PDA

View Full Version : Misc CATS????

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:26 AM
It seems the CP members have a lot of cats. I grew up on a farm, we had some cats just for mice, but this place blows my mind. I know a a lot of people, and can't think of any that have cats.

One of my sisters has one, but she lives in St. Louis and doesn't get out much, and is a doctor, so most of her time is working or classes.

Myself, I have always wondered why people have them as pets. From what I can tell they are not very smart, or loyal.

Dogs on the other hand are loyal, want to please, and seem to get their owners.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I guess I am just not a cat person.

Pablo
03-08-2009, 12:31 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-L6rEm0rnY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-L6rEm0rnY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

F*ckin cats.

Count Zarth
03-08-2009, 12:32 AM
There was a dead cat in my yard the other day.

I laughed.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:33 AM
I hate youtube posts also, that may be my next thread, DCS's posts, for the most part drive me crazy......

Saulbadguy
They are smart. They are loyal. Just like dogs. End of discussion.

Otter
1. Polls should have mutually exclusive options, you're first and second option can be highly redundant thus the results proving nothing

2. You missed the Gaz option

;)

Count Zarth
03-08-2009, 12:35 AM

Cats run from me.

Dogs come up and want to play.

Fuck cats.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:36 AM

You have not met my dog.

http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/33662/1303220255063415687S500x500Q85.jpg

DeezNutz
03-08-2009, 12:36 AM

Yep. Never understood the cat hate.

That said, I'm a dog person, primarily b/c I don't like having cat hair all over the place.

Saulbadguy
03-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Cats run from me.

Fuck cats.

Just depends on the dog, or cat. I have family members who have a basset hound who is afraid of everyone that it doesn't know. My in-laws have farm dogs that don't really care about people, they just lay around all day.

Saulbadguy
03-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Yep. Never understood the cat hate.

That said, I'm a dog person, primarily b/c I don't like having cat hair all over the place.

I understand any animal hate, to be honest. They can be a huge pain in the ass.

Dogs are generally needy, attention whores who take awhile to train not to piss or shit indoors.

Cats can be stuck up, vengeful creatures that will draw blood if provoked enough.

Fish die too easy.

Gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, etc - smell like shit.

Birds - noisy, and smell like shit.

Reptiles - emotionless, cold, callous, and scary as hell if they escape their tanks.

DeezNutz
03-08-2009, 12:40 AM
I understand any animal hate, to be honest. They can be a huge pain in the ass.

Dogs are generally needy, attention whores who take awhile to train not to piss or shit indoors.

Cats can be stuck up, vengeful creatures that will draw blood if provoked enough.

Fish die too easy.

Gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, etc - smell like shit.

Birds - noisy, and smell like shit.

Reptiles - emotionless, cold, callous, and scary as hell if they escape their tanks.

And all of these things are infinitely better than dealing with a person's bullshit.

I totally get human hate.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:43 AM
I raised a Bass to just over 2 pounds, but he got drunk at a party and was never the same. Old Fronk

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Dogs are retards. Drooling retards.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Dogs are retards. Drooling retards.

My dog doesn't drool.

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Still a retard.

Or an anomaly.

Fish
03-08-2009, 12:49 AM
This poll is drunk......

FAX
03-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Cats are good for things like testing electric chairs and the depth of sink holes and the total number of gs a cat can stand in a centrifuge.

FAX

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Still a retard.

Or an anomaly.

Ah not quite, this dog is more popular than most people. I will never have another like him.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Cats are good for things like testing electric chairs and the depth of sink holes and the total number of gs a cat can stand in a centrifuge.

FAX

:LOL:

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Ah not quite, this dog is more popular than most people. I will never have another like him.Sounds pretty anomalous.

Does it possess other unique properties, such as gills or a unicorn horn?

KCCHIEFS27
03-08-2009, 12:55 AM
I have both..the cat really likes to play with mice. Doesn't kill them, but will put them in her mouth and walk around and drop them. Then when they try to run, it swats them across the floor and runs to pick it up again. My dog is just a nutty German Shepherd who has WAY too much energy. And the funny thing is, my big German Shepherd is completely scared of the cat.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Sounds pretty anomalous.

Does it possess other unique properties, such as gills or a unicorn horn?

Well both of course

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/10049/1243439673063415687S500x500Q85.jpg

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I think you lie.

Frazod
03-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Well, you do know somebody who has cats, because I have three of them.

Cats are more independent than dogs, so they aren't much for training. But that doesn't mean they can't be loyal or affectionate. There are mean, shitty cats just like there are mean, shitty dogs. But if a cat is raised and treated correctly, it can be a great pet. Our cats are very loyal and affectionate. And while they aren't really useful for anything, they are low maintenance, and they don't bother the company. Going away for the weekend? Put out some extra food for a cat and that's all you need to do. Try that with a dog and it will shit and piss all over your house and eat the furniture. Dogs are like retarded little kids that never grow up, and much more of a pain in the ass than I want to deal with.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 01:12 AM
I think you lie.

No I don't.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Well, you do know somebody who has cats, because I have three of them.

Cats are more independent than dogs, so they aren't much for training. But that doesn't mean they can't be loyal or affectionate. There are mean, shitty cats just like there are mean, shitty dogs. But if a cat is raised and treated correctly, it can be a great pet. Our cats are very loyal and affectionate. And while they aren't really useful for anything, they are low maintenance, and they don't bother the company. Going away for the weekend? Put out some extra food for a cat and that's all you need to do. Try that with a dog and it will shit and piss all over your house and eat the furniture. Dogs are like retarded little kids that never grow up, and much more of a pain in the ass than I want to deal with.

I could leave my dog home for 2 days, he WILL NOT go to the bathroom in the house.

If he gets pissed he will take the lid off the trash can and put it by the door. I guess just to let me know he could have made a mess.

Frazod
03-08-2009, 01:21 AM
I could leave my dog home for 2 days, he WILL NOT go to the bathroom in the house.

If he gets pissed he will take the lid off the trash can and put it by the door. I guess just to let me know he could have made a mess.

Well, yours are better than most I know of. I know lots of people up here are basically slaves to their dogs. They keep huge dogs cooped up in tiny apartments in the city all day and the dogs go crazy. There's an entire industry up here dedicated to "doggie daycare." And of course, you can't just let a dog run up here - it has to be on a leash (unless you have a fenced in yard, which I don't have).

If I lived out in the country I'd have dogs. Not up here.

BWillie
03-08-2009, 01:35 AM
I actually don't understand the cat hate. I just got a cat about 2 months ago, and for the most part I'm glad I did. There are some cats, that yes, don't respond to people or want to come up and greet them. But my cat is very affectionate and every time I come up comes up to greet me. That is why people like dogs, because they are essentially dependent on humans more so than cats. Dogs will cry and whine if they do not see a human, cats will sleep and eat food and shit in the litter box. Cats are much less maintenance. If I ever went out of town for a week, I would just put a big bowl of food and water and clean the litter box. Absolutely no problems. People just don't like cats because of the stereotype, that is about it.

Rain Man
03-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Cats are the best creatures in the world. If the aliens ever invade, I'll show them a cat because no one could blow up a planet that had cats on it.

chasedude
03-08-2009, 04:53 AM
http://www.dennyswebsites.com/humor/images/free_cat.jpg

Skip Towne
03-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Cats are worthless retards. Especially Wildcats.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-08-2009, 07:08 AM
I like dogs, and have had them in my life. But I personally prefer cats because I think dogs love you because they don't know any better. You can beat a dog, and call it over with a kind voice and the dumb animal will come, tail a-waggin'.

When a cat loves you, and they can, it's because you've earned it. They trust you.

Cats have every bit the personality that dogs do, but they are independent. And that's what I like about them.

From my observations, the people that like cats like them because they're independent. The people that don't like them, it's because they're independent.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-08-2009, 07:13 AM
I didn't vote, because your poll options are idiotic.

Saulbadguy
03-08-2009, 07:49 AM
I like dogs, and have had them in my life. But I personally prefer cats because I think dogs love you because they don't know any better. You can beat a dog, and call it over with a kind voice and the dumb animal will come, tail a-waggin'.

When a cat loves you, and they can, it's because you've earned it. They trust you.

Cats have every bit the personality that dogs do, but they are independent. And that's what I like about them.

From my observations, the people that like cats like them because they're independent. The people that don't like them, it's because they're independent.
My male cat has an attitude, and sometimes he will bite or scratch me out of nowhere. He gets his ass kicked for that - but a couple minutes later he will come right back to my lap. He is kind of like a dog in that respect.

ChiefButthurt
03-08-2009, 08:27 AM

I agree Saul. We have dogs and a cat, both have their positives. The dogs like my wife, the cat likes me.

ChiefButthurt
03-08-2009, 08:29 AM

FAX

FAX, I'm surprised at your narrow mindness.

Fish
03-08-2009, 09:04 AM

:BS:

Dogs don't refrain from pissing or shitting just because they're "special" and wear party hats. If your dog doesn't piss or shit for 48 hours, then it's dehydrated and/or malnourished.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 09:39 AM
:BS:

Dogs don't refrain from pissing or shitting just because they're "special" and wear party hats. If your dog doesn't piss or shit for 48 hours, then it's dehydrated and/or malnourished.

ROFL yeah, he is malnourished. He won't, several posters on here know him well, not shitin ya.

Demonpenz
03-08-2009, 09:49 AM
sometimes retarded people are easier to love, the dude off of mice and men, forrest gump, santa clause. Reminds me of dogs

StcChief
03-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Outside mouser cats on farm are fine.

chiefsfanintx
03-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I have four cats. Each has it's own personality. My son's cat is very vocal. When my son gets home from school the cat greets him at the door and won't stop meowing until he is picked up. If his food dish is empty he won't shut up until you fill it.

stlchiefs
03-08-2009, 10:13 AM
1. Polls should have mutually exclusive options, you're first and second option can be highly redundant thus the results proving nothing

2. You missed the Gaz option

;)

Exactly. I'm not a cat person and I love dogs so both options apply to me. Where are the "options"?

sd4chiefs
03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
My wife and I have two cats and a dog. We enjoy all of them in their own special way. But if the house caught on fire and I could only save one of them I would save the dog even though he can really be a pain the ass sometimes.

P.S. Your poll sucks.

GRAP! I have to take the stupid dog for a walk now.

smittysbar
03-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Exactly. I'm not a cat person and I love dogs so both options apply to me. Where are the "options"?

Oh shit, just noticed I didn't have the right options.......thread fail!

gblowfish
03-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I have kitties. They all have their own personalities and are very loyal. They're all wonderful pets, and lots of fun.

I like dogs too, but like kitties better.

morphius
03-08-2009, 11:01 AM
For some reason this reminded me of the time I took my cat up to my folks house. My Mom grew up on a farm, and I had left to do something and they were watching my cat while I was gone. When I got home my Mom said I had a stupid cat, she kept calling,"kitty, kitty, kitty" and the cat would never come. She was used to all cats answering to that. I just shook my head and said, "Seuss, come here!" and the cat was rubbing up between my legs in seconds.

Right now we have 2 cats and a dog. The cats never ask me to be let out side, they rarely try to lick me, and they don't knock over anything with their out of control tails. One of the cats has become attached to my daughter, they sleep together and often the cat gets used as a pillow with no complaint. The other cat is a lap cat, wants to sit with you touching you at all times. He has been known to growl at the door when strangers come by, bit my wife when he thought she had hurt my son, and hissed at other people for making my son cry when he was a baby. Both cats come to their name being called, one I taught to beg.

Cats are not stupid, they are independent, if they hang around with you it is because they want to. Dogs are pack animals and feel the need to belong and are willing to do anything to do so. Most cats you can leave their food out and they will eat when they are hungry, which makes them easier to leave home alone. Most dogs eat their food as fast as they can and wouldn't leave it sitting around to leave them home long. Sure there may be a couple dogs that can not pee in the house for a couple of days, but that doesn't make it a good thing for the dog, and generally doesn't hold tru for most dogs. Our dog can last about 12 hours, but then she is in a complete fit for a couple of hours and we have to let her outside about 5 times in then next hour.

88TG88
03-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Cats like to use our laundry as a toilet.

They must die

Stewie
03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm a dog person, but I don't mind cats. My sister had an awesome, friendly cat that lived to be 20. She definitely had nine lives including getting thwacked by the attic fan when by BIL turned it on. He couldn't figure out why the fan wasn't spinning and looked up and there was Shelley's little paw hanging through the louvers. He freaked out and she was hurt, but recovered in a couple of days.

I've never understood owning other pets, though, like birds and reptiles, etc.

SNR
03-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Here's my parents' cat, Louise. I love her more than my family.

morphius
03-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Here's my parents' cat, Louise. I love her more than my family.
Looks like a big old Maine Coon, we have a runt (part) Maine Coon with the same coloring, only 9.5 lbs.

Gracie Dean
03-08-2009, 11:55 AM
We have two cats and one dog.

The dog is old and starting to leave us morning surprises on the carpet right under the picture window. UGGGGGG I will NOT replace her when she is gone

We have one 4 year old cat he is gold colored tabby and very fat that daughter adopted from a shelter. Loves to be petted all the time. Sleeps most of the day and meows most of the night

We have one black mean son of a gun who hates everyone. He is one year old and the first cat we have ever had to declaw. He is a mean cuss, but sleeps on our bed every night. Don't touch him tho...

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I am NOT an animal person. I like them, I just do not want them living with me.

morphius
03-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I have both..the cat really likes to play with mice. Doesn't kill them, but will put them in her mouth and walk around and drop them. Then when they try to run, it swats them across the floor and runs to pick it up again. My dog is just a nutty German Shepherd who has WAY too much energy. And the funny thing is, my big German Shepherd is completely scared of the cat.
I have had one dog run from my 9.5 lbs cat, 1 watched actually bow its head in submission and the Lab we have now gives him the right away. I still shake my head a bit when I see the small cat sleeping on the labs head and the dog just taking it.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 12:05 PM
My GFs parents had a small fire in their home 16 days ago. We took in their pets for this time. They just went back friday. 2 of the worst weeks ever. They have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Yep. We had all five. A month ago we spent $1500 on a sectional and a chair. They are covered with hair. Dog hair. FUCK! Plus, the one dog, its a Lab/poodle mix(ugly fucking mutt)barks at everything. The silver lining to this is we get $300 for pet care from their insurance company.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
And all of these things are infinitely better than dealing with a person's bullshit.

I totally get human hate.Not. Even. Close. I'd MUCH rather deal with people. People usually shut the fuck up when you tell them too. Plus, people will use the toilet on their own. And feed themselves. To me, animals are a nuisance.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Dogs are retards. Drooling retards.LMAO

Earthling
03-08-2009, 12:22 PM
We have both dogs and cats at our house. I guess I like them both equally but the Vet bills are a LOT higher for the dog who is 135 lb. border collie, golden retriever mix with a thyroid problem.

Delano
03-08-2009, 12:23 PM
My GFs parents had a small fire in their home 16 days ago. We took in their pets for this time. They just went back friday. 2 of the worst weeks ever. They have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Yep. We had all five. A month ago we spent $1500 on a sectional and a chair. They are covered with hair. Dog hair. FUCK! Plus, the one dog, its a Lab/poodle mix(ugly fucking mutt)barks at everything. The silver lining to this is we get $300 for pet care from their insurance company.

Labradoodles are awesome!
http://www.adelaidelabradoodles.org/images/dogs/Australian-Labradoodle---He.jpg

SNR
03-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Looks like a big old Maine Coon, we have a runt (part) Maine Coon with the same coloring, only 9.5 lbs.Big is right. She weighs in at 14 lbs. The funny thing is that she's extremely energetic and doesn't appear to be that overweight. We really don't feed her that much, only a cup of dry food per day.

The worst part is she doesn't even have a tail. Got her from the animal shelter about 5 years ago and they just said, "owners just brought her in like this". She has a stub, so we're thinking she DID have a tail at one point, which is sad news if something bad happened to her. They said it's possible she could have just had a deformed tail when she was born, and the vets would have to amputate it. I hope it's that.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Big is right. She weighs in at 14 lbs. The funny thing is that she's extremely energetic and doesn't appear to be that overweight. We really don't feed her that much, only a cup of dry food per day.

The worst part is she doesn't even have a tail. Got her from the animal shelter about 5 years ago and they just said, "owners just brought her in like this". She has a stub, so we're thinking she DID have a tail at one point, which is sad news if something bad happened to her. They said it's possible she could have just had a deformed tail when she was born, and the vets would have to amputate it. I hope it's that.
We had a cat like that and thought it's been bobbed or caught in a lawn mower. Until she had a litter, and one of the cats had no tail at all. Turns out, momma cat had some manx in her. Her tail was naturally like that.

Stewie
03-08-2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.adelaidelabradoodles.org/images/dogs/Australian-Labradoodle---He.jpg

They are cool looking. I've only seen pics (Tiger Wood's family has one). Do they have the non-shedding traits of the poodle, or is that hit or miss?

DeezNutz
03-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Not. Even. Close. I'd MUCH rather deal with people. People usually shut the **** up when you tell them too. Plus, people will use the toilet on their own. And feed themselves. To me, animals are a nuisance.

I feel the same way about most people when I hear them talk.

Providing basic care for animals doesn't bother me. Putting up with bullshit from people bothers me a great deal, however.

Delano
03-08-2009, 01:13 PM
They are cool looking. I've only seen pics (Tiger Wood's family has one). Do they have the non-shedding traits of the poodle, or is that hit or miss?

The coat traits are all over.

Fleece, wool, wiry, wavy coats. The curlier the coat, the less they shed.

Ari Chi3fs
03-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I love my cat INFINITELY more than my idiot dog.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-08-2009, 03:22 PM
ferrets, etc - smell like shit.

They've been de-stinking ferrets for a long time. They don't stink anymore if you buy one from a pet store. I'll bet you my ferret stinks less than your dog or cat. He's the best pet I've ever had and the easiest to take care of. Certainly the most entertaining.

As far as dogs and cats go..... cats = cool, independant, largely self sufficient, sweet and cuddly, non ass pain causing.... dogs = stupid, pain in the ass, annoying, way too needy, eat other animals shit, did I mention annoying and stupid?

I don't dislike all dogs. I know a few I actually like. But I'll never own one again.

And btw... the poll doesn't even make sense.

DeezNutz
03-08-2009, 03:28 PM
The right type of dog is far from stupid. Some breeds will really surprise with what they're capable of.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
The right type of dog is far from stupid. Some breeds will really surprise with what they're capable of.

I know that but I'll never find out because the incredible annoyance factor of needing my attention all the damn time and the constant licking, as well as the fact that a dogs bark goes right to the center of my brain violently... I just can't have one. I've had them and I know I'm done. Dogs are great when they belong to other people.

DeezNutz
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I know that but I'll never find out because the incredible annoyance factor of needing my attention all the damn time and the constant licking, as well as the fact that a dogs bark goes right to the center of my brain violently... I just can't have one. I've had them and I know I'm done. Dogs are great when they belong to other people.

I hear you.

Not all things are for all people.

Iowanian
03-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Cats are great for a barn, thats about it for me, but I guess I can see why old widows might want one to pet.

I think its pretty cruel to keep a dog couped up, in an apartment, house or small kennel. When I move back to a farm, I'll probably end up with an outside dog to kill oppossums and bark at stuff.

If you have house pets, there is pet hair and fumunda on everthing, if you can see it or not, and your house most likely smells like moldy ass to people who don't live there.

No, visitors don't think its cute when your dog/cat jump up on or lick us.

While I'm at it....What is it with "house pet people" who think nothing of bringing their house dogs/cats into a non-pet home? Thanksgiving dinner, 40 people in a house...and you want to bring your dog inside to piss on grandma's carpet? Think about it.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Cats are great for a barn, thats about it for me, but I guess I can see why old widows might want one to pet.

If you have house pets, there is pet hair and fumunda on everthing, if you can see it or not, and your house most likely smells like moldy ass to people who don't live there.

No, visitors don't think its cute when your dog/cat jump up on or lick us.

That's not true. There might be hair on everything, but if you keep a clean house and a clean litter box, it doesn't stink.

Iowanian
03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
If you have pets, non-pet people can smell it when they walk in the house. It may not be an obnoxious cat-shit smell, but animals have an odor. I'd call it "musty".

Home-pet people are probably as used to that as say, a smoker who doesn't think their house smells like smoke.

I say this as a former owner of an oft-washed, well trained indoor lab, named by chiefsplanet poll, now running free on a farm.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I prefer dogs.

However, our current lifestyle (and distinct lack of a back yard) is not what <b>I</b> consider dog friendly. Hence, we have cats, four of them to be exact ranging in age from 13 years old to 2 years old. We get rescued animals when we get new ones.

Delano
03-08-2009, 04:49 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5WKj0JGCZ7M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5WKj0JGCZ7M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sam Hall
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm a cat person. I think it's because they're smaller than dogs and make less noise. Dogs seem like a bigger hassle.

Darth CarlSatan
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I hate youtube posts also, that may be my next thread, DCS's posts, for the most part drive me crazy......

Suck a butt:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Ocre0kXgvg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Ocre0kXgvg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Zarth
03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
What retard thought mixing snoop with martha was a good idea?

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.adelaidelabradoodles.org/images/dogs/Australian-Labradoodle---He.jpgI fucking HATE them. Its the Poodle part that I loathe.

Phobia
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I prefer dogs.

However, our current lifestyle (and distinct lack of a back yard) is not what <b>I</b> consider dog friendly. Hence, we have cats, four of them to be exact ranging in age from 13 years old to 2 years old. We get rescued animals when we get new ones.

I never really took you for a crazy cat lady.

Darth CarlSatan
03-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I fucking HATE them. Its the Poodle part that I loathe.

I share the Dr. Cox take when it comes to the labradoodle. And I don't like dogs who hide their beady little eyes behind curly dog-fur; ya' just can't trust 'em I tell's 'ya!

beavis
03-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I never understood why anyone would let an animal inside. If animals were supposed to be inside, they'd build their own house.

luv
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
My cat snores, and she's a bedhog.

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I never understood why anyone would let an animal inside. If animals were supposed to be inside, they'd build their own house.
LMAO

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
My GFs sister said that animals deserve the same rights as humans. LMAO

StcChief
03-08-2009, 09:53 PM
My GFs sister said that animals deserve the same rights as humans. LMAOyes. those tax paying dogs and cat need every opportunity in Obama's PC America

j-rob
03-08-2009, 10:11 PM
a good cat is a dead one

Phobia
03-08-2009, 10:17 PM
a good cat is a dead one

I was gonna say fried but okay.

Psyko Tek
03-08-2009, 10:58 PM
why do we know these people have cats?

because they tell us

why do they tell us?

so we know they have cats
some get a superior feeling from having cats that the rest of us could not possibly understand

If i want an animal that lays around the house does nothing but eat shit and ignore me
I'll get another teenager

Darth CarlSatan
03-08-2009, 11:05 PM
why do we know these people have cats?

because they tell us

why do they tell us?

so we know they have cats
some get a superior feeling from having cats that the rest of us could not possibly understand

If i want an animal that lays around the house does nothing but eat shit and ignore me
I'll get another teenager

I've never known a cat to eat shit. Dogs? Yes. Cats? No.

Not all cat's suck. I had a huge black tomcat that I trained to use the john instead of a litter box, and who would, on command, jump up on my shoulder and stay there/ride around like a parrot.

Jenson71
03-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I like cats, but they aren't as fun as dogs.

Phobia
03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I've never known a cat to eat shit. Dogs? Yes. Cats? No.

Not all cat's suck. I had a huge black tomcat that I trained to use the john instead of a litter box, and who would, on command, jump up on my shoulder and stay there/ride around like a parrot.

That sounds freakishly insane. I'd be impressed with a cat who would run out into traffic, on command.

MadMax
03-09-2009, 12:49 AM
a good cat is a dead one

You seem awful proud of yourself there skippy ;) Late night sneaky Uncle?

MadMax
03-09-2009, 12:53 AM

Butthead misses you!:thumb:

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 01:05 AM
You seem awful proud of yourself there skippy ;) Late night sneaky Uncle?

LMAO I figured you'd weigh in at some point. Thing is, most of these guys are just talking to talk. If anyone hurt MY pets, they'd better do an outstanding job of making damn sure I couldn't pinpoint them.

In most cases, humans mean less to me overall.

MadMax
03-09-2009, 01:11 AM
LMAO I figured you'd weigh in at some point. Thing is, most of these guys are just talking to talk. If anyone hurt MY pets, they'd better do an outstanding job of making damn sure I couldn't pinpoint them.

In most cases, humans mean less to me overall.

I promised myself I would not even look at this thread :(

MadMax
03-09-2009, 01:16 AM

I don't have any problem with people who dont like cats but there is no need to be mean or assholeish about it. Just fuck your pigs on your farm and and your peanut butter in your jars lol and move along. I happen to think they are awesome creatures.

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 01:25 AM

LMAO Meh. I think most guys associate cats with their bitchy ex girlfriends. Every solid person I've ever known( in most cases )has had dogs AND cats; they just serve different psychological needs.

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't have any problem with people who dont like cats but there is no need to be mean or assholeish about it. Just fuck your pigs on your farm and and your peanut butter in your jars lol and move along. I happen to think they are awesome creatures.

I think it's fun when you can actually train them to do something cool. It's a LOT harder than training a dog, but the end result is much more spectacular.

I had one cat that would actually "fetch". They love empty cigarette packs for the noise the cellophane creates, and they like the smell of the leftover tobacco.

I'd crinkle one up and throw it across the room or down the stairs, and he'd go after it. I always made it a point to NOT go pick it up around him; I didn't want him to see me going after it. But it was a daily thing, and he got so in to it, that I'd come home and find the "toy" on my couch.
We did the song and dance for a while, but his pride gave in eventually, and he'd just bring it right back to me after each throw or until he got bored.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 04:03 AM

Bull ****ing shit.

And the whole argument that Cats "are just as smart, or perhaps smarter than dogs because they are more independent and do what they want as opposed to what their owners want them to do" won't cut it as an answer. Thats just a nice way of saying, my cat's ****ing retarded and won't come to me when I ask it to.

Out of maybe the hundreds of cats I have been around, maybe a handful have come to me on command, the others just act like they don't even know or care to see that you're in the same room. And given the sample size, I cant really say that this is just a coincidence.

For the most part you can't train a cat to do tricks, and if you can you've probably learned that it was nearly impossible to do so. Shake, lay down, speak, roll over, etc. I have yet to see a cat that can do these things on command. Now if you're the crowd that doesnt wanna spend the time effort and energy training a dog to do these things, then a cat may be for you. Cat lovers will question "Well why would you want your pet to do that anyways, thats just stupid." Translation: Cats can't do this or maybe about 1% of cats can while about 90%+ of dogs can do this, and I'm not ready to accept this as a fact.

Dogs have a better sense of whats going on around them, what kinda mood people are in etc. Cats just wonder off and dont give a shit to be honest. Someone could get hurt in the woods or could see that maybe a little kid is drowning, and a smart dog, would know the situation and may go and try to get help, may even try to swim after the person in trouble. There have been stories like this, hundreds of them. You never hear anything about a cat doing this.

If you have time to train and take care of a dog, they are by far better pets for families, the only down part is the time and effort you have to have to train them. If you're a lazy ass or if you're too busy with work and you're single with no kids, then a dog may not be for you, a cat in this case may be better as you can just fill up a litter box and go about your day.

The fact that a cat uses a litter box and dogs have to go outside is really the only plus I see Cats have over dogs, but thats only if you're single with no kids and have a busy job that takes up most of your time.

Just overall, I think dogs are more suited for interaction with people, as cats just usually care more about themselves and nothing else. I dont think theres no argument to the fact that you can do more with a dog than you can with a cat. You cant take a cat hunting, fishing boating, on vacation, camping, swimming, like you could with a dog, and yes granted you have to have the right kinda dog. Sometimes you can overcome some dog's long history of genetic inabilities. My family got a standard sized Schnauzer when we put the in-ground pool in the back yard because my dad wanted a dog that didnt like the water, he didn't want a dog in the pool..............at first. By the time the dog was about 1 1/2 or 2 we had him in the pool because we were always outside and having fun and the dog wanted to be around us having fun. Then it got to the point where he loved the pool, understood that it was a major plus for him in the summer heat as he could just take a quick dip on his own (many time you could look outside seeing him swimming alone, prob taking a dip because he was hot.)

Then we got to the point where we could tell him to jump in the pool on command. At this point the dog didn't seem to mind as he loved the pool at this point.....then we took the next step which was a neighborhood favorite with me and my friends etc and taught him how to get onto the diving board on command and jump in. He lived to be 16 yrs old. Couldnt name a more fun dog to be around in the summertime.

Situations like this, it's better to have a dog, you can have long lasting memories about a dog like that. I was around a lot to train with him, play and keep him company, letting him out etc. My dad worked from 3pm to 2pm the next day as he used to work for Amtrak on the KC to STL route. By the time my dad left for work, my mom would get off around 5, and during school I would get off around 4 and then 330 and then 230 as I got older, so the dog was really only alone for a few hrs at a time, my mom would almost always come home from work for lunch.

EyePod
03-09-2009, 05:40 AM
I love not having to walk my fucking cat. So for you dog lovers, next time you are picking up their shit with a ziploc baggie, think of my girlfriend scooping our cat's poop out of a litterbox. Oh, and if it's raining, it's even funnier on my side.

Skip Towne
03-09-2009, 05:53 AM
I love not having to walk my fucking cat. So for you dog lovers, next time you are picking up their shit with a ziploc baggie, think of my girlfriend scooping our cat's poop out of a litterbox. Oh, and if it's raining, it's even funnier on my side.

I always think of Hamas Jenkins when I'm pooper scooping.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Bull ****ing shit.

And the whole argument that Cats "are just as smart, or perhaps smarter than dogs because they are more independent and do what they want as opposed to what their owners want them to do" won't cut it as an answer. Thats just a nice way of saying, my cat's ****ing retarded and won't come to me when I ask it to.

Out of maybe the hundreds of cats I have been around, maybe a handful have come to me on command, the others just act like they don't even know or care to see that you're in the same room. And given the sample size, I cant really say that this is just a coincidence.

For the most part you can't train a cat to do tricks, and if you can you've probably learned that it was nearly impossible to do so. Shake, lay down, speak, roll over, etc. I have yet to see a cat that can do these things on command. Now if you're the crowd that doesnt wanna spend the time effort and energy training a dog to do these things, then a cat may be for you. Cat lovers will question "Well why would you want your pet to do that anyways, thats just stupid." Translation: Cats can't do this or maybe about 1% of cats can while about 90%+ of dogs can do this, and I'm not ready to accept this as a fact.

Dogs have a better sense of whats going on around them, what kinda mood people are in etc. Cats just wonder off and dont give a shit to be honest. Someone could get hurt in the woods or could see that maybe a little kid is drowning, and a smart dog, would know the situation and may go and try to get help, may even try to swim after the person in trouble. There have been stories like this, hundreds of them. You never hear anything about a cat doing this.

If you have time to train and take care of a dog, they are by far better pets for families, the only down part is the time and effort you have to have to train them. If you're a lazy ass or if you're too busy with work and you're single with no kids, then a dog may not be for you, a cat in this case may be better as you can just fill up a litter box and go about your day.

The fact that a cat uses a litter box and dogs have to go outside is really the only plus I see Cats have over dogs, but thats only if you're single with no kids and have a busy job that takes up most of your time.

Just overall, I think dogs are more suited for interaction with people, as cats just usually care more about themselves and nothing else. I dont think theres no argument to the fact that you can do more with a dog than you can with a cat. You cant take a cat hunting, fishing boating, on vacation, camping, swimming, like you could with a dog, and yes granted you have to have the right kinda dog. Sometimes you can overcome some dog's long history of genetic inabilities. My family got a standard sized Schnauzer when we put the in-ground pool in the back yard because my dad wanted a dog that didnt like the water, he didn't want a dog in the pool..............at first. By the time the dog was about 1 1/2 or 2 we had him in the pool because we were always outside and having fun and the dog wanted to be around us having fun. Then it got to the point where he loved the pool, understood that it was a major plus for him in the summer heat as he could just take a quick dip on his own (many time you could look outside seeing him swimming alone, prob taking a dip because he was hot.)

Then we got to the point where we could tell him to jump in the pool on command. At this point the dog didn't seem to mind as he loved the pool at this point.....then we took the next step which was a neighborhood favorite with me and my friends etc and taught him how to get onto the diving board on command and jump in. He lived to be 16 yrs old. Couldnt name a more fun dog to be around in the summertime.

Situations like this, it's better to have a dog, you can have long lasting memories about a dog like that. I was around a lot to train with him, play and keep him company, letting him out etc. My dad worked from 3pm to 2pm the next day as he used to work for Amtrak on the KC to STL route. By the time my dad left for work, my mom would get off around 5, and during school I would get off around 4 and then 330 and then 230 as I got older, so the dog was really only alone for a few hrs at a time, my mom would almost always come home from work for lunch.

There you have it, folks. Cats are better than dogs.

Iowanian
03-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I know a crazy cat lady. Built a big ass house based on the needs of her 50 cats. Yes..fiddy cats, in the house. Half million dollar house with rooms with climbing carpet trees and whatnot. If you're unconcious, if she walked by, you could use that for smelling salts.

I'll never have a pet in the house(again) but I can understand why people do. I will however NEVER understand letting pets in your bed.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Bull ****ing shit.

Your and idiot. Clearly, you've not lived with a cat. Or if you did, you were predisposed to your way of thinking.

I've had a number of cats that would greet me at the door, meow when they wanted attention, absolutely knew when I didn't feel good and wanted to help... just Saturday night I left the screen door open while I was grilling and the smell of smoke had her meowing loudly, letting me know that something was amiss. I've had cats that knew their names and would come when called (if they wanted to)... and like all cats, they will come just outside of arm's reach. Because you should have to do a little work, too.

suds79
03-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm convinced my theory has some legs to it.

Cat be people obviously like cats and sometimes like dogs to.

Dog people have some built up anger issues :p. They can't stand cats and always jump at the opportunity to point out how useless they are. It seems impossible for them to just like dogs and just be happy with that.

morphius
03-09-2009, 08:51 AM

Dog people have some built up anger issues :p. They can't stand cats and always jump at the opportunity to point out how useless they are. It seems impossible for them to just like dogs and just be happy with that.
There are a lot of dog guys that like have something be subordinate to them, follow them around, and generally feel the need to be the alpha male. Not all of them are that way of course.

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Your and idiot. Clearly, you've not lived with a cat. Or if you did, you were predisposed to your way of thinking.

I've had a number of cats that would greet me at the door, meow when they wanted attention, absolutely knew when I didn't feel good and wanted to help... just Saturday night I left the screen door open while I was grilling and the smell of smoke had her meowing loudly, letting me know that something was amiss. I've had cats that knew their names and would come when called (if they wanted to)... and like all cats, they will come just outside of arm's reach. Because you should have to do a little work, too.

No shit. That was thee DUMBEST manifesto I've read in a long, long time.

Phobia
03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I'll never have a pet in the house(again) but I can understand why people do. I will however NEVER understand letting pets in your bed.
We have a tiny dog that does not shed, is not destructive, and doesn't yip 24/7. He's a house dog. I wouldn't have a lab in the house again unless he were restricted to a small area such as a mud-room or foyer.

I've never understood pets in the bed either. Beds are for two things. If your animal is in your bed with you and you're not sleeping then we've got trouble right here in River City.

SNR
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Bull ****ing shit.

.Come on, CoMoChief! Come on! You can find me in Grand Forks, ND. Just look me up in the phone book when you get here.

Come on! You can do it! Pay Uncle SNR a visit! Come on!

Oh, you're not going to come to me? God, you're retarded.

Phobia
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM

I'm happy with it. I also like a cat. I might like more cats. But it takes a special cat for me to connect. Just because I don't like cats doesn't mean I kick them. They're just not my favorite pet.

I should be more sensitive to my special friends who own cats though.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM

The whole "But my cat comes to me" haha I dont buy it one bit.

Cats are horrible animals and make great target practice.

nstygma
03-09-2009, 09:45 AM
i have multiple dogs and cats but have a huge yard with woods... anyway, this video is pretty funny. i wish i could train my cats to do stuff like this. all they do now is kill moles which, i'm thankful for
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37100620

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 09:52 AM

You. Now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-iuIArton4

Hydrae
03-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Cats run from me.

**** cats.

Exhibit one for the intelligence of cats. :D

Frazod
03-09-2009, 10:28 AM

Cats are very perceptive and good judges of character.

If cats don't tend to like you, perhaps it's because you're a fucking asshole.

Of course, it doesn't take a great deal of perceptive ability to figure that out.

morphius
03-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Both my cats come when their names are called, always have.

Fish
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM

If cats don't tend to like you, perhaps it's because you're a ****ing asshole.

Of course, it doesn't take a great deal of perceptive ability to figure that out.

This post is full of truth.

luv
03-09-2009, 10:34 AM

My cat does the exact same things. When I've got something on the stove or is burning in the oven, she whines really loud. She's better than my smoke detector. My cat definitely knows her name, and often comes to me when I say it.

Katipan
03-09-2009, 10:42 AM
They're (cats) too independent. I like interactive animals. But not with fluffy balls and jingly things and feathers. Cats are sweet and cute and cuddly but I like them at other people's houses alot better.

Phobia
03-09-2009, 10:45 AM
My cat does the exact same things. When I've got something on the stove or is burning in the oven, she whines really loud. She's better than my smoke detector. My cat definitely knows her name, and often comes to me when I say it.

Your cat monitors your cooking closely because presumably you feed the thing like a large child. I don't think I've ever seen a 50 lbs cat before.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-09-2009, 11:01 AM

I reiterate, this time slower, and with feeling.

Your.

And.

Iiiii-deeeee-uuuuuuhhht.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 11:02 AM

My old roomate had a cat that lived with us. It was nice and it would come up next to you.....if it wanted to........the cat was dumber than fucking shit though, just like rest of the 99% cat population.

Dogs are smarter than cats and have a better sense of whats going around them. Theres a reason why dogs are trained to do specific tasks to help people, while cats aren't trained to do shit to help people because you can't train them to do anything.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
My old roomate had a cat that lived with us. It was nice and it would come up next to you.....if it wanted to........the cat was dumber than ****ing shit though, just like rest of the 99% cat population.

Dogs are smarter than cats and have a better sense of whats going around them. Theres a reason why dogs are trained to do specific tasks to help people, while cats aren't trained to do shit to help people because you can't train them to do anything.

Iiiii-deeeee-uuuuuuhhht.

Fish
03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
My old roomate had a cat that lived with us. It was nice and it would come up next to you.....if it wanted to........the cat was dumber than ****ing shit though, just like rest of the 99% cat population.

Your and idiot.

Obedience and trainability aren't considered reliable measures of intelligence.

luv
03-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Your cat monitors your cooking closely because presumably you feed the thing like a large child. I don't think I've ever seen a 50 lbs cat before.

The only thing I feed my cat that I cook is some salmon. She's actually losing weight.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Your and idiot.

True. Even among dogs, it's widely acknowledged that the smarter the dog the harder it is to train.

smittysbar
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
True. Even among dogs, it's widely acknowledged that the smarter the dog the harder it is to train.

I have trained dogs, had one of the best drug dogs around, and IMO this is total BS. JMO though, but nothing would make me think different, dumb dogs are a pain in the ass, and usually never get it.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Let's be honest, we aren't training dogs or cats do do anything. We are conditioning a response out of them.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Let's be honest, we aren't training dogs or cats do do anything. We are conditioning a response out of them.

Yep. It's Pavlovian.

My dog would sit if he saw a treat. If I didn't give it to him immediately, he'd stand up and sit again.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Your and idiot.

really? please explain......

luv
03-09-2009, 11:39 AM

There are a lot of disobedient smart people.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2009, 11:39 AM

You can train a kitten to shit in a litter box within a few hours. It can take weeks to train a dog to shit outside.

It takes years to train a human to shit in a toilet. Even longer to get them to wipe on their own.

Just sayin.

smittysbar
03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Yep. It's Pavlovian.

My dog would sit if he saw a treat. If I didn't give it to him immediately, he'd stand up and sit again.

Thats why treat training is dumb, which most good trainers would tell you

The Chief
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I wont let a cat in my house simply because they shit in a box. After they are done the walk all over your furiture and spread shit every where. My mastiff leaves the yard to shit so I dont have to worry about stepping in it. He has never once had an accident in the house and I dont have to clean out a box. Dog win IMO.

SNR
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I wont let a cat in my house simply because they shit in a box. After they are done the walk all over your furiture and spread shit every where. My mastiff leaves the yard to shit so I dont have to worry about stepping in it. He has never once had an accident in the house and I dont have to clean out a box. Dog win IMO.Uhhh... so your dog shits in a yard? In dirt? And cats shit in a box with litter?

And you let your dog in the house? Without pants on?

It seems that both cats and dogs will be equally unsanitary if you view this as a problem.

The Chief
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
No my dog leaves the yard to shit, a cat shits in a box in your house then tracks the litter all over the house.

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 12:20 PM

If cats don't tend to like you, perhaps it's because you're a fucking asshole.

WORD!

Fish
03-09-2009, 12:21 PM

It's already been explained to a degree, you just missed it.

Trainability is all about repetition. It's about remembering to do the same thing over and over. And remembering is quite different than intelligence. You can memorize the text of every encyclopedia possible and it will not help you on an IQ(intelligence) test. In the dog's eyes, it's about nothing more than "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me", "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me again" "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me again". Continued until that behavior is remembered. You can teach a dog a command but you can't make him understand why he's doing it, which is the big difference. That's why you can give your dog a command and see results, but someone else can give the dog the exact same command in the exact same situation and it's completely ignored. Because the dog doesn't actually "know" the command, it simply remembers the behavior patterns that you specifically have repeated over and over. Just about any animal is capable of doing this, whether they choose to exhibit it or not.

The dog isn't solving a problem. It's doing very little independent thinking other than remembering a pattern. It's Pavlovian. The dog does not have the ability to apply that knowledge to anything else, which would actually indicate intelligence.

Dolphins are quite trainable. Sharks are not. Does that mean sharks are stupid? No, of course not. Sharks have proven through experiments to be very intelligent and resourceful problem-solving creatures. They just don't take to repetitive training.

DeezNutz
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM

Not true at all.

Some of the most intelligent breeds, German Shepherds, Aussies, Border Collies, all highly and easily trainable.

And these are breeds that are known for their ability to problem solve and act independently when needed. Part of their herding heritage. So this isn't a case of treat/reward.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
You can train a kitten to shit in a litter box within a few hours. It can take weeks to train a dog to shit outside.

It takes years to train a human to shit in a toilet. Even longer to get them to wipe on their own.

Just sayin.

Like I said before in my original post is that litter box training is about the only positive there is over a dog, and thats not even talking about the mess cats make with their litter box and tracking it all over the house, furniture, counter tops, etc and other places where people are commonly around.

That doesn't however say anything about a cats intelligence being superior to that of a dogs.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Trainability is all about repetition. It's about remembering to do the same thing over and over. And remembering is quite different than intelligence. You can memorize the text of every encyclopedia possible and it will not help you on an IQ(intelligence) test. In the dog's eyes, it's about nothing more than "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me", "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me again" "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me again". Continued until that behavior is remembered. You can teach a dog a command but you can't make him understand why he's doing it, which is the big difference. That's why you can give your dog a command and see results, but someone else can give the dog the exact same command in the exact same situation and it's completely ignored. Because the dog doesn't actually "know" the command, it simply remembers the behavior patterns that you specifically have repeated over and over. Just about any animal is capable of doing this, whether they choose to exhibit it or not.

The dog isn't solving a problem. It's doing very little independent thinking other than remembering a pattern. It's Pavlovian. The dog does not have the ability to apply that knowledge to anything else, which would actually indicate intelligence.

Dolphins are quite trainable. Sharks are not. Does that mean sharks are stupid? No, of course not. Sharks have proven through experiments to be very intelligent and resourceful problem-solving creatures. They just don't take to repetitive training.

Not once in this post did you ever make an argument for a cats intelligence.

DeezNutz
03-09-2009, 12:38 PM

Of course he did. It's implicit in the statement that trainability is not necessarily an indicator of intelligence.

Fish
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM

Again.... your and idiot....

You came to this thread with a long unintelligent post about how all cats were stupid, and dogs were smarter because you can train them. You used the example of a cat not coming to you when called as reasoning for a cat being less intelligent than a dog. If you can't make the connection between that and my post above, then I don't know what I can do for you...

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Again.... your and idiot....

You came to this thread with a long unintelligent post about how all cats were stupid, and dogs were smarter because you can train them. You used the example of a cat not coming to you when called as reasoning for a cat being less intelligent than a dog. If you can't make the connection between that and my post above, then I don't know what I can do for you...

Whats your argument for a cat having superior intelligence over a dog? still havent answered that.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Whats your argument for a cat having superior intelligence over a dog? still havent answered that.

They are both pretty stupid animals. They lick each other, and eat their own vomit.

Radar Chief
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM

Trainability is all about repetition. It's about remembering to do the same thing over and over. And remembering is quite different than intelligence. You can memorize the text of every encyclopedia possible and it will not help you on an IQ(intelligence) test. In the dog's eyes, it's about nothing more than "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me", "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me again" "Hey look, if I put my butt on the ground, this human smiles and pets me again". Continued until that behavior is remembered. You can teach a dog a command but you can't make him understand why he's doing it, which is the big difference. That's why you can give your dog a command and see results, but someone else can give the dog the exact same command in the exact same situation and it's completely ignored. Because the dog doesn't actually "know" the command, it simply remembers the behavior patterns that you specifically have repeated over and over.

At least one reason a dog will ignore a command from someone other than it’s master is because that other person isn’t necessarily part of the dogs pack.
Do you just walk up to someone’s dog and say “sit” then think “that dog is an idiot” when it gives you a “who the hell are you” look?

Bad example, sharks are pretty stupid. They work almost entirely on instinct and have shown little to no ability to learn from experience that I’ve ever heard, read, of.

Inspector
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
My cat can spell bigger words than my dog.

Stupid dog!

Inspector
03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
My dog told me Timmy was stuck in a cave by a stream.

Then I realized, I don't even know anyone named Timmy.

Stupid dog.

Radar Chief
03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
My cat can spell bigger words than my dog.

Stupid dog!

What if, uh, C-A-T really spelled dog?

;)

Frazod
03-09-2009, 01:11 PM
They are both pretty stupid animals. They lick each other, and eat their own vomit.

I wish my cats ate their vomit; would save the trouble of cleaning it up.

DeezNutz
03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
At least one reason a dog will ignore a command from someone other than it’s master is because that other person isn’t necessarily part of the dogs pack.
Do you just walk up to someone’s dog and say “sit” then think “that dog is an idiot” when it gives you a “who the hell are you” look?

Great point about the pack mentality of the animal.

And the fact that some breeds are more apt to assume the alpha dog role also complicates their perceived trainability.

"You fucking sit, buddy. I'm in charge here." /dog/

Fish
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM

I never stated that a cat has superior intelligence. I'm merely pointing out that your argument for why a dog has superior intelligence is idiotic.

I believe that there is a wide degree of intelligence variation in both species. There are intelligent dogs as well as intelligent cats, and there are dumb dogs and cats too. Some dogs are smarter than some cats. Some cats are smarter than some dogs. It's not black and white. It's completely silly for someone to say that they once saw a dog play dead, but have never seen a cat do so, and use that as proof that dogs in general are smarter than cats.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM

Just don't feed them until the next morning. They will get hungry enough where they will eat it. :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
03-09-2009, 01:19 PM

I'm starting to rethink my opinion of who the dumbest poster on this message board is, honestly...

morphius
03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
That is why you have one of each a dog is willing to eat trash, shit and even other animals puke.

Fish
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM

Ask most guys if their dog listens to their wife or kids as well when using commands.

Bad example, sharks are pretty stupid. They work almost entirely on instinct and have shown little to no ability to learn from experience that I’ve ever heard, read, of.

Sharks are certainly not stupid. You're misinformed.
Shark intelligence

Contrary to the common myth that sharks are instinct-driven "eating machines", recent studies have indicated that many species possess powerful problem-solving skills, social complexity and curiosity. The brain-mass-to-body-mass ratios of sharks are similar to those of mammals and other higher vertebrate species.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-34">[35] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark#cite_note-34)</sup> In 1987, near Smitswinkle Bay, South Africa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa), a group of up to seven great white sharks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_white_shark) worked together to relocate the partially beached body of a dead whale to deeper waters to feed.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-35">[36] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark#cite_note-35)</sup> Sharks have even been known to engage in playful activities (a trait also observed in cetaceans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetaceans) and primates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primates)). Porbeagle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porbeagle) sharks have been seen repeatedly rolling in kelp and have even been observed chasing an individual trailing a piece behind them.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-36">[37] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark#cite_note-36)</sup>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark

http://www.zandavisitor.com/newsarticle-735-Mote_Marine_Aquarium%27s_Efforts_to_Train_and_Evaluate_Shark_Intelligence

http://mfile.akamai.com/34/wma/covery.download.akamai.com/34/dcol/animal_planet/2002/0601/shark_guy002.asx?obj=aprlrbsukv001

DeezNutz
03-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Ask most guys if their dog listens to their wife or kids as well when using commands.

Family is part of the pack. Even within this structure, there's usually a pretty clear hierarchy.

This assumes we're not talking about a (literally) stupid breed.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=KC Fish;5568230]I never stated that a cat has superior intelligence.QUOTE]

Ok, so you agree with me then.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm starting to rethink my opinion of who the dumbest poster on this message board is, honestly...

This coming from you means absolutely nothing to me.......seriously.

smittysbar
03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Just don't feed them until the next morning. They will get hungry enough where they will eat it. :hmmm:

yuk

Fish
03-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Ok, so you agree with me then.

No, I disagree with you.

And this response has lead me to believe that most dogs and cats are likely more intelligent than you are.

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 01:55 PM
No, I disagree with you.

And this response has lead me to believe that most dogs and cats are likely more intelligent than you are.

A Fuckin-Men.

Radar Chief
03-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Don’t have to, I have a case study in my own home.
Rhetta the Jeep dog will listen to Mrs. Radar just fine but completely ignores MiniRadar. That has more to do with “pecking order” within our “pack” than her inability to recognize the same command from other people.

Sharks are certainly not stupid. You're misinformed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark

http://www.zandavisitor.com/newsarticle-735-Mote_Marine_Aquarium%27s_Efforts_to_Train_and_Evaluate_Shark_Intelligence

http://mfile.akamai.com/34/wma/covery.download.akamai.com/34/dcol/animal_planet/2002/0601/shark_guy002.asx?obj=aprlrbsukv001

:hmmm: Somewhat interesting anecdotal evidence. I’ll have to read your links when I have more time.

MIAdragon
03-09-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/25852281.html

LMAO

joesomebody
03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I much prefer dogs. My golden retriever is pretty much the definition of awesome. Yes it sucks training a new puppy, but once you have that done you have a friend for life.

Nice days, my dog stays in my fenced in back yard while I'm at school. Shitty days, I just leave him in my bedroom where he can look out the window. He doesn't tear shit up, he never has accidents in the house, and he always comes to me and follows basic commands. I am not a dog training extraordinaire, so my dog doesn't fetch me beers from the fridge or anything amazing, but the basics he does without fail.

Cats are ok. I hate the smell of a litter-box, and I don't like that they randomly want attention, and when they want it they demand it. Trying to trip me by rubbing against my ankles, or jumping in my lap and sharpening their claws on my legs, etc.

My parents have one indoor cat, and it doesn't really bother me or anyone. They have two indoor dogs that prevent the cat from getting much personal attention, so maybe that's why that is the only cat I know that doesn't annoy me.

Outside cats are great though.

Edit* My parents cat had to be de-clawed after it completely destroyed my dads brand new leather recliner by sharpening its claws on it. This is an adult cat mind you. All of our living room furniture is scratched up on the sides from that damn cat. Our dogs as puppies chewed up a table leg, and loved to destroy rolls of paper towels and toilet paper, but once trained and outgrew the puppy stage they only chew on their toys.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2009, 05:08 PM
This coming from you means absolutely nothing to me.......seriously.

The bad news is many others share this sentiment. You may consider re-registering under a different user name to save yourself from further embarrassment.

CoMoChief
03-09-2009, 05:34 PM
The bad news is many others share this sentiment. You may consider re-registering under a different user name to save yourself from further embarrassment.

You really think I give 2 fucks about what a bunch of people on an internet forum think of me? Maybe you do and maybe you lose sleep at night when someone neg reps you......not me.

SNR
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I never stated that a cat has superior intelligence.

Ok, so you agree with me then.:spock:

Okay, how about this. Cats and dogs vary in intelligence. BOTH of them are smarter than you, though.

Phobia
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
My wrinkles were getting worse and I was feeling embarrassed and ashamed. Then I saw an episode of 60 Minutes that changed my life and got rid of my wrinkles. Now I look 15 years younger.

MadMax
03-09-2009, 09:00 PM

Where as you would be horrible "target practice" too stupid and too slow.

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Where as you would be horrible "target practice" too stupid and too slow.

Scum makes great target practice.

MadMax
03-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Scum makes great target practice.

ROFL! Yes it does. :) no sport, but a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you did something positive for the human race.

MadMax
03-09-2009, 10:22 PM
You really think I give 2 ****s about what a bunch of people on an internet forum think of me? Maybe you do and maybe you lose sleep at night when someone neg reps you......not me.

It's not about the rep at all, it's about being a total DICK and you sure fit that description on here. I'm sure you don't care but you seem to like to thump your chest and yell " HEY IM AN ASSHOLE LOOK AT ME! " Just my random thoughts on an internet BB :)

Darth CarlSatan
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
It's not about the rep at all, it's about being a total DICK and you sure fit that description on here. I'm sure you don't care but you seem to like to thump your chest and yell " HEY IM AN ASSHOLE LOOK AT ME! " Just my random thoughts on an internet BB :)

Ha ha...Ha ha...Hahahahaha!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/76d0b900.png

morphius
03-09-2009, 10:34 PM
You really think I give 2 fucks about what a bunch of people on an internet forum think of me? Maybe you do and maybe you lose sleep at night when someone neg reps you......not me.
This is always my favorite post, the great putting the fingers in the ears going lalalala post. Hi I've posted here nearly 12,000 times, but I don't care what any of you think, but you should all pay attention to me!!!

MadMax
03-09-2009, 10:41 PM
This is always my favorite post, the great putting the fingers in the ears going lalalala post. Hi I've posted here nearly 12,000 times, but I don't care what any of you think, but you should all pay attention to me!!!

THIS!! lol

MadMax
03-09-2009, 10:57 PM

I just wanna post one more thing in this thread then be done. I grew up seeing my Grandfather swerve off the road to kill a cat, I watched my cousin shoot cats with his bow. I saw so called friends hang a cat, also saw a dickhead I worked with slam a kitten into the ground at a party. I saw a pit bull bite one of my cats in half and basically kill at least 6 others. If you think this is cool or acceptable you are one sick MFer PERIOD. So ya it is a touchy subject to me, I have 8 cats and they are my friends so take it for what you think it's worth. :(

Reaper16
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Cats rule.

smittysbar
03-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I just wanna post one more thing in this thread then be done. I grew up seeing my Grandfather swerve off the road to kill a cat, I watched my cousin shoot cats with his bow. I saw so called friends hang a cat, also saw a dickhead I worked with slam a kitten into the ground at a party. I saw a pit bull bite one of my cats in half and basically kill at least 6 others. If you think this is cool or acceptable you are one sick MFer PERIOD. So ya it is a touchy subject to me, I have 8 cats and they are my friends so take it for what you think it's worth. :(

Crazy cat guy???

Katipan
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Crazy cat guy???

Interesting way of surrounding yourself with pussy.

smittysbar
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM

LMAO, yes it is.

SNR
03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wwo1mXZTZgI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wwo1mXZTZgI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I just wanna post one more thing in this thread then be done. I grew up seeing my Grandfather swerve off the road to kill a cat, I watched my cousin shoot cats with his bow. I saw so called friends hang a cat, also saw a dickhead I worked with slam a kitten into the ground at a party. I saw a pit bull bite one of my cats in half and basically kill at least 6 others. If you think this is cool or acceptable you are one sick MFer PERIOD. So ya it is a touchy subject to me, I have 8 cats and they are my friends so take it for what you think it's worth. :(I'm not a cat person, at all. But, killing cats for amusment IS sick. Also, you'd have to be a little off your rocker to want 8 freakin cats.

CoMoChief
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM

Thats not it at all. What I mean is that Chiefsplanet and real life are 2 totally seperate things. I get on here to talk Chiefs and other sports and topics, and when I wake up and go to work in the morning I don't really think about "Oh man what I posted on Chiefsplanet last night must have pissed off Saulbadguy/Morphius etc. What I do in real life and what I post on here are completely seperate. I dont let Chiefsplanet effect my day. I dont care about getting neg repped, I also don't really care about getting positive rep even though I guess its a nice gesture And I dont really see how post count has anything to do with it. I've been on here for about 5 yrs and my post count during that time is pretty low compared to a lot of people on here.

CoMoChief
03-10-2009, 10:17 AM

I've ran over a cat before.......I didn't give a shit, out in the middle of nowhere, prob a stray, just went on about my day.

However had I run over a dog, I'd feel absolutely terrible.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Thats not it at all. What I mean is that Chiefsplanet and real life are 2 totally seperate things. I get on here to talk Chiefs and other sports and topics, and when I wake up and go to work in the morning I don't really think about "Oh man what I posted on Chiefsplanet last night must have pissed off Saulbadguy/Morphius etc. What I do in real life and what I post on here are completely seperate. I dont let Chiefsplanet effect my day. I dont care about getting neg repped, I also don't really care about getting positive rep even though I guess its a nice gesture And I dont really see how post count has anything to do with it. I've been on here for about 5 yrs and my post count during that time is pretty low compared to a lot of people on here.

But your ratio of dumbass : intelligent posts is about 6:1.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I've ran over a cat before.......I didn't give a shit, out in the middle of nowhere, prob a stray, just went on about my day.

Pardon me. 7:1.

Iowanian
03-10-2009, 10:25 AM
8 cats?

You're going to need a Stick up.

http://www.twinsupply.com/janitorial/images/100/BGD604.JPG

CoMoChief
03-10-2009, 10:25 AM
But your ratio of dumbass : intelligent posts is about 6:1.

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

Gonzo
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
We have one of each. The cat is a fucking spaz. My dog on the other hand is smarter than most of the people that post on this forum.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darth CarlSatan
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Pardon me. 7:1.

LMAO:LOL:

So by my estimation, you kill indiscriminately and feel no remorse in doing so.

That's interesting. So if I were to track you down to the "middle of nowhere", put a gun to your head, make you dig your own grave, and bash your useless brain in with a baseball bat before burying you alive, I could just "go on about my day"?

I like it. Let's get together sometime.

Lumpy
03-10-2009, 11:49 AM

Katipan
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
That's interesting. So if I were to track you down to the "middle of nowhere", put a gun to your head, make you dig your own grave, and bash your useless brain in with a baseball bat before burying you alive, I could just "go on about my day"?

I like it. Let's get together sometime.

I thought animals made you more mellow.

Sam Hall
03-10-2009, 12:02 PM
My cat loves to hop inside the refrigerator for some reason.

Darth CarlSatan
03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I thought animals made you more mellow.

Tit for tat my dear.

MOhillbilly
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
dogs and cats are both fuckin dumb as are most domesticated animals.

next!

SNR
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
dogs and cats are both ****in dumb as are most domesticated animals.

next!No kidding. I gave my cat a rough draft of a chapter of a book I'm writing, hoping she would proofread it. She probably didn't get through the first paragraph before she fell asleep on it.

She's probably anti-intellectual.

MOhillbilly
03-10-2009, 12:32 PM
id like for someone to show me proof dogs and cats have feeling and are capable of free thinking(love, hate, ect) and not what they are hardwired to or conditioned to.
sense does not equal feeling.

Darth CarlSatan
03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
No kidding. I gave my cat a rough draft of a chapter of a book I'm writing, hoping she would proofread it. She probably didn't get through the first paragraph before she fell asleep on it.

She's probably anti-intellectual.

LMAO