PDA

View Full Version : Football Le Ann Schreiber, ESPN Ombudsman slams boss in Farewell Column

BostonTim
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=schreiber_leanne&id=3983722

Tis long and a bit vague but it's pretty good. The reasons you hate ESPN will come back to you. :cuss:

Cheers, BostonTim

Sam Hall
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
ESPN doesn't care about the Midwest.

luv
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Whoa. Was kinda weird to have my first name be the first thing I saw when I clicked on the planet.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2009, 06:50 PM
She was a way better ombudsman than they've had in the past. She slammed Cowherd a couple of times.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
She was a way better ombudsman than they've had in the past. She slammed Cowherd a couple of times.

Too bad she wasn't in a position to fire the cocksucker.

Buehler445
03-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Heh, she mentions KC fans hating Favre.

RJ
03-16-2009, 09:14 PM
If ESPN only knew how right she is.

It's been years since I've watched SportsCenter on a regular basis, though I used to watch a few times a day. I just got tired of their love of all things NFC East, AL East, A-Rod, T-o (and all the other abbreviation "nicknames"), Duke and Brett effing Favre, among others.

I watch ESPN for the games they broadcast but that's it. Their sports news coverage is worthless, far more hype than news.

bdeg
03-16-2009, 09:18 PM

Agreed. I didn't read all of it, but what I did was very well said.

edit:ya I kinda just read the first paragraph and figured I knew the rest.

Extra Point
03-16-2009, 09:32 PM
An ombudsman, a real writer, doesn't say, "what they object to," but, "to what they object." I know that she'll enjoy her 6 months severence. I only hope that the real writers will teach the real readers some plain english. She bored me to death. May she no longer bore others.

kysirsoze
03-16-2009, 09:34 PM
An ombudsman, a real writer, doesn't say, "what they object to," but, "to what they object." I know that she'll enjoy her 6 months severence. I only hope that the real writers will teach the real readers some plain english. She bored me to death. May she no longer bore others.

She may have bored you, but she can't be as boring as A-Rod updates for a week straight.

tk13
03-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I thought she was a bit of a dry read but she did a good job. She would at least openly say many of the things that people don't like about ESPN.

MMXcalibur
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I've often thought about turning over to the "Final Score" on Fox Sports at night for my sports scores. To go along with the NFC East circle jerk and everything Patriots, Cowboys, Red Sox and Yankees, the way ESPN treats the NHL makes me physically sick. Instead of giving me bullshit "analysis" that nobody will fucking remember 3 hours from now, why don't you get back to showing some sports highlights?

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2009, 11:54 PM
An ombudsman, a real writer, doesn't say, "what they object to," but, "to what they object." Alert a paleontologist. I've discovered a fossil!

Rooster
03-17-2009, 11:18 AM
If ESPN only knew how right she is.

It's been years since I've watched SportsCenter on a regular basis, though I used to watch a few times a day. I just got tired of their love of all things NFC East, AL East, A-Rod, T-o (and all the other abbreviation "nicknames"), Duke and Brett effing Favre, among others.

I watch ESPN for the games they broadcast but that's it. Their sports news coverage is worthless, far more hype than news.

This is exactly me. I catch the games on ESPN but that's about it. I used to watch all the time but it's garbage now.

MikeMaslowski
03-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Heh, she mentions KC fans hating Favre.

that's how partially true stories get started, thus turning into an ESPN melodrama...

read again...

Ultra Peanut
03-18-2009, 01:18 AM
Never end a sentence with a preposition at.