PDA

View Full Version : MU *** All-Big 12 Awards Announced ***

eazyb81
03-08-2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=106110&SPID=13134&DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=3687666

POY - Blake Griffin (duh)

Defensive POY - JT Tiller and Cole Adrich in a tie

Newcomer of the Year - Dennis Clemente

Sixth Man of the Year - Matt Lawrence and LaceDarius Dunn in a tie

Freshman of the Year - Willie Warren

Coach of the Year - Bill Self

<TABLE width=750><TBODY><TR><TD>All-Big 12 First Team</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>Ht.</TD><TD>Wt.</TD><TD>Cl.</TD><TD>Hometown/Previous School(s)</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Craig Brackins, Iowa State</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>6-10</TD><TD>230</TD><TD>So.</TD><TD>Palmdale, Calif./Boys To Men/Brewster Academy [N.H.]

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Cole Aldrich, Kansas</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>6-11</TD><TD>245</TD><TD>So.</TD><TD>Bloomington, Minn./Jefferson</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherron Collins, Kansas**</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>5-11</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Chicago, Ill./Crane</TD></TR><TR><TD>DeMarre Carroll, Missouri</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>6-8</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Birmingham, Ala./Hoover/UAB</TD></TR><TR><TD>Blake Griffin, Oklahoma**</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>6-10</TD><TD>251</TD><TD>So.</TD><TD>Oklahoma City, Okla./Oklahoma Christian School</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>All-Big 12 Second Team</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>Ht.</TD><TD>Wt.</TD><TD>Cl.</TD><TD>Hometown/Previous School(s)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Denis Clemente, Kansas State</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>175</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Bayamon, Puerto Rico/Calusa Prep/Miami (Fla.)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Willie Warren, Oklahoma</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>207</TD><TD>Fr.</TD><TD>Fort Worth, Texas/North Crowley</TD></TR><TR><TD>James Anderson, Oklahoma State</TD><TD>G/F</TD><TD>6-6</TD><TD>195</TD><TD>So.</TD><TD>Junction City, Ark./Junction City</TD></TR><TR><TD>A.J. Abrams, Texas</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>5-11</TD><TD>161</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Round Rock, Texas/McNeil</TD></TR><TR><TD>Damion James, Texas</TD><TD>G/F</TD><TD>6-7</TD><TD>222</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Nacogdoches, Texas/Nacogdoches</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>All-Big 12 Third Team</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>Ht.</TD><TD>Wt.</TD><TD>Cl.</TD><TD>Hometown/Previous School(s)</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Curtis Jerrells, Baylor</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>201</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Austin, Texas/Del Valle</TD></TR><TR><TD>Cory Higgins, Colorado</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-5</TD><TD>185</TD><TD>So.</TD><TD>Danville, Calif./Monta Vista/The Pendleton School [Fla.]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Leo Lyons, Missouri</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>6-9</TD><TD>244</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Kansas City, Kan./Coastal Christian Academy</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ade Dagunduro, Nebraska</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-5</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Inglewood, Calif./Inglewood/Antelope Valley CC</TD></TR><TR><TD>Byron Eaton, Oklahoma State</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>5-11</TD><TD>218</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Dallas, Texas/Lincoln</TD></TR><TR><TD>Josh Carter, Texas A&M</TD><TD>G/F</TD><TD>6-7</TD><TD>205</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Dallas, Texas/Lake Highlands</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

All-Big 12 Honorable Mention (Listed alphabetically by school)
LaceDarius Dunn (Baylor), Kevin Rogers (Baylor), Jacob Pullen (Kansas State), J.T. Tiller (Missouri), Austin Johnson (Oklahoma), Terrel Harris (Oklahoma State), John Roberson (Texas Tech), Alan Voskuil (Texas Tech)
<TABLE width=750><TBODY><TR><TD>

Big 12 All-Defensive Team

</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>Ht.</TD><TD>Wt.</TD><TD>Cl.</TD><TD>Hometown/Previous School(s)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Cole Aldrich, Kansas</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>6-11</TD><TD>245</TD><TD>So.</TD><TD>Bloomington, Minn./Jefferson</TD></TR><TR><TD>J.T. Tiller, Missouri**</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Marietta, Ga./Wheeler</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ade Dagunduro, Nebraska</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-5</TD><TD>200</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Inglewood, Calif./Inglewood/Antelope Valley CC</TD></TR><TR><TD>Terrel Harris, Oklahoma State</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-5</TD><TD>184</TD><TD>Sr.</TD><TD>Dallas, Texas/South Garland</TD></TR><TR><TD>Justin Mason, Texas</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>194</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Amarillo, Texas/Palo Duro</TD></TR><TR><TD>Derrick Roland, Texas A&M</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Dallas, Texas/Seagoville</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Big 12 All-Rookie Team</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>Ht.</TD><TD>Wt.</TD><TD>Cl.</TD><TD>Hometown/Previous School(s)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Marcus Morris, Kansas</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>6-8</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>Fr.</TD><TD>Philadelphia, Pa./Prep Charter/APEX Academy [N.J.]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tyshawn Taylor, Kansas**</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>180</TD><TD>Fr.</TD><TD>Hoboken, N.J./Saint Anthony</TD></TR><TR><TD>Denis Clemente, Kansas State**</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-1</TD><TD>175</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Bayamon, Puerto Rico/Calusa Prep/Miami (Fla.)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Zaire Taylor, Missouri</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>189</TD><TD>Jr.</TD><TD>Staten Island, N.Y./University of Delaware</TD></TR><TR><TD>Willie Warren, Oklahoma**</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>207</TD><TD>Fr.</TD><TD>Fort Worth, Texas/North Crowley</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pablo
03-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Hell yeah..

BWillie
03-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Since when is Denis Clemente a freshman? I thought he was a third-year punkass? Isn't there a team for that.

eazyb81
03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Can't really complain with any of it.

Saulbadguy
03-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Since when is Denis Clemente a freshman? I thought he was a third-year punkass? Isn't there a team for that.

Newcomer, dumbass.

FAIL.

BWillie
03-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Newcomer, dumbass.

FAIL.

When I think of All-Rookie team...that doesn't mean a junior to me. He's already played at the U, and got booted. I wouldn't think he would be eligible. Either way, he's an assclown.

Saulbadguy
03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
When I think of All-Rookie team...that doesn't mean a junior to me. He's already played at the U, and got booted. I wouldn't think he would be eligible. Either way, he's an assclown.

Glad you think he is an assclown. The Big XII disagrees with your logic - a rookie, or a newcomer is just that - a newcomer to the league. A freshman, is just that, a freshman. Not too difficult to understand.

Mosbonian
03-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Can't really fault much here....don't agree with it all but I can understand the choices.

I still believe that Anderson should have gotten Coach of the Year, but I will also admit my bias. Either way both coaches did a great job with their teams this year.

mmaddog

doomy3
03-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Glad you think he is an assclown. The Big XII disagrees with your logic - a rookie, or a newcomer is just that - a newcomer to the league. A freshman, is just that, a freshman. Not too difficult to understand.

He's considered a rookie though?

He made all-rookie team, which I do think is a bit odd.

Saulbadguy
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM

Good god.

doomy3
03-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Good god.

So sorry.

eazyb81
03-08-2009, 03:38 PM

It's just like how Ichiro was considered a rookie when he came to the majors in his 30s.

doomy3
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
It's just like how Ichiro was considered a rookie when he came to the majors in his 30s.

Yeah, that makes sense. Just didn't realize it was like that in college though. I knew a guy like Clemente would qualigy for newcomer of the year, but didn't think he would qualify for rookie team. Hell of a player though.

RustShack
03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Craig Brackins!!!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I think Anderson deserved COTY, but I don't get to vote...

Tiger's Fan
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM

Frankly, I'm shocked by this...

Sure-Oz
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM

I agree as well, but KU has had a damn good year as well considering they lost all of their starters, if MA got 1st in the big 12 he probably gets it

mikeyis4dcats.
03-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Frankly, I'm shocked by this...

I think Self had more to work with...

WilliamTheIrish
03-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Clemente, deep inside the shallow heads. LMAO