PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Picks Updated in Mock Draft Datbase

PennSkinsFan
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
http://dcprosportsreport.com/mockdraftdatabase/nfl.html (http://dcprosportsreport.com/mockdraftdatabase/nfl.html)

Right now the mock drafts are trending LB Aaron Curry to KC big time. We have 247 mock drafts listed, 114 of which have been updated in March.

melbar
03-11-2009, 10:24 PM
A Linebacker? might as well draft a punter...:rolleyes:

PhillyChiefFan
03-12-2009, 07:42 AM

...but can he kick a field goal?

WhitiE
03-12-2009, 08:36 AM

there any good ones?

BigChiefFan
03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Drafting an ILBer with a top 3 pick would be a mistake.

KCrockaholic
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Drafting an ILBer with a top 3 pick would be a mistake.

so who should we pick with our top 3 pick?

BigChiefFan
03-13-2009, 08:33 PM
so who should we pick with our top 3 pick?
I've mentioned him on several threads, so some are probably getting sick of me pimping him, but since you asked...BJ Raji is who I think we should take. Dominate NTs don't come along often and this guy has all the makings of becoming a fierce NT. I'm of the opinion that it all starts in the trenches and to be a dominate defense, we need a dominate D-line.

Raji is a superior talent to what we currently have on the roster and he will help improve Dorsey's and everyone's else play around him. Typically,the NT's job is to occupy blockers, well Raji can do that and still get to the QB. He's a beast.

Raji is 327 lbs. and he ran a 5.12 40 yard dash. He benched pressed 225 lbs., 33 times at the combine. Those are just some measurables, but he has the measurables you look for. Add to that, his dominate game play, despite being constantly double-teamed...in 47 games played, he had 107 tackles, 37 of which are tackles for a negative yards, and he also has 12 1/2 sacks.

Then you look at the competition he faced in college, plus his dominate performance in the Senior Bowl against top names, like Mack and Unger and see that he very clearly has dominated against most of the competition he's faced. For a rookie prospect, that's what I look for. I think he has the potential to become a game-changer. Just my two cents.

and some footage on him...

ArrowheadMagic
03-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I've mentioned him on several threads, so some are probably getting sick of me pimping him, but since you asked...BJ Raji is who I think we should take. Dominate NTs don't come along often and this guy has all the makings of becoming a fierce NT. I'm of the opinion that it all starts in the trenches and to be a dominate defense, we need a dominate D-line.

Raji is a superior talent to what we currently have on the roster and he will help improve Dorsey's and everyone's else play around him. Typically,the NT's job is to occupy blockers, well Raji can do that and still get to the QB. He's a beast.

Raji is 327 lbs. and he ran a 5.12 40 yard dash. He benched pressed 225 lbs., 33 times at the combine. Those are just some measurables, but he has the measurables you look for. Add to that, his dominate game play, despite being constantly double-teamed...in 47 games played, he had 107 tackles, 37 of which are tackles for a negative yards, and he also has 12 1/2 sacks.

Then you look at the competition he faced in college, plus his dominate performance in the Senior Bowl against top names, like Mack and Unger and see that he very clearly has dominated against most of the competition he's faced. For a rookie prospect, that's what I look for. I think he has the potential to become a game-changer. Just my two cents.

and some footage on him...

Brace was productive without him. Raji never played without Brace... Something to think about. Make no mistake about it, Curry is the best defensive player in the draft. He is overvalued in this particular draft. Speaks more to how weak this draft is. Curry is a top 10 talent regardless of draft year, just this year there is nothing else on that side of the ball. Because of the lack of elite talent, you pretty much have to throw positional value out the window, unless you want to draft a LT. The fact we havent signed Cassel to anything, could mean we go QB still, after all, we pretty much have Cassel locked in for 2 yrs. Provided we want to pay the 110% over his current franchise mark this year.

Typically, yes, wrong position to pay that kind of money and draft where we are. But its the right type of player.