PDA

View Full Version : Football The nation's top-ranked high school QB plays for Wichita

Sam Hall
03-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Anyone seen him play? I think he's at the same school as Arthur Brown and Bryce Brown.

<div><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="400" height="333" id="yfop"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="id=12548211&shareEnable=0" /><embed src="http://d.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf" width="400" height="330" name="yfop" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=12548211&shareEnable=0"></embed></object><br /><a href="/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Blake-Bell-talks-recruiting-47920">AMP: Blake Bell talks recruiting</a> @ <a href="http://rivals.yahoo.com/video" >Rivals Video</a></div>

kcjayhawks5
03-18-2009, 10:48 AM
no he is not from the same school as the brown borthers. blake bell goes to bishop carroll in wichita

tonyetony
03-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Does the name Mike Bell sound familiar? That would be his Uncle. His dad is Mark, Mike's twin brother. His pedigree says that you should look for him to land in the Big 12 since Colorado is where dad and uncle launched their NFL careers from.

Sam Hall
03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Please don't go to Oklahoma

Ceej
03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Kind of weird Wichita had the #1 RB this year, the #1 QB next year and 2-3 years from now (I forget) possibly a top 5 kid for basketball.

Skip Towne
03-18-2009, 11:09 AM
I hope Mangino sits on him till he commits to KU.

Sam Hall
03-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Sounds like he doesn't have any favorites. I've heard Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma are in the mix.

sedated
03-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Sounds like he doesn't have any favorites. I've heard Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma are in the mix.

He went to the early recruiting event at KU, but a lot of KU fans seem to think he has a hardon for Oklahoma

Sam Hall
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
He went to the early recruiting event at KU, but a lot of KU fans seem to think he has a hardon for Oklahoma

I've heard he likes OU. I think we should prepare ourselves for the bad news.

Great Expectations
03-18-2009, 12:35 PM
OU was his favorite team growing up, they have the advantage right now. Their top two QB's were Blake and Connor Wood. Wood verballed to Fexas so look for OU to get Blake.

Chocolate Hog
03-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Nebraska doesn't need him they got Cody Green

skky man
03-18-2009, 01:59 PM
I've heard he likes OU. I think we should prepare ourselves for the bad news.

That's great news! He can go to Norman sit a year or two and then light up ESPN highlight reels! :p:thumb:

It's not a bad gig it's just how the roll at OU! Boomer Sooner!

Thig Lyfe
03-18-2009, 02:08 PM

Oh my God, imagine the pandemonium if the best QB prospect in the nation signs with KU.

GRCOAT

Rooster
03-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I hope Mangino sits on him till he commits to KU.

LMAOLMAO That just might be a very powerful recruiting tool for Mangino.

buddha
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Bell may be good, Brown may be good, however, this is more likely a Jeremy Crabtree slanted ranking because he can easily go see Wichita football and then hype those kids. Bryce Brown dominated Wichita football, but what does that mean? Seriously, the dude might be the next Barry Sanders and ACTUALLY be that great. However, it's tough to know unless you see him play against Texas competition week in and week out.

HolyHandgernade
03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
http://theshiver.com/2009/03/theshiv...th-blake-bell/

TheShiver catches up with Blake Bell

March 9, 2009 by Matt Scott

Recruiting was kind of quiet for Bishop Carroll (KS) quarterback Blake Bell, that is until his coaches started getting his video out to colleges around the country. Now Bell is being contacted and recruited by some of the biggest programs around, including the Kansas Jayhawks.

This past season was a good one for Blake Bell and his Bishop Carroll teammates. Carroll went 9-2 on the season before being knocked out by McPherson during their playoff run.

“It was a fun year. We went to a spread, like Texas Tech or KU’s, and I had 4-5 really good receivers,” Bell said. “One of my receivers was Joe Brown who’s going to Colorado State,” Bell added.

In previous years, the Carroll offense looked more like an option attack then it did a spread. That seemed to change once Bell wasn’t playing receiver because two senior quarterbacks were ahead of him. The new attack has obviously worked for Carroll and for Bell.

As far as his recruitment, Bell has some big trips planned next month while he’s in Georgia for the Nike Elite camp.

“I will be at the camp in April and I plan on visiting Georgia and I will visit Clemson while I’m there,” Bell said.

Georgia and Clemson are just two of the now 23 scholarships that Bell has been offered. With Colorado and Ole Miss starting to call, it’s only a matter of days before it’s a cool 25.

Now that basketball is over, Bell is thinking about making some changes to the growing number of schools on his list.

“I’m thinking about cutting the list down to somewhere around 15 before it gets a little out of hand,” Bell said. “I’ll probably go from 15, to 10, and then to 5 to help keep it from getting too crazy,” Bell added.
The list of schools recruiting Bell is long and included some of the best programs around the country.

Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa, Iowa State, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson, Miami, LSU, and UCLA and many other that Bell rattled off the top of his head.

“When you sit and think about it, it’s tough to realize that some of these programs are looking at you, shows that all the hard work is paying off,” Bell said.

That hard work is why the 6′6″ 215 pound quarterback is getting so many looks. Bell has been labeled as a dual threat quarterback, a label that he doesn’t necessarily agree with.

“I find the dual threat quaterback stuff funny. I can run and make plays, but that doesn’t make me a runner,” Bell said. “If anything I’m much more of a passer, I can just make plays if I need to,” Bell added.

As far as the Jayhawks are concerned, Bell is fresh off his junior day visit to Lawrence and he is still pumped from his Allen Fieldhouse experience.
“Junior day went really well. I was really impressed with the weight room and the new facilities,” Bell said. “I was even more impressed with Allen Fieldhouse and the basketball game. That was actually the first basketball game I’ve ever been to at KU. That video before the games will make that tingly feeling through your body,” Bell added.

In regards to the Jayhawks football program, Bell likes the strides the program has taken to become one of the better programs in the country.
“KU is known as a basketball school, but that is changing a bit. I watched the MU game and that was insane,” Bell said. They (KU) should be good again next year bringing back almost the whole offense. I am excited to watch them next season and where the program is makes me more interested,” Bell added about the Jayhawks.

As far as the other Big 12 school in the state, Bell hasn’t had a lot of contact with Kansas State and their new/old head man Bill Snyder.
“I haven’t had much contact with them since Coach Snyder came back. I plan on checking it out though. I do know Joe Bob (Clements) who used to be at KU. I know coach Snyder did come to my school, but I didn’t speak with him with the rules and all,” Bell added.

While location doesn’t seem to be a problem for Bell, the local schools could still hold an advantage.

“The local schools will always be a big pull being right here near my friends and family, but it’s still pretty cool having some big national programs recruiting me too,” Bell said.

Aside from visits to Georgia and Clemson next month, Bell plans on getting out to Oklahoma in a few weeks for one of their spring practices, as well as a trip to UCLA. He doesn’t know when the UCLA visit will happen, but it is a school he does plan on visiting in the near future.

Bell spends his winters on the hard wood, where he got to face off against 2012 sensation Perry Ellis this season. During their match-ups Bell had to keep reminding himself that Ellis was only a freshman.

“He’s a heck of an athlete. I had to keep reminding myself that he was only a freshman. When he’s a senior, he’s going to be the real deal,” Bell said of Ellis.

Bell has accepted an invitation to the Under Armour All American game next January in Orlando, Florida. The game will also be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.

tonyetony
03-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Bell may be good, Brown may be good, however, this is more likely a Jeremy Crabtree slanted ranking because he can easily go see Wichita football and then hype those kids. Bryce Brown dominated Wichita football, but what does that mean? Seriously, the dude might be the next Barry Sanders and ACTUALLY be that great. However, it's tough to know unless you see him play against Texas competition week in and week out.

That's a ridiculous statement. If Texas High school football was as good as that statement implies then we wouldn't see a Texas D-1 college program ever ranked outside the top ten. I bet you have hard time understanding how any colleges even compete with the likes of Texas given they have their choice of all that Texas talent.

Tribal Warfare
03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
How tall is that kid he looks like 6'6" or 6'7"

tboss27
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
How tall is that kid he looks like 6'6" or 6'7"

Listed at 6'6" Haven't seen him play but will definitely try to see him next year at some point.

KCChiefsMan
03-18-2009, 05:43 PM
if he ever wants to win a bowl game he'll go to KU over OU

WhitiE
03-18-2009, 05:58 PM
im a dumbass...

WhitiE
03-18-2009, 05:59 PM
ahahahaha i delivered his family's tvs......

Sam Hall
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
He committed to Oklahoma. At least it's early and our teams can look for other quarterbacks.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
It was going to be OU from the start from what im told, Hes a big OU fan, and it was his dream to play for OU

ArrowheadHawk
04-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Fuck KU and KState can't even keep instate recruits here.

Sam Hall
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah, OU was supposedly his favorite team growing up. I don't know if he's still going to Nebraska's spring game. I hope he stays home if the Huskers have no chance of signing him. Don't waste the coaches' time.