PDA

View Full Version : ArrowheadPride "community mock" draft.

Direckshun
03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Keep in mind, this is a mock participated in by community members of AP, just like OTW's is a mock participated in by community members here. I'm going to keep kind-of a running thread on this, because I find this immensely amusing. I used to write for AP and they are great guys, yet sometimes the community can get carried away with itself.

You'll see. Here are the first three picks so far.

1. Lions - LB Aaron Curry (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/10/788295/and-with-the-1-pick-in-the)
2. Rams - OT Jason Smith (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/16/798806/and-with-the-2-pick-in-the)
3. Chiefs - OT Eugene Monroe

Here is the faux GM's post on the Chiefs' pick:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/16/800138/and-with-the-3-pick-in-the

And with the #3 Pick in the Arrowhead Pride Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs Select...

Virginia OT Eugene Monroe

TonyG88 with the pick...

You win Football Games in the trenches and Eugene Monroe is the only guy left worthy of #3 money. The fact that Albert signed a 1st round guards’ contract outside of the top ten in last years draft will make it cap friendly for him to move to RT and solidify the O-line for years to come, barring injuries.

I would have preferred Aaron Curry all day long, but those damn Lions stole the show. We will have to address our LB corp later in the draft or we’ll be back into the Vermeil era of hoping we have the ball last to score and win.

More from CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1117437):

Monroe learned to compete while growing up in a family of 16 that included 10 brothers. He's still not a finished product but battled back from a 2007 knee injury and showed impressive durability in 2008. Monroe has a prototype build to play tackle, with good height, long arms and a strong base, but some scouts have noted that he might carry too much weight in his midsection. Still, he shows excellent footwork, balance and the ability to mirror a defender to maintain his position as a roadblock in pass protection. On running plays, he is nimble enough to take one effective block at a defensive lineman and then hustle to take on a linebacker.

ChiefsCountry
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Well we know TonyG88 is an idiot.

SBK
03-17-2009, 07:26 AM
LMAO

We need another LT guys.

Mecca
03-17-2009, 06:37 PM
What a hilarious mock.

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
They're asking us to mock their community?

Chiefnj2
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh noes, it doesn't say Sanchez. It sucks.

milkman
03-18-2009, 04:27 AM
The Chiefs signed Albert to first round guard money?

And it sucks, nj, because he effectively uses the #3 overall to fill the need at guard or RT.

Epic stupidity.

Chiefnj2
03-18-2009, 08:27 AM

And it sucks, nj, because he effectively uses the #3 overall to fill the need at guard or RT.

Epic stupidity.

If you are upset about the money you can have Monroe play LT and Albert play RT. If Albert is as athletic as people claim he should be able to make the move to the right side. Is it ideal? Nope. But the way this years draft is falling it just might happen. There are a lot worse things than having a great LT and great RT on the same line.

milkman
03-18-2009, 08:33 AM
If you are upset about the money you can have Monroe play LT and Albert play RT. If Albert is as athletic as people claim he should be able to make the move to the right side. Is it ideal? Nope. But the way this years draft is falling it just might happen. There are a lot worse things than having a great LT and great RT on the same line.

Why the fuck would you move the better athlete to the right side?

You want your most atletic, fluid lineman on the left in the NFL.

And no, Monroe is not as athletically gifted as Albert.

milkman
03-18-2009, 08:34 AM
And no, I don't give a rat's ass about the money.

Chiefnj2
03-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Why the **** would you move the better athlete to the right side?

Monroe did just fine at LT in college which is why he is universally regarded as a top 5 prospect. Time will tell whether he can make it in the NFL and whether he will be better or worse than Albert. It is silly to jump to any conclusion about him at this point in his career. Pure athleticism doesn't always mean a player will be great. I think you do care about the money because you mentioned it.

milkman
03-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Monroe did just fine at LT in college which is why he is universally regarded as a top 5 prospect. Time will tell whether he can make it in the NFL and whether he will be better or worse than Albert. It is silly to jump to any conclusion about him at this point in his career. Pure athleticism doesn't always mean a player will be great. I think you do care about the money because you mentioned it.

I mentioned the money because the idiot that did the mock pick at AP used that as a justification for selcting Monroe.

milkman
03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
From the Monroe/Albert scenario thread.

The reason that Albert stayed inside is because he moves better in space, and Viriginia did/does a lot of pulling.

Monroe isn't as gifted athletically as Albert, and doesn't have nearly as fluid foot movement.

In college, you aren't facing the same kind of speed and athleticism week in and week out at DE, you don't have to be the most athletic and fluid LT to succeed.

That's why guys like Robert Gallery and Levi Brown have success in college and struggle in the NFL.

But in the NFL, when you have guy like Dwight Freeny, Julius Peppers, Jared Allen, Shawne "roidman" Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, etc., you need the most athletically gifted O-Lineman on the edge.

Monroe is going to be a good, even outstanding, LT, in the NFl.

But Albert is more athletic, and has quicker feet, and is going to be an elite LT in the NFL.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Epic stupidity.

Why the fuck would you move the better athlete to the right side?

Do you ever sleep?

milkman
03-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Do you ever sleep?

I generally sleep about 4 hours a night, and get a quick power nap sometime during the day.

htismaqe
03-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Um, Robert Gallery dominated in college and has struggled in the pros because:

1) He went to the fucking Raiders. They've never kept him at one position.

2) He's gotten the injury bug.

Robert Gallery is one of the most athletically-gifted tackles I've ever seen.

SNR
03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Say "no" to Eugene Mandarich