PDA

View Full Version : Life New Resp. disease.

badgirl
03-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Well we have been getting some patients who have a respiratory problem which can be fatal if not treated. I forget the name of it right now, but it is being brought back by the soldiers from Iraq, its something I was told they get through the sand there. Its very contagious. Have any of you guys heard about this? I had 3 patients on the 6th floor when I worked there Sunday night and this is when I found out about it. It is evidentally airborne and as I said contagious and possibly fatal without treatment. We had a 24 year old to die from complications with this respiratory disease last week.

MIAdragon
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Acute Eosinophilic Pneumonia, its quite nasty and can linger on for almost a year.

badgirl
03-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Acute Eosinophilic Pneumonia, its quite nasty and can linger on for almost a year.

No thats not the name, i will ask again and let you know what its called.

bowener
03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I have the flu, and very bad chest cold (like symptoms), am I going to die? Im 24 :(

MIAdragon
03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I have the flu, and very bad chest cold (like symptoms), am I going to die? Im 24 :(

Dude if you want mouth to mouth just ask her!

bowener
03-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Dude if you want mouth to mouth just ask her!

No, I have a girlfriend, and I think thats how I got this, or she got hers.... one or the other.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2009, 08:39 PM
If you were getting something from the sand, it would be silicosis, and that's not contagious.

Jesus Christ, you're a medical professional.

Hog Farmer
03-17-2009, 08:50 PM
It's called "Sandgina"

badgirl
03-17-2009, 09:02 PM
If you were getting something from the sand, it would be silicosis, and that's not contagious.

Its not silicosis and its from the sand, I am not a Dr. I just know what the Dr said. They catch it from the sand and bring this respiratory disease back here and it is in fact contagious. We have to wear masks in the rooms as not to catch it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Its not silicosis and its from the sand, I am not a Dr. I just know what the Dr said. They catch it from the sand and bring this respiratory disease back here and it is in fact contagious. We have to wear masks in the rooms as not to catch it.

You don't catch diseases from sand. You catch them from viruses, fungi, parasites, bacteria, or prions.

badgirl
03-17-2009, 09:12 PM
You don't catch diseases from sand. You catch them from viruses, fungi, parasites, bacteria, or prions.

Well of course, I am just saying they are catching this bacteria, virus, etc. from something in the sand.

BigRedChief
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
It's not new. The arabs have called it sand fly fever for a while. Its a variation of what we already have here in the US. We have many strains of flu/pnemonia that we could be at their total mercy and a modern plague will overtake us all if they evolve and Eurothromycitin is no longer effective. This is just another one of those bugs in that catagory.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Seems to be called bronchiolitis:

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=6567

BigRedChief
03-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Well of course, I am just saying they are catching this bacteria, virus, etc. from something in the sand.
Not really. Only that there is a lot of sand in the country. Its not really a "sand" bug.

badgirl
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
acentobactor bacteria

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Has Rain man added this disease to his death machine? This could shake up the future of some lucky planeteer.

TinyEvel
03-18-2009, 01:54 AM
I have had this disease for several years that causes gagging in women. It's called bigcockitis.

zing.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 03:11 AM
I have had this disease for several years that causes gagging in women. It's called bigcockitis.

zing.

I have felt the side affects from this reoccuring disease.:D

RedDread
03-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Lets just say I am very interested to hear about this based on my current location.

I've had three respiratory illnesses this tour, though the first one was back in the states before we left.

The interesting thing is I haven't heard word one about any sort of respiratory illness caused by the sand over here. I have heard about Silicosis, but not acetobacter bacteria.

In searching for it I don't see anything about transmission through sand & dust particles.

WilliamTheIrish
03-18-2009, 04:26 AM
Lets just say I am very interested to hear about this based on my current location.

I've had three respiratory illnesses this tour, though the first one was back in the states before we left.

The interesting thing is I haven't heard word one about any sort of respiratory illness caused by the sand over here. I have heard about Silicosis, but not acetobacter bacteria.

In searching for it I don't see anything about transmission through sand & dust particles.

She a CNA. She overheard a physician discussing some 'new' respiratory illness. Then passes it on to this board in a half ass manner. Take what she says with a truckload of salt.

RedDread
03-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Come on now, that's a little harsh isn't it? All I would need is the correct name so I can read a bit about it. I did the same thing in 2004 when they stopped giving us the Anthrax Vaccine. The military is not too forthcoming about stuff like this.

BigRedChief
03-18-2009, 06:22 AM

Read my post. It's no more transmitted through sand and dust anymore than any other object it could land on, your skin, clothes, the humvee etc.

I was a Registered Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. I think I know a little about how bacteria is transferred. There is no different behavior from this one than all the rest as to how it transfers to humans.

WilliamTheIrish
03-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Come on now, that's a little harsh isn't it? All I would need is the correct name so I can read a bit about it. I did the same thing in 2004 when they stopped giving us the Anthrax Vaccine. The military is not too forthcoming about stuff like this.

If you meant my post, no I don't think it's harsh at all. The person who started this thread couldn't pronounce, spell or otherwise give you the correct transmission route(s) of this particular virus.

She's probably a nice person. Just ignorant. And after reading several of her threads, she's not somebody I want caring for any loved one of mine.

milkman
03-18-2009, 09:48 AM

She's a medical professional?

Hell if you ever needed proof that the cost of health care is way, way, way........out of hand, this is it right here.

milkman
03-18-2009, 09:48 AM
If you meant my post, no I don't think it's harsh at all. The person who started this thread couldn't pronounce, spell or otherwise give you the correct transmission route(s) of this particular virus.

She's probably a nice person. Just ignorant. And after reading several of her threads, she's not somebody I want caring for any loved one of mine.

Exactly.

DenverChief
03-18-2009, 09:58 AM

are you referring to hemorrhagic fever?

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/Spb/mnpages/dispages/vhf.htm

transmitted thru contact from rodent urine/fecal matter

Hog Farmer
03-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Cough

Fairplay
03-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Some of her posts are private information about patients. That is unprofessional.

Claynus
03-19-2009, 07:44 PM
New BB disease:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4513/kmnzomglfqxhy.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kmnzomglfqxhy.jpg)

Hog Farmer
03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
ROFL

luv
03-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Some of her posts are private information about patients. That is unprofessional.

PHI is personal inforamtion (DOB, name, SSN, address, phone, etc) AND medical information (diagnosis, treatment, medications, etc). I've never seen her give personal details, only medical. Therefore, she has not violated HIPAA regulations in any way.

Hog Farmer
03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
PHI is personal inforamtion (DOB, name, SSN, address, phone, etc) AND medical information (diagnosis, treatment, medications, etc). I've never seen her give personal details, only medical. Therefore, she has not violated HIPAA regulations in any way.

You're just trying to pick a fight with her !!

Manila-Chief
03-19-2009, 08:06 PM
It's called "Badgirls" ....

Fairplay
03-19-2009, 08:06 PM

Stay out of this.

Fairplay
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
New BB disease:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4513/kmnzomglfqxhy.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kmnzomglfqxhy.jpg)

:shake:___:(____:spock:_________:Scanlon:

Pioli Zombie
03-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I think it gets transmitted by opening patients orange juices for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
New BB disease:

Clayton's calling in sick tomorrow with a case of badgrannyitis.

Skip Towne
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM

Who will he call?

boogblaster
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
His momma ...

luv
03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Who will he call?

I can't wait until next week.

PastorMikH
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't know if it is any relation to this or not, but I had something that kicked the snot out of me just over a month ago (started the last couple days of Jan). Major fever, major pain in joints, lots of coughing. For the first time in my life I hurt so bad that dying didn't sound to bad. Went to the Dr, he did the general tests, it wasn't flu or anything like that. According to him, the antibiotics he gave me were pretty potent and also gave me a shot for pain. Took all of the antibiotics, as well as decongestants, 4 motrin every 4 hours, and I still was feeling some of the effects 10 days later. Took me just over a month to get my energy levels back to what they were before I got sick. All in all, I was sick for just over 3 weeks and the cough was still bothering me for 4-5 weeks. I must have cracked a rib coughing as well because it still hurts when I lay on my left side 2.5 months later.

I normally just work through sicknesses and seldom slow down. In 17 years of pastoring, I'd only missed 2-3 times because of being sick. This time it was a doozey!

Claynus
03-19-2009, 09:04 PM

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY BICEP YOU BITCH?

YOU DESTROYED THE LAST YEAR OF WORK WITH ONE SWEEP OF THE CUTTING TOOL IN PHOTOSHOP

Delano
03-19-2009, 09:20 PM

YOU DESTROYED THE LAST YEAR OF WORK WITH ONE SWEEP OF THE CUTTING TOOL IN PHOTOSHOP

I'm not sure what you are typing about.

Did you see how I shrunk badgirl's head!? HAH!

Pioli Zombie
03-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Still laughing about "delema"
Posted via Mobile Device

Claynus
03-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure what you are typing about.

Did you see how I shrunk badgirl's head!? HAH!

DON'T LIE!

YOU ALTERED MY BICEP!

Skip Towne
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM

Balderdash!! My sister can lift more weight than you.

Claynus
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Balderdash!! My sister can lift more weight than you.

YOU FUCK

THE ORIGINAL PIC SHOWS MY GLORY

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6164/13368126687227181108.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13368126687227181108.jpg)

Delano
03-19-2009, 09:25 PM
YOU FUCK

THE ORIGINAL PIC SHOWS MY GLORY

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6164/13368126687227181108.jpg (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13368126687227181108.jpg)

Looks altered, brah. :)

Claynus
03-19-2009, 09:27 PM
OH YEAH?

WELL WHERE DID YOU FIND YOUR "ORIGINAL" PICTURE?

PastorMikH
03-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Looks altered, brah. :)

He should have altered it some more. My daughter has more definition in her biceps than that.

Iowanian
03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey Badgranny, I have a question for a medical professional.

If I gave you a dutch oven, do you think it could cause respiratory illness up to and including Pnuemonia or empheysema?

DeezNutz
03-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Would there be sand in your shit? Because this matters.

Fairplay
03-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't know if it is any relation to this or not, but I had something that kicked the snot out of me just over a month ago (started the last couple days of Jan). Major fever, major pain in joints, lots of coughing. For the first time in my life I hurt so bad that dying didn't sound to bad. Went to the Dr, he did the general tests, it wasn't flu or anything like that. According to him, the antibiotics he gave me were pretty potent and also gave me a shot for pain. Took all of the antibiotics, as well as decongestants, 4 motrin every 4 hours, and I still was feeling some of the effects 10 days later. Took me just over a month to get my energy levels back to what they were before I got sick. All in all, I was sick for just over 3 weeks and the cough was still bothering me for 4-5 weeks. I must have cracked a rib coughing as well because it still hurts when I lay on my left side 2.5 months later.

I normally just work through sicknesses and seldom slow down. In 17 years of pastoring, I'd only missed 2-3 times because of being sick. This time it was a doozey!

That almost made me sick how sick you were.

Sorry to learn that. Sounds like the flu bug kicked you butt.

LiL stumppy
03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
New BB disease:

Lets see a picture of your goofy ass...

luv
03-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Lets see a picture of your goofy ass...

Ummm...keep reading, spunky. Just a few more posts.

LiL stumppy
03-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Ummm...keep reading, spunky. Just a few more posts.

Oh I saw the gay one of him posting himself "flexing"

I am just egging him on for more, the one where he is flexing his flab he calls a muscle is quite humorous.

Dylan
03-20-2009, 12:01 AM
http://www.acinetobacterbaumannii.org/

Earthling
03-20-2009, 12:35 AM
It's called "Sandgina"

ROFLROFL

PastorMikH
03-20-2009, 12:52 AM
That almost made me sick how sick you were.

Sorry to learn that. Sounds like the flu bug kicked you butt.

Doc ran flu tests and they were neg. I don't know what it was, but it was misserable. Doc did say it was resp though. Joints hurt so bad I was sitting in the chair and I told my wife I have at least 17 vertebret - she tells me I have more than that - I reply, I know I have at least 17 because I can count 17 individual points of pain going down my spine. The joints in my big toes felt like someone was driving nails through them.

I wouldn't even wish that stuff on a KU fan (well, not on most of them anyway).

Hog Farmer
03-21-2009, 01:04 PM
New BB disease:

Did somebody photoshop her boobs away ? Please put them back if so !

MIAdragon
03-21-2009, 02:03 PM
He should have altered it some more. My daughter has more definition in her biceps than that.

LMAO thinking the exact same thing.