going to go to one time year around, I agree.

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I was watching the news last night and the anchor woman said "Good, we get more daylight hours!" :shake: Blond of course

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8080/droughtxc8.gif

Sam Hall
03-07-2009, 09:37 PM
People are going to show up an hour late tomorrow. It happens every year.

Ari Chi3fs
03-07-2009, 11:53 PM
I love DMT!!! It's my favorite drug! Oh, wait.... that not what you are talking about!

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2009, 12:47 AM
I LOVE DST!Kill yourself.

Well then fuck standard time.No. Fuck you.

Darth CarlSatan
03-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I love DMT!!! It's my favorite drug! Oh, wait.... that not what you are talking about!

Description

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/Machine_elf_imp.jpg/200px-Machine_elf_imp.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Machine_elf_imp.jpg)
At about minute or two of a DMT trip, according to McKenna, one may burst through a chrysanthemum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysanthemum)-like mandala, and find:
There's a whole bunch of entities waiting on the other side, saying "How wonderful that you're here! You come so rarely! We're so delighted to see you!"
They're like jewelled self-dribbling basketballs and there are many of them and they come pounding toward you and they will stop in front of you and vibrate, but then they do a very disconcerting thing, which is they jump into your body and then they jump back out again and the whole thing is going on in a high-speed mode where you're being presented with thousands of details per second and you can't get a hold on [them ...] and these things are saying "Don't give in to astonishment", which is exactly what you want to do. You want to go nuts with how crazy this is, and they say "Don't do that. Pay attention to what we're doing".
What they're doing is making objects with their voices, singing structures into existence. They offer things to you, saying "Look at this! Look at this!" and as your attention goes towards these objects you realise that what you're being shown is impossible. It's not simply intricate, beautiful and hard to manufacture, it's impossible to make these things. The nearest analogy would be the Fabergé eggs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faberg%C3%A9_egg), but these things are like the toys that are scattered around the nursery inside a U.F.O., celestial toys, and the toys themselves appear to be somehow alive and can sing other objects into existence, so what's happening is this proliferation of elf gifts, which are moving around singing, and they are saying "Do what we are doing" and they are very insistent, and they say "Do it! Do it! Do it!" and you feel like a bubble inside your body beginning to move up toward your mouth, and when it comes out it isn't sound, it's vision. You discover that you can pump "stuff" out of your mouth by singing, and they're urging you to do this. They say "That's it! That's it! Keep doing it!".
We're now at minute 4.5 [of the trip] and you speak in a kind of glossolalia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossolalia). There is a spontaneous outpouring of syntax unaccompanied by what is normally called "meaning". After a minute or so of this the whole thing begins to collapse in on itself and they begin to physically move away from you. Usually their final shot is that they wave goodbye and say "Deja vu! Deja vu!".

:eek:ROFL:hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2009, 01:00 AM
DMT unlocks the secrets of the universe! Human beings are like viruses, man!

Darth CarlSatan
03-08-2009, 01:10 AM
So Agent Smith tells us...

Frazod
03-08-2009, 01:14 AM
I hate daylight savings time in the spring. Monday's gonna suck ass.

:cuss:

Darth CarlSatan
03-08-2009, 01:26 AM
I hate daylight savings time in the spring. Monday's gonna suck ass.

:cuss:

I've been DST-free for three years here in Arizona, and I love it.

Jilly
03-08-2009, 07:32 AM
can someone explain to me why my daughter decided to get up an hour earlier then normal? How does that freaking work?

Manila-Chief
03-08-2009, 08:09 AM
That wouldn't be a problem if we just eliminated it everywhere.

Or, just leave it DST all year. It's the changing that I don't like.

It was nice living in the Philippines ... the only change we had to make was adjusting our thinking of what time it was back here.

Guru
03-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Or, just leave it DST all year. It's the changing that I don't like.

It was nice living in the Philippines ... the only change we had to make was adjusting our thinking of what time it was back here.Personally I would rather have standard time over daylight time. I hate having that battle with the kids over bedtime in the summer. "But it's still light outside dad."

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 10:16 AM
LMAO I just don't get why people hate the time change so much. I agree, though, I wish we could just stay on DST.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-08-2009, 10:24 AM
LMAO I just don't get why people hate the time change so much.
You know how many friggin' clocks I have in my house? It's pain in the g-d ass, and it's pointless.

soundmind
03-08-2009, 11:29 AM
It's an old old old way of helping out the farming communities. I'm okay, so long as they continue to grow renewable food and resources.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 11:35 AM
You know how many friggin' clocks I have in my house? It's pain in the g-d ass, and it's pointless.All the clocks I have reset themselves. Directv DVR, cell, and computer.

ArrowheadHawk
03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Personally I would rather have standard time over daylight time. I hate having that battle with the kids over bedtime in the summer. "But it's still light outside dad."

Take charge be the parent. I put my kids to bed when it's light outside.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
All the clocks I have reset themselves. Directv DVR, cell, and computer.

You don't have alarm clocks, wall clocks, microwave clock, stove clock, coffee pot clock, mantel clock, or clocks in your vehicles?

sedated
03-08-2009, 02:12 PM
I thought she meant the DT's

damaticous
03-08-2009, 02:21 PM

agreed 100%:thumb:

Manila-Chief
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM
It's an old old old way of helping out the farming communities. I'm okay, so long as they continue to grow renewable food and resources.

How so? Most farmers I know don't like it. They go by the sun and not by the clock, anyway!!!

One of the arguments for going back to standard time is because kids have to go to school in the dark. Seems like schools could just change their schedule.

As I said above ... just keep it the same all year. I'm okay with either.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 04:01 PM
You don't have alarm clocks, wall clocks, microwave clock, stove clock, coffee pot clock, mantel clock, or clocks in your vehicles?My cell is my alarm. No wall clocks cuz my cell is usually on me. I've never set the clock on my stove, and the microwave clock quit working a year ago.

kcfanintitanhell
03-08-2009, 04:11 PM
One of the arguments for going back to standard time is because kids have to go to school in the dark.

FWIW, I live in the extreme western part of the Eastern Time Zone, so from December to March kids are going to school in the dark DST or Standard. Conversely, they all have daylight after school.
Go two hours or so and get into the extreme eastern part of the Central Time Zone and it's exactly the opposite. It's a lose-lose situation, Standard or DST.