PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft I just realized something

Sam Hall
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
The Jets need a quarterback, but they won't draft Josh Freeman because Bill Callahan is their offensive line coach. Bill has probably spilled the beans to Rex Ryan about Freeman's shortcomings.

It's interesting because the Jets pick two spots before Tampa Bay. The Bucs are rumored to love Freeman.

Chiefnj2
03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Do you realize that it has been reported that the Jets have a workout scheduled with Freeman today?

Count Zarth
03-17-2009, 10:06 AM
The Jets want Cutler.

Goapics1
03-17-2009, 10:07 AM
The Jets want Cutler.

So do the Bears.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Jets GM was in Manhattan yesterday...doubt he was sightseeing.

penguinz
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM
The Jets need a quarterback, but they won't draft Josh Freeman because Bill Callahan is their offensive line coach. Bill has probably spilled the beans to Rex Ryan about Freeman's shortcomings.

It's interesting because the Jets pick two spots before Tampa Bay. The Bucs are rumored to love Freeman.FAIL. All the reports say that they want Freeman.

Brock
03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
FAIL. All the reports say that they want Freeman.

That's a fair indicator that they're not at all interested.

Mile High Mania
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Jets, Bears, Bucs, Lions, Vikings... all rumored to have an interest. That's 5 of the possible 8 options out there. I wonder if any of them will get over-aggressive.

Part of me wonders if ol' Danny Snyder looks at Jason Campbell and thinks, "Hmmm... maybe, just maybe."

kstater
03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
By shortcomings, do you mean him pissed off that he couldn't land Freeman?

BigRedChief
03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Callahan is an oline coach?ROFL

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Jones offers Romo and a draft pick for Cutler and then next year hires Shanahan as coach to reunite them. He's crazy enough to do it.

RustShack
03-17-2009, 11:00 AM

It's interesting because the Jets pick two spots before Tampa Bay. The Bucs are rumored to love Freeman.

Or maybe he knows what Freeman brings to the table? I think hes a little better than a lot of you guys give credit for because he played for a bad team.

Sam Hall
03-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I can't see Freeman and Callahan on the same team.

DeezNutz
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
I doubt Callahan is still jaded about Freeman turning down Nebraska.

Unfortunately, you're the only one who still cares.

Kerberos
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Callahan is an oline coach?ROFL

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like a McDonalds Manager losing his job and working as the french fry guy at Sonic.

Same game but waaaaay different level of employment.

Sam Hall
03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I doubt Callahan is still jaded about Freeman turning down Nebraska.

Unfortunately, you're the only one who still cares.

ROFL

StcChief
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Jets, Bears, Bucs, Lions, Vikings... all rumored to have an interest. That's 5 of the possible 8 options out there. I wonder if any of them will get over-aggressive.

Part of me wonders if ol' Danny Snyder looks at Jason Campbell and thinks, "Hmmm... maybe, just maybe."Synder can get past Cuntler's whine.
He'll just have to produce now. Skins with Cooley and wideouts could be dangerous with him. He thinks pressure... The media pressure would be all over him.

penguinz
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I can't see Freeman and Callahan on the same team.Dumb

Brock
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Yea I was thinking the same thing. Kind of like a McDonalds Manager losing his job and working as the french fry guy at Sonic.

Same game but waaaaay different level of employment.

He's apparently AHC too though FWIW

Sam Hall
03-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Losing Freeman was a big deal for Callahan. If Freeman would have signed, than maybe Sam Keller doesn't come to Nebraska and start. The Keller failure was a huge mark against Callahan.

It has worked out for Nebraska fans, but Callahan has to wonder what might have been.

Buehler445
03-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Jets GM was in Manhattan yesterday...doubt he was sightseeing.

PLEASE GOD let the Jets select Freeman. That would go along way to repairing the Herm debacle.

Agent V
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Losing Freeman was a big deal for Callahan. If Freeman would have signed, than maybe Sam Keller doesn't come to Nebraska and start. The Keller failure was a huge mark against Callahan.

It has worked out for Nebraska fans, but Callahan has to wonder what might have been.
I don't think they'd pass on a QB based on their offensive line coach's opinion. Especially if he actually still has contempt for the kid.

Saulbadguy
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Per usual, Sam Hall proclaims the world revolves around Nebraska football.

Sam Hall
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Per usual, Sam Hall proclaims the world revolves around Nebraska football.

ROFL