PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Kansas Man Allegedly Had 2 Wives in Same Apartment Complex

The Rick
03-20-2009, 09:58 AM
OK, which one of you did this? :)

Kansas Man Allegedly Had 2 Wives in Same Apartment Complex
Friday, March 20, 2009

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. A Kansas man faces a bigamy charge after allegedly being married to two women who lived in the same apartment complex.

Charles L. Clemens Jr., 61, of Overland Park is charged with bigamy and other felonies, according to authorities.

Officials say police were called to the complex in November when the second wife went to first wife's apartment to confront Clemens and found out he was married to someone else.

Clemens was arrested this week and made his first court appearance Wednesday.

Erickson says Clemens married his first wife 22 years ago. Court records say the second marriage occurred in January 2006. Both women are in their 50s.

Clemons is also charged with using his father's Social Security card to lease one of the apartments and with stealing jewelry and money from his second wife.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509917,00.html

MIAdragon
03-20-2009, 10:03 AM
IDK why anyone would want a second wife......

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM

Close it down.

Kerberos
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM

Having a second wife would be punishment enough for most of us but to have a second wife and be BOLD ENOUGH to have her living in the same apartment complex is extremely dangerous and quite frankly... STUPID.

Guys that have two wives and live cross country get busted by one or the other. What makes this dickwad think he wouldn't get caught?

:shake:

Katipan
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Having a second wife would be punishment enough for most of us but to have a second wife and be BOLD ENOUGH to have her living in the same apartment complex is extremely dangerous and quite frankly... STUPID.

Guys that have two wives and live cross country get busted by one or the other. What makes this dickwad think he wouldn't get caught?

:shake:

He got away with it for 3 years. He's not working with the brightest women in the world here.

Rooster
03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Doing this in the same apartment complex is amazing. How did this guy pull it off for that long? :eek:

Skip Towne
03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Well, we know it wasn't Claythan. He can't get one woman.

Kerberos
03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
He got away with it for 3 years. He's not working with the brightest women in the world here.

Wurd

This would also work if one or both had mild Alzheimer's.

DJJasonp
03-20-2009, 10:35 AM
This obviously was a ton of work for the man.

He could never go to the complex's pool...or any "community area" of the complex.

Of course - what we dont know is....the wives he had could of been those 500 pound shut-ins who rarely leave the home.

Iowanian
03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Interestingly enough, I've been deviling brideowanian this past week about taking a 2nd wife. I have argued that bringing a 2nd woman into our house, possibly a younger, nubile Venezuelan woman for example, to help take the pressures of homemaking off of her. My poor wife works her fingers to the bone all day, then has to come home to cook, clean, care for the kids. Its just very very taxing. In HER interest and in the interest of taking pressure off of her, freeing up more of her time, and someone else to take care of my piddly noon-time needs could be beneficial for all of us.

So far, my sales pitch has worked about as well as the meat in a truck salesman......

Sully
03-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Anyone ever see the episode of King of Queens with the "Upstairs wife" and the "downstairs wife?"

He gets away with it pretty good untill he adds a third, "Arena wife."

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
That's two wives too many.

Not all us Overland Park folks are that crazy.

DenverDanChiefsFan
03-20-2009, 12:08 PM
IDK why anyone would want a second wife......This.

I have one and some days that is MORE than enough.

BWillie
03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Bigamy is a felony? Are you shittin' me? Hopefully for just tax filing purposes and not moral purposes

vailpass
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
That's two wives too many.

Not all us Overland Park folks are that crazy.

That's not what I gather from watching "The United States of Tara".

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 12:31 PM
That's not what I gather from watching "The United States of Tara".I had no idea that was set here, I don't have showtime. I wonder what made Diablo Cody do that.

Ebolapox
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM
WHY THAT'S BIGAMY!

http://dekerivers.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/shocked-woman_aa039975.jpg

that's big of ME too. that's big of ALL of us!

http://www.spurgeonworld.com/blog/images/groucho.jpg

vailpass
03-20-2009, 12:41 PM
I had no idea that was set here, I don't have showtime. I wonder what made Diablo Cody do that.

Yep its in OP, don't know what made Cody choose it but it seems to work out well. That whole "freaky looks REALLY freaky when set against a 'normal' backdrop" thing I guess.
They make Chiefs and Royals references, think I heard Metcal Ave. mentioned.
Trippy show, not sure what I think about it but wife and I watch it. The gay teenage son is a bit much for me.

PastorMikH
03-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Bigamy is a felony? Are you shittin' me? Hopefully for just tax filing purposes and not moral purposes

Sure is everywhere but maybe Utah - not sure if it is still legal there or not.

Interstingly enough, this got me to thinking how easy it would be a minister to marry a couple with one or both having spouses. I ask their marrital status, but anyone that is knowingly breaking the law by marrying 2 wives isn't going to tell the truth. Same applies at the courthouse when they get their marriage license - the clerks there don't do background checks.

'Course agree with those who share the sentiment of why would you want 2 wives.

StcChief
03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Interstingly enough, this got me to thinking how easy it would be a minister to marry a couple with one or both having spouses. I ask their marrital status, but anyone that is knowingly breaking the law by marrying 2 wives isn't going to tell the truth. Same applies at the courthouse when they get their marriage license - the clerks there don't do background checks.

'Course agree with those who share the sentiment of why would you want 2 wives. <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->with all our modern database technology (though state databases dont talk well). Background checks for guns, (soon ammo) etc. I guess the cost to get married is too cheap (why bother).... may also be why divorce is 50%.

So you register 1 month in advance, pay more knowing they are gonna check you both out..... would stop this BS.

kysirsoze
03-20-2009, 03:15 PM
with all our modern database technology (though state databases dont talk well). Background checks for guns, (soon ammo) etc. I guess the cost to get married is too cheap (why bother).... may also be why divorce is 50%.

So you register 1 month in advance, pay more knowing they are gonna check you both out..... would stop this BS.

LMAO I don't know that failed Bigamy schemes are the reason for the high divorce rate.:hmmm:

PastorMikH
03-20-2009, 03:34 PM
LMAO I don't know that failed Bigamy schemes are the reason for the high divorce rate.:hmmm:

I think with polygamy you wouldn't see much of a rise in the divorce rate but I do think the suicide rate among males would increase.

Kyle DeLexus
03-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone ever see the episode of King of Queens with the "Upstairs wife" and the "downstairs wife?"

"colliseum wife...your my favorite" That is probably my favorite episode.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
I think with polygamy you wouldn't see much of a rise in the divorce rate but I do think the suicide rate among males would increase.Not to mention murder.

Skip Towne
03-20-2009, 06:45 PM

That is my favorite sitcom

Pioli Zombie
03-20-2009, 11:13 PM
So....what does he do at night? Run back and forth?

Yeah. I still have post traumatic stress from life with my ex. The idea of 2 wives makes me want to slam my head against a concrete wall like Jake LaMotta in the jail cell.
Posted via Mobile Device

skky man
03-21-2009, 01:04 AM
How many times can you run out for milk and it take all night? Honestly if a 61 yr old man can make two women happy for 3yrs then leave him the f**k alone. I'm still trying for 3 straight days!

skky man
03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
One more question was it Travis Henery's uncle?