PDA

View Full Version : Life Its hard to have compassion sometimes.

Pages : [1] 2

badgirl
03-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I sometimes have certain patients that I start out doing well with, but 3 or 4 hours into the shift I am sorry I cannot have compassion I may need to have. They are the ones who will ring that damn light off the wall I mean every 3 minutes. They want this and they want that, and at some point I will end up telling them "Your not the only patient on this floor, we have 20 other ones who also need our help."

She wanted orange juice so I took her some, then she rang out and said "I can't get this orange juice open" I told her she could open it there was nothing wrong with her hands to keep her from opening it." She said "I thought you were a nice nurse" i said I try to be. :#

I lose it with these kind of people and only people in the medical field could possible understand what its like. The ones who have never worked in a medical field probably think this is terrible way to be. :banghead:

When you have a middle aged person who wets the bed although they don't do it at home and act like they can't walk to the bathroom to me is just being lazy when there is no diagnosis that says they cannot walk.

Ok I am blowing off some steam and it could go on forever:cuss:

Count Zarth
03-18-2009, 12:01 AM
http://www.blacktriangle.org/blog/images/folks.jpg

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

badgirl
03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
http://www.blacktriangle.org/blog/images/folks.jpg

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

I agree I must be out of my damn mind.:grr:

Surprise, surprise, look whos the first one to speak on my thread.

J Diddy
03-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I agree I must be out of my damn mind.:grr:

Surprise, surprise, look whos the first one to speak on my thread.

Me thinks everynight claythan waits for you to post and spanks it to your threads. I mean he's got to have the full on blue veined wobbly throbber for you.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Me thinks everynight claythan waits for you to post and spanks it to your threads. I mean he's got to have the full on blue veined wobbly throbber for you.

:deevee::deevee:

Please God take that visual out of my mind.:eek:

J Diddy
03-18-2009, 12:54 AM
:deevee::deevee:

Please God take that visual out of my mind.:eek:

I would but I lack compassion.

:D

badgirl
03-18-2009, 01:04 AM
I would but I lack compassion.

:D

o:-)

But, But, Sometimes I'm good.:D

luv
03-18-2009, 06:42 AM
I think you might be in the wrong line of work. You are always complaining about not getting sleep, having to lift people, scared of catching some disease, and now you lack compassion. Seriously. Why do what you're doing if you're so miserable, and you obviously are. You've also complained about how you don't make much, too. Why not go back to selling cars?

Katipan
03-18-2009, 06:46 AM
You definitely don't need compassion to sell cars.

luv
03-18-2009, 06:48 AM
You definitely don't need compassion to sell cars.

I never heard her complain when she did it before. She always said how much she liked her job. She's never said that about this one.

Chief Chief
03-18-2009, 06:59 AM
I told her she could open it there was nothing wrong with her hands to keep her from opening it." She said "I thought you were a nice nurse" i said I try to be. :#

Try this response:

"Let's make a deal: I'll live up to your expectations of me as long as you do the things you're capable of doing on your own."

Then, to show how truly nice you are, treat her to her own private showing of the DVD movie "Misery".

Chief Chief
03-18-2009, 07:05 AM
When you have a middle aged person who wets the bed although they don't do it at home and act like they can't walk to the bathroom to me is just being lazy when there is no diagnosis that says they cannot walk.

Try this response:

"We're out of clean sheets right now and won't have any for a couple of hours."

Then, to show how truly nice you are, treat them to their own private showing of the DVD movie "Misery"...prefaced by you saying: "Let's see what happens to the patient in this movie who cannot walk."

Bugeater
03-18-2009, 07:11 AM
I think you might be in the wrong line of work. You are always complaining about not getting sleep, having to lift people, scared of catching some disease, and now you lack compassion. Seriously. Why do what you're doing if you're so miserable, and you obviously are. You've also complained about how you don't make much, too. Why not go back to selling cars?
I'm guessing it's because she wasn't very good at the...ummm...selling part.

Hog Farmer
03-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Which hospital do you work at. I feel the need to shit myself and have someone else clean it up .

Delano
03-18-2009, 07:30 AM

Correct.

Badgranny doesn't sound like nurse material.

Katipan
03-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Which hospital do you work at. I feel the need to shit myself and have someone else clean it up .

The only time I will depend is when I'm seventy years old
That's when I can't hold my shit within so I shit on myself
Cause I'm so sick and tired of shitting on everybody else

Fat Elvis
03-18-2009, 07:41 AM

No doubt. These threads are going to wind up in a court of law when they discover that you are an "angel of mercy."

Sandyskc
03-18-2009, 08:07 AM
I have to agree you are in the wrong job. Please, for your sake and the patients, find another line of work.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-18-2009, 08:21 AM
you're apparently a biatch and a terrible nurse.

Groves
03-18-2009, 08:31 AM

This.

I for sure don't know badgirl, so it's probably a commentary on healthcare in general, as may be other people's comments.

It seems that the nursing profession (in our experience) actually attracts those without compassion.

There is certainly a place for disconnected compassionless action in the medical profession. You don't need a crying sympathizing ER/Trauma doc/nurse, you need rapid, objective decision-making.

Having said that, the number cold-fish nurses in the field is astounding.

Maybe this could all be solved with easier to open orange juice? I must agree that those suckers can be brutal. Can they just make that opening tab a bit longer? Would it kill them?

Sam Hall
03-18-2009, 08:35 AM
This is how one former Wal-Mart associate felt

StcChief
03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
I think you might be in the wrong line of work. You are always complaining about not getting sleep, having to lift people, scared of catching some disease, and now you lack compassion. Seriously. Why do what you're doing if you're so miserable, and you obviously are. You've also complained about how you don't make much, too. Why not go back to selling cars? hustling cars in this market.... good luck. commission based work.... Steady employment. bite the bullet. speak to your boss.?

Rain Man
03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
If you don't treat the customer well, they won't come back. They'll remove their gallbladders at home or in a local park.

sedated
03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
you're apparently a bitch and a terrible nurse.

LMAO

morphius
03-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Pretend its like having sex, and fake it :D

Demonpenz
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I knew this one guy who hated his job but said he needed the money for a roof over his head and retirement. He had an heart attack at 33 and died a year ago today, but he smoked and was stressed and tried diet pills.

Jilly
03-18-2009, 11:02 AM
nurses like you piss me off.... seriously.

I realize some people are bad patients, but you don't know their story. You don't know what they've gone through to be where they are....and all they need is someone to take care of them and care. I know it's a demanding job, since hospitals are understaffed...but try to see them as human beings.

it could be you in that bed and how would you want to be treated?

MahiMike
03-18-2009, 11:04 AM
To them, this is the most expensive resort they'll ever get to go to. You're the wait staff.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-18-2009, 11:41 AM
My mom and wife are both nurses.

You give them a bad name.

Please quit.

J Diddy
03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
My mom and wife are both nurses.

You give them a bad name.

Please quit.

Hamas jenkins ftw.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-18-2009, 11:46 AM
For what it's worth, my wife is spending the day driving a four hour round trip to see one of her former patients who is in a rehab facility.

She was paralyzed from the neck down in a traffic accident.

She's five years old.

Dartgod
03-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I think a name change is in order to "badnurse".

MODS!!

tonyetony
03-18-2009, 11:51 AM
My friend is the head nurse in a burn unit. She is truly one of the most compassionate people I have ever met. Many nurses can do adequate jobs but it takes someone very special to excel at it.

Katipan
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
For what it's worth, my wife is spending the day driving a four hour round trip to see one of her former patients who is in a rehab facility.

She's five years old.

great lady.

J Diddy
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM

She's five years old.

Your wife sounds like a great lady. I'm sure it is worth the trouble to get a positive reaction from any patient, let alone one so young.

sedated
03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I've had sex with a few nurses, and they all hated their jobs.

Earthling
03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I knew this one guy who hated his job but said he needed the money for a roof over his head and retirement. He had an heart attack at 33 and died a year ago today, but he smoked and was stressed and tried diet pills.

Worrying about retirement can do that to ya...

MOhillbilly
03-18-2009, 12:03 PM
i dont see how people can do it. when my oldman died ill never forget the nurses cryin at how crushed i was.

god bless the goodins.

Fat Elvis
03-18-2009, 12:07 PM
http://www.grideffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/nurseratched.jpg

Go you.

morphius
03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Though also obviously hated their lives and themselves.

Dartgod
03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
http://www.grideffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/nurseratched.jpg

Go you.
Well played. :clap:

kc rush
03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Though also obviously hated their lives and themselves.

ROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2009, 12:16 PM

I realize some people are bad patients, but you don't know their story. You don't know what they've gone through to be where they are....and all they need is someone to take care of them and care. I know it's a demanding job, since hospitals are understaffed...but try to see them as human beings.

Pretty much. There's a lot of people out there who hate their jobs. I could care less. It's life. You on the other hand are a nurse, and people depend on you. And it frankly doesn't sound like you give a shit. Please do something else. Anything else that doesn't involve people who need you.

FAX
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM

Amen, Ms. Jilly.

Unfortunately, I have had a great deal of experience with hospitals. From UCLA to KUMC and St. Francis in Wichita to Vanderbilt. Trust me. If I can help it, I will never, ever allow myself to be checked into Ms. badgirl's hospital. I don't want to die of a staph infection or from neglect after being served up the incorrect medicine or having an allergic reaction to a treatment.

No thanks.

FAX

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I can understand your position as I have a hard time showing compassion with ALOT of your posts.

My wife and several relatives are nurses. You're definitely not cut from the same cloth.

The good news is, your job is to wipe asses, change soiled bedding, dump bedpans and give out sponge bath care.

Maybe you are more suited for stocking shelves at Walmart afterall.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I'd imagine that there are some patients who are real pieces of work, and I could understand how this could get old quickly...

But...you're talking about opening a fucking thing of orange juice. I can't imagine there are duties more minor than this, so complaining about it casts everything else in a much different light.

Katipan
03-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Fax is even polite when he's curbing a bitch.

raybec 4
03-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I'd imagine that there are some patients who are real pieces of work, and I could understand how this could get old quickly...

But...you're talking about opening a fucking thing of orange juice. I can't imagine there are duties more minor than this, so complaining about it casts everything else in a much different light.

Yep, it's healthcare "professionals" like this that all us of have to look forward to if we ever get sick or god forbid we can't do things for ourselves. Most of them are awesome and sacrifice untold amounts for the good of other people, but this crap makes me nervous to get old or sick.

Dartgod
03-18-2009, 12:35 PM

Demonpenz
03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Yep, it's healthcare "professionals" like this that all us of have to look forward to if we ever get sick or god forbid we can't do things for ourselves. Most of them are awesome and sacrifice untold amounts for the good of other people, but this crap makes me nervous to get old or sick.

ahem hamas has an idea to avoid it

Fat Elvis
03-18-2009, 12:41 PM
ANTIFREEZE!

...sure, she's probably served it while on duty....

FAX
03-18-2009, 01:01 PM

You don't have to be old, Mr. raybec. Or deathly ill, for that matter. The problem is that patients sometimes actually get worse in the hospital. It's difficult to believe, I know, but it happens. I have long declared hospitals to be very dangerous places. I, myself, once had a reaction to an injection at UCLA that stopped my heart. Had it not been for a friend in attendance, I would have died because the onset took several minutes, the docs and nurses had left the room, and I was unable to reach the call light. Close one, that.

I can easily imagine a scenario in which Ms. badgirl decides for herself that a particular patient is being overly demanding and eventually ignores a call light for 10 to 15 minutes and it's during that delay that the patient has a reaction to a medication and chokes to death on their own vomit.

Others have said it better than I, but the attitude described by Ms. badgirl is indicative of a person who should not be responsible for the care of others in an hospital environment. Eventually, someone will die.

Oh. And, by the way, it's called "neglect". Lawyers love that stuff.

FAX

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
You don't have to be old, Mr. raybec. Or deathly ill, for that matter. The problem is that patients sometimes actually get worse in the hospital. It's difficult to believe, I know, but it happens. I have long declared hospitals to be very dangerous places. I, myself, once had a reaction to an injection at UCLA that stopped my heart. Had it not been for a friend in attendance, I would have died because the onset took several minutes, the docs and nurses had left the room, and I was unable to reach the call light. Close one, that.

I can easily imagine a scenario in which Ms. badgirl decides for herself that a particular patient is being overly demanding and eventually ignores a call light for 10 to 15 minutes and it's during that delay that the patient has a reaction to a medication and chokes to death on their own vomit.

Others have said it better than I, but the attitude described by Ms. badgirl is indicative of a person who should not be responsible for the care of others in an hospital environment. Eventually, someone will die.

Oh. And, by the way, it's called "neglect". Lawyers love that stuff.

FAX

All great points, Mr. FAX.

The long and short of it--what a confusing and worthless cliche, this is--is that some occupations necessitate an actual love of the work. Not because of the money, not because of the hours, not because of any other perceived benefit.

Doctors, nurses, and all the folks that are essential care providers, must first and foremost have a deeply rooted love of their fellow man and an equally deep desire to want to help, in any way possible.

It takes a special calling, I'd say, to be in this line of work.

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Someday, badgranny will be laying in her own urine and feces, tapping on the nurse button like its her job. I hope on that day, the half ass CNA taking calls decides to play 1 more game of solitaire before shuffling down to see what the racket is all about.

Those people are someone's mother, father, loved one.

Maybe, they're needy because they're in pain? maybe they're a little off because the pain killers temporarily retard/cloud their judgement/thinking/temperment?

I remember when my dying grandmother ended up getting some neglectful treatment at a Belton facility, my mom and her sisters stayed pretty much full time and made damn sure everything that was supposed to get done, got done. I remember how sad they said it was for the people that didn't have someone to watch out for them.

Fish
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks for reinforcing my contempt for hospitals.

FAX
03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
All great points, Mr. FAX.

The long and short of it--what a confusing and worthless cliche, this is--is that some occupations necessitate an actual love of the work. Not because of the money, not because of the hours, not because of any other perceived benefit.

Doctors, nurses, and all the folks that are essential care providers, must first and foremost have a deeply rooted love of their fellow man and an equally deep desire to want to help, in any way possible.

It takes a special calling, I'd say, to be in this line of work.

I know I couldn't do it, that's for sure, Mr. DeezNutz. However, there are many who can and who do a great job.

I think you're right, though. Ideally, a person who pursues a career in health care should possess a committed desire to assist others, a true love for their occupation, and a diminished sense of smell. It's not for everyone.

Of course, hospitals have any number of systems in place to try and ensure that patients are treated well and not neglected. That doesn't, however, prevent individuals who, for whatever reason, decide that a particular patient is being overly demanding and placing them on the back burner. It's cases like that (which I've experienced first hand) that make you worry. Also, it's a sad fact that care providers eventually become immune to the needs of their patients to one degree or another. You simply can't wear your heart on your sleeve day in and day out. Over time, they begin to view their patients as just another body in a room - not as individual human beings. From a self-preservation perspective, it's natural and actually very normal.

And that's the entire point. Ms. badgirl worries me because it is obvious from her post that she's placing the blame on her patients. Frankly, that's not where the problem lies. Rather, it's her attitude that is wrong and her own mindset that needs adjustment - not the peeps under her care. In my opinion, once a care provider finds themselves dehumanizing their patients, it's time to find another job.

FAX

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I will say this though, there is no way....and I mean NO WAY I could be a nurse or a CNA.

raybec 4
03-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I will say this though, there is no way....and I mean NO WAY I could be a nurse or a CNA.

But, you have to give yourself credit for recognizing that. Some people are just not smart enough to admit that they are not suited to their career choice and move on.

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 02:23 PM
brideowanian has told too many stories of the types of things she's had to do for tasks in both hospital and public health type settings. There is just no way I could heft a shoulder into a 600lb fupa to push it back so I could clean out and medicate the rotting fold. I just can't see myself cleaning up the "sick smelling" feces of an adult either, mostly because I've got a terrible gag and puke at stink and grossness pretty often.

No way I'm cut out for the CNA work....for $8/hr.

Sully
03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
My best friend's wife is a nurse and worked for a few years at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. I was up there for a visit one time, and since he had the day off we just laid around the house all day watching SportsCenter and making up games using bar coasters.
She gets home and notices neither one of us have moved since she left and starts complaining about her day. She says, "I worked with two blind guys and a woman who couldn't speak a word of English today."

My best friend... Without missing a beat...

"so, I guess you won at charades, huh?"

I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it. The comedic timing was perfect. Add to that she didn't even react...

Funny as hell.

WilliamTheIrish
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Is your asshole still sore or were the boys gentle with you?

ChiefsOne
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
most nurses are real bitches

Demonpenz
03-18-2009, 02:56 PM
fupu is so much better than front butt

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't get it.

I've dated alot of nurses over the years, and elementary school teachers and always thought they were basically the same personality type. Most were pretty down to earth and caring people with bubbly personalities.

sedated
03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't get it.

I've dated alot of nurses over the years, and elementary school teachers and always thought they were basically the same personality type. Most were pretty down to earth and caring people with bubbly personalities.

if that's sarcasm, you can throw social workers into the mix.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2009, 03:10 PM
brideowanian has told too many stories of the types of things she's had to do for tasks in both hospital and public health type settings. There is just no way I could heft a shoulder into a 600lb fupa to push it back so I could clean out and medicate the rotting fold. I just can't see myself cleaning up the "sick smelling" feces of an adult either, mostly because I've got a terrible gag and puke at stink and grossness pretty often.

No way I'm cut out for the CNA work....for $8/hr.

Wrong part of the country. I have a friend doing it here in Seattle and she's making 45k a year. Or, about $22 an hour. Plus shift differential and all sorts of other perks.

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
its not sarcasm. I've always liked nurses. It doesn't mean I like all of them and it doesn't mean there aren't some that are angry bidges.

Nurses make pretty good money flop, its the CNA(butt wiper Americans) that make paper hat bucks. They're not usually the same breed as nurses, with the exception of those working their way through nursing school. See thread starter.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
its not sarcasm. I've always liked nurses. It doesn't mean I like all of them and it doesn't mean there aren't some that are angry bidges.

Nurses make pretty good money flop, its the CNA(butt wiper Americans) that make paper hat bucks. They're not usually the same breed as nurses, with the exception of those working their way through nursing school. See thread starter.

Oh, I know. This girl is a CNA, wiping asses, cleaning puke, and making 45k a year. I shit you not. (Pun intended) I agree with you though, if you don't like the job, in this case especially, get the fuck out and go flip burgers or whatever else you can do. These people NEED you. Not quite the same as the fat ass mouth breather that NEEDS his Angry Whopper.

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Thats seems like a lot compared to what they make in this area, however I'd estimate that the cost of living in your area is significantly higher, making everything else relative.

FAX
03-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Obviously, a gentleman shouldn't discuss the quality of his lovers, but in the interest of good Planeteering, I admit that I, too, have participated in sexual encounters with nurses in the past, Mr. seclark. Frankly, I had misgivings about it. I mean, those were the same hands that dealt with some of the most highly unpleasant aspects of personal behavior. Kinda creepy, to be honest.

Nevertheless, I found them to be very uninhibited in bed which I chalked up to a familiarity, comfort, and interest in human anatomy, so I guess it's kind of a trade off.

Overall, I would rate nurses as a 6 or 7 on the occupational sex scale.

FAX

MOhillbilly
03-18-2009, 03:53 PM
you & sec had sex?

Saulbadguy
03-18-2009, 04:03 PM
If only the drug companies would release the cure for whatever disease they may have, you'd be in luck.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 05:26 PM
stupid, lousy hospital patients
- Homer Badgirl Simpson

um, ya think the reason they are wetting the bed in the hospital when they dont do it at home is because OF THAT LITTLE STROKE THEY JUST HAD???????????????

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 05:37 PM
The "Nightingale Pledge"

The Nightingale Pledge was composed by Lystra Gretter, an instructor of nursing at the old Harper Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, and was first used by its graduating class in the spring of 1893. It is an adaptation of the Hippocratic Oath taken by physicians.

~~~
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician, in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.

NOW OPEN THE OLD LADIES FRICKIN ORANGE JUICE YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Obviously, a gentleman shouldn't discuss the quality of his lovers, but in the interest of good Planeteering, I admit that I, too, have participated in sexual encounters with nurses in the past, Mr. seclark. Frankly, I had misgivings about it. I mean, those were the same hands that dealt with some of the most highly unpleasant aspects of personal behavior. Kinda creepy, to be honest.

Nevertheless, I found them to be very uninhibited in bed which I chalked up to a familiarity, comfort, and interest in human anatomy, so I guess it's kind of a trade off.

Overall, I would rate nurses as a 6 or 7 on the occupational sex scale.

FAX

I like teachers better. They make you do it over and over until you get it right.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 05:43 PM

I need a job thats why, theres not much out there these days.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I have to agree you are in the wrong job. Please, for your sake and the patients, find another line of work.

No matter how I feel sometimes, I am good to my patients and they receive excellent patient care from me. I have star cards to prove it.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 05:46 PM

Every medical professional, including the Drs. I talk to feel this way and if any medical profession says they don't think this way about patients that are a pain i the ass is a damn liar.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, there are some patients I would bend over backward for, the ones who are elderly or really sick, I would do anything in the world for, but you don't know about the drug seekers who come in and complain more than the very sick ones.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 05:56 PM
i dont see how people can do it. when my oldman died ill never forget the nurses cryin at how crushed i was.

god bless the goodins.

I have cried with families also, you people don't seem to get it, I feel for the sick patients, but its those who are here for drugs, or in one case to get away from here kids for a while that bugs me. Beleive me I am a very caring and compassionate person for the ones who need me.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 05:59 PM
How are you able to differentiate between the patients who "need" you and those that do not?

Should you be making these types of evaluations? Isn't your job to attend to all patients?

I would assume if they're under the care of the hospital (or wherever you work), someone has deemed that they "need" care. Just saying...

badgirl
03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh another thing, I am in fact cut out for this job, I am cut out for ICU, PEDS, burn unit, where I know without a doubt these people are very sick and need my help, I hate feeling useless, I like to feel like I have really done something at that has helped someone at the end of the day. I wish I was off the floor cause thats where you get everything from constipation to whatever. I loved it when I worked in CCU and felt like I was doing something for the patients. Oh well, those of you have never done it you will never understand.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 06:12 PM
How are you able to differentiate between the patients who "need" you and those that do not?

Should you be making these types of evaluations? Isn't your job to attend to all patients?

I would assume if they're under the care of the hospital (or wherever you work), someone has deemed that they "need" care. Just saying...

example....boy who is 25 years old has been in here twice, he is on 80 mg. oxycontin and delaudid alternating every 2 hours. He sets his cell phone for the alarm and he will walk up to find his nurse to get his meds. He then walks off the floor to smoke. He is in here now, he was in here for 6 weeks a couple of weeks ago and in here for over a month back in december. He comes here to get his drugs, thats it....just saying.

ncCHIEFfan
03-18-2009, 06:15 PM
It takes special ppl to work with the public especially in the medical field. I would have to stay in prayer all day.

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Well I guess everyone has a case of the ass with their job from time to time. That said you work for some of the most over compensated people on earth. They are in bed with the pharmaceutical cartels that deal drugs legally in this country. Let me see some elitist asshole showed up and had his lacky perform the work...a thousand five hundred plus, oh thats right I did take a asprin...fifty bucks, What was the price to sleep here tonight? :rolleyes: yeah you are right how fucking dare I push the help me button!

ncCHIEFfan
03-18-2009, 06:16 PM
example....boy who is 25 years old has been in here twice, he is on 80 mg. oxycontin and delaudid alternating every 2 hours. He sets his cell phone for the alarm and he will walk up to find his nurse to get his meds. He then walks off the floor to smoke. He is in here now, he was in here for 6 weeks a couple of weeks ago and in here for over a month back in december. He comes here to get his drugs, thats it....just saying.

The medical field is just as screwed up as the rest of this country.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Well I guess everyone has a case of the ass with their job from time to time. That said you work for some of the most over compensated people on earth. They are in bed with the pharmaceutical cartels that deal drugs legally in this country. Let me see some elitist asshole showed up and had his lacky perform the work...a thousand five hundred plus, oh thats right I did take a asprin...fifty bucks, What was the price to sleep here tonight? :rolleyes: yeah you are right how ****ing dare I push the help me button!

most on the tax payers dime it seems.

Once again if they need help I don't mind.

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 06:47 PM
most on the tax payers dime it seems.

Once again if they need help I don't mind.

Really? of course what other response would I expect from a arrogant worker from your world. I can only speak from the huge bills I have paid in my life for my kids, myself, my wife and my parents. But heck you are talking about the the broke people so hey fuck them!

RJ
03-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I think, generally speaking, the words judgmental and nurse don't work well together.

I have a great deal of respect for the profession, but it's not the place of the nurse to decide which patients need or deserve help and which are merely malingerers.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 06:52 PM
No matter how I feel sometimes, I am good to my patients and they receive excellent patient care from me. I have star cards to prove it.

Open the *#_((: orange juice!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Open the *#_((: orange juice!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I did, with a smile by the way!!!!

badgirl
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Really? of course what other response would I expect from a arrogant worker from your world. I can only speak from the huge bills I have paid in my life for my kids, myself, my wife and my parents. But heck you are talking about the the broke people so hey **** them!

You people are damn morons...I am talking about drug seekers or people overdosing on drugs to get high people like that . I am poor as they frigging come and I am not talking about the poor people who need help.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 07:00 PM
You people are damn morons...I am talking about drug seekers or people overdosing on drugs to get high people like that . I am poor as they frigging come and I am not talking about the poor people who need help.

Well in your original post you didn't say drug seekers. You were just going on about pain in the ass sick people.

Good job damage controlling ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 07:02 PM
I sometimes have certain patients that I start out doing well with, but 3 or 4 hours into the shift I am sorry I cannot have compassion I may need to have. They are the ones who will ring that damn light off the wall I mean every 3 minutes. They want this and they want that, and at some point I will end up telling them "Your not the only patient on this floor, we have 20 other ones who also need our help."

She wanted orange juice so I took her some, then she rang out and said "I can't get this orange juice open" I told her she could open it there was nothing wrong with her hands to keep her from opening it." She said "I thought you were a nice nurse" i said I try to be. :#

I lose it with these kind of people and only people in the medical field could possible understand what its like. The ones who have never worked in a medical field probably think this is terrible way to be. :banghead:

Ok I am blowing off some steam and it could go on forever:cuss:

Hmmmm. Where do you mention drug seekers in this?
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Well in your original post you didn't say drug seekers. You were just going on about pain in the ass sick people.

Good job damage controlling ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you think I actually meant sick people? Really sick people. NO.

Count Zarth
03-18-2009, 07:08 PM
STFU, badgranny.

kstater
03-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Did you think I actually meant sick people? Really sick people. NO.

Did the doctor who's in charge let you know who was sick and who wasn't?

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 07:10 PM
The really sick people nurse.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Potentially very dangerous mindset.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 07:20 PM
When my ex was in the maternity unit she ate nurses like this for lunch and spit them out against the wall. I'm bothering you? I'll rip your face off beeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
03-18-2009, 07:22 PM

Perhaps you could put in a request asking that you not be required to care for drug addicts since they're not appropriately "sick" by your standards. While you're at it, you might want to include smokers, alcoholics, fat people, reckless drivers, etc..

Seriously, it's just not your place to make those judgments.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
She's really going to be pissed when she goes in tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Did the doctor who's in charge let you know who was sick and who wasn't?

I have their diagnosis and read their charts. I know if someone who thinks because they are in the hospital all of a sudden thinks they can't walk to the bathroom when in fact they can, I stand at assist and let them do it on their own. I am not here to disable people, I am here to help them. I get report about the patients, diagnosis and chart and I know what they should be able to do themselves.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Perhaps you could put in a request asking that you not be required to care for drug addicts since they're not appropriately "sick" by your standards. While you're at it, you might want to include smokers, alcoholics, fat people, reckless drivers, etc..

Seriously, it's just not your place to make those judgments.

Maybe not, your probably right, but lets say you overdosed, then 2 days later your still in here, fine while you were sick and needed help, fine, but say when your feeling all better about ready to go home all of a sudden you think your in the holiday inn. Thats part of what I am talking about. I hate talking about this on the computer cause i can't seem to get what I am really talking about and how I feel out there.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:42 PM
When my ex was in the maternity unit she ate nurses like this for lunch and spit them out against the wall. I'm bothering you? I'll rip your face off beeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch
Posted via Mobile Device

YEa they probably sit at the desk and talked about her like a dog. I hear it all the time.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I have their diagnosis and read their charts. I know if someone who thinks because they are in the hospital all of a sudden thinks they can't walk to the bathroom when in fact they can, I stand at assist and let them do it on their own. I am not here to disable people, I am here to help them. I get report about the patients, diagnosis and chart and I know what they should be able to do themselves.

Do you take bribes?
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Do you take bribes?
Posted via Mobile Device

What!!! NO, take bribes for what?

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:47 PM
You know what guys I am only human and I said its hard SOMETIMES, its also very rewarding most of the time, but you do have those days as in any job. Yea my job is caring for people, but still I am human, and tell you what I am a very good caring person no matter what you all say and if I was in the hospital I would be glad to have someone like me to take care of me or my family.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 07:54 PM
What!!! NO, take bribes for what?
To decide who to give your best to or who to determine is just there to have fun staying in a hospital
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 07:55 PM
You know what guys I am only human and I said its hard SOMETIMES, its also very rewarding most of the time, but you do have those days as in any job. Yea my job is caring for people, but still I am human, and tell you what I am a very good caring person no matter what you all say and if I was in the hospital I would be glad to have someone like me to take care of me or my family.

Then maybe you should talk about something other than everything you hate or happen to overhear at work (but don't fully understand). I realize you hate this place and only come here to pass time. If you want people on here to respond better to you though, try focusing on the positive sometimes, and stop trying to get into fights with everyone who disagrees with you. Yes, I know I've complained on here, and you 've pointed that out to me before. I've also told about funny shit, happy times, and oh yeah, there are sports, too.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Then maybe you should talk about something other than everything you hate or happen to overhear at work (but don't fully understand). I realize you hate this place and only come here to pass time. If you want people on here to respond better to you though, try focusing on the positive sometimes, and stop trying to get into fights with everyone who disagrees with you. Yes, I know I've complained on here, and you 've pointed that out to me before. I've also told about funny shit, happy times, and oh yeah, there are sports, too.

Whatever, I respond to you with negativity cause thats all seems to radiate from you with me.

Bugeater
03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow, badgirl really took a beating in this thread. I'm surprised she didn't leave forever.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
To decide who to give your best to or who to determine is just there to have fun staying in a hospital
Posted via Mobile Device

NO I don't no matter what I think or how I feel I still treat them all very good. I am very good to these people, all of them.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow, badgirl really took a beating in this thread. I'm surprised she didn't leave forever.

I'm learning.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:03 PM
I've fallen and I can't get up. Nurse! Nurse, help me pleeeeeaaaaaaaaassssseeeeeee
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Whatever, I respond to you with negativity cause thats all seems to radiate from you with me.

And I'm not a guy. Guys on here call you an idiot, and you laugh at them. I barely imply it, and you're down my fucking throat. I give you advice, and you say whatever. You do know that there are other BB's out there, right? I mean, you don't even follow sports, and this is a football BB. Do a Google search, and you'll probably find a lot of forums where people like you (meaning nurses) go for advice, to share stories about patients, or to vent.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
And I'm not a guy. Guys on here call you an idiot, and you laugh at them. I barely imply it, and you're down my ****ing throat. I give you advice, and you say whatever. You do know that there are other BB's out there, right? I mean, you don't even follow sports, and this is a football BB. Do a Google search, and you'll probably find a lot of forums where people like you (meaning nurses) go for advice, to share stories about patients, or to vent.

Yea and rarely do you start a thread about sports, look at your threads whats the ratio of sports vs., non sports you start? You seem to have a problem with me and I can't figure out why? I will NOT go to other bulletin boards, I been on here for a long time and I like it, this is where I will stay. Thanks for the advice.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Catfight
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Yea and rarely do you start a thread about sports, look at your threads whats the ratio of sports vs., non sports you start? You seem to have a problem with me and I can't figure out why? I will NOT go to other bulletin boards, I been on here for a long time and I like it, this is where I will stay. Thanks for the advice.

No, I don't start that many, but I post in several. I like sports. Sorry if I let other people come up with the topics.

Oh, and you're welcome.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:12 PM
No, I don't start that many, but I post in several. I like sports. Sorry if I let other people come up with the topics.

Oh, and you're welcome.

hmmmm, think I'd like to see ALL those thousands of posts you have posted, in your many many thousands of posts I am sure way more than 1/2 should be sports related ,certainly by a sports nut like yourself.

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Change the story now....

The only drug you were bitching about with this patient was vitamin C and Flordia Sunshine in a juice box...not a hit of hillbilly heroin.

luv
03-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Catfight
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just telling her what I think. She thinks I have a problem with her. Fine. Maybe I do. I just fail to see why she still comes to a football BB that her ex boyfriend introduced her to. We don't understand her frustrations, but she refuses to go somewhere where people understand and empathize with her. I never said that meant she had to stop coming here.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:15 PM
This morning on First News on Fox, local nurse, reportedly agitated by football forum abuse, charged with smothering a patient with a pillow for wetting their bed.
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Change the story now....

The only drug you were bitching about with this patient was vitamin C and Flordia Sunshine in a juice box...not a hit of hillbilly heroin.

The juice was just a bit of it, I have posted the rest of it. I'm over it now, I have had my night, last night and got a little frustrated, I'm over it, tonight is better, I got some pretty good rest today.

luv
03-18-2009, 08:16 PM
hmmmm, think I'd like to see ALL those thousands of posts you have posted, in your many many thousands of posts I am sure way more than 1/2 should be sports related ,certainly by a sports nut like yourself.

Who do you think will win the NCAA tournament? What's the name of the new coach for the Chiefs (this IS a Chiefs fan site afterall)? Hell, who was our starting QB at the beginning of last season?

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Who do you think will win the NCAA tournament? What the name of the new coach for the Chiefs (this IS a Chiefs fan site afterall)? Hell, who was our starting QB at the beginning of last season?

I couldn't fu*king care less to tell you the truth. Everyone on here knows I don't care about football that much, you telling them some new informationt they don't already know?

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Who do you think will win the NCAA tournament? What's the name of the new coach for the Chiefs (this IS a Chiefs fan site afterall)? Hell, who was our starting QB at the beginning of last season?

Jesus?
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I could fu*king care less to tell you the truth. Everyone on here knows I don't care about football that much, you telling them some new informationt they don't already know?

Like the respiratory disease from sand?

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Like the respiratory disease from sand?

Whata the hell you talking about? I put that up so people would know about it. Your totally a moron, you just proved it.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I could fu*king care less to tell you the truth. Everyone on here knows I don't care about football that much, you telling them some new informationt they don't already know?

Evil nurse who doesn't know who the Chiefs are and couldn't give a fuck about football. Recipe for abuse.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Whata the hell you talking about? I put that up so people would know about it. Your totally a moron, you just proved it.

And people on here were on there correcting you right and left. You were repeating information you heard, but knew nothing about. I'm a moron? How ironic.

kstater
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
So the moral of this story is that I shouldn't eat sand so I won't piss off a hospital nurse?

Bugeater
http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/it-consultant-catfight-in-portland-or.jpg

badgirl
Evil nurse who doesn't know who the Chiefs are and couldn't give a **** about football. Recipe for abuse.
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to watch the chiefs play , My boyfriend isn't into football only UFC, I try to get interested in what my husband, boyfriend etc likes, he doesn't watch football, I don't watch it alone, thats no fun.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:23 PM
And people on here were on there correcting you right and left. You were repeating information you heard, but knew nothing about. I'm a moron? How ironic.

Where did someone name the disease I was talking about? read it and see no one named what it is called they all had their own ideas and they were all wrong.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
The juice was just a bit of it, I have posted the rest of it. I'm over it now, I have had my night, last night and got a little frustrated, I'm over it, tonight is better, I got some pretty good rest today.

So you are bitching about patients on a football site while you are on the fucking job????
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
03-18-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.maid-of-honor.net/images/catfight-bridesmaids.jpg

luv
03-18-2009, 08:25 PM
I used to watch the chiefs play , My boyfriend isn't into football only UFC, I try to get interested in what my husband, boyfriend etc likes, he doesn't watch football, I don't watch it alone, thats no fun.

You could try being your own person. Find someone who has similar interests as you instead of transforming yourself. Yes, I know, I'm manless. I'd much rather be alone than become something I'm not. I've done that before, and I'm still paying for it.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I didn't know you could die from a sandy vagina.

Motherfuck.

I expect the total number of members at this site to be greatly reduced tomorrow.

FAX
I like teachers better. They make you do it over and over until you get it right.

ROFL

Nice.

FAX

kstater
So you are bitching about patients on a football site while you are on the fucking job????
Posted via Mobile Device

Duh, what else is there to do? It's not like the self diagnosed non sick patients need assistance.

Pioli Zombie
Nurse can you look my IV?

Not now I'm posting on chiefs planet.
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
You could try being your own person. Find someone who has similar interests as you instead of transforming yourself. Yes, I know, I'm manless. I'd much rather be alone than become something I'm not. I've done that before, and I'm still paying for it.

Well I don't really mind like getting to know UFC I kinda like it and I am getting to know some about it, Kevin does things that I like to so it kinda evens out.

Spott
03-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Nurse can you look my IV?

Not now I'm posting on chiefs planet.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's right. F*ck them and their lousy stinking orange juice.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Duh, what else is there to do? It's not like the self diagnosed non sick patients need assistance.

They don't right now, if they did they would ring me, I am sitting in the chart room I am very close to any room I may need to go into.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Fuck those lazy bums wanting things like liquid to quench their thirst or medicine to combat their illness.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Well I don't really mind like getting to know UFC I kinda like it and I am getting to know some about it, Kevin does things that I like to so it kinda evens out.

I've actually just started kind of getting into that myself. Don't know enough to name fighters and such, though. I took tae kwon do in my early teenage years, so I like to look for punches and kicks that I recognize. Once they get down on the ground is where I lose track of what's going on.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
**** those lazy bums wanting things like liquid to quench their thirst or medicine to combat their illness.
Posted via Mobile Device

If they need meds or drink they will ask, they have already had their night meds passed so they will ring if they need anything else. You think I am gonna go in their room and wake them up?

Frazod
03-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Badgirl had better hope the bum who breaks into her house while she's at work doesn't read this thread - he'll spit in her leftovers and short-sheet the bed out of pure spite. :D

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
They don't right now, if they did they would ring me, I am sitting in the chart room I am very close to any room I may need to go into.

And in your nurses training you are supposed to spend this time posting on a fucking football message board when that could be my mother in the other room choking to death on her own vomit?
Posted via Mobile Device

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
If God would have wanted that bitch to have some OJ, he'd have miracled her ass an underwater tornado to deliver it!!

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I've actually just started kind of getting into that myself. Don't know enough to name fighters and such, though. I took tae kwon do in my early teenage years, so I like to look for punches and kicks that I recognize. Once they get down on the ground is where I lose track of what's going on.

Well Kevin has taught me a lot about the holds and stuff I learn more each time we watch together, he has a room with nothing but UFC and MMA stuff like Pride and King of the Cage and stuff in it. So for Valentines Day I talked the woman at Buckles into giving me the really big poster that was advertising the Affliction fight which it was only their 2nd or 3rd fight from affliction, he was very happy with that, it was something that couldn't be bought.

Not the last pay pre-view but the one before, the first fight I had to close my eyes, it was probably the bloodiest I have saw so far.

Hog Farmer
03-18-2009, 08:36 PM
This thread is Shit load of funny!

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
If they need meds or drink they will ask, they have already had their night meds passed so they will ring if they need anything else. You think I am gonna go in their room and wake them up?

No no no by all means its very very late at night almost 9:37. Keep surfin the web. Please.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
03-18-2009, 08:40 PM
The fact is that orange juice contains high levels of ascorbic acid which can both cause and/or aggravate an ulcer. Thank God there are nurses like Ms. badgirl who have drawn a line in the sand and said "Hell No!" to orange juice. America thanks you, Ms. badgirl.

FAX

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:41 PM
She's posting on the hospitals computer. She may have accidently wiped out tomorrows lab schedules but everybody in the O/R will know Sanchezes time in the 40.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
Kevin sounds like a MENSA candidate. Where is Kevin studying for his doctorate, Ms. badgirl?

FAX

luv
No no no by all means its very very late at night almost 9:37. Keep surfin the web. Please.
Posted via Mobile Device

In her defense...

1. What else is there to do?
2. They're probably drugged up.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
In her defense...

1. What else is there to do?
2. They're probably drugged up.

So her supervisor would approve?
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, uh, that's probably doubtful. But I can't say much in that regard. I'm guilty as charged myself.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Well, uh, that's probably doubtful. But I can't say much in that regard. I'm guilty as charged myself.

Are you in a position where peoples lives depend on your compassionate care?
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
03-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Are you in a position where peoples lives depend on your compassionate care?
Posted via Mobile Device

I deal with medical data and EMR support. Kind of, but indirectly. IOW, desk job.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:50 PM
And in your nurses training you are supposed to spend this time posting on a ****ing football message board when that could be my mother in the other room choking to death on her own vomit?
Posted via Mobile Device

not on my watch.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Charge nurse just walked back here and yea, she don't care, as long as my job is done and it is. I can't go wake up the patients or go in and disturb them if they are watching tv, they will call if they want something.

FAX
03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Down with Orange Juice!!!! The war on Orange Juice has just begun!!! Orange Juice addicts are everywhere!!! Deprive these vermin of their Orange Juice and let them die!!! It's what the bastards deserve!!! Oh!!! And, attack Florida!!!

!!!

FAX

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Kevin sounds like a MENSA candidate. Where is Kevin studying for his doctorate, Ms. badgirl?

FAX

I don't know what MENSA is. He's not studying for a doctorate, he just like UFC and has watched it for many years.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Down with Orange Juice!!!! The war on Orange Juice has just begun!!! Orange Juice addicts are everywhere!!! Deprive these vermin of their Orange Juice and let them die!!! It's what the bastards deserve!!! Oh!!! And, attack Florida!!!

!!!

FAX

LMAO Its really nothing to do with the orange juice personally.

Frazod
03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I don't know what MENSA is. He's not studying for a doctorate, he just like UFC and has watched it for many years.

Oh dear God LMAO

badgirl
03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh dear God LMAO

What?

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 08:56 PM

Well, if you'd take him some fucking orange juice, which has nutrients that provide vital stimulation in most areas of the body, particularly the nervous system, he probably would be.

FAX
03-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Oh dear God LMAO

Don't look at me. This is a job for Mr. Donger.

FAX

badgirl
Well, if you'd take him some ****ing orange juice, which has nutrients that provide vital stimulation in most areas of the body, particularly the nervous system, he probably would be.

Would be what?

RedNeckRaider

I assumed you were a nurse...silly me I am dealing with a candy striper...or whatever they call a non skill care giver these days :rolleyes: Do everyone a favor and take your high school level ability and go to work at a Quick Trip on 3rd shift, that way you can surf the net and not be bothered by those assholes in pain you simplistic dump

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 08:59 PM
not on my watch.

But you aren't watching. Or doing anything nurses do. You are posting about your patients on a message board. Imagine, if you will, all of you on chiefs planet, that a loved one of yours was in the hospital. How would you feel knowing their nurse didn't want to open their orange juice when their shaking, fragile hands couldn't so. And not only that, but she spent the time in between seeing the light of your life on a message board complaining about them? Oh the humanity.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
03-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Quick Trips sell Orange Juice!!! They must be destroyed!!! Citrus is Satan's sweat!!!!

FAX

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:02 PM
I assumed you were a nurse...silly me I am dealing with a candy striper...or whatever they call a non skill care giver these days :rolleyes: Do everyone a favor and take your high school level ability and go to work at a Quick Trip on 3rd shift, that way you can surf the net and not be bothered by those assholes in pain you simplistic dump

I am a CNA and I tell you I have been doing this for about 14 years, I do what I can, I have learned a lot doing this in the hospitals for years. Who the hell are you to degrade what I do for work? I was able to raise my children doing this. I had to work full time and take care of a home and 3 kids alone. I now am capable to go to school. Sorry if this job doesn't reach your standards, so go suck a dick asshole you judgemental fu*k

Pioli Zombie
Well, if you'd take him some fucking orange juice, which has nutrients that provide vital stimulation in most areas of the body, particularly the nervous system, he probably would be.

MENSA, the little friend badgirl used to know
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
But you aren't watching. Or doing anything nurses do. You are posting about your patients on a message board. Imagine, if you will, all of you on chiefs planet, that a loved one of yours was in the hospital. How would you feel knowing their nurse didn't want to open their orange juice when their shaking, fragile hands couldn't so. And not only that, but she spent the time in between seeing the light of your life on a message board complaining about them? Oh the humanity.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not a damn nurse I am a CNA there is only so much I can do.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
MENSA, the little friend badgirl used to know
Posted via Mobile Device

No one has told me what MENSA means.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I am a CNA and I tell you I have been doing this for about 14 years, I do what I can, I have learned a lot doing this in the hospitals for years. Who the hell are you to degrade what I do for work? I was able to raise my children doing this. I had to work full time and take care of a home and 3 kids alone. I now am capable to go to school. Sorry if this job doesn't reach your standards, so go suck a dick asshole you judgemental fu*k
Good. Good. Get all good and worked before you make your rounds again.
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Good. Good. Get all good and worked before you make your rounds again.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't do that till 1am

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 09:05 PM

LMAO If you have spent that much time and hate your job all the time being poor you suck at life, and do us all a favor and do not take it out on the people you care for.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm not a damn nurse I am a CNA there is only so much I can do.

You have to have a nursing degree to open an orange juice?
Posted via Mobile Device

Iowanian
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
take this test and let us know what you score.

http://mensa-test.com/

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
LMAO If you have spent that much time and hate your job all the time being poor you suck at life, and do us all a favor and do not take it out on the people you care for.

I don't take a God Damn thing out on my patients as I f*cking said I do everything I can for them. What executive job do you and every member of your damn family have I am sure they are all in the 6 figure year jobs.

RJ
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
The fact is that orange juice contains high levels of ascorbic acid which can both cause and/or aggravate an ulcer. Thank God there are nurses like Ms. badgirl who have drawn a line in the sand and said "Hell No!" to orange juice. America thanks you, Ms. badgirl.

FAX

Not to mention what it does to the diabetics.

Deadly stuff, that OJ.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:08 PM
You have to have a nursing degree to open an orange juice?
Posted via Mobile Device

common sense tells you that, I just opened the damn thing and handed it to her. She was happy with it, I was happy it was done, end of the orange juice delema.

badgirl
Not to mention what it does to the diabetics.

Deadly stuff, that OJ.

sometimes we have to give diabetics some orange juice, it could be very important.

DeezNutz
you judgemental fu*k

Are you saying that judging other people is wrong?

That this is something that others might not be qualified to do?

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:09 PM
common sense tells you that, I just opened the damn thing and handed it to her. She was happy with it, I was happy it was done, end of the orange juice delema.

Delema. Pffffft
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Are you saying that judging other people is wrong?

That this is something that others might not be qualified to do?

Its his opinion of my job, ok, I get your point.

luv
03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
sometimes we have to give diabetics some orange juice, it could be very important.

Really? I thought it was for people who were hypoglycemic and needed sugar.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Really? I thought it was for people who were hypoglycemic and needed sugar.

I went in one morning to do a vital and realized the patient was sweating and unresponsive, her blood sugar was 28!!! Damn we like to never got her to come around.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't take a God Damn thing out on my patients as I f*cking said I do everything I can for them. What executive job do you and every member of your damn family have I am sure they are all in the 6 figure year jobs.

I hope you are using your own PC.
Posted via Mobile Device

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 09:12 PM

I am not rich by any standard but I do from time to time have to fire a disgruntled idiot like yourself from time to time.

badgirl
I hope you are using your own PC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its a lap top, but it belongs to the hospital. I have to log in under my name and password.

Spott
She was happy with it, I was happy it was done, end of the orange juice delema.

I'm just happy that the whole delema is over.

Pioli Zombie
I went in one morning to do a vital and realized the patient was sweating and unresponsive, her blood sugar was 28!!! Damn we like to never got her to come around.
Huh?????
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:13 PM
I am not rich by any standard but I do from time to time have to fire a disgruntled idiot like yourself from time to time.

Good for you I am not disgruntled, I'm human, and your a asshole. IMO of course.

luv

Okay guys. I'm sure she meant dilemma.

badgirl
Okay guys. I'm sure she meant dilemma.

What she said.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Its a lap top, but it belongs to the hospital. I have to log in under my name and password.

Oh good. Just as long as you aren't leaving a trail for the hospital IT department. You'd have to be using your user name and password for that to happen
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM

Maybe she meant delenema
Posted via Mobile Device

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Good for you I am not disgruntled, I'm human, and your a asshole. IMO of course.

I just thank God I did not need to have my orange juice opened or this could have gotten ugly!

FAX

Damn delemas. The medical comunitee has been fighting these delemas for decaids. No one nos it better than Ms. badgirl. We need more monee for reeserch and human triles.

FAX

Spott
Maybe she meant delenema
Posted via Mobile Device

Does that involve shoving orange juice up a patient's ass?

Katipan
03-18-2009, 09:18 PM

holy shit

LMAO LMAO

luv
holy shit

LMAO LMAO

This.

RedNeckRaider
Oh good. Just as long as you aren't leaving a trail for the hospital IT department. You'd have to be using your user name and password for that to happen
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Awringe jooose izz sutch a pane to ohpin
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
03-18-2009, 09:20 PM

"Your a asshole." I like it. "Your a asshole." I'm using it.

FAX

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 09:21 PM

FAX

LMAO

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:22 PM

FAX

Is that like Yuri Gagarin?

Your a asshole

Quite a delema

You think she just figured out what I said and logged off?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Thirsty.

So I had to get my own glass of orange juice. Seriously. It's delicious.

I started yelling, "Nurse! Nurse!" from my office, but my wife responded with, "WTF are you yelling about?!?"

No compassion.

FAX
03-18-2009, 09:23 PM

ROFL

Well, they're a whole lot better than one of those bananenemas. Or a cocoanutema. Those sunsabitches are the worst. Talk about a asshole.

FAX

Spott
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
ROFL

Well, they're a whole lot better than one of those bananenemas. Or a cocoanutema. Those sunsabitches are the worst. Talk about a asshole.

FAX

No shit. Those are saved for the real assholes, like those freaking people from that Mensa place.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:28 PM
So the next time you are in the hospital and get the feeling that caregiver just doesn't give a shit. You are right!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 09:29 PM
If you need help, just start a thread on CP.

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Next a special needs teacher is going to start a thread complaining about that fucking blind kid she has to help.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Next a special needs teacher is going to start a thread complaining about that ****ing blind kid she has to help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't get me started on blind peeps.

They are the absolute worst, Mr. Pioli Zombie. Talk about your a asshole. Sometimes, when those bastards can't afford a dog, they'll ask you for help crossing the friggin' street. For God's sake. If you need help crossing the street, don't get blind. That's what I say.

FAX

Pioli Zombie
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
And those stupid people in wheelchairs. What's with those freaks? I mean, how lame is that? Get it? Lame? Look at me. I can't walk. I can't walk. You can't walk? Well that was a stupid fucking thing to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Damn delemas. The medical comunitee has been fighting these delemas for decaids. No one nos it better than Ms. badgirl. We need more monee for reeserch and human triles.

FAX

Ok, oK I left out a m . For making fun of me you will never get any OJ.

You guys are making me laugh out loud, ssshhh patients are sleeping.

Katipan
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Ok, oK I left out a m .

LMAOLMAO

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 09:51 PM

FAX

Now your just being a asshole.

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Ok, oK I left out a m . For making fun of me you will never get any OJ.

You guys are making me laugh out loud, ssshhh patients are sleeping.

Ok gochiefs it is so cool you came up with a chick persona. After all, with this alter ego, you have a legitimate chance of getting laid even it means fucking yourself. And if you're not gochiefs alter ego... YOUR AN ASSHOLE... I kid, I kid, sorta.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Ok gochiefs it is so cool you came up with a chick persona. After all, with this alter ego, you have a legitimate chance of getting laid even it means ****ing yourself. And if you're not gochiefs alter ego... YOUR AN ASSHOLE... I kid, I kid, sorta.

Guess we're all assholes.:huh:

badgirl
03-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think the IP really pays much attention especially access is denied on anything that we may get into trouble over.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 10:04 PM
This.

oh look, Luv found a playmate.:rolleyes:

FAX
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't think the IP really pays much attention especially access is denied on anything that we may get into trouble over.

Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Those guys in IP are probably just a bunch of orange juicers, anyhow.

FAX

badgirl
03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Those guys in IP are probably just a bunch of orange juicers, anyhow.

FAX

Well the worse they will do is say not to do it anymore. They're more like prune juicers.

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Guess we're all assholes.:huh:

How many personalities do you have there gochiefs? And the "your" was a reference to "your" inability to differentiate between YOUR AND YOU'RE. At least in boxing someone will stop a fight. I find our exchange much like hitting a speed bag... entertaining for awhile, but the outcome is too predictable.

By now the help light has been going off for at least 20 minutes, so go tell that cancer patient to shake it off and you will get them some pain medication when you get off the Internet. Oh wait, you can't do anything but give them an unopened bottle of OJ.

Shit, that means you have to get ahold of your boss to get the meds, fuck that, keep blowing off the light and stay on the internet. Hey good news, Obama want's socialized health care which means your uneducated, unmotivated and underachieving ass will most likely get a raise.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
How many personalities do you have there gochiefs? And the "your" was a reference to "your" inability to differentiate between YOUR AND YOU'RE. At least in boxing someone will stop a fight. I find our exchange much like hitting a speed bag... entertaining for awhile, but the outcome is too predictable.

By now the help light has been going off for at least 20 minutes, so go tell that cancer patient to shake it off and you will get them some pain medication when you get off the Internet. Oh wait, you can't do anything but give them an unopened bottle of OJ.

Shit, that means you have to get ahold of your boss to get the meds, **** that, keep blowing off the light and stay on the internet. Hey good news, Obama want's socialized health care which means your uneducated, unmotivated and underachieving ass will most likely get a raise.

I make 12. bucks an hours mayby not great but pretty good for around here, now I am starting to nursing school in May, already passed my Entrance Exam, now something else prick, I would like to say nurses cannot do their job without aids, there is now fuc*ing way. Guess if your say mother went to the hospital and say she was really old, and needed to be turned over every 2 hours to keep he from getting bed sores, do you think the nurse will do that? Hell no!!! When the Dr. needs a stool specimen sent to the lab to see if mommy dearest is shitting blood or has c-diff etc. Who the hell do you think does that? This fu*cking unachiever, uneducated bitch, thats who. Hey maybe when mom shits herself laying in the damn bed, ask the damn nurse to do something about it. The CNA may be to damn busy passing god damn orange juice. You sir, can kiss my ass and go f*ck yourself .

Bugeater
03-18-2009, 10:48 PM
nurses cannot do their job without aids
:spock:

stevieray
03-18-2009, 10:50 PM
I make 12. bucks an hours mayby not great but pretty good for around here, now I am starting to nursing school in May, already passed my Entrance Exam, now something else prick, I would like to say nurses cannot do their job without aids, there is now fuc*ing way. Guess if your say mother went to the hospital and say she was really old, and needed to be turned over every 2 hours to keep he from getting bed sores, do you think the nurse will do that? Hell no!!! When the Dr. needs a stool specimen sent to the lab to see if mommy dearest is shitting blood or has c-diff etc. Who the hell do you think does that? This fu*cking unachiever, uneducated bitch, thats who. Hey maybe when mom shits herself laying in the damn bed, ask the damn nurse to do something about it. The CNA may be to damn busy passing god damn orange juice. You sir, can kiss my ass and go f*ck yourself .

please don't end up abusing the elderly in nursing homes.

it takes a special kind of person to serve others..see Clara Barton.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 10:50 PM

They can't. Ask one and see if they can do their job and ours.

DeezNutz
03-18-2009, 10:51 PM

LMAO

CP classic to cherry pick a phrase.

Reminds me of the thread about a dog that started, literally, fucking a kid. Somewhere in the story, the phrase "the dog finished" appeared, and this resulted in comedy gold, in a sick, I shouldn't laugh but have to, kind of way.

Bugeater
03-18-2009, 10:55 PM
They can't. Ask one and see if they can do their job and ours.
I definitely wouldn't want my nurse to have aids.

JOhn
LMAO

CP classic to cherry pick a phrase.

Reminds me of the thread about a dog that started, literally, ****ing a kid. Somewhere in the story, the phrase "the dog finished" appeared, and this resulted in comedy gold, in a sick, I shouldn't laugh but have to, kind of way.

LMAO

badgirl
I didn't even have to work till after my divorce, I left a man who probably makes more than anyone on here. I was a housewife and mother to 3 kids and I was almost 30 when I started to work, been doing crap work ever since, but now the kids are grown and out I need to do something different.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 10:56 PM
I definitely wouldn't want my nurse to have aids.

ok CNA's , better?

badgirl
03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
please don't end up abusing the elderly in nursing homes.

it takes a special kind of person to serve others..see Clara Barton.

I don't abuse anyone, why the hell would I abuse someone?

Bugeater
03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
ok CNA's , better?
Anything is better than aids. That shit never goes away.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't only do crappy stuff that has to be done, but I have also done chest compressions in a code, pulled art. lines out after angiograms, drew blood for the lab and ran ACT's to see if the blood was thick enough to pull the line. Most places it takes 2 RN's to do the line pulling it used to be only dr.s who done it. I got to do most of this stuff in CCU at St. Johns. Except the code I done it in the ER a couple of months ago. But I do get the other things to, but it has to be done.

JOhn
03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Anything is better than aids. That shit never goes away.

Not like the old days...couple of shot's and the shit goes away. :shake:

so I heard :rolleyes:

LMAOROFL

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Hang in there badgirl. You've done a good job fending off all these idiots. I appreciate your efforts to better yourself. Keep it up!!!!!!

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2009, 11:08 PM

You are killing me smalls! Hey maybe I caught you on a bad night. The word you were looking for is "no" not "now" anyway I am glad to read you are trying to better yourself. I have been pretty hard on you, and I hope you were venting and not stating how you treat people. Good luck to you and the people you treat. When it comes down to it the people you treat are the ones I worry about.

Count Zarth
03-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Hang in there badgirl. You've done a good job fending off all these idiots.

Oh the irony.

badgirl
03-18-2009, 11:18 PM
You are killing me smalls! Hey maybe I caught you on a bad night. The word you were looking for is "no" not "now" anyway I am glad to read you are trying to better yourself. I have been pretty hard on you, and I hope you were venting and not stating how you treat people. Good luck to you and the people you treat. When it comes down to it the people you treat are the ones I worry about.

Its ok, yea venting is what I was doing, nothing more, I am good to my patients, and I do treat them well.

I know I get on here and complain a lot, but in reality I don't have anyone else I can vent to, pathetic, but true.

OMG Redrum just said for me to be a pornstar like my mom. LOL

badgirl
03-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Hang in there badgirl. You've done a good job fending off all these idiots. I appreciate your efforts to better yourself. Keep it up!!!!!!

Thanks Skip.:)

Sam Hall
03-18-2009, 11:21 PM
please don't go off and do any of these things

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxuCfImBN94&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxuCfImBN94&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sTJcBHA9bhM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sTJcBHA9bhM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN-sYaTIjWs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN-sYaTIjWs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>