PDA

View Full Version : walterfootball.com March 10, 2009 4rd mock

MIAdragon
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, ILB, Wake Forest

I had two reasons for putting Mark Sanchez No. 3 in many of my previous updates. First, quarterbacks hold much more positional value than linebackers. That's just how the draft works. For more on this, check out the History of Linebackers in the NFL Draft and the Top-Three NFL Draft Pick Trends.

And second, new regimes mean new quarterbacks. I was confident Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley would be searching for "their guy." I just thought it would be Sanchez. Apparently, they liked Matt Cassel better, though I wouldn't exactly consider him much of an upgrade over Tyler Thigpen. Both Thigpen and Cassel are shotgun spread quarterbacks with limited arm strength and an inability to play under center. Put Thigpen on the Patriots last year, and he would have put up the same numbers as Cassel. For more on this, check out this particular NFL Draft Mailbag entry.

At any rate, the Chiefs can now focus on finding help for their new 3-4 defense. The best defensive player in this draft is Aaron Curry, and he'd fill a big need at inside linebacker.

Kansas City Chiefs: Chris Baker, NT, Hampton
As predicted, the Chiefs are moving to a 3-4 defense. That's currently a problem because they're missing all the 3-4 essentials - including a dominating nose tackle.

Kansas City Chiefs: Brandon Williams, DE/OLB, Texas Tech
If Kansas City's mayor scheduled a parade every time the Chiefs registered a sack, there would have been only 10 parades in 2008. Poor KC fans.

With the move to the 3-4, the Chiefs need to find some rush linebackers capable of generating consistent pressure.

Pick change; previously Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB

KCrockaholic
03-12-2009, 03:06 PM

not happening...

Pestilence
03-12-2009, 03:10 PM

not happening...

How the fuck do you know?

MIAdragon
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
How the **** do you know?

http://saranaagathi.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/swami_chinmayananda.jpg

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I think this draft sucks.

As I've said time and again, this is best draft in recent memory for offensive lineman, yet all these bozos have the Chiefs taking defensive players in a year where the class is weak.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Mecca
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
That's a rather shitty draft.

keg in kc
03-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Put Thigpen on the Patriots last year, and he would have put up the same numbers as Cassel.Uh huh.

Mecca
03-12-2009, 11:17 PM

As I've said time and again, this is best draft in recent memory for offensive lineman, yet all these bozos have the Chiefs taking defensive players in a year where the class is weak.

It's all over this forum too, I wasn't aware Aaron Curry was a god and a revolutionary player.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2009, 11:23 PM
It's all over this forum too, I wasn't aware Aaron Curry was a god and a revolutionary player.

Well, there's way too many people basing their opinions on what Scott Pioli has done in the past, which has absolutely no bearing on the Chiefs talent depleted roster.

I saw one guy say "Well, NE took a TE in almost draft. I think we'll take one, too".

Stupid.

chiefs1111
03-13-2009, 12:05 AM
That's a rather shitty draft.

This

Mr. Krab
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM

or ..... you're wrong.

milkman
03-14-2009, 04:14 AM
or ..... you're wrong.

How is he wrong?

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Apparently, they liked Matt Cassel better, though I wouldn't exactly consider him much of an upgrade over Tyler Thigpen. Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoaaaa. Let's not get crazy now.