PDA

View Full Version : Poop As the Pioli turns: three way trade w/ Donks & 'Skins?

Direckshun
03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.dcexaminer.com/sports/Do-Skins-want-Cutler-41399007.html

Do Skins want Cutler?

By John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer 3/18/09

The Redskins reportedly have entered talks about a three-way trade to acquire Jay Cutler and jettison Jason Campbell.

The Redskins have serious interest in Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, an NFL source said Tuesday, and have entered talks about a possible three-way deal to acquire him.

Two NFL sources confirmed the possibility of a three-way trade, with Kansas City being mentioned by one source as a possibility.

The Redskins, through a team spokesman, denied interest in Cutler. However, a league source was adamant that Washington has shown interest.

“They’re trying to do something,” one NFL source said of the Redskins.

“Whether or not it materializes is another matter, but [Redskins owner Dan Snyder] is on this hard. They don’t trust Jason Campbell.”

Cutler is involved in a dispute with Denver after the Broncos had discussions about trading him to New England for quarterback Matt Cassel.

First-year Broncos coach Josh McDaniels met with Culter this past weekend. Afterward, Cutler said he could not trust McDaniels and wanted to be traded.

Denver has said they don’t want to trade Cutler for draft picks, meaning the Redskins or the third team would have to surrender at least one top player. The Redskins could also end up with Denver tight end Tony Scheffler, who is represented by the same agent as Culter — Bus Cook.

Fueling the speculation is the close relationship between former Denver coach Mike Shanahan and Redskins executive vice president Vinny Cerrato. Shanahan, who traded several times with Cerrato while with Denver, could provide the endorsement needed for Cutler.

Also, after the season Cerrato gave Campbell a tepid endorsement as Washington’s quarterback of the future. Campbell is entering the last year of his contract and the Redskins have not had discussions about extending his deal.

Redskins coach Jim Zorn has praised Campbell publicly this offseason.
The strong-armed Cutler, 25, made the Pro Bowl this past season after throwing 25 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. In three seasons he’s tossed 54 touchdowns and 37 interceptions. In 16 games this past season, Campbell threw 13 touchdowns and six interceptions.

Cutler signed a six-year, $48-million contract in 2006. Campbell has a base salary of $2.5 million this season with a cap number of $7.5 million.

Direckshun
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
It should be noted, that the 'Skins have the 13th overall, and their next pick is their 3rd rounder, #80.

DeezNutz
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
And what would be the extent of KC's involvement?

I'm tired and confused.

OnTheWarpath58
03-17-2009, 10:07 PM
And what would be the extend of KC's involvement?

I'm tired and confused.

That's what I'm wondering.

doomy3
03-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Uh, so now we're gonna trade Cassel for Campbell or something? I don't see any way of this happening...

DeezNutz
03-17-2009, 10:09 PM
That's what I'm wondering.

Apparently I've spent too much time in the GoChiefs' failed blowjob thread. Thus the "extend." :cuss:

Hog Farmer
03-17-2009, 10:12 PM

I'm tired and confused.

Redskins get Cutler, Broncos get Cambell and the chiefs get The Broncos and Redskins 1st round pick.

BigRock
03-17-2009, 10:12 PM
The Skins' GM (or whatever his title is) already came out and said they haven't talked to anyone and Campbell is their guy.

SNR
03-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Redskins get Cutler, Broncos get Cambell and the chiefs get The Broncos and Redskins 1st round pick.Sweet! Make it happen, Carl!

Mile High Mania
03-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Heh... this is something thrown at the wall. Hell, I posted something similar yesterday in about 2 sentences. Just as credible.

keg in kc
03-17-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't see how we'd fit into that trade.

KCtotheSB
03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
What is this I don't even

The Bad Guy
03-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Cassel isn't going to be included, so I don't see the point.

Pioli Zombie
03-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Wait a minute. So...KC sends #3 to Denver, Denver sends Cutler and their 1st to Skins, Skins send Campbell to Denver and the 2 # 1's to KC??

That's a great deal for the Chiefs. A great deal for the Skins. But why in crap would Denver trade Cutler and a first for Campbell????
Posted via Mobile Device

bowener
03-17-2009, 10:24 PM
The Skins' GM (or whatever his title is) already came out and said they haven't talked to anyone and Campbell is their guy.

To be fair, isnt that what McDaniels said about Cutler originally?

Frazod
03-17-2009, 10:24 PM
It seems to me that if the Donx want to deal Crybaby, they could trade him for a first rounder, then package that pick and their first rounder and move up high enough to snag one of The Golden Boys. I wonder if that's something former homeboys Pioli and McDaniels would consider? I really wouldn't mind two first round picks, and personally I'm not sold on Stafford or Sanchez.

And 4321 in advance to whichever draftNazi(s) pile(s) all over me for this. :)

Reerun_KC
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Cassel isn't going to be included, so I don't see the point.

Package him up with Thigpen...

Maybe Pioli is going to dump Thigpen...

bowener
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Wait a minute. So...KC sends #3 to Denver, Denver sends Cutler and their 1st to Skins, Skins send Campbell to Denver and the 2 # 1's to KC??

That's a great deal for the Chiefs. A great deal for the Skins. But why in crap would Denver trade Cutler and a first for Campbell????
Posted via Mobile Device

Do they keep our #3 and we get their #12, and the #13????

FAX
03-17-2009, 10:26 PM

I'm tired and confused.

The Skins acquire Cutler, the goats receive Campbell, and the Chiefs receive the goats' first rounder and the Skins' third rounder in exchange for one 2-hour NFL management class.

FAX

Reerun_KC
03-17-2009, 10:26 PM
It seems to me that if the Donx want to deal Crybaby, they could trade him for a first rounder, then package that pick and their first rounder and move up high enough to snag one of The Golden Boys. I wonder if that's something former homeboys Pioli and McDaniels would consider? I really wouldn't mind two first round picks, and personally I'm not sold on Stafford or Sanchez.

Know the feeling... Curry has bust written all over him...

Reerun_KC
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I would trade Thigpen and Cassel for 2 more 1st round picks...

Ebolapox
heh, when did reerun get named reetard?

Ultra Peanut
We give Denver Thigpen, Washington gives us the #13. Obv.

Do they keep our #3 and we get their #12, and the #13????That's a pipe dream, but it would be fucking awesome.

Delano
03-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Do they keep our #3 and we get their #12, and the #13????

Pick 12 and pick 13 are worth 2,350 pts compared with the 2200 of pick 3.

Add that to the pitiful top end of this draft and:

Chiefs = WINNAR in that deal.

Reerun_KC
heh, when did reerun get named reetard?

:shrug:

People are jealous of my Dackman_AP like awesomeness... So they have to try and hate, which usually ends in Epic Fail on thier part...

bowener
I think it would be funnier if we are tied to this trade with the Redskins in another way.

Maybe Pioli heard Snyder has a QB-hardon, so he offered up Cassel for there #13, thus fucking the donks over one more time this offseason.

[just speculation, but until denver trades Cutler, KC will be tied to the trade talks because we possess Matt Cassel]

Baconeater
03-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Of course he did.

MVChiefFan
03-17-2009, 10:32 PM
:cuss: Why I oughta...!!! I think that the fact that we're mentioned as a possibility pretty much means we're not doin' a damn thing.

The Bad Guy
03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Know the feeling... Curry has bust written all over him...

Please tell me how Curry has bust written all over him.

If you don't want him fine, but god damn, the guy is about as sure of a first round pick as I've seen.

DeezNutz
03-17-2009, 10:37 PM
The Skins acquire Cutler, the goats receive Campbell, and the Chiefs receive the goats' first rounder and the Skins' third rounder in exchange for one 2-hour NFL management class.

FAX

This sounds possible.

JASONSAUTO
03-17-2009, 10:40 PM

:hmmm: NICE

FAX
03-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I think it would be funnier if we are tied to this trade with the Redskins in another way.

Maybe Pioli heard Snyder has a QB-hardon, so he offered up Cassel for there #13, thus ****ing the donks over one more time this offseason.

[just speculation, but until denver trades Cutler, KC will be tied to the trade talks because we possess Matt Cassel]

ROFL

That would be good, Mr. bowener. Especially if we could work it out where the Skins negotiate day and night for two solid weeks with Denver and, after haggling over a few final, minor contract details, are just about to pull the trigger on acquiring Cutler and then ... BAM!!! at the last second, they give us their 1st and 3rd for Cassel and LJ.

FAX

Reerun_KC
03-17-2009, 11:01 PM

If you don't want him fine, but god damn, the guy is about as sure of a first round pick as I've seen.

IF you pick him about the same spot as you picked DJ then no, but he cant rush the passer. You cant spend that kind of a pick on a non impact player...

Just like the QB's are a bust, Taking an OLB at the 3 is setting the kid up for failure to ever live up to that high of a pick...

splatbass
03-17-2009, 11:19 PM
IF you pick him about the same spot as you picked DJ then no, but he cant rush the passer. You cant spend that kind of a pick on a non impact player...

Just like the QB's are a bust, Taking an OLB at the 3 is setting the kid up for failure to ever live up to that high of a pick...

If there is no one worth the #3 available and you can't find someone to trade down with you take the best you can get whether he is worth #3 or not. That is just reality. It isn't what you want to do, but what choice do you have?

Reerun_KC
03-17-2009, 11:22 PM
If there is no one worth the #3 available and you can't find someone to trade down with you take the best you can get whether he is worth #3 or not. That is just reality. It isn't what you want to do, but what choice do you have?

Yep thats right, IF you dont want a QBoTF all you might be left with is DJ part 2...

Buehler445
03-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Weather? You REALLY hate categories don't you?

Der Flöprer
03-17-2009, 11:27 PM
If we could somehow parlay the 3 into the 12 and 13, I may have an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours.

Thig Lyfe
03-17-2009, 11:31 PM
If we could somehow parlay the 3 into the 12 and 13, I may have an erection that lasts longer than 4 years.

WHAM BAM

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Heh... this is something thrown at the wall. Hell, I posted something similar yesterday in about 2 sentences. Just as credible.

You guys losing Cutler is just damn right hilarious. Hell, I can't remember Carl ever screwing up this bad. I love it. So what your take on it anyway? Does Cutler suck now LOL?

ChiefMojo
03-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Umm, we have our QB of the future... his name is Matt Cassel! Stafford is likely gone to Detriot and at this moment Sanchez can't hold Cassel's jock and may never do so (I'm not a big Sanchez fan). There is absolutely no need to draft another QB early!

Aaron Curry is about the surest thing there is in this draft. He is the complete package when it comes to the LB spot.

MadMax
03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Sweet! Make it happen, Carl!

Who's Carl?:shrug:

J Diddy
03-17-2009, 11:39 PM
You guys losing Cutler is just damn right hilarious. Hell, I can't remember Carl ever screwing up this bad. I love it. So what your take on it anyway? Does Cutler suck now LOL?

See that's where I disagree. They aren't going to lose cutler, he's under contract. All this crying jumping up and down, etc. Isn't going to shift that control to cutler.

Der Flöprer
03-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Umm, we have our QB of the future... his name is Matt Cassel! Stafford is likely gone to Detriot and at this moment Sanchez can't hold Cassel's jock and may never do so (I'm not a big Sanchez fan). There is absolutely no need to draft another QB early!

Aaron Curry is about the surest thing there is in this draft. He is the complete package when it comes to the LB spot.

Why?

DaneMcCloud
03-17-2009, 11:46 PM

True Fan Alert

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:47 PM
See that's where I disagree. They aren't going to lose cutler, he's under contract. All this crying jumping up and down, etc. Isn't going to shift that control to cutler.

Trust me dude. He's gone. If Bowlen came out, and says we might lose him, which he did, they're gonna lose him. I would be willing to bet on it. That relationship is not going to work, unless Dver gives him a 90 mil+ contract. Do you hink they're gonna give that much money to guy that they're so sold on that they tried to trade him. Not gonna happen, and Cutler won't be playing in Dungver next season.

Der Flöprer
03-17-2009, 11:47 PM
True Fan Alert

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNIM4XSRo1M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNIM4XSRo1M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SBK
03-17-2009, 11:51 PM
The only thing Cutler has proven this off-season is that he's a whiney ass pussy.

booger
03-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I could see it as the #13 and Cambell to DEN, maybe another mid rounder, Cutler to WASH, then KC's #3 for the 12 and 13.

But to see a team move up this soon would be strange. Maybe the week of or days before the draft.

Denver would have Cambell and Simms to compete and could take Stafford if DET doesnt or Sanchez who might not last till 12 and let the young qb learn for a year or just want to jump up to get ahead of teams for BJ Raji to be their 34 NT.

SBK
03-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Let me add one more thing, if this pile of trash was true I'd love for us to be involved in another deal this off-season that hurts Denver.

SBK
03-17-2009, 11:53 PM
I could see it as the #13 and Cambell to DEN, maybe another mid rounder, Cutler to WASH, then KC's #3 for the 12 and 13.

But to see a team move up this soon would be strange. Maybe the week of or days before the draft.

Denver would have Cambell and Simms to compete and could take Stafford if DET doesnt or Sanchez who might not last till 12 and let the young qb learn for a year or just want to jump up to get ahead of teams for BJ Raji to be their 34 NT.

12+13>3 in this draft.

splatbass
03-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Yep thats right, IF you dont want a QBoTF all you might be left with is DJ part 2...

Like him or not we already have our QBotF.

MadMax
03-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Trust me dude. He's gone. If Bowlen came out, and says we might lose him, which he did, they're gonna lose him. I would be willing to bet on it. That relationship is not going to work, unless Dver gives him a 90 mil+ contract. Do you hink they're gonna give that much money to guy that they're so sold on that they tried to trade him. Not gonna happen, and Cutler won't be playing in Dungver next season.

Oh please dear God let the Chiefs trade Cassel for him and their second pick..I know it won't happen.

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:54 PM

Man that would be great to have 12, 13. I would JIMP if we pulled that off.

MadMax
03-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Like him or not we already have our QBotF.

I don't like him lol and if you for one freakin iota of a second think Matt fuckin Cassel is A QBOTF you sir are a very misguided person.

beach tribe
03-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh please dear God let the Chiefs trade Cassel for him and their second pick..I know it won't happen.

If we did do that, we would have added Cutler, and Vrabel for virtually a pick swap. Too good o be true, i will never happen. That said, the way these very smart football people, McDaniels, Pioli, etc. have acted, I'm not sure i would trade Cassel for Cutler if it was straight up.

booger
03-18-2009, 12:00 AM
12+13>3 in this draft.

yep. McDaniels could have his young qb to groom or his NT in which Mike Nolan will probably run more of a true 34.

We could have a shot at either Malaulga or Cushing plus another pick like Oher if he slides that far, A. Smith who would be worth either for RT. Or heyward-bey or even Percy Harvin as a multi purpose WR/RB/Wildcat QB and returner.

booger
03-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Man that would be great to have 12, 13. I would JIMP if we pulled that off.

same here

beach tribe
03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I don't like him lol and if you for one freakin iota of a second think Matt ****in Cassel is A QBOTF you sir are a very misguided person.

You don't know if he is any better than he does. You know who does think he is? A lot of people who know a hell of a lot more about a QBOTF than any of us.
I'll stick with them for now, and say I believe he IS our QBOTF.

SBK
03-18-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't like him lol and if you for one freakin iota of a second think Matt ****in Cassel is A QBOTF you sir are a very misguided person.

I'm on record here as wanting Stafford and not wanting to trade for Cassel, but you don't give up the #34 pick in the draft for bench fodder. He's the guy Pioli has chosen to build this team around.

Reerun_KC
03-18-2009, 12:12 AM

ROFL

That is priceless!

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 12:15 AM
I want to say Campbell is a free agent after this year. Say we traded Cassell to the Redskins for Campbell & 12/13, and they shipped Cassell to Denver for Cutler and 12. We could get Sanchez, let Campbell play this year and let him walk/develop Sanchez and with 12 and 13 get say Rey Maualuga and Vontae Davis. If Pioli could pull this off he would be a genius. And I will wake up now from this dream.

MadMax
03-18-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm on record here as wanting Stafford and not wanting to trade for Cassel, but you don't give up the #34 pick in the draft for bench fodder. He's the guy Pioli has chosen to build this team around.

Oh I have no doubt Pioli has chosen him to be the starter here, I just question his judgment.. But hey I'm no mastermind nor even a candidate for any GM position as of today. But when they fire Pioli I will be 1st in line................But when Cassel falls apart I will be watching for the peeps who touted him as being a very good QB and they shall be called on it.

Ultra Peanut
03-18-2009, 12:16 AM
<strike>Aaron Curry</strike> Derrick Johnson is about the surest thing there is in this draft. He is the complete package when it comes to the LB spot.oh hi i upgraded your post

splatbass
03-18-2009, 12:18 AM

It doesn't matter what you or I think, it appears that Pioli and Haley think he is the QBotF.

MadMax
03-18-2009, 12:21 AM
It doesn't matter what you or I think, it appears that Pioli and Haley think he is the QBotF.

I know :) Just gotta go with it for now. I'm really not trying to be an ass just my opinion.

philfree
03-18-2009, 12:22 AM
You don't know if he is any better than he does. You know who does think he is? A lot of people who know a hell of a lot more about a QBOTF than any of us.
I'll stick with them for now, and say I believe he IS our QBOTF.

Of the present and the future unless Pioli suprises us all and picks a Qb with our 1st pick. I think the chances of that happening are far greater then Pioli trading Cassel. Cassel is Pioli's diamond in the rough QB just like Brady was. I'm not saying I think Cassel will be anything close to the next Tom Brady either. I am kind of suprised that so many are discounting him him though. To me he's a guy who's easy to root for. He's a cinderella story getting his chance and making the most out of it. He played in 16 games last year and went 11-5 and he finished 4-0 and was in the thick of the playoff race at the time. The pressure was on and he delivered. What's not to like?

PhilFree:arrow:

MadMax
03-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Of the present and the future unless Pioli suprises us all and picks a Qb with our 1st pick. I think the chances of that happening are far greater then Pioli trading Cassel. Cassel is Pioli's diamond in the rough QB just like Brady was. I'm not saying I think Cassel will be anything close to the next Tom Brady either. I am kind of suprised that so many are discounting him him though. To me he's a guy who's easy to root for. He's a cinderella story getting his chance and making the most out of it. He played in 16 games last year and went 11-5 and he finished 4-0 and was in the thick of the playoff race at the time. The pressure was on and he delivered. What's not to like?

ok Phil I do like Cinderella stories, there ya happy? I will not root for him to fail I will hope he succeeds. Believe me we as Chiefs fans deserve it as much as anyone.

beach tribe
03-18-2009, 12:38 AM

Cassel was not the route I wanted to go to find our guy, but after seeing the deal we got him for, and Vrabel as part of the package, it's hard to not be satisfied with it.I really think Vrabel's leadership is going to help the D. We've really been missing a veteran leader on that side of the ball for a long time. Donnie Edwards just wasn't a leader. I'm so pumped. I've spent over $400 on jerseys since Herm was fired to represent my boys at the bar where I tend on Sundays. Got some great Jerseys. Authentic DT, PH, Dorsey, Okoye, Montana, Delaney etc. E-bay is the shit for jerseys. I got a beautiful DT jersey. It has a big patch at the bottom that says players of the cntury, and a mini name, and # plate under it. For $25!!! I'm so ready to wear some red.

SBK
03-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Oh I have no doubt Pioli has chosen him to be the starter here, I just question his judgment.. But hey I'm no mastermind nor even a candidate for any GM position as of today. But when they fire Pioli I will be 1st in line................But when Cassel falls apart I will be watching for the peeps who touted him as being a very good QB and they shall be called on it.

I hope he ends up being the best QB KC has ever had.

philfree
03-18-2009, 12:41 AM
ok Phil I do like Cinderella stories, there ya happy? I will not root for him to fail I will hope he succeeds. Believe me we as Chiefs fans deserve it as much as anyone.

I don't know about that. I'm not really the ya happy type. We do deserve some success and that's an understatement.

MadMax
03-18-2009, 12:44 AM

Sadly he doesn't have that much competition for that spot. But Here's to the best for the young man :toast:

beach tribe
03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
http://www.retailslashers.com/thomasr.html

Here's one. I have true authentics, and acouple of different kinds on knockoffs. These are the best quality knockoffs out there. Very nice, heavy weight jersey. Get one, They're sweet, and I actually think they fit better than the authentics.

Got a patch for the neck, and LH patches for the shoulder on the way. I'm so ready to represent my boys. I'm all alone in my bar, besides a young kid.
If I'm going to be Chiefs guy, I'm gonna represent some of our greats in style.

Can't wait to get a Cassel, and if TG stays, I'm gonna get his authentic too. That will put me at 9.

BigRock
03-18-2009, 12:46 AM
To be fair, isnt that what McDaniels said about Cutler originally?

Right, and how has Cutler reacted?

Any team that is seriously going after him isn't going to issue "Nah, we're happy with our guy" smokescreen statements and risk getting the little drama queen all pissy at them. Jay probably already locked himself in his room, pulled the drapes, and is sobbing into his pillow at the mere suggestion that Washington would rather have Jason Campbell than him.

And if they were only lying, how can he ever trust them? He's so big on trust.

MadMax
03-18-2009, 12:47 AM
I don't know about that. I'm not really the ya happy type. We do deserve some success and that's an understatement.

Didn't mean to dis ya bro just my figure of speech :( Wild turkey season is in session tonight and I'm just voicing my opinion.

beavis
03-18-2009, 12:48 AM
I want to say Campbell is a free agent after this year. Say we traded Cassell to the Redskins for Campbell & 12/13, and they shipped Cassell to Denver for Cutler and 12. We could get Sanchez, let Campbell play this year and let him walk/develop Sanchez and with 12 and 13 get say Rey Maualuga and Vontae Davis. If Pioli could pull this off he would be a genius. And I will wake up now from this dream.

That's quite an imagination you have there.

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2009, 01:08 AM

When you're number's up, make sure you kick HIGH on that chorus line!

:D

StcChief
03-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Redskins get Cutler, Broncos get Cambell and the chiefs get The Broncos and Redskins 1st round pick.LMAO
Pioli the evil genious horn swaggles them.... ROFL

bigdreams1
03-18-2009, 08:55 AM

That would be a blockbuster. I would take Rey and Oher with 12 and 13 though. That would be something. Campbell, Sanchez, Rey, and Oher. WOW

philfree
03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
That would be a blockbuster. I would take Rey and Oher with 12 and 13 though. That would be something. Campbell, Sanchez, Rey, and Oher. WOW

I've heard and read where many including Mike Mayock think Mualuga is only a two down LB. I don't think a two down LB is worth a top 15 pick.

Molitoth
03-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Trading down our #3 for the #12 and the #13 would be great.

King_Chief_Fan
03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78521

Orangemane posted a blurb from KOA....
More draft picks and draft Stafford:hmmm:

kchero
03-18-2009, 01:41 PM
No...nothing to see here
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2009/03/cerrato_redskins_not_pursuing.html

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Claythan's a virgin.

Hootie bangs "1's".

FAX is a funny guy.

Chocolate Hog
03-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Gotta log-in to see the orangemane but it's not worth registering cause the Broncomods are douches.

The Washington Post link didn't work

Goapics1
03-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Gotta log-in to see the orangemane but it's not worth registering cause the Broncomods are douches.

Try this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204371

kchero

It should work now...it is a deniel from the Washington brass....this trade rumor is simular to the one being discussed with the browns replacing the chiefs in the deal so it doesn't hold much merit.

Goapics1
Or this.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204386

kchero
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Try this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204371

Well this thread we are on is an official RE-POST.

Chocolate Hog
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks. I signed up wonder if they'll let me post the other Broncos Board won't.

FAX
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
The last thing I want to be involved in is a three-way with goats and some redskins.

FAX

Chocolate Hog
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
The 3rd for the 12th & 13? That'd be a great trade.

Bearcat2005
03-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I swear this must be the third time today....

vailpass
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
I miss Big Daddy. When he posted about 3-ways it was never dissapointing.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 02:44 PM
There needs to be a thread focused on teams not involved in trade rumors with Denver...

CaliforniaChief
03-18-2009, 02:47 PM
The last thing I want to be involved in is a three-way with goats and some redskins.

FAX

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Rooster
03-18-2009, 02:51 PM
There needs to be a thread focused on teams not involved in trade rumors with Denver...

LMAO I think it would save us all some time.

FAX
03-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I could make a consolidation thread.

FAX

aturnis
03-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't see how we'd fit into that trade.

So far noone does.

The only way I'd see this happening is that the skins would trade for cutler, and the Broncos would want to move up into our spot to get Stafford.

If nothing comes of this, and come our 3rd pick in the draft and Stafford's still there, I don't think it'd be too far fetched to assume that someone(Washington, Minnesota, whoever) would trade with the Donkeys and the Donks trade into our spot to get him.

I know it's not good business to do direct business with a division rival like that, but if their hand is forced, b/c Cutlers unhappiness, and McDaniels and Pioli's relationship, I could see something going down. That said, I think it would have to be done indirectly.

It's definitely VERY unlikely, but plausible.

Coogs
03-18-2009, 04:45 PM
They were talking Browns/Bronco's/Chiefs and/or Lions/Broncos/Chiefs on NFLLive this afternoon. I guess where there is enough smoke, there is usually fire.

If Cassel does wind up going to the Donk's, I would guess Stafford and Sanchez would be right back at the top of our draft board.

tboss27
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I just can't believe we could get two mid round 1st and only give up the 3rd overall. It would be the deal of a lifetime if Pioli could get this done.

Tribal Warfare
03-18-2009, 04:51 PM

Pioli, FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey23545
03-18-2009, 04:53 PM

That retard couldn't spot a bust if it had nipples on it.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't think so but it's possible since we haven't signed Cassel long term.

Redskins get Cutler
Broncos get Cassel
Chiefs get draft pick compensation from Broncos/Redskins

But i don't imagine this draft could happen until the Chiefs are on-the-clock and know that the QB they want is available.

Molitoth
03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't think so but it's possible since we haven't signed Cassel long term.

Redskins get Cutler
Broncos get Cassel
Chiefs get draft pick compensation from Broncos/Redskins

But i don't imagine this draft could happen until the Chiefs are on-the-clock and know that the QB they want is available.

That would be sick to have #3, #12, #13, and Vrable. Too bad isn't isn't the greatest projected draft class.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 05:05 PM
That would be sick to have #3, #12, #13, and Vrable. Too bad isn't isn't the greatest projected draft class.
We don't know what the draft compensation would be. It might not be all 1st round picks. We might get a 1st from one and a 3rd from the other or something.

who knows.

But like i said, anything is possible until we sign Cassel to a long term contract.

tboss27
03-18-2009, 05:14 PM

I'm not sure which part is less likely, you dreaming up us trading Cassel less than a month after acquiring him or thinking we would take a CB in the first round. You can only start two, its the position we are deepest at with young talent.

gta0012
03-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't think were letting go of cassel

tonyetony
03-18-2009, 05:40 PM

I think vegas would safely give a billion to one odds on that happening. For everyone hoping that Cassel isn't our QB it's time to accept it and move on until we see how looks in red and gold.

milkman
03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
The only way I see a deal here is that the Chiefs somehow end up with the Donkeys #12 overall, the Skins #13 overall, the Donkeys end up with the Chiefs #3 overall, and the Skins end up with Jay Cutler.

And Jason Campbell gets moved in all of that as well.

That would take some serious wrangling to get done.

JASONSAUTO
03-18-2009, 05:48 PM
The only way I see a deal here is that the Chiefs somehow end up with the Donkeys #12 overall, the Skins #13 overall, the Donkeys end up with the Chiefs #3 overall, and the Skins end up with Jay Cutler.

That would take some serious wrangling to get done.

IMO that would be GREAT

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 06:03 PM

That would take some serious wrangling to get done.If we aren't going to take a QB at #3 then this deal would be really good for us.

Coogs
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
They were still talking Lions/Broncos/Chiefs on NFLLive (mentioned Cleveland instead of the Lions first though).

How about this...

Broncos's send Cutler to Lions for #20 and #33.
Chiefs now send Cassel to Broncos for #20 and #48

Lions have Cutler and still have thier #1
Broncos have Cassel, #12, and #33
Chiefs have #3, #20, #48

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure which part is less likely, you dreaming up us trading Cassel less than a month after acquiring him or thinking we would take a CB in the first round. You can only start two, its the position we are deepest at with young talent.

Flowers is a #2 corner and Carr is more suited for nickel. There is no real pass rusher at that spot either.

orange
03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
They were still talking Lions/Broncos/Chiefs on NFLLive (mentioned Cleveland instead of the Lions first though).

How about this...

Chiefs have #3, #20, #48

Basically you have the Broncos getting Cassel and #33 for Cutler. That won't wash. They had better offers than this and turned them down. I think you (and some in the media) are vastly overestimating the Broncos' desperation to dump Cutler. They OWN him for three more years - plus maybe two more with the franchise tag depending on the new CBA. If they trade out for some low-grade QB like Cassel or Campbell, they're not going to go anywhere in the post-season, anyway, so they have no reason to dump Cutler just because. Any trade would have to actually make sense.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Basically you have the Broncos getting Cassel and #33 for Cutler. That won't wash. They had better offers than this and turned them down. I think you (and some in the media) are vastly overestimating the Broncos' desperation to dump Cutler. They OWN him for three more years - plus maybe two more with the franchise tag depending on the new CBA. If they trade out for some low-grade QB like Cassel or Campbell, they're not going to go anywhere in the post-season, anyway, so they have no reason to dump Cutler just because. Any trade would have to actually make sense.

What has Denver been offered?

If you think your HC wouldn't trade Cutler for the #33 and Cassel, new McDonkeyson's dreamboat quarterback, you're nuts. Josh would gladly service section 117 at 1 Arrowhead for the right to shake Cassel's hand after our teams' first meeting.

kcpasco
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Cassel is a low grade qb?

You might want to tell your coach that :p

orange
03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
What has Denver been offered?

If you think your HC wouldn't trade Cutler for the #33 and Cassel, new McDonkeyson's dreamboat quarterback, you're nuts. Josh would gladly service section 117 at 1 Arrowhead for the right to shake Cassel's hand after our teams' first meeting.

They were going to get Cassel and a first rounder from Detroit or Tampa Bay however you slice the various rumors from two weeks ago.

"My" coach turned down Cassel plus a first round pick for Cutler. There's no other way to read that than that he valued Cutler more highly than Cassel.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Basically you have the Broncos getting Cassel and #33 for Cutler. That won't wash. They had better offers than this and turned them down. I think you (and some in the media) are vastly overestimating the Broncos' desperation to dump Cutler. They OWN him for three more years - plus maybe two more with the franchise tag depending on the new CBA. If they trade out for some low-grade QB like Cassel or Campbell, they're not going to go anywhere in the post-season, anyway, so they have no reason to dump Cutler just because. Any trade would have to actually make sense.um ... i think what started all your donk problems in the first place is that your Head Coach prefers Matt "low-grade" Cassel over Cutler. ROFL

Coogs
03-18-2009, 06:22 PM

It's going to cost you your #48 as well. :p

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 06:23 PM
They were going to get Cassel and a first rounder from Detroit or Tampa Bay however you slice the various rumors from two weeks ago.

You don't really believe that Denver nixed that proposal, do you?

orange
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
um ... i think what started all your donk problems in the first place is that your Head Coach prefers Matt "low-grade" Cassel over Cutler. ROFL

See message #99.

orange
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
You don't really believe that Denver nixed that proposal, do you?

Yes. Absolutely.

Because the alternative has Belichick turning down a better offer to help out the Chiefs at the expense of his own team and that's ludicrous.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 06:27 PM
See message #99.It makes no sense. If your Head Coach didn't value Cassel higher than Cutler he NEVER would of been talking about a trade in the first place and Cutler would of never gotten his man-gina hurt.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes. Absolutely.

Because the alternative has Belichick turning down a better offer to help out the Chiefs at the expense of his own team and that's ludicrous.Unless he had already agreed to the trade deal with Kansas City.

orange
03-18-2009, 06:28 PM
It makes no sense. If your Head Coach didn't value Cassel higher than Cutler he NEVER would of been talking about a trade in the first place and Cutler would of never gotten his man-gina hurt.

"Cassel PLUS pick" - that's what he was considering.

Say that again - roll it around in your mind. "Cassel PLUS pick."

Coogs
03-18-2009, 06:29 PM
It makes no sense. If your Head Coach didn't value Cassel higher than Cutler he NEVER would of been talking about a trade in the first place and Cutler would of never gotten his man-gina hurt.

This!

orange
03-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Unless he had already agreed to the trade deal with Kansas City.

Umm...

If that were the case, Belichick would have said so THE FIRST TIME. At least THREE separate proposals were made according to the sources (one involving Detroit, two separate ones involving Tampa bay).

The obvious conclusion is that these proposals didn't get as far as New England to tamp them down.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Unless he had already agreed to the trade deal with Kansas City.

Given how the situation has continued to spiral out of control in Denver, I think this is looking like the more logical explanation.

Edit: I'm not sure what orange is referring to with the "first BB comments."

Coogs
03-18-2009, 06:32 PM

And since this is a fact, maybe I should revise the deal.

Cutler to the Lions for #20 and #33 (which is essentially 2 firsts)
Cassel to the Broncos for #12 and #48

There! That sounds better.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
"Cassel PLUS pick" - that's what he was considering.

Say that again - roll it around in your mind. "Cassel PLUS pick."
So according to you, your Head Coach was preparing to downgrade at the most important position on the team for an extra draft pick?

That goes completely against what everyone else in the league is doing.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Donkey fans, let this roll off your tongue, la la la la:

Your coach loves, lo lo lo loves, our quarterback.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
And since this is a fact, maybe I should revise the deal.

Cutler to the Lions for #20 and #33 (which is essentially 2 firsts)
Cassel to the Broncos for #12 and #48

There! That sounds better.
I like the way you think! LMAO

orange
03-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Edit: I'm not sure what orange is referring to with the "first BB comments."

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Are you asking about one of my posts on a different thread?

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Umm...

If that were the case, Belichick would have said so THE FIRST TIME. At least THREE separate proposals were made according to the sources (one involving Detroit, two separate ones involving Tampa bay).

The obvious conclusion is that these proposals didn't get as far as New England to tamp them down.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Are you asking about one of my posts on a different thread?

orange
03-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Okay. Read that again. Answer is right there.

IF Detroit+Denver went to Belichick and said "we want to trade for Cassel" AND IF Belichick said "Cassel is gone..."

THEN there would have been NO reason for Denver to go back with Tampa Bay even ONE time, let alone TWO.

Got it?

orange
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM

um ... i think what started all your donk problems in the first place is that your Head Coach prefers Matt "low-grade" Cassel over Cutler. ROFL

This!

Donkey fans, let this roll off your tongue, la la la la:

Your coach loves, lo lo lo loves, our quarterback.

How about this...

Chiefs have #3, #20, #48

Question: If Cassel ISN'T a low-grade QB, why are Chiefs fans like yourselves so intent on trading him?

Brock
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Cassel isn't going anywhere.

DeezNutz
Question: If Cassel ISN'T a low-grade QB, why are Chiefs fans like yourselves so intent on trading him?

Though I haven't suggested trading Cassel...

I never wanted him in the first place because I wanted to draft Sanchez/Stafford. That said, a better question would be:

Why does your HC keep writing sonnets about KC's new quarterback? Is it because HE thinks Cassel is low-grade?

Coogs
Question: If Cassel ISN'T a low-grade QB, why are Chiefs fans so intent on trading him?

First off, I don't know that I would trade him. BUT, if we could have him on our roster for a month, and parlay that month into th #12 and #48 pick for our #34 pick, then I would say do the deal. That is pretty good value for 1 month... plus we got Vrabel.

And, I am not so sure I would rather not have Stafford or Sanchez over the long haul anyway.

ncCHIEFfan

Dude no way do we want capbell on our team

BryanBusby
03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Let me tell you, I sure love me a good 3 way.

No extra dudes though, that's gross.

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 07:02 PM

How about this...

Chiefs have #3, #20, #48

Hypothetical draft if that went down for the Chiefs based off Walter's latest mock:
3) Sanchez, QB
20) Rey Maualuga, LB
48) Ron Brace, NT

Talk about a nice way to rebuild.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 07:02 PM
First off, I don't know that I would trade him. BUT, if we could have him on our roster for a month, and parlay that month into th #12 and #48 pick for our #34 pick, then I would say do the deal. That is pretty good value for 1 month... plus we got Vrabel.

And, I am not so sure I would rather not have Stafford or Sanchez over the long haul anyway.
This

milkman
03-18-2009, 07:06 PM

How about this...

Chiefs have #3, #20, #48

There isn't anyone that wants Sanchez as the Chiefs QBoTF more than me, but we aren't going to draft him and Cassel, for better or worse, is ours.

So you might as well get used to the idea.
We aren't trading Cassel.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Nothing is impossible... but, I just don't see how there is a real deal in the works regarding KC. I could see some sort of trifecta including any 3 of the following: Tampa, Detroit, WAS, CAR... but that's about it. I would say CHI, but I doubt it, they seem hell bent on not having a good QB. That being said... Coogs li'l theory has some merit to it, but that's why it wouldn't work. And, could you really see a trade between KC and Denver at this point?

rad
03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Nothing is impossible... but, I just don't see how there is a real deal in the works regarding KC. I could see some sort of trifecta including any 3 of the following: Tampa, Detroit, WAS, CAR... but that's about it. I would say CHI, but I doubt it, they seem hell bent on not having a good QB. That being said... Coogs li'l theory has some merit to it, but that's why it wouldn't work. And, could you really see a trade between KC and Denver at this point?

Minnesota is loose with their draft picks don't forget. Although I don't know what picks they have this year. If Minnesota gets a half-decent QB, they'd be a lock for the North.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Minnesota is loose with their draft picks don't forget. Although I don't know what picks they have this year. If Minnesota gets a half-decent QB, they'd be a lock for the North.

That's the crazy thing... in that offense, Jay could thrive and MIN would be set... on paper. But, I dunno if they could pull it off.

Sadly, all this drama has me at the point of accepting whatever happens. I was stoked when McJackass was hired... now, just worn out.

If they do trade Cutler... McJackass is on thin ice with me and the margin for error is thin. The new HC created this mess and we're going to have to deal with it... be careful what you ask for.

Buck
03-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Redskins are my 2nd favorite team.

If Cutler is their QB, I'll be pissed.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Weird...

rad
03-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Bullshit. We all know the Chiefs are your 2nd fave.

Closet-dweller ;)

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Cassel isn't going anywhere.

Exactly

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey - if interested ... PIT beating DEN in the AFC Championship is about to be on NFLN.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
The only kind of deal I could see with KC involved would be Denver recieving KC's number 3 overall plus another pick or 2 from Washington. Maybe a high pick for next year involved. Washington recieving Cutler and the Chiefs picking up Denver and Washington's 1st rounders. Even that sounds far fetched though.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Hell ... I think it's all far fetched.

I still think this drama ends with Cutler getting a fat new paycheck from Bowlen. And, I'm fine with that... I think that is Cook's ultimate goal. You look at most polls on the various sites out there and DEN fans want Cutler to stay, so I think that will be the result.

Obviously, I'd like that to be the result... but we'll see. Money cures most things.

Mr. Krab
03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Hell ... I think it's all far fetched.

I still think this drama ends with Cutler getting a fat new paycheck from Bowlen. And, I'm fine with that... I think that is Cook's ultimate goal. You look at most polls on the various sites out there and DEN fans want Cutler to stay, so I think that will be the result.

Obviously, I'd like that to be the result... but we'll see. Money cures most things.
agreed, but it's fun to talk about. :)

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
agreed, but it's fun to talk about. :)

Agreed... and I don't want to take that away from you guys ... :evil: ... it's expected and we would do the same.

tboss27
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Hypothetical draft if that went down for the Chiefs based off Walter's latest mock:
3) Sanchez, QB
20) Rey Maualuga, LB
48) Ron Brace, NT

Talk about a nice way to rebuild.

I can't wait til the draft is over and we still have Cassel so I can stop reading all the crap the Sanchez worshipers keep formulating in their heads about how we are still interested in drafting a QB 1st round. I know you all don't think Cassel is the answer, and I hate to burst your bubble, but Pioli and Haley do think he's the answer. We're not trading him to the Broncos for their entire draft like some on here seem to think is possible, he's our QB end of story. If the Broncos and Skins want to bend over and give us the #12/13 to us for #3 and the Skins get Cutler then I'll be giddy. If we make a trade it's going to be for more picks, it's NOT going to be for a different QB or picks to acquire a different QB.

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I can't wait til the draft is over and we still have Cassel so I can stop reading all the crap the Sanchez worshipers keep formulating in their heads about how we are still interested in drafting a QB 1st round. I know you all don't think Cassel is the answer, and I hate to burst your bubble, but Pioli and Haley do think he's the answer. We're not trading him to the Broncos for their entire draft like some on here seem to think is possible, he's our QB end of story. If the Broncos and Skins want to bend over and give us the #12/13 to us for #3 and the Skins get Cutler then I'll be giddy. If we make a trade it's going to be for more picks, it's NOT going to be for a different QB or picks to acquire a different QB.

Hey dumbfuck did you read his trade prospal that is the one I was commenting on. Until this Cutler bullshit flys over we are still going to be hearing about it.

tboss27
03-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey dumb**** did you read his trade prospal that is the one I was commenting on. Until this Cutler bullshit flys over we are still going to be hearing about it.

Yeah I did, and then I read your comment about what we should draft if that were to happen. Let me save you some time, you don't need to worry about it happening cause it's not going to. We're not drafting Sanchez. We're not trading Cassel. Anyone who thinks we might is off their rocker. Cutler being a little girl has no bearing on who our QB is going to be next year. If Cutler gets traded to another team I promise Cassel will not be part of the deal in a three way. If we're fortunate to score an extra first rounder because of his whining then great, but Cassel isn't going to be part of the deal. And Pioli couldn't care less about Sanchez at this point.

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah I did, and then I read your comment about what we should draft if that were to happen. Let me save you some time, you don't need to worry about it happening cause it's not going to. We're not drafting Sanchez. We're not trading Cassel. Anyone who thinks we might is off their rocker. Cutler being a little girl has no bearing on who our QB is going to be next year. If Cutler gets traded it won't be to us. If we're fortunate to score an extra first rounder because of his whining then great, but Cassel isn't going to be part of the deal. And Pioli couldn't care less about Sanchez at this point.

Its a fucking message board, all kinds of options get tossed around. Is it going to happen, no but it could so just fuck off.

Mile High Mania
03-18-2009, 08:50 PM
cat fight