PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink YES! Cherry Dr. Pepper!

Saulbadguy
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Not Cherry Vanilla...Not Cherry Chocolate...but plain Cherry Dr Pepper. Currently enjoying a "diet" version of this amazing concoction. It comes with the tagline "amazingly smooth" printed on the bottle.

Saulbadguy
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
(not my picture)

88TG88
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
pass

Pants
(not my picture)

Holy shit, I quit drinking pop but fuck that, I'm getting me some tomorrow. Nice.

RNR
Sometimes you want to go where everyone knows your name

Reaper16
Upon further reflection, it does seem that the bottle of standard Dr. Pepper I'm drinking right now is just "Adequately Smooth."

Reaper16
03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Sometimes you want to go where everyone knows your name
doo doo doo doo DOO doo

Saulbadguy
03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Upon further reflection, it does seem that the bottle of standard Dr. Pepper I'm drinking right now is just "Adequately Smooth."

This tastes exactly like the Sonic fountain drink..."Diet dr pepper with the diet cherry add in". I'm sure the regular one may taste better, but i'm cool with diet.

luv
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
I miss Dr Pepper. :(

Simply Red
03-16-2009, 08:21 PM
It's amazing how much pussy I pull drinking this stuff.

FAX
I, too, say "Yes" to Cherry Dr. Pepper.

They got it right.

FAX

Simply Red
If God had a drink of choice, it'd be this!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I haven't seen this yet. I'll be looking for it now.

Simply Red
03-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I haven't seen this yet. I'll be looking for it now.

Actually the diet version IS tasty.

RNR
03-16-2009, 08:26 PM
If God had a drink of choice, it'd be this!

I would be some what shocked if God is on a diet :eek: the regular might be cool.....but then again if given the task of offering a drink to God....well I would hope to have better to offer :)

WilliamTheIrish
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
No thanks. I don't do bitch drinks. /retro

Count Zarth
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I'll try some.

Reaper16
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I would be some what shocked if God is on a diet :eek: the regular might be cool.....but then again if given the task of offering a drink to God....well I would hope to have better to offer :)
Bell's HopSlam?

RNR
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
No thanks. I don't do bitch drinks. /retro

Early happy St Pats from one Mick to another

Simply Red
03-16-2009, 08:38 PM
This drink is excellent for pulling in husky Native American bitches with diabetes.

Spott
03-16-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't drink pop near as much as I used to, but I used to like it when they had Coke with lime. I don't think it's being sold anymore because I haven't seen it in stores in years.

Delano
03-16-2009, 08:40 PM
This drink is excellent for pulling in husky Native American bitches with diabetes.

Are you pouring cheap brandy in it? They like that.

Simply Red
03-16-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't drink pop near as much as I used to, but I used to like it when they had Coke with lime. I don't think it's being sold anymore because I haven't seen it in stores in years.

OK OK, what's 'pop?'

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I had some of this a week ago. Pretty good.

luv
03-16-2009, 08:42 PM
OK OK, what's 'pop?'

That's another word for soda.

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Vanilla Coke Zero is my fav right how.

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
OK OK, what's 'pop?'Soda pop

FAX
03-16-2009, 08:44 PM

Great tip, Mr. Simply Red. Thank you.

Now I know what beverage to never, ever, ever offer an husky Native American bitch with diabetes.

FAX

FAX
03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
This tastes exactly like the Sonic fountain drink..."Diet dr pepper with the diet cherry add in". I'm sure the regular one may taste better, but i'm cool with diet.

The truth is that Dr. Pepper in their diet format tastes almost exactly the same as their non-diet versions. It's one of the precious few sodas that has successfully accomplished this marvelous feat.

FAX

Delano
03-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Vanilla Coke Zero is my fav right how.

Do you like all of the Coke Zero variants?

I like them much better than the Diet Coke variants.

Spott
03-16-2009, 08:48 PM
That's another word for soda.

No, soda is another word for pop. :)

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2009, 08:49 PM

I like them much better than the Diet Coke variants.Yes. Diet Coke sucks. Not sure why Coca-Cola even bothers with them anymore...

luv
03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
No, soda is another word for pop. :)

Put them together and soda comes first.

I mean that in the most nonsexual way.

Simply Red
03-16-2009, 08:53 PM

I like them much better than the Diet Coke variants.

the original DC in the silver can not only screams 'traditionalist' it also hollars; 'Hollywood' and stuff like that.

Saulbadguy
03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Yes. Diet Coke sucks. Not sure why Coca-Cola even bothers with them anymore...

http://www.ekupisi.com/jpg450/Coca%20Cola%20light%200.33l%20-2.jpg

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2009, 08:59 PM
http://www.ekupisi.com/jpg450/Coca%20Cola%20light%200.33l%20-2.jpgWTF is that?

keg in kc
03-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Put them together and soda comes first.

I mean that in the most nonsexual way.Soda comes first, pop comes second, and sometimes not at all.

Frazod
03-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I hate Dr. Pepper - always have. Doesn't matter if it's diet or regular - they are both equally disgusting.

Ultra Peanut
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Hasn't Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper been around for almost a decade?

FAX
03-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes. Diet Coke sucks. Not sure why Coca-Cola even bothers with them anymore...

Some peeps actually prefer the flavor of Diet Coke to regular Coke, Mr. BigChiefDave. I don't understand it, but they do. Maybe it's an acquired taste. Like Tab. I couldn't stand the taste of Tab, but they sold a lot of it. In fact, I knew a guy in KS who made highballs out of Jim Beam and Tab and Ice. Who the hell would want to do that? I'd rather drink the Jim Beam straight, stuff the ice down my pants, and pour the Tab into my eye sockets. Highly disgusting stuff, Tab. But there's no accounting for taste. Unless you're an astronaut and you've had to have your taste buds studied as part of a vitally important research project designed to determine what stuff you can put in a plastic pouch that is sufficiently edible so that you won't starve to death in orbit or pee acid which would be really bad because acid pee might eat through the tubing they stick your penis in that leads to a pee capturing container so you don't have a bunch of weightless pee floating around the cabin when you're trying to prepare for re-entering the atmosphere at the end of your mission which would suck because space helmets don't come with windshield wipers and suddenly exploding into a flashing, flaming, fiery crisp due to being distracted by your own floating pee wouldn't be the best way to go, in my opinion.

FAX

Simply Red
03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Hasn't Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper been around for almost a decade?

no, recently reintroduced, but never only cherry DDP. so no, no.

Saulbadguy
03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
WTF is that?

It's coke light, mon.

If you ask for a diet coke in countries (most) other than the USA, this is what they bring you.

crazycoffey
03-16-2009, 09:10 PM
how's it taste with Jack?

FAX
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I've never understood the concept of ruining good liquor with soda pop. Water? Ice? Sure. Maybe even a little lemon with vodka or an olive in a gin martini. But soda pop and Jack Daniels? Good Gaggy Gustatory Gulps Of Gooishness. It just doesn't compute.

FAX

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-16-2009, 09:36 PM
I hate Dr. Pepper - always have. Doesn't matter if it's diet or regular - they are both equally disgusting.
Second that.

Reaper16
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I have procured a bottle of both diet and regular Dr. Pepper Cherry.

The regular is about as smooth as the label proclaims itself to be. Nice cherry nose on it, but not all that different from standard Dr. Pepper.

Simply Red
03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I have procured a bottle of both diet and regular Dr. Pepper Cherry.

The regular is about as smooth as the label proclaims itself to be. Nice cherry nose on it, but not all that different from standard Dr. Pepper.

I swear to god, that post was pure magic, as are you Reaper16, come to me...

TinyEvel
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Not Cherry Vanilla...Not Cherry Chocolate...but plain Cherry Dr Pepper. Currently enjoying a "diet" version of this amazing concoction. It comes with the tagline "amazingly smooth" printed on the bottle.

ROFL... that tag line courtesy of the guys in the office next door to mine.

Not to get all "Dane McCloud" on your asses, but we have cases and cases of that stuff lying around the office.

I drink tons of it while PLaying Beta versions of games on the PS3 debug beta test machine FTW

crazycoffey
03-17-2009, 12:39 AM
I've never understood the concept of ruining good liquor with soda pop. Water? Ice? Sure. Maybe even a little lemon with vodka or an olive in a gin martini. But soda pop and Jack Daniels? Good Gaggy Gustatory Gulps Of Gooishness. It just doesn't compute.

FAX

Are you kidding me? would you take a rail bourbon/whiskey with a splash of water? The answer is no, don't try and act all high and mighty on me, Mr Fax. How about this, please try and think of it as "fine tuning" crap liquor like jack daniels with a little extra splash of cherry dr. pepper.

crap, you'd think I asked for an Elijah Craig and pepper......

crazycoffey
03-17-2009, 12:42 AM
I mean, shit - Fax, I know you live in Tennessee and all, but what the goody gracious gooty goo goo shit do you think they put in a Lynchburg lemonade? Only water?

BigMeatballDave
03-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Hasn't Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper been around for almost a decade?No.

FAX
03-17-2009, 06:57 AM
I mean, shit - Fax, I know you live in Tennessee and all, but what the goody gracious gooty goo goo shit do you think they put in a Lynchburg lemonade? Only water?

Never tried the stuff, and never will, Mr. CrazyCoffey. To each his own. If you want to drink like a man, you're welcome at my home anytime. But you won't be served any disgusting, pussy, cola drinks, so beware.

FAX

alpha_omega
03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Sounds too sweet to me.

Katipan
03-17-2009, 07:51 AM
If you want to drink like a man, you're welcome at my home anytime. But you won't be served any disgusting, pussy, cola drinks, so beware.

FAX

Pink lemonade, huh?

Jilly
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
I think it tastes like medicine. bluck

gblowfish
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
There's only a few diet sodas that are tolerable. Coke Zero was developed by Coke as a diet drink for men, who didn't want to drink "Diet Coke." Diet Dr. Pepper (and all the varieties of that) Coke Zero are OK, Jones Soda Sugar Free Creme Soda and Black Cherry are OK, Stewarts diet Orange soda is good, but expensive at around $1 a bottle.

Simply Red
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
There's only a few diet sodas that are tolerable. Coke Zero was developed by Coke as a diet drink for men, who didn't want to drink "Diet Coke." Diet Dr. Pepper (and all the varieties of that) Coke Zero are OK, Jones Soda Sugar Free Creme Soda and Black Cherry are OK, Stewarts diet Orange soda is good, but expensive at around $1 a bottle.

ha ha, just found a twelver of tha Jones SF BCS. it's legit.

crazycoffey
03-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Never tried the stuff, and never will, Mr. CrazyCoffey. To each his own. If you want to drink like a man, you're welcome at my home anytime. But you won't be served any disgusting, pussy, cola drinks, so beware.

FAX

then serve something with better taste than Jack Daniels....

DeezNutz
03-17-2009, 11:24 AM

FAX

Now this is a post I can stand behind (metaphorically, of course, since I'm far too manly to be covered by a mere 2 lines).

If you want a cocktail, have a freaking cocktail. If you want a soda, have a fricking soda.

The two are indeed mutually exclusive.

Fish
03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I haven't had Dr. Pepper since 1994.

crazycoffey
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM
If you want a cocktail, have a freaking cocktail. If you want a soda, have a fricking soda.

The two are indeed mutually exclusive.

I guess I'm just not as snobish as you two (and the countless others that will come out to claim thier aficionado status). I have a bottle of crown reserves and a bottle of chivas that I will always drink with a cube of ice or two. (I can't afford anything better). But if I want whiskey at a bar, it's rail whiskey and I'm not drinking that without a splash of cola/sprite.

jack and water is just blah, just take the shot already....
[/mancard saving attempts]

jimhitter
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
A bonus about Texas. Dr Pepper is everywhere! Coke distributors cant sell their Mr Pibb. In certain parts of Texas, (Waco area) you can get Dublin Dr Pepper. It's made with cane sugar instead of corn syrup. The best soda I have ever consumed.

DeezNutz
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess I'm just not as snobish as you two (and the countless others that will come out to claim thier aficionado status). I have a bottle of crown reserves and a bottle of chivas that I will always drink with a cube of ice or two. (I can't afford anything better). But if I want whiskey at a bar, it's rail whiskey and I'm not drinking that without a splash of cola/sprite.

Not a snob thing. Just a drinking thing.

I don't drink Jack, but if I have a Crown or Maker's (not terribly more expensive), I'm drinking it on ice. That's all.

Just don't like mixing with soda. To me, it's like ruining two different beverages. Each enjoyable on its own. Together = crap.

I do like vodka tonics, however, but tonic water is damn near poisonous on its own.

Jilly
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Not a snob thing. Just a drinking thing.

I don't drink Jack, but if I have a Crown or Maker's (not terribly more expensive), I'm drinking it on ice. That's all.

Just don't like mixing with soda. To me, it's like ruining two different beverages. Each enjoyable on its own. Together = crap.

both those things make me mean even if I mix it with something happy like coke or dr. pepper

DeezNutz
03-17-2009, 01:40 PM
both those things make me mean even if I mix it with something happy like coke or dr. pepper

Really?

I bet your "mean" is more similar to my "friendly," though...

Anyway, I change my drink by the season. In cold weather, whiskey/bourbon sounds great. But now that it's warmer, I like something more refreshing. Vodka tonics, margaritas, etc.

FAX
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM

I wish to apologize to you, Mr. CrazyCoffey. My post was thoughtless, unkind, egotistical, and utterly unforgivable.

Sometimes, I forget that some peeps are in a position in which they are forced by factors outside of their control to drink relatively inexpensive liquor. I, myself, have been in that identical financial condition more times than I care to admit. For all I know, it could happen again. Clearly, if you're drinking alcoholic beverages that require a soda pop additive to be palatable, there's certainly nothing wrong with that. God knows that cheap booze is far better than no booze at all. Therefore, I hereby declare myself to be a dumbass.

I apologize. Sincerely so. I have, in fact, mashed a flashlight against my forehead 4 times as punishment. It was a big one, too. 4 D batteries.

FAX

Simply Red
03-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I wish to apologize to you, Mr. CrazyCoffey. My post was thoughtless, unkind, egotistical, and utterly unforgivable.

Sometimes, I forget that some peeps are in a position in which they are forced by factors outside of their control to drink relatively inexpensive liquor. I, myself, have been in that identical financial condition more times than I care to admit. For all I know, it could happen again. Clearly, if you're drinking alcoholic beverages that require a soda pop additive to be palatable, there's certainly nothing wrong with that. God knows that cheap booze is far better than no booze at all. Therefore, I hereby declare myself to be a dumbass.

I apologize. Sincerely so. I have, in fact, mashed a flashlight against my forehead 4 times as punishment. It was a big one, too. 4 D batteries.

FAX

'mashed' is exclusive to the south, you may have to explain it's meaning. Sort of like 'buggy.' :D

FAX
03-17-2009, 03:54 PM
'mashed' is exclusive to the south, you may have to explain it's meaning. Sort of like 'buggy.' :D

Okay. I'll apologize for that, too, Mr. Simply Red. Can you guys ever be happy? Jesus.

I guess maybe slammed is more appropriate. Slammed or bashed. Or clubbed. Slammed or bashed or clubbed. Or clobbered. I'll go with clobbered. Or conked. Or whacked, maybe. Anyhow, whatever you want to call it, it left a red mark. But ironically, the flashlight works better now. Sometimes, out of a clobbering, a little good can come.

FAX

Simply Red
03-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Okay. I'll apologize for that, too, Mr. Simply Red. Can you guys ever be happy? Jesus.

I guess maybe slammed is more appropriate. Slammed or bashed. Or clubbed. Slammed or bashed or clubbed. Or clobbered. I'll go with clobbered. Or conked. Or whacked, maybe. Anyhow, whatever you want to call it, it left a red mark. But ironically, the flashlight works better now. Sometimes, out of a clobbering, a little good can come.

FAX

:) I joke. :)

Rain Man
03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
I haven't had Dr. Pepper since 1994.

In protest of Stephen Breyer's appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court?

FAX
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
:) I joke. :)

Finding humor in a poor, repentant man's self-inflicted punishment with a Maglite to the skull.

I see.

FAX

Reaper16
03-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Huh. Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry, mysteriously, is better than its more-caloried sibling.

BigMeatballDave
03-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Huh. Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry, mysteriously, is better than its more-caloried sibling.I haven't tried the diet, yet. The diet cherry-vanilla version is better than the regular.

Stanley Nickels
03-17-2009, 07:31 PM
I've forcibly removed myself from full-sugar soda (save your lectures about how proper brushing makes full-sugar soda drinking okay, it simply doesn't work with my teeth.)
I love Diet Dr. Pepper.
I'm not sure about Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper- it was "meh".

But, pay heed all those who read this post: STAY AWAY AWAY AWAY from the Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr. Pepper. Some lady brought that satanic brew into work one day. Not realizing the hell I was putting myself through, thinking I was simply grabbing a DDP, I opened and began drinking away. One of the problems with being an impulsive ADD-riddled adult is doing things before proper preparation. Had I taken a minute to smell that Toilet Water, I would've thrown it at one of the hideous creatures, generously labeled "women", that I work with, and ran out the door crying.

It's the worst taste you can imagine. Just AVOID IT. If you find yourself in the same room as that aberration of a soda, remove yourself immediately, for fear that you might find yourself in a once-in-a-millennium earthquake which somehow flings a drop of it into your mouth. Keep away.