PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs sign 3.

Pages : 1 [2]

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Maclin would fill two needs.Someone who is a threat to score and shortens the field on STs.Plus an exellent slot reciever.The Chiefs punt and kickoff returns have been pretty bad to awful lately.Field position is huge.So yes-I would draft Maclin with my first pick.

That's an awful use of a top-5 pick. Sorry.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I think Charles can be exactly what Jerious Norwood is for Atlanta.

Maybe James Davis can be our Michael Turner.

If you're looking for a complement to Charles, you get Shonn Greene. Big, powerful, elusive, and won't cost a 1st-day pick likely.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 10:38 AM
He's a badass, I think he had a knee late issue last season. IIRC

He's had little nagging injuries quite a bit IIRC. He had an elbow problem early last season and then something with his leg (might have been a knee) late.

rolstrol
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
A press conference for these scrubs?

I thought Beisel would get a better welcome back than this.

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I thought Beisel would get a better welcome back than this.

He deserves something, IMO. Solely because he was part of the proof that Gunther sucks ass. He was a productive player for the Cardinals when used correctly.

raybec 4
03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
He deserves something, IMO. Solely because he was part of the proof that Gunther sucks ass. He was a productive player for the Cardinals when used correctly.

Obviously Clancy saw something in him, besides the smokin hot fire ass girlfriend.

Micjones
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
well Mecca we all know you have no capability of being objective when it comes to LJ...but for everyone else...his play after his suspension...and I'm not talking about statistics...I'm talking about actual performance...shows he still has plenty in the tank for this season...and beyond.

I don't care either way where he plays next year...but he still has value as a RB in the NFL.

And that's every reason why you don't get emotional about his past and just cut him. This is still a business.

I'm fine with moving him, but only for the right value.
A 5th or 6th Round pick won't cut it.

RustShack
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
LJ has far more value to us than we can get out of him in a trade.

Micjones
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM

Thank you!

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 12:03 PM

somebody has to beat down those mouth girls running around KC....

RustShack
03-19-2009, 12:03 PM
If you're looking for a complement to Charles, you get Shonn Greene. Big, powerful, elusive, and won't cost a 1st-day pick likely.

I hate Iowa, but I think we should draft him.

RustShack
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Wasn't it a girl who wouldn't leave him alone and has been in "bar fights" multiple times? Hes not the only person in the world who would try to get the bitch off of him.

Micjones
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Hopefully that's behind him at this point.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Wasn't it a girl who wouldn't leave him alone and has been in "bar fights" multiple times? Hes not the only person in the world who would try to get the bitch off of him.

Was that the one he pulled the gun on or not? I cant remember, maybe he needs to spend some time in church with Trent Greens sister in law...

Reerun_KC
03-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Hopefully that's behind him at this point.

Yeah and hopefully he gets some fresh diapers... I would rather he be traded but hey, we need someone to cry since Father Vermiel is gone.

Micjones
03-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah and hopefully he gets some fresh diapers... I would rather he be traded but hey, we need someone to cry since Father Vermiel is gone.

I don't mind him being traded if we can get good value for him.
Hell... We'll still have to replace him.
Getting the right value in a trade would help us do that.

Easy 6
03-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm curious as all hell to see what Haley can do with a legitimate running game.

I'm curious to see if he'll truly TRY to establish one. He barely used James, and when he did the results were not very spectacular.

I totally agree, thats maybe the biggest question about this guy...is he Mad Martz part deux?

KC, in my humble opinion, was, is & should always be a great running team...let the coasts get all candy-assed, this is the meat & taters heartland.

Whether or not LJ fits into those plans, i really couldnt care less...he certainly doesnt.

Darth CarlSatan
03-19-2009, 12:12 PM

:eek:LMAO

htismaqe
03-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I hate Iowa, but I think we should draft him.

Why would you hate Iowa? Are you a SUCK-lone fan?

Blick
03-19-2009, 05:41 PM

Greene would work too.

keg in kc
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Why would you hate Iowa? Seriously. That's like hating the Chargers. Or the retarded kid down the block.

kcfanXIII
03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Yep. Don't you?

Charles couldn't stay healthy. Smith's coming off an ACL. LJ may or may not be with the team and even if he is, he's nearly 30.

The Chiefs had to use Dantrell Savage as a starter last year, and please, let's not compare him to Darren Sproles.

They definitely need help.

only problem with your theory dane, without a pass rush, well, you saw last season. whether they draft them or sign FA, the Dline needs help. especially since we're going 3-4, last year's overall 5th pick is useless. dorsey has potential, but the chiefs will waste his career by switching defensive formations. rb is a need, but the names you mentioned and all their problems, are still better than tamba hali, alfonzo boone, and turk mcbride. thankfully we're in agreement that the chiefs are not going to compete for shit this year. unlike hootie, god he's ****ing stupid.

RustShack
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Why would you hate Iowa? Are you a SUCK-lone fan?

They don't suck when it comes to playing Iowa :)