PDA

View Full Version : KU GO KU Big 12 Champs!!! But...

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Big deal. Been there, won a million. Same with the Big 12 tournament. Our goal is to defend our National Championship. That's what we do. No matter who or how many players we lose, that's always our goal. This isn't MU, this isn't OU, this isn't KState. This is KU. This is tradition.

ROCK CHALK MOTHER ****ERS!!!!!!!!!!!:KU:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2277/2487842093_4f0c045ed1.jpg

Brock
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm as proud of KU as anyone, but come on.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm as proud of KU as anyone, but come on.

Go away.

kstater
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I think if your sole goal is to defend the NC, you're going to end up very dissapointed.

Brock
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Go away.

Go root for whatever division 2 school you actually went to.

chief4life
03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I think if your sole goal is to defend the NC, you're going to end up very dissapointed.

I think if your sole goal is to get to the NIT you just plain suck!

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Go root for whatever division 2 school you actually went to.

Go away.

Skip Towne
03-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Oh, we're going to defend it. We don't come and go from the Dance like some schools.

Brock
03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Go away.

Where did you go to college again?

Al Bundy
03-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Go away.

So you're saying you went to KU?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Did you even go to college? You're right, I'm not going to school at KU...I'm going to grad school at KU. Eat it bitch. :)

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Kansas <strike>rebuilds</strike> <strike>reloads</strike> repeats.

DeezNutz
03-07-2009, 04:39 PM
I have no idea why anyone would want to devalue the importance of winning the regular season championship in a major conference.

It's not easy and is a far more accurate barometer of a "great" team.

Guru
03-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Even though I can't honestly see KU winning it, they are most definitely defending it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Big deal. Been there, won a million. Same with the Big 12 tournament. Our goal is to defend our National Championship. That's what we do. No matter who or how many players we lose, that's always our goal. This isn't MU, this isn't OU, this isn't KState. This is KU. This is tradition.

ROCK CHALK MOTHER ****ERS!!!!!!!!!!!:KU:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2277/2487842093_4f0c045ed1.jpg

Sometimes I get pissy with all the MU/K-State fans that think all KU fans are assholes, then someone reminds me why they think that.

luv
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM

Since when do you have to go to a college to be a fan of it? I don't get why you're putting down someone who is bragging about your team?

Silock
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I find that a much more accurate barometer of a "great" team is the fact that we can argue about what is better: Defending your national championship or your annual conference championship.

Rock Fucking Chalk, bitches.

DeezNutz
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
It's a barometer of a great program, not team.

Big difference.

With Self at the helm, this is going to be routine at KU.

Al Bundy
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Since when do you have to go to a college to be a fan of it? I don't get why you're putting down someone who is bragging about your team?

I think the thing is you get a lot of fans who don't go to the school and/or have never even been to a game who act like they are better people/fans because they root for a school that wins.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh, we're going to defend it. We don't come and go from the Dance like some schools.

Ugh............ really must we open that can of worms for the other teams fans? I'm as big a KU as you'll find.... But Bradley and Bucknell beg to differ.

It's awesome that KU does as well as they do and have a title to defend this year. It would be great if some degree of humilty could go with it.

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Sometimes I get pissy with all the MU/K-State fans that think all KU fans are assholes, then someone reminds me why they think that.Eh, not all of you are obnoxious.

luv
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I think the thing is you get a lot of fans who don't go to the school and/or have never even been to a game who act like they are better people/fans because they root for a school that wins.

So, you have to actually go to KU to act like a pompous jerk?

Brock
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM

This. The most loudmouthed KU fans on the net have never set foot in Lawrence.

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I have no idea why anyone would want to devalue the importance of winning the regular season championship in a major conference.

Yep... while it's great to be on the short list of teams that have more than a mere 2 NCs, their 52 conference championships are much more impressive in terms of longstanding greatness.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM

no, KU fans prove that's not true every day...

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Eh, not all of you are obnoxious.

I just don't think there's any need to be. If KU went undefeated every year and won every title that would be one thing. Last I checked though we haven't.

Al Bundy

Well I don't know.. I know in Florida there were plenty of pompous jerks who rooted for Florida even though they didn't go there and only rooted for them because they won. Most people I know that actually went to KU aren't like that, they are secure in the fact that they actually graduated from there and don't need to be loud morons to show that they are "Big KU Fans".

mikeyis4dcats.
Yep... while it's great to be on the short list of teams that have more than a mere 2 NCs, their 52 conference championships are much more impressive in terms of longstanding greatness.

that is a great stat. Where does that put KU among all teams for conference titles?

Brock

How empty does your life have to be to pick your college team out of a phone book? Of course I'm asking a new MU fan who used to be a KU fan.

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Ugh............ really must we open that can of worms for the other teams fans? I'm as big a KU as you'll find.... But Bradley and Bucknell beg to differ.

It's awesome that KU does as well as they do and have a title to defend this year. It would be great if some degree of humilty could go with it.

Yeah, we've gone most of the year with the thought that Kansas might lose early in the tourney this year... no reason to inflate the ego now. They can still lose in the first weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened.

Yeah, they just won the Big 12, but they're still young and stupid, and all but 2 players will be playing on the big stage for the first time.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-07-2009, 04:52 PM
How empty does your life have to be to pick your college team out of a phone book? Of course I'm asking a new MU fan who used to be a KU fan.

i don't know luv's story, but i actually rooted for KU until I was in middle school and decided I wanted to go to KSU. My whole family is KU fans, and I actually grew up about a block from Danny Manning, and lived next door to Scooter Barry and a few of the guys after that.

My allegiances are to KSU, I really enjoyed my college experience there, and as an alumni I am very happy to be a K-Stater.

And I've converted my niece and nephew. Drives my diehard KU fan brother nuts. He is one of those loudmouth KU fans who didn't attend.

luv
Well I don't know.. I know in Florida there were plenty of pompous jerks who rooted for Florida even though they didn't go there and only rooted for them because they won. Most people I know that actually went to KU aren't like that, they are secure in the fact that they actually graduated from there and don't need to be loud morons to show that they are "Big KU Fans".

So, only people who go to that school are true fans? You guys are acting like Cody just became a fan of KU in the last few years. I don't think that's the case.

Anyong Bluth
is this a joke? pretty spoiled and ungrateful attitude for a young squad that most picked to finish 3 or 4 in the conference. Kinda shitty to disregard their time and hardwork to get better and play as a team...
and for the record, since its been discussed in this thread, I'm a KU grad- both undergrad and lawschool, and I've never taken our success in any sport for granted....
Posted via Mobile Device

Spott
03-07-2009, 04:53 PM

She's from Missouri and never went to school at KU, why should she be a Kansas fan?

jidar
Nothing wrong with fostering the rivalry a bit.
Besides, we should make the most of these rare seasons when MU doesn't completely suck balls.

luv

I rooted for KU basketball (never football) for one season.

Besides, this is about Cody. Why give him grief?

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
So, only people who go to that school are true fans? You guys are acting like Cody just became a fan of KU in the last few years. I don't think that's the case.I think it's more about his obnoxious "rub their face in it" attitude making KU fans look bad. And they're right...

I've got no problem with a fan being proud of their team. They damn well should be... but Jesus, win with class.

Act like you've been there before... because as you (VT) point out... you certainly have.

luv
03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I think it's more about his obnoxious "rub their face in it" attitude making KU fans look bad. And they're right...

I've got no problem with a fan being proud of their team. They damn well should be... but Jesus, win with class.

I agree. I just think they're being overly critical of Cody. What if it was someone who had gone to KU who started the thread? That said, Cody can get overly boisterous.

Baby Lee

Why don't you and Marty Schottenheimer just get married already?!?!?!

Bearcat
that is a great stat. Where does that put KU among all teams for conference titles?

They're #1... not sure about #2?

Let's see.... UNC has 32
UCLA has 40
Kentucky has 43

Probably forgetting someone obvious....

Brock
I rooted for KU basketball (never football) for one season.

Besides, this is about Cody. Why give him grief?

Because if you're posting about "tradition" and "what we do", it speaks to credibility on the subject. If you're going to be an obnoxious turd, at least know something about the subject.

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
That said, Cody can get overly boisterous.Ya think?

DeezNutz
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Why don't you and Marty Schottenheimer just get married already?!?!?!

LMAO

Ok. Yeah, bereft of post-season success, the reg. season accolades would start to ring hollow.

But this year? For ****'s sake. Winning the conference crown with this current roster is impressive as hell. I don't care if the rest of the league is "down."

Self has done one heck of a job.

Best coach in the nation, hands down, IMO. Can recruit, X and O, and get effort. Combine all this with his age, and he's the best.

Spott
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM

It's funny that anyone thinks that they are "better" because of the team they root for. Especially when you consider that we are all here because we are fans of an NFL team that is a perennial loser and is basically the Cubs of the NFL.

luv
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Ya think?

Especially when you've got Bearcat. He didn't go to KU, but he's a classy guy who knows about their tradition. Just look at him with his stats.

luv
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
It's funny that anyone thinks that they are "better" because of the team they root for. Especially when you consider that we are all here because we are fans of an NFL team that is a perennial loser and is basically the Cubs of the NFL.

Ouch.

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Especially when you've got Bearcat. He didn't go to KU, but he's a classy guy who knows about their tradition. Just look at him with his stats.Right... and you don't see him taking shit for it, do ya?

The only difference is BC doesn't behave like an asshole.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM
LMAO

Ok. Yeah, bereft of post-season success, the reg. season accolades would start to ring hollow.

But this year? For ****'s sake. Winning the conference crown with this current roster is impressive as hell. I don't care if the rest of the league is "down."

Self has done one heck of a job.

Best coach in the nation, hands down, IMO. Can recruit, X and O, and get effort. Combine all this with his age, and he's the best.

Self for coach of the year... in a year when we're likely NOT going to win it all.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM
ROFL you guys are cute!

KC_Connection
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I think we saw this week why we can't expect a NC repeat from this group. I'm not expecting anything but a Sweet 16.

luv
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Right... and you don't see him taking shit for it, do ya?

The only difference is BC doesn't behave like an asshole.

Sure he does. He just always follows his with a friendly smiley. Like that makes it okay. :harumph:

:p Bearcat.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Especially when you've got Bearcat. He didn't go to KU, but he's a classy guy who knows about their tradition. Just look at him with his stats.

S I'm not classy because I didn't post stats?

:sulk:

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Sure he does. He just always follows his with a friendly smiley. Like that makes it okay. :harumph:

:p Bearcat.Big difference, IMO.

We'll agree to disagree.

luv
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
S I'm not classy because I didn't post stats?

:sulk:

Uh....err....you're too manly to be classy? No, that would make Bearcat not manly....

Give me a minute....

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Uh....err....you're too manly to be classy? No, that would make Bearcat not manly....

Give me a minute....

That one works for me, we're good.

DeezNutz
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Self for coach of the year... in a year when we're likely NOT going to win it all.

No, unless a minor miracle happens, they won't.

But, if Collins and Aldrich perform like they're capable of, a Final Four run isn't out of the question, especially if they get a favorable draw (perhaps opening in KC).

luv
03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Big difference, IMO.

We'll agree to disagree.

Eek!

I'm being sarcastic.

I don't know why, but I do that when I'm in a good mood. That, and I like giving him crap, even when I'm not talking directly to him.

EyePod
03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
LET'S GO DREXEL DRAGONS!!!! ....... oh wait... My school isn't good at basketball....

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 05:11 PM

If they repeated, monuments would be built and the Jayhawks would be playing on Bill Self Court next season. Look at who Duke and Florida returned in order to repeat. It's not "not likely"... it's damn near impossible.

KC_Connection
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't know if you watched Pitt and UConn this morning, but those two teams are on another level compared to KU.

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM

:p Bearcat.

Sure it does. Watch...

Mizzou is a f***ing fraud.

or

As we all know, Mizzou is a f***ing fraud. ;)

The first reeks of arrogance and contempt. In the second example, however, you chuckle and are more likely to thank me for being part of the conversation.

It's all in the delivery, Muron. :p

see, I did it again!

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Hell, in the Mizzou game thread today we had Mizzou fans saying, "fuck you Tigers", and "the team is such a fucking fraud"... for losing a game on the road, on senior day, to a team fighting for their tournament lives.

This is just the flip side of the same coin.

Al Bundy
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
So, only people who go to that school are true fans? You guys are acting like Cody just became a fan of KU in the last few years. I don't think that's the case.

Nope.... but no need to act as though you are a better fan because you root for a team that wins. That is a Dallas Cowboys fan.

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Sure it does. Watch...

Mizzou is a f***ing fraud.

or

As we all know, Mizzou is a f***ing fraud. ;)

The first reeks of arrogance and contempt. In the second example, however, you chuckle and are more likely to thank me for being part of the conversation.

It's all in the delivery, Muron. :p

see, I did it again!

Yeah, yeah... I ain't buyin' it.

KC_Connection
Hell, in the Mizzou game thread today we had Mizzou fans saying, "**** you Tigers", and "the team is such a ****ing fraud"... for losing a game on the road, on senior day, to a team fighting for their tournament lives.

They are mistaken. It's only the football team that was a fraud. :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
I don't know if you watched Pitt and UConn this morning, but those two teams are on another level compared to KU.

Yes. I'd be happy as hell with a sweet 16 this year. Of course I'm gonna be dissappointed where ever we lose but considering what we started with this season it would be great.

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM
You wanna see a real obnoxious douchbag, though... read a Comochief post or two.

Al Bundy
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM

Ehhh I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I do wonder how many people were Chiefs fans in the 80's when they sucked much like the Buccaneers did.

KC_Connection
03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes. I'd be happy as hell with a sweet 16 this year. Of course I'm gonna be dissappointed where ever we lose but considering what we started with this season it would be great.

I'm not sure I'll be happy with it, I think they are capable of Elite 8, but Sweet 16 is what I expect.

EyePod

They look like the fucking NBA. That was a really enjoyable game (especially because I hate everything that is New England).

KC_Connection
You wanna see a real obnoxious douchbag, though... read a Comochief post or two.

LOL...

"OU would win that game 9/10 times."

Reerun_KC
It was nice to see TT show up after their fluke on Wednesday...

And all the people that sucked off Volich from TT, can suck on the championship.

luv
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Hell, in the Mizzou game thread today we had Mizzou fans saying, "fuck you Tigers", and "the team is such a fucking fraud"... for losing a game on the road, on senior day, to a team fighting for their tournament lives.

I think a lot of that was said out of frustration though. I know that doesn't make up for what was said. Earlier on in that thread, I said we suck on the road, when I should have said that we don't seem to play as well on the road. If we could learn to make some free throws. :banghead:

Talking with my dad today, he said that MU has several players that might be at 70%, but we on't have that "go to guy" to give the ball to who has like a 90%.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
It was nice to see TT show up after their fluke on Wednesday...

And all the people that sucked off Volich from TT, can suck on the championship.

I think the word you were looking for is Voskuil...

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Hell, in the Mizzou game thread today we had Mizzou fans saying, "**** you Tigers", and "the team is such a ****ing fraud"... for losing a game on the road, on senior day, to a team fighting for their tournament lives.

Good point... it happened during football season, too. I can get wrapped up in pro sports, and even though I get just as excited or more excited about college sports, I've never gotten nearly as low. They're college kids, FFS.

I'll never be an asshole. :sulk:

Spott
03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Ehhh I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I do wonder how many people were Chiefs fans in the 80's when they sucked much like the Buccaneers did.

I would imagine that everyone here that is old enough to remember the 80's probably lived in KC and rooted for them back then. Nobody becomes a bandwagon Chiefs fan unless they're some kind of sick masochist.

luv
03-07-2009, 05:22 PM

LMAO

See how much fun it is?

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 05:22 PM
If they repeated, monuments would be built and the Jayhawks would be playing on Bill Self Court next season. Look at who Duke and Florida returned in order to repeat. It's not "not likely"... it's damn near impossible.

It would certainly take the stars aligning and better teams having bad games. I'm really glad to have Bill Self in charge of things in Lawrence though. I don't think there's another coach I'd rather have. I feel more confident about the teams future under him than I even did with Roy or Larry Brown.

luv
03-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I'll never be an asshole. :sulk:

Oh c'mon. No guilt trips. That's not playing fair.

KC_Connection

He went 1 for 5 today agaisnt Iowa State.

Reerun_KC

Your right! My bad, after the CAREER night he had against KU, I should of noticed his name... ROFL

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 05:24 PM
I would imagine that everyone here that is old enough to remember the 80's probably lived in KC and rooted for them back then. Nobody becomes a bandwagon Chiefs fan unless they're some kind of sick masochist.I'm a bandwagon Chiefs fan. Became a fan in 1989... when I was 15.

I've just stayed on the bandwagon for 20 years.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-07-2009, 05:24 PM
It would certainly take the stars aligning and better teams having bad games. I'm really glad to have Bill Self in charge of things in Lawrence though. I don't think there's another coach I'd rather have. I feel more confident about the teams future under him than I even did with Roy or Larry Brown.

I will say, I haven't heard anyone calling for his head like you did early last season or the season before....

I still am more impressed with what Anderson did at MU this year though.

KU lost a lot of players, but Self still took prime ribeye, and Anderson is working with 70/30.

KC_Connection
03-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Good point... it happened during football season, too. I can get wrapped up in pro sports, and even though I get just as excited or more excited about college sports, I've never gotten nearly as low. They're college kids, FFS.

I was pretty pissed last year when that team of NBA players lost to Ok. State. That shouldn't have happened.

Reerun_KC

But he always goes off every night! You just dont know anything about basketball /WilliamtheIrish

Dr. Facebook Fever
I would imagine that everyone here that is old enough to remember the 80's probably lived in KC and rooted for them back then. Nobody becomes a bandwagon Chiefs fan unless they're some kind of sick masochist.

I didn't live in KC in the 80's... was in high school and started college in Kansas and I'd get so depressed when the Chiefs would lose it would ruin my week. Thankfully I've grown up since then and now know it's just sports. I felt they were representing me in a way and I was tired of feeling like a loser to the rest of the nation. That's just sad to let sports mean that much to you.

kstater
03-07-2009, 05:26 PM
KU employs nothing but punks who expose their junk to women and hit referees.;)

did it work?

mikeyis4dcats.

he's not the second coming of Christ, but he's not a terrible player either. I don't think anyone was sucking him off the other night, we all realize he had a career game.

Like Clemente against Texas. That was a performance nealry 3 TIMES his average. Doesn't take anything away from the impressiveness of the feat though.

Bearcat
I'm not sure I'll be happy with it, I think they are capable of Elite 8, but Sweet 16 is what I expect.

By the SS, we'll be facing one of many ACC/Big East teams, so I don't like their chances past that... in this week's Bracketology, they're matched up with #2 Duke, and other possibilities are Wake Forest, Villanova, Michigan State, Memphis, Louisville. It would be great to just get there.

kstater
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM
But he always goes off every night! You just dont know anything about basketball /WilliamtheIrish

WTI's argument wasn't that he goes off every night, but that he's a 50% 3 point shooter whom you shouldn't be surprised when he goes off.

Reerun_KC
did it work?

No, that was a fail... sorry.

mikeyis4dcats.

did it work?

don't forget Thug 1 and Thug 2 ;)

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM

Capable yes... I just try to keep my expectations grounded. Heh.

Reerun_KC
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
WTI's argument wasn't that he goes off every night, but that he's a 50% 3 point shooter whom you shouldn't be surprised when he goes off.

I know that, but when he has a career night against KU, all the haters try and justify it.....

Its just typical...

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 05:29 PM

did it work?
Thanks for stopping by!

Damnit!

Reerun_KC
Capable yes... I just try to keep my expectations grounded. Heh.

This....

I wouldnt be surprised if they get smoked in the first round....

mikeyis4dcats.

you misremember. Bill even posted stats to show that Voskuil has had SEVERAL great shooting nights, including (IIRC) an 8 for 11 outing. He's streaky, and either ice cold or blistering for the most part.

KC_Connection
By the SS, we'll be facing one of many ACC/Big East teams, so I don't like their chances past that... in this week's Bracketology, they're matched up with #2 Duke, and other possibilities are Wake Forest, Villanova, Michigan State, Memphis, Louisville. It would be great to just get there.
KU seems to bring their game up against the better opponents, so at least if they get there it will probably be a close game.

It's those games in the 1st and 2nd round we should be scared of, methinks. Texas Tech could happen again at the wrong time.

Spott
03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm a bandwagon Chiefs fan. Became a fan in 1989... when I was 15.

I've just stayed on the bandwagon for 20 years.

I went to my first game when I was 7 back in 79. It's a hard bandwagon to get off of once you get on.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I know that, but when he has a career night against KU, all the haters try and justify it.....

Its just typical...

what are they trying to justify? I don't follow...

kstater
03-07-2009, 05:31 PM

Its just typical...

And at the same time, a lot of KU fans complain that everyone has a career night against them. It could possibly be the way that KU plays D against these players.

Reerun_KC
03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
you misremember. Bill even posted stats to show that Voskuil has had SEVERAL great shooting nights, including (IIRC) an 8 for 11 outing. He's streaky, and either ice cold or blistering for the most part.

Actually, I was the one that posted his stats for this year and his career...

KcMizzou
03-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I went to my first game when I was 7 back in 79. It's a hard bandwagon to get off of once you get on.Yep, at a certain point, it becomes a loyalty thing.

Like family. You may think your brother's a worthless bastard, but let someone else say it, and you're ready to fight for 'em. :)

Reerun_KC
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
And at the same time, a lot of KU fans complain that everyone has a career night against them. It could possibly be the way that KU plays D against these players.

Granted the D wasnt as good as normal for KU, but when a guy is draining NBA+ 3's or with people all over them... Yes it was a career night, it happens, but it was just a bump in the road for the hawks... Happens every year...

mikeyis4dcats.
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Actually, I was the one that posted his stats for this year and his career...

ah, my mistake. point still stands.

Reerun_KC
03-07-2009, 05:35 PM
ah, my mistake. point still stands.

Point taken...

Bearcat
03-07-2009, 05:37 PM
KU seems to bring their game up against the better opponents, so at least if they get there it will probably be a close game.

It's those games in the 1st and 2nd round we should be scared of, methinks. Texas Tech could happen again at the wrong time.

Good point... they've had a couple of games lately where they've actually not fallen asleep for long periods, but I have no doubt they'll play down to their competition in the early rounds.

I was pretty pissed last year when that team of NBA players lost to Ok. State. That shouldn't have happened.

I can't find the thread, but there was a mild implosion after that game... my big concern was that the last 5 minutes of the Texas game was crap, and they were completely lost at the end of the OSU game, too. So, having a defensive stop against Davidson and an offensive play to tie the game versus Memphis made the season that much better.

Anyway, that's why I was screaming about it in the Mizzou thread today... people want to link games together and talk about long term and momentum and crap, but it... just... doesn't... matter. :)

ArrowheadHawk
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
If KU defends it's championship I will be extremely surprised.

Spott
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL...

"OU would win that game 9/10 times."

What's funnier about that 9/10 comment is that OU has actually lost 4 of it's last 5 games against MU.

WilliamTheIrish
03-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Its just typical...

As has been pointed out in this thread, the was no argument to justify. I simply said AV's entire game is predicated on the three. He's hit more in his career than anybody at Tech.

You disagreed, then posted the his career stats, which showed exactly what I said: That "Volich" LMAO, hit a record number of threes was no surprise. Except to you. That's when you went all "Leave Britney Alone" and whined and wailed and lashed out the haterzzzz!!!!!!1111111111

This is why you are referred to as 'tragically funny'. (obtuse)

Reerun_KC
03-07-2009, 06:17 PM
As has been pointed out in this thread, the was no argument to justify. I simply said AV's entire game is predicated on the three. He's hit more in his career than anybody at Tech.

You disagreed, then posted the his career stats, which showed exactly what I said: That "Volich" LMAO, hit a record number of threes was no surprise. Except to you. That's when you went all "Leave Britney Alone" and whined and wailed and lashed out the haterzzzz!!!!!!1111111111

This is why you are referred to as 'tragically funny'. (obtuse)

So are we talking about KSU Athletics again?

ArrowheadHawk
03-07-2009, 06:19 PM
So are we talking about KSU Athletics again?Are they relevant?

WilliamTheIrish
03-07-2009, 06:26 PM
So are we talking about KSU Athletics again?

It's okay. If I were you, I'd change the subject too. And Arrowtardhawk, who likes defending you, is just as tragically stupid.

I believe he's the one who referred to "Volich" as a 'some nobody'.

You two make quite a pair.

Skip Towne
03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Uh-oh, William is giving people funny names again. :LOL:

CoMoChief
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
What's funnier about that 9/10 comment is that OU has actually lost 4 of it's last 5 games against MU.

Whats even funnier is that this comment doesn't make any sense as I was talking about this years team. Not teams in the past.

Pablo
03-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Eh..if this team makes it to the Elite 8 I'll be pretty damn happy.

I think they have the talent and the coaching to do so, but repeating is going to be next to impossible.

We aren't ready for a team like Pitt, or UConn, or even UNC right now...but I'm pretty damn impressed with what we've done this year, and the only way I'll be truly disappointed is if we don't make it to the Sweet 16.

Reerun_KC
03-07-2009, 08:33 PM
It's okay. If I were you, I'd change the subject too. And Arrowtardhawk, who likes defending you, is just as tragically stupid.

I believe he's the one who referred to "Volich" as a 'some nobody'.

You two make quite a pair.

:deevee:

Reerun just dont care what I say, I am relevant and I matter! Reerun! You pay attention to me!

WilliamTheIrish
03-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Reerun just dont care what I say, I am relevant and I matter! Reerun! You pay attention to me!

From 1825 this evening:

Even in KU's championship glory, you can't stop thinking about me. LMAO

Reerun_KC
03-07-2009, 08:42 PM
From 1825 this evening:

Even in KU's championship glory, you can't stop thinking about me. LMAO

ROFL

I have to do something to keep you in the forefront, I just hate if you fell off the message board...

:D