PDA

View Full Version : Life Great new cat toy.

Rain Man
03-07-2009, 11:11 PM
For Valentine's Day, my wife got me one of those Mylar balloons with some candy, and it has a ribbon/string that is used to tie to stuff so it won't go flying into the sky and bring down a jet or eagle or something.

Well, I tied a little piece of paper into the string, enough to drag the balloon to the ground, and then I tore off little bits of the paper piece by piece until it hit more or less neutral buoyancy. I set the ballast to where the balloon can't lift both the paper and the full ribbon, but it CAN lift the paper and most of the ribbon. The end result is that the balloon floats about four feet off the ground and trails about six inches of ribbon on the floor. When the furnace comes on or something, the balloon then floats around, dragging the ribbon. The cat and I both think it's fun to chase.

You should consider buying a Mylar balloon for your own cat(s).

unothadeal
03-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I might buy one for myself

kcfanXIII
03-07-2009, 11:15 PM
does it come in antifreeze?

Ari Chi3fs
03-07-2009, 11:16 PM
you really need to tweet, Kevin. I did some AMAZING market research in real-time the other day... and the poll options with twtpoll.com are quite engaging.

Just sayin'...

luv
03-07-2009, 11:17 PM
does it come in antifreeze?

Hey man, just cuz you have a cool dog, don't be dissin' cats. :p

luv
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
you really need to tweet, Kevin. I did some AMAZING market research in real-time the other day... and the poll options with twtpoll.com are quite engaging.

Just sayin'...

How are you guys doing all that stuff? Are there options on there I'm not seeing?

Rain Man
03-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Just sayin'...

How did you do market research?

kcfanXIII
03-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey man, just cuz you have a cool dog, don't be dissin' cats. :p

i don't dis cats. i merely point out the fact they are self absorbed, untrainable, irritatingly loud, and they attack my feet while i'm sleeping. meh, i'll take my dog that's trained on hand signals, protective, loyal, and quiet. oh, and he doesn't wake me up, unless its an emergency. really, he never does. the one time he did, and i ignored him, he shit in my bedroom. all over a trash bag i had on my floor. not sure if he meant to do that or i just got lucky, but it was easy to clean up.

thanks for the complement on chief though. i never get tired of hearing it. did you see pics i just post on the pets thread?

luv
03-07-2009, 11:45 PM
i don't dis cats. i merely point out the fact they are self absorbed, untrainable, irritatingly loud, and they attack my feet while i'm sleeping. meh, i'll take my dog that's trained on hand signals, protective, loyal, and quiet. oh, and he doesn't wake me up, unless its an emergency. really, he never does. the one time he did, and i ignored him, he shit in my bedroom. all over a trash bag i had on my floor. not sure if he meant to do that or i just got lucky.

Cats are loud? I can tell you every one of my neighbors that own a dog. Especially the ones with separation anxiety. Of course, I live in an apartment.

Ari Chi3fs
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
How did you do market research?

i had this dream a couple of years ago.... that I was on Oprah, and she invited me on there to talk about my "business" SellYourSoles.com, which was NOT my business, but it was part of the dream.

The concept was an auction site like ebay, but only sold used, lightly worn shoes.

So, I asked the ladies how many pairs of shoes that they currently own, with a poll.

http://twtpoll.com/r/8bp9gc

Then I followed up with, how many would buy used shoes...

http://twtpoll.com/r/r9rdq4

It was very fun... and very conversational.

kcfanXIII
03-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Cats are loud? I can tell you every one of my neighbors that own a dog. Especially the ones with separation anxiety. Of course, I live in an apartment.

can't say i could live in an apartment with a dog. what you are dealing with could be cured by a rigorous walk before said neighbors left. the problem has more to do with pent up energy, than actual separation anxiety. problem is not everyone has it in them to walk their dog for 45 minutes before work, i know i don't. the only time my dog makes a sound is when he's playing, or someone knocks on my door, and then its only 3 or 4 barks. then he follows me to the door, just to be sure i'm safe. my roomates cat will cry if you leave it downstairs, it'll cry if you leave it upstairs. cry cry cry...

i could go on about my dislike for cats, but they do have positive qualities, i guess. they can be very cute animals.

EyePod
03-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Watch out with those ribbons. My can chewed up some old balloon ribbons that my roommate had. He was puking them up all over, and he crapped a big piece out to. We were lucky he didn't die.