PDA

View Full Version : Life Do you rent a storage locker?

Rain Man
03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
This is a business I simply don't understand. I can see if you're moving or remodeling or something, you might need short-term storage of your stuff. Also maybe if you're a small business that uses lots of materials, like a construction company, it might be better than other storage options. But other than those scenarios, what items does a person have that are too valuable to throw away or sell, warrants paying money every month for storage, and yet aren't important enough to keep handy?

What am I missing?

Baconeater
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I once worked with a guy who lived in one. I don't think he was supposed to be doing that though.

kstater
03-16-2009, 05:28 PM
The only time I used a storage place was while moving.

kstater
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I once worked with a guy who lived in one. I don't think he was supposed to be doing that though.

Heh, I was wondering why there was an explicit clause in the contract I signed, now I know.

keg in kc
03-16-2009, 05:31 PM
That's where I keep my harem of newly imported chinese brides.

rockymtnchief
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
I worked a job that had me moving every 2-3 months. I used storage for my furniture, motorcycles, etc... It was a lot easier than packing all the time. Then when I got a permanent gig I didn't have to go buy all new stuff.

cdcox
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
We used one when we lived in a townhouse for a year.

My guess is that we stored some junk that we'd have been better off pitching in the trash.

TinyEvel
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I got one when we moved and used it for about a year. I finally emptied it and most of that stuff is in my garage right now, it's a total mess.
Last night I was out there lookking around and thought "other than my tools, I could part with ALL of this mess and never miss it"

I think it's because I think I might need one of those things (stucco mixing tub, vibrating football game, 300 feet of #12 white electrical wire, Old pottery Barn picture frames, etc etc etc) one dday

Psyko Tek
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Well, where do you hide the bodies at?

RedNeckRaider
03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes I have one...the value of the contents versus the price tag over the last year...well if I worked for one of the banks getting bailed out I would get a bonus. Sadly my stupidly just cost me! :( It is things I do not have room for, everything from my kids stuff to family items that I have no place for.

MIAdragon
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Ive always wondered if people did that.

kysirsoze
03-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Ive always wondered if people did that.

It's great until you get bug-bombed.

TrebMaxx
03-16-2009, 06:14 PM
We have considered using one since my mothers passing resulted in some family heirlooms that we are storing in our spare bedroom for now. We would like to get a larger house once the economy settles and thought of putting the stuff in storage so we could use our spare bedroom for its actual intent.

Dicky McElephant
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Just moved my stuff out of one and into my garage. The fiance and I only got it because we moved into an apartment first from her house and my one bedroom apartment....and didn't have enough room for everything. We only had it for 5 months.

speak24
03-16-2009, 06:54 PM
The locker or the river...

Pioli Zombie
03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Its a good place to store a body if you and Jimmy Conway kick a made guy to death in your nightclub after midnight
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
03-16-2009, 07:47 PM
I rent a storage locker at the bus station.

RJ
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
When I was working in outside sales and had a fairly large territory, I kept two sets of samples. One was in my garage at home, the other was approximately in the middle of my territory in a small storage unit. The $40 a month it cost me was more than worthwhile for the convenience.

My storage locker at the bus station has nothing to do with samples.