PDA

View Full Version : General Politics We The People Stimulus Package

SBK
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Interesting video, a lot of great ideas to take care of our 'non-representing representatives'.....

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

SBK
03-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I'll add a few comments:
I agree that Congress should have to live by the same rules we do
I agree that we should take away the 'perks' that come with being in Congress, they're our part time employees, not our masters
I also agree that power corrupts and there should be term limits for Congress

Among other things. I'm tired of our Congress, both sides of the isle. They work for me, they are not my master.

BucEyedPea
03-18-2009, 08:03 PM
But, but, but you're gonna be accused of needing to wear a white wig because *gasp* freedom and representative govt are out of date.

mlyonsd
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
I think Congress should be forced to live by the same standards they dole out.

Say, health care.

Hydrae
03-19-2009, 07:35 AM

Say, health care.

Retirement funding options.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-19-2009, 10:26 AM

Say, health care.

like saying one thing and then voting another? I think a bigger problem area would be the executive branch having too much power.

***SPRAYER
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
It's too late. All we can do at this point is await the military dictatorship.

petegz28
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I'll add a few comments:
I agree that Congress should have to live by the same rules we do
I agree that we should take away the 'perks' that come with being in Congress, they're our part time employees, not our masters
I also agree that power corrupts and there should be term limits for Congress

Among other things. I'm tired of our Congress, both sides of the isle. They work for me, they are not my master.

:clap:

StcChief
03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
It's too late. All we can do at this point is await the military dictatorship.that's a change at this point I could support. throw all the bums out.

rrl308
03-20-2009, 01:45 AM
that's a change at this point I could support. throw all the bums out.

Be careful for what you wish for.

Jenson71
03-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Boston wasn't the only place that had a tea party.

BucEyedPea
03-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Boston wasn't the only place that had a tea party.

Yeah, I know, three was one here to teach 7 and 8 year old's table manners.

KCTitus
03-20-2009, 06:09 PM
It's too late. All we can do at this point is await the military dictatorship.

At least we have a front row seat to watch the destruction of the greastest country on the earth...ever.

I'm just sad for my kids. They'll never know freedom.

alanm
03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
It's too late. All we can do at this point is await the military dictatorship.Right now I have more faith in the military doing a better job running the country than the clowns that are representing us at the moment.