PDA

View Full Version : Life Micjones Screws The Pooch.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I really stepped in it this time boys.

The frustration of a long work week culminated into a ferocious faux pas this afternoon. One where yours truly comes out the other side with egg on his face.

Here's the scene...

In the process of clamoring to get a request done for a client my supervisor walks over to my desk and asks me to review some paperwork and provide her with feedback. This has been a routine process as of late... One that's gotten under my skin. I have enough to do already that I really can't spare additional time to review documents she's responsible for.

Well, in an effort to quickly blow off steam I attempted to send an instant message to one of my co-workers I typically vent to.

Essentially...
I said that I'm sick of being a stop-gap for my supervisor. I also said that I shouldn't have to be responsible for doing her job. I went on to say that I'm not compensated commensurate with that kind of work.

Unfortunately, that message never reached its destination.
Instead... It went to my supervisor.

She responded immediately and asked if I intended the message for her.
I clarified that it was not intended for her and apologized.

I sent a follow-up email further extending an apology and clarifying that I made an irrational decision hastily.

She gave me a very corporate response and declined further comment until Monday.

This doesn't smell good.

Anybody job postings where you work fellas?

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh shit, dude.

My golden rule is never put anything in type or text that I wouldn't want the whole world to read.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
It was a poorly thought out decision that I made in the heat of the moment.

I really screwed the pooch this time. No excuses.

Pestilence
03-20-2009, 05:34 PM
You really should look at changing the title of your thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204504

Pestilence
03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh yeah....and is it common place for people to have IM capablities at work? I've never worked at a job where I was able to IM anybody.

Jenson71
03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Does "essentially" mean you left out all the curse words?

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Do you have any idea what she'll do? Have you had any kind of antoganistic relationship with her (business-wise I mean) prior to now?

rad
03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
That's it?

pffft.....don't sweat it. What's she gonna fire you for? Complaining about doing her job? If that's the case, you and your future employer can have a hearty laugh over it.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah....and is it common place for people to have IM capablities at work? I've never worked at a job where I was able to IM anybody.

It's interoffice IM. Microsoft Communicator.

Iowanian
That's worse than the email I sent to a buddy about a girlfriend I was thinking about dumping because she was being a bidge and I was "sniffing around another one"....but sent it to her instead.

That sounds like an ass chewing/conversation coming, but I'd doubt a firing would be in order unless she needed a reason.

Micjones
Does "essentially" mean you left out all the curse words?

I didn't curse at all.
No namecalling.

Just super irreverent.

Otter
If that's all you essentially said I wouldn't worry about. If there were threats or insults involved then I might start worrying.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:42 PM
That's it?

pffft.....don't sweat it. What's she gonna fire you for? Complaining about doing her job? If that's the case, you and your future employer can have a hearty laugh over it.

In the grand scheme of things I don't think it's grounds for dismissal, but Kansas is a right to work state.

I can be lifted for any reason. Especially pissing my supervisor off.

I'm hoping the fact that I've known her several years before ever working here that she'll keep that in mind before making a decision.

I don't know for certain though.
Power is a pretty...powerful thing.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:43 PM
If that's all you essentially said I wouldn't worry about. If there were threats or insults involved then I might start worrying.

None at all.

I was just bitching to a co-worker, but oddly I used pretty vanilla language.
And I didn't disparage her at all.

Pestilence
In the grand scheme of things I don't think it's grounds for dismissal, but Kansas is a right to work state.

I can be lifted for any reason. Especially pissing my supervisor off.

I'm hoping the fact that I've known her several years before ever working here that she'll keep that in mind before making a decision.

I don't know for certain though.
Power is a pretty...powerful thing.

I wouldn't have typed up the e-mail afterwards. I would have gone into her office and talked to her face to face. Just let her know that you were stressed out and you honestly made a mistake.

Micjones
Do you have any idea what she'll do? Have you had any kind of antoganistic relationship with her (business-wise I mean) prior to now?

We actually have a good relationship otherwise.
Her nephew is one of my best friends. I knew her 2-3 years prior to us being co-workers.

FAX
There's only one course of action in this case, Mr. Micjones.

You must cut off one of your toes, gift wrap it, and mail it to her along with about $200 in cash. That should save your job.

FAX

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't have typed up the e-mail afterwards. I would have gone into her office and talked to her face to face. Just let her know that you were stressed out and you honestly made a mistake.

I probably should've.
It was just really awkward timing and I wasn't sure how she'd respond.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Be ready to kiss a little ass. You're not getting fired. Although you may want to start looking for another job. It depends on how thick her skin is.

I've been getting frustrated at work as well. Layoffs means everyone else carries an extra load. Many without any raises to go along with it. Honestly, I know this sounds terrible, but I would not only apologize, I would also take accountability for my "bad attitude" and offer to take that on as part of my work load.

Frankly, the extra work won't be half as bad as a supervisor that continually has an ax to grind with you. Try and salvage it, or find a new job immediately.

stevieray
03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
worst case scenario..you already know.

best case scenario..if she was truly putting her responsibiliteis on you, hopefully she'll own up to it..at least she knows how you feel, and then have the open door policy talk.

good luck

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Be ready to kiss a little ass. You're not getting fired. Although you may want to start looking for another job. It depends on how thick her skin is.

I've been getting frustrated at work as well. Layoffs means everyone else carries an extra load. Many without any raises to go along with it. Honestly, I know this sounds terrible, but I would not only apologize, I would also take accountability for my "bad attitude" and offer to take that on as part of my work load.

Frankly, the extra work won't be half as bad as a supervisor that continually has an ax to grind with you. Try and salvage it, or find a new job immediately.

Great advice Flops.

That's precisely what I'm feeling like at this point.
We've just been advised that there won't be any merit increases this year.
They also just discontinued an incentive program that's been padding wallets for the last calendar year.

Lots of earning-potential shrinkage lately.

I was really on edge at that moment.
I should've just gotten up and take a breather.

Bearcat
03-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow. How long have you worked there? For that supervisor?

A guy who sat across from me at a previous job would IM me at times, mostly if he didn't want the rest of the office to hear.... and one day he was talking about our boss and some issue at work, and then mentioned that he had a meeting with her in his cube, but that she was late. He would sometimes refer to how she dressed in fairly professional terms, such as "she dresses like that because she knows everyone is looking", but a few minutes earlier he had said something about her dressing trashy......

So, without the manager in site, I messaged him and said "so, when's the tramp supposed to show up?", and a couple of minutes later she stops by. I look over at his computer, and the IM window is in the background, still highlighted. So, I completely pull a "I was going to ask you something, but can't remember...." out of my ass, and while I'm talking to her, the guy starts laughing hysterically.

Not that she would have necessarily read it had she been sitting in his cube, and not that she necessarily knew my screename well enough to instantly recall who it was and who they were talking about.... and it was all in jest, because I really liked her as a manager... but, damn.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:49 PM
worst case scenario..you already know.

best case scenario..if she was truly putting her responsibiliteis on you, hopefully she'll own up to it..at least she knows how you feel, and then have the open door policy talk.

good luck

A dear friend of mine said that this situation is bigger than even I can currently absorb.

She said that this happened because it was something my supervisor needed to hear.

That's fine and well, but I don't want to sacrifice my job just to be part of someone else's growth. That explanation didn't make me feel any better.

But then again, I screwed this up... Can't blame anyone else.
It's on me 100%.

Bearcat
03-20-2009, 05:49 PM

Ah... good luck.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 05:50 PM
We actually have a good relationship otherwise.
Her nephew is one of my best friends. I knew her 2-3 years prior to us being co-workers.Sounds like a mendable fence. May take some time, you've hurt her feelings (which she won't think she deserved, whether she actually did or not). Apology should help, but it's going to be uncomfortable come Monday as you already know.

Bearcat
03-20-2009, 05:51 PM

I had one job that let us use AIM (Trillian, actually), and another job that uses Lotus Notes IM, and I'm at a customer site that uses Google chat.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow. How long have you worked there? For that supervisor?

I'm inching up on 3 years now.
And I've worked directly under her for about 2 of those 3 years.
There've been some changes so she recently became my direct supervisor...
Previously she was in a different position.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a mendable fence. May take some time, you've hurt her feelings (which she won't think she deserved, whether she actually did or not). Apology should help, but it's going to be uncomfortable come Monday as you already know.

I can live with that.

And I fully believe you have to put as much effort into fixing a mistake as you did into making it...
So I'm prepared to do what it takes.

Hell...
Even if it permanently damages our relationship...
I can live with that as long as it doesn't cost me my job.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
A dear friend of mine said that this situation is bigger than even I can currently absorb.

She said that this happened because it was something my supervisor needed to hear.

That's fine and well, but I don't want to sacrifice my job just to be part of someone else's growth. That explanation didn't make me feel any better.

It's on me 100%.

I think that if you take that attitude into her office on Monday morning your results will be good. In my experiences in managerial roles, most people don't take accountability for mistakes. They always find a reason (i.e excuse) for why things happen in unfavorable ways.

Psyko Tek
03-20-2009, 05:54 PM
fuck it dude
jsu have your buddy ready to "let" your Im company wide
if you get fired burn the MOFO DOWN

of course I'm 4 fosters ale into a friday
so take that in to consideration

good luck

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I think that if you take that attitude into her office on Monday morning your results will be good. In my experiences in managerial roles, most people don't take accountability for mistakes. They always find a reason (i.e excuse) for why things happen in unfavorable ways.

I was raised to own up to my mistakes.
Be a man about them regardless of the consequences.

No excuses. I fucked up.
I really did.

And it's worse because she's someone I've known for a while now.
I love her as a person. As a supervisor? Not so much. But then again, she can only be responsible, but for so much of that... She's subordinate to her superiors as well.

Fire Me Boy!
I've been the person in charge of installing that IM software at my company. I've made a note of telling everyone that if they have something to say about anyone to someone else, it's really a lot safe to stand up and walk over to that person.

Paper trails suck.

Bearcat
Sounds like a mendable fence. May take some time, you've hurt her feelings (which she won't think she deserved, whether she actually did or not). Apology should help, but it's going to be uncomfortable come Monday as you already know.

I think so, too... just like you did with the email, I wouldn't try to avoid it, I'd confront her about it again on Monday, apologize again, and maybe even turn the table slightly and say something along the lines of "when I have an issue, I know I should talk to you first in a professional manner, instead of letting my frustrations get to me". By the end of the meeting, she'll be apologizing to you. ;)

stevieray
03-20-2009, 05:56 PM

It's on me 100%.

I'm hoping she will own up to it and you both grow...three years is quite some time..you prolly have a good guage on who she is ..fair or not...while it's a bummer to worry all weekend..it actually works in your favor...she couldv'e fired you on the spot..the fact that she is willing to think about it can only help your case..

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I've been the person in charge of installing that IM software at my company. I've made a note of telling everyone that if they have something to say about anyone to someone else, it's really a lot safe to stand up and walk over to that person.

Paper trails suck.

Trust me, I've learned a valuable lesson today.
I'm done sending IM's of this type altogether.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I think so, too... just like you did with the email, I wouldn't try to avoid it, I'd confront her about it again on Monday, apologize again, and maybe even turn the table slightly and say something along the lines of "when I have an issue, I know I should talk to you first in a professional manner, instead of letting my frustrations get to me". By the end of the meeting, she'll be apologizing to you. ;)

That's exactly what my friend said.
Thanks.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm hoping she will own up to it and you both grow...three years is quite some time..you prolly have a good guage on who she is ..fair or not...while it's a bummer to worry all weekend..it actually works in your favor...she couldv'e fired you on the spot..the fact that she is willing to think about it can only help your case..

I'm not certain if that's why she declined comment and decided to pick this up Monday.

Her supervisor is out. As is HR. Everyone who would normally mediate or analyze situations like these is gone for the day.

That might be why she's choosing to wait.
So that this can be escalated to someone else.

Mr. Flopnuts
I was raised to own up to my mistakes.
Be a man about them regardless of the consequences.

No excuses. I fucked up.
I really did.

And it's worse because she's someone I've known for a while now.
I love her as a person. As a supervisor? Not so much. But then again, she can only be responsible, but for so much of that... She's subordinate to her superiors as well.

Everybody fucks up. The ones that actually learn something from it are the real winners. You'll be just fine. I'm confident of it.

Micjones
Everybody fucks up. The ones that actually learn something from it are the real winners. You'll be just fine. I'm confident of it.

Flops, I hope you're right. I really do.

Bearcat
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Paper trails suck.

Very true... I've had coworkers talk about others in the office, and besides my one little mistake below, I try to respond like I work in HR. Don't let the IM app log history, and remember that someone else could be logging history. I deleted all that crap before I left. When I got promoted at my last job, I got a laptop, and before I thought about turning the history off, I was looking through history for something and noticed that all of the previous guy's history was in there, too.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:04 PM
*Shaking my head*

I've been frustrated behind situations at work before.
I can't believe I flipped out in such a way where I was so careless I didn't bother to check the name BEFORE I sent the IM.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 06:05 PM
*Shaking my head*

I've been frustrated behind situations at work before.
I can't believe I flipped out in such a way where I was so careless I didn't bother to check the name BEFORE I sent the IM.Maybe your subconscious took over and said 'fuck it, enough already'.

LOCOChief
03-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm notorious for this, getting caught that is. Bad luck I suppose I have a tendency to throw it all out there and scramble to gather it back in, It's not a hard recovery and no need to lose any self respect in the process but it doesn't happen by email imo.

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Good luck, Mic.

It sounds like something that needed to be said, intentional or not. As an "underling", I always openly expressed my needs and issues with my superiors. Once I was in charge of large departments, I had Monday morning meetings with my people to discuss everything from their weekend to work-related issues. It really helped ease tensions and to help distribute the workload properly.

I "might" be upset if I had receive that IM but more than likely, I would have been more self-reflective. I hope your superior feels that same way.

From where I sit, I don't see any grounds for firing but I think it's probably a good idea to talk her a little more in depth about your responsibilities.

Good luck.

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2009, 06:12 PM

We had IM at Paramount Pictures as far back as 1997. I was way too busy to "chat" but I'd walk around the office and see others constantly engaged in conversation. It was kind of disgusting but, they weren't "my people".

What really disgusted me was a visit to HR. Every single person had multiple IM windows open and many where on the phone chatting simultaneously.

It irritates me even now to think about it.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Maybe your subconscious took over and said 'fuck it, enough already'.

That's definitely what it was, but I mishandled the situation terribly.
I should've gotten up and gone to the bathroom or something.
Dealt with it later.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm notorious for this, getting caught that is. Bad luck I suppose I have a tendency to throw it all out there and scramble to gather it back in, It's not a hard recovery and no need to lose any self respect in the process but it doesn't happen by email imo.

You and me both. I swear... I could NEVER do crime.
I ALWAYS pay full price. I don't get away with anything.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Good luck, Mic.

It sounds like something that needed to be said, intentional or not. As an "underling", I always openly expressed my needs and issues with my superiors. Once I was in charge of large departments, I had Monday morning meetings with my people to discuss everything from their weekend to work-related issues. It really helped ease tensions and to help distribute the workload properly.

I "might" be upset if I had receive that IM but more than likely, I would have been more self-reflective. I hope your superior feels that same way.

From where I sit, I don't see any grounds for firing but I think it's probably a good idea to talk her a little more in depth about your responsibilities.

Good luck.

I can't pretend that what I said wasn't irreverent. I won't.
It was.

But I think some supervisors here go so overboard with their titles that they always lose the forest in the trees. I'm hoping that doesn't happen here, but my suspicion is that it will.

Buehler445
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey mic.

That's a bum deal. I have written some pretty horrible things about people I work with in emails to a ventable person in my office also. Every time I push send, I hope nobody in MIS picks it up or my supervisor decides to read it. I should really stop.

As for your situation, the first thing I would do is document what happens in case they do decide to fire you for it. A copy of the comments, then what she told you and your email and all that. There have been several incidents that happen that would be a lot better if the person had documented what happened. If she's got her feelers hurt, she may make it worse than it was.

I think these guys' advice is sound. I would continue to be apologetic and confront her about it soon. I don't THINK that is a fireable offense but you never know. I would be sure to have your ducks in a row. Have why you said what you said ready to go. Also, Take actionable steps to rectify the situation (the review situation), such as what you can do to rectify the need for review. Be absolutely as proactive as possible. The critical points is acknowledgement of inappropriate behavior and provide reasonable assurance that it won't happen again.

Now is a pretty bad time to be looking for a job. I'll send you a smoke in a couple hours.

Best of luck, bud.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Buehler.

I appreciate your advice.

A part of me thinks this will be a situation where she'll respond out of emotion and make more of this than it really is. I fucked up and gave her that platform though. Can't be mad at her for that.

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I can't pretend that what I said wasn't irreverent. I won't.
It was.

But I think some supervisors here go so overboard with their titles that they always lose the forest in the trees. I'm hoping that doesn't happen here, but my suspicion is that it will.

Well, best of luck Dude.

RedNeckRaider
03-20-2009, 06:39 PM
ROFL :doh!: Yep you did screw up! however if she is like most she is smart enough to use the old " A wise man gets more from enemies than a fool from his friends" She may use this to leverage you a bit, unless she is less than bright she will let this go. Remember if she calls you out she must explain what you were talking about, something she may not want to do! Good luck.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Well, best of luck Dude.

Thanks Dane.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:45 PM
ROFL :doh!: Yep you did screw up! however if she is like most she is smart enough to use the old " A wise man gets more from enemies than a fool from his friends" She may use this to leverage you a bit, unless she is less than bright she will let this go. Remember if she calls you out she must explain what you were talking about, something she may not want to do! Good luck.

Thanks Raider.

I love that passage you quoted. It's something I'll keep in mind.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 06:47 PM
I should've gotten up and gone to the bathroom or something. Remember: angry masturbation is the solution to every problem.

Micjones
03-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Remember: angry masturbation is the solution to every problem.

With my luck I'd have been caught beating off in a stall somewhere.
Not sure that's any better.
ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2009, 06:54 PM
With my luck I'd have been caught beating off in a stall somewhere.
Not sure that's any better.
ROFL

With her picture taped to the stall door.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 06:58 PM
With her picture taped to the stall door.Or over the toilet seat.

Mecca
03-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about fucking a dog..

Skip Towne
03-20-2009, 07:11 PM
These new fangled electronc devices are a bitch. I hate 'em.

rad
03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about ****ing a dog..

Disappointed?

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Disappointed?He was hoping for pics, or maybe video.

rad
03-20-2009, 07:21 PM
He was hoping for pics, or maybe video.

If Mecca was a total douche, instead of just a douche, I'd say something about him hoping to finally see pictures of his mother in here, but I won't. Mecca's alright....I'd just like to see him use a comma once in a while.

Mecca
03-20-2009, 07:21 PM
He was hoping for pics, or maybe video.

Now don't group me into your little fantasy.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Mecca's the only guy I know who was disappointed when he found out that Animal Farm wasn't a porno.

Mecca
03-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Mecca's the only guy I know who was disappointed when he found out that Animal Farm wasn't a porno.

What is barnyard fun? oh shit delete, delete, delete.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 07:36 PM
What is barnyard fun? oh shit delete, delete, delete.Back before torrents, I'd occasionally download a video off of limewire or whatever the hell I was using at the time, that would be something like "hot college girl sucking giant cock.wmv". They, however, (intentially I'm assuming) forgot to mention it was a ****ing HORSE'S cock.

Oh, those were the days, the pornographic hijinks.

Man, we've sidetracked this thread.

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Try not to let this eat you up over the weekend, mic. In all honesty, based on how you've described it, what happened shouldn't be that big of a deal. Nothing that two adults shouldn't be able to solve through a single conversation.

If for some reason she reacts more strongly, this isn't a work environment you want to be in any longer anyway.

Good luck! I'm sure there will be a smooth conclusion.

Mecca
03-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Send her a picture of your weiner it'll all blow over.

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Your syntax was ****ed up.

I'm sure you meant: "...it will blow all over her."

Mecca raises an important point, mic. Be prepared to courtesy fuck her, especially if she's unfortunate looking.

keg in kc
03-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Send her a picture of your weiner it'll all blow over.Well, they do say laughter's the best medicine...

Valiant
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
It was a poorly thought out decision that I made in the heat of the moment.

I really screwed the pooch this time. No excuses.

CP note: Just claim racism like you usually do..

Realistic note: Good luck, hopefully she just forgets about it and starts doing her job..

wazu
03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Good luck, Mic. I can't imagine she'll fire you for that. If she were "looking for a reason" this one would be pretty lame. I would think HR would consider it a minor offense and think it very petty if she suddenly was pushing for some severe punishment.

I've been in leadership positions where I knew people resented me for one reason or another. If I had gotten an IM like this I would have considered the embarrassment punishment enough, and told them not to worry about it.

Groves
03-20-2009, 08:28 PM
looks like this thread is sure to keep going til Monday sometime, eh?

Rain Man
03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
You'll never hear another word about it, Micjones. She'll just sabotage you behind your back for the rest of your career.

wazu
03-20-2009, 08:36 PM
The sad thing is, she obviously values Mic's professional abilities since she trusts him to review her work. Even though I can't conceive of a firing, that is probably the worst part.

wild1
03-20-2009, 08:39 PM
that sucks. everyone is going eventually to do the "wrong recipient" or the "inadvertent reply to all"

it's best just to keep everything to yourself at work and be businesslike in any electronic medium

Thig Lyfe
03-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Dude, set that IM to a nice beat and make a song out of it. Bam, instant positive!

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2009, 08:46 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/29wok3.gif

Iowanian
03-20-2009, 09:20 PM
You know, the other side of this coin to consider.

Its possible that she's been giving you additional responsibilities, to see if you could handle them, in consideration of future promotion.

I'd say when you talk to her, explain that you were concerned that you would be able to continue to perform your tasks at a high level and were frustrated because of concern about doing a good job. Explain that if she needs your assistance, you'd be pleased to help her, but that you need to make schedule arrangements or see if you can dump a task to someone else to allow it.

Mr. Kotter
03-20-2009, 11:39 PM
You know, the other side of this coin to consider.

Its possible that she's been giving you additional responsibilities, to see if you could handle them, in consideration of future promotion.

I'd say when you talk to her, explain that you were concerned that you would be able to continue to perform your tasks at a high level and were frustrated because of concern about doing a good job. Explain that if she needs your assistance, you'd be pleased to help her, but that you need to make schedule arrangements or see if you can dump a task to someone else to allow it.

Excellent suggestion/response. Nice, Mr. Iowanian. :thumb:

FTR, if that doesn't work....I'd just be honest with her about your frustrations. WTF, right? :shrug:

dj56dt58
03-21-2009, 01:55 AM
talk to her supervisor about it before she can talk to you

mikey23545
03-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Damn, Mic...Good luck with this situation.

I think there's already been a ton of good advice doled out, so I'll just commiserate with you...There's nothing worse than committing one of those acts you immediately regret, and realize there's no way to take it back, but to have to stew in your own juices all weekend worrying about what the ramifications will be is an added little twist of the anxiety knife.

Just hang tough, dude...I really think things will work out for you. No reasonable supervisor is going to dump a valued employee over something like this.

big nasty kcnut
03-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Tell her you were stressing out then say your sorry and let's put in the past.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
03-21-2009, 12:51 PM

On the contrary Mecca. She's a lesbian.
A stud even.

Micjones
03-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Damn, Mic...Good luck with this situation.

I think there's already been a ton of good advice doled out, so I'll just commiserate with you...There's nothing worse than committing one of those acts you immediately regret, and realize there's no way to take it back, but to have to stew in your own juices all weekend worrying about what the ramifications will be is an added little twist of the anxiety knife.

Just hang tough, dude...I really think things will work out for you. No reasonable supervisor is going to dump a valued employee over something like this.

I swear all while I slept last night that's all I could think about.
I must've had three separate dreams about this situation.

I really hope the embarrassment/anxiety is the worst of it.
But even this...is pretty bad.

I've learned my lesson though.

Bowser
03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
On the contrary Mecca. She's a lesbian.
A stud even.

Tell her you'll be happy to have a mold made of your ween so she can use it on her girlfriend, if she'll just overlook your hasty IM.

Rain Man
03-21-2009, 01:05 PM
As a general recommendation, even if you send an IM to the right person you can sometimes still have a problem. For example, imagine sending an IM to a coworker that calls your boss a name, and your boss happens to be in the coworker's office working with them when the IM pops up? Not good.

And don't ask how I know about this scenario.

Buehler445
03-21-2009, 01:17 PM
As a general recommendation, even if you send an IM to the right person you can sometimes still have a problem. For example, imagine sending an IM to a coworker that calls your boss a name, and your boss happens to be in the coworker's office working with them when the IM pops up? Not good.

Can I ask DaFace?

PastorMikH
03-21-2009, 01:55 PM

You said something about Mrs Rainman to DaFace without realizing he was at lunch and she was doing some internet shopping at his terminal didn't you?

RJ
03-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Tell her you were drunk.

If that doesn't work, then just tell her the truth.

Brock
03-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Ask yourself how Michael Scott would handle it.

Kerberos
03-21-2009, 04:45 PM
We had a chick network tech at work that was about as worthless as Hootie at a titty bar. She didn't know her job and could do NOTHING right. Half of the tech dept complained about her because they were having to pick up her slack and believe me there was A LOT of it.

Guy that was hired at the same time as me was working on her schools last summer becaus she wouldn't leave her desk and go help. He told her one evening that he was going to one of her schools the next morning to work and if she didn't go up there and help he said and I quote: "I'm gonna **** them up.....I'm gonna **** them up REAL BAD". You could have heard a pin drop.

Well as you might imagine the chick runs and complains to the boss and the boss comes back and asks my co-worker to come to his office.

I knew nothing could be good about this but my boss actually only talked to him about the language he used and he really understood his frustrations.

I hope for you Micjones your boss understands that you were just frustrated? All of us have been there done that with the frustration piece. Just all of us haven't sent the frustration in an IM to the boss. :doh!: :homer:

Good luck.

Kerberos
03-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh and my boss put enought pressure on the bitch to resign or be demoted the the HELP DESK.

Skip Towne
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
So mic, what happened?

Micjones
03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Nothing as of yet.

I requested to have a word with my supervisor and she told me she wasn't available and would try later to speak with me.

She's now in training for the next 4 hours.

So that significantly shrinks the opportunity. I think she's out at 5pm.
We'll see...

Bob Dole
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Nothing as of yet.

I requested to have a word with my supervisor and she told me she wasn't available and would try later to speak with me.

We'll see...

Is she trying to give you a nervous breakdown?

keg in kc
03-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Is she trying to give you a nervous breakdown?Revenge is a dish best served as a slow roast.

Skip Towne
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Nothing as of yet.

We'll see...

OK, good luck.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Is she trying to give you a nervous breakdown?

I'm not sure.
Seems like she might be stalling me out.

I'm honestly not worrying about it anymore.
What will be...will be.

I can't let it stress me out.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
OK, good luck.

Thanks Skip.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure.
Seems like she might be stalling me out.

I'm honestly not worrying about it anymore.
What will be...will be.

I can't let it stress me out.

Good idea. It's never good to worry about the things we have zero control over. The cards have fallen, it's all out of your hands at this point. The best you can do now is damage control. Good luck sir.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Good idea. It's never good to worry about the things we have zero control over. The cards have fallen, it's all out of your hands at this point. The best you can do now is damage control. Good luck sir.

Thanks Flops.

I get the feeling that she's waiting on her supervisor to return.
She's out of the office today.

If that's really the case she can let me know that.
I'm not going to worry about it either way. Just be straight up about it.

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I think you have the right idea. She probably has other things today. If it a big deal, she would have switched things around or had HR deal with you.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
03-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Is it out of her work/job title to delegate assignments to you, or is that apart of what you normally do? If it's out of line and she needs to do this herself, take it to her supervisor.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I think you have the right idea. She probably has other things today. If it a big deal, she would have switched things around or had HR deal with you.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know Buehler.
She's had time to talk to me today.
I kind of think that maybe she's going to delay this meeting until her supervisor returns tomorrow.

But there's still time in the day for us to pow wow.
We'll see...

Micjones
03-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Is it out of her work/job title to delegate assignments to you, or is that apart of what you normally do? If it's out of line and she needs to do this herself, take it to her supervisor.

Supervisor's routinely delegate responsibilities to make sure everything is accounted for. That particular task was quite a bit curious to me because it's rare that they ask us to review those documents. I can't think of any other time I've been asked to do that.

I had "tude" though because I was frustrated with something I was already working on.
No excuses. I made a decision in haste because of it.

Normally I'd just mutter under my breath, do it, and that'd be the end of it.

I should've done that this time, but it's water under the bridge at this point.

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't know Buehler.
She's had time to talk to me today.
I kind of think that maybe she's going to delay this meeting until her supervisor returns tomorrow.

But there's still time in the day for us to pow wow.
We'll see...

Oh shit. I thought she was legitimately busy. Nevermind. Is there a way to tell if she has met with HR?
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh shit. I thought she was legitimately busy. Nevermind. Is there a way to tell if she has met with HR?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sure she hasn't been twiddling her thumbs today, but I've seen her come up and talk to my neighbor about lunch and I know she's taken smoke breaks.

All I need is a couple minutes to offer a face-to-face apology.
I don't have any control over anything else so I'm won't require much of her time.

Just seems like she's putting me off.
She'll have 1-2 hours towards the end of her shift once her training session is over, but I'd think if she really wanted to talk...she would've made time beforehand.

wutamess
03-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Ah... the IM gaffe...
Been there done that.

IM your everday gossip buddy about somebody but actually send the message to the idiot instead.
The lady was too dumb to know I was talking about her and I played it off and acted like I was talking about someone else to her.

Just tell her how you felt and to tell her that you were just having a bad day and to not hesitate to send stuff your way in the future because you really don't mind it in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully (in the future), you'll look at it as more responsibility (making you inexpendable) later on down the line instead of, "more work".

wutamess
03-23-2009, 01:46 PM
BTW: Did she sound pissed when she initially spoke to you about it?

Micjones
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
BTW: Did she sound pissed when she initially spoke to you about it?

Actually we haven't spoken in person since the incident.
She was skeptical of my initial apology though.

keg in kc
03-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Don't forget to start with "hey, you stupid fucking dyke bitch, I was serious when I apologized" and then go on from there. Try to spit while you yell for maximum effect.

Rain Man
03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Dang. Good luck, MicJones.

Actually, perhaps there's a chance that it could open some dialogue. If you've been unhappy with the situation and feel that it's inappropriate, it may be best to just say, "Y'know, it's been frustrating me for a long time, but I've never said anything at work. But yeah, it is disruptive to my own work to do this when I'm not expecting it. What can we do to fix the situation?"

I'd recommend it only if you're sure you're highly thought of in the organization. If you're on the bubble, maybe a bowed head and mumbled unconditional apology is better.

And if you get fired, I'm always here to offer you an unpaid internship.

dj56dt58
03-23-2009, 02:50 PM
who cares? Your obviously not getting fired for it or you would already be packing your shit. why apologize for it? You obviously meant it or you wouldn't have said it, regardless if it was intended for her to read or not.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Dang. Good luck, MicJones.

Actually, perhaps there's a chance that it could open some dialogue. If you've been unhappy with the situation and feel that it's inappropriate, it may be best to just say, "Y'know, it's been frustrating me for a long time, but I've never said anything at work. But yeah, it is disruptive to my own work to do this when I'm not expecting it. What can we do to fix the situation?"

I'd recommend it only if you're sure you're highly thought of in the organization. If you're on the bubble, maybe a bowed head and mumbled unconditional apology is better.

And if you get fired, I'm always here to offer you an unpaid internship.

Thanks Rain.
We'll see what happens. The day's drawing to a close today and I haven't been able to speak with her.

MVChiefFan
03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Good luck, man! I think you'll come out alright. By the way, what is your usual relationship with her like? Do you think you can spin it into a positive in any way? I know you got a way with words! LOL

Micjones
03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Good luck, man! I think you'll come out alright. By the way, what is your usual relationship with her like? Do you think you can spin it into a positive in any way? I know you got a way with words! LOL

We're actually very cool otherwise.
I've known her for years now and I know half of her family.
Her nephew's one of my best friends.

MVChiefFan
03-23-2009, 03:01 PM
We're actually very cool otherwise.
I've known her for years now and I know half of her family.
Her nephew's one of my best friends.

OH! Well, I'm feelin' better and better about this...that probably doesn't help you though. :D Seriously though, since you apologized already, she may not even be thinking this is as big a deal as you do. You'll be fine.

jsmax
03-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I think your on the right path, honesty is the best policy here, no question. Explain the frustration/difficulty you were having with what you were working on and that you took it out on her and appologie for that. Tell her you enjoy working with her on her tasks as it gives you a sense of accomplishment and hopes for future advancements. Kind of the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also, FYI, I manage a department and have been a recipient to this before. Any good manager will realize that they occasionally frustrate their employees and sometimes it is the nature of the job. She may even already realize that you were frustrated about your other task and be looking for a way to help.

Donger
03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOZrGHmMl4o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOZrGHmMl4o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Maybe she feels the same way that you do? Maybe she has doubts about running this up the flag pole and inadvertantly exposing herself as a dim wit to her superiors.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 03:11 PM
OH! Well, I'm feelin' better and better about this...that probably doesn't help you though. :D Seriously though, since you apologized already, she may not even be thinking this is as big a deal as you do. You'll be fine.

I hope you're right MV.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I think your on the right path, honesty is the best policy here, no question. Explain the frustration/difficulty you were having with what you were working on and that you took it out on her and appologie for that. Tell her you enjoy working with her on her tasks as it gives you a sense of accomplishment and hopes for future advancements. Kind of the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also, FYI, I manage a department and have been a recipient to this before. Any good manager will realize that they occasionally frustrate their employees and sometimes it is the nature of the job. She may even already realize that you were frustrated about your other task and be looking for a way to help.

I think you're right JS. I plan to do just that...when given the opportunity.

jsmax
03-23-2009, 03:17 PM
She could be more concerned that you didn't feel comfortable talking with her about your frustration than the fact that you were intending to vent to a co-worker.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
She could be more concerned that you didn't feel comfortable talking with her about your frustration than the fact that you were intending to vent to a co-worker.

That's perfectly understandable.

MVChiefFan
03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I think the fact that you know her and her family so well brings a different light to the situation. This could just be a case of "hurt feelings" rather than "I'm pissed and gonna fire your ass!"

Micjones
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I think the fact that you know her and her family so well brings a different light to the situation. This could just be a case of "hurt feelings" rather than "I'm pissed and gonna fire your ass!"

That's an interesting perspective MV.
I hadn't really thought out it that way.

MVChiefFan
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
That's an interesting perspective MV.
I hadn't really thought out it that way.

:shrug: I don't know. I hope I'm right about that. I really feel like this would be the more likely scenario.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
:shrug: I don't know. I hope I'm right about that. I really feel like this would be the more likely scenario.

Honestly that never really crossed my mind.
Hopefully you're dead on with this.

That obviously isn't ideal either, to have hurt her feelings, but I can comeback from that given the opportunity.

MVChiefFan
03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Honestly that never really crossed my mind.
Hopefully you're dead on with this.

That obviously isn't ideal either, to have hurt her feelings, but I can comeback from that given the opportunity.

It's funny that you say that because I had that typed out in my earlier post but I didn't want to sound like I was downplaying the situation. But, yeah, it would be a lot easier on the wallet to repair a relationship than it is to look for another job.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
It's funny that you say that because I had that typed out in my earlier post but I didn't want to sound like I was downplaying the situation. But, yeah, it would be a lot easier on the wallet to repair a relationship than it is to look for another job.

Egg zactly!

And thank you, I appreciate your honesty...

Fish
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
There's still time to off her before she fills out the paperwork.....

Hope everything turns out OK Mic..........

Talisman
03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I would "accidentally" send her another IM that was meant for a coworker:

"Hey, Jim. She hasn't come to talk to me yet, but I hope she does soon. I really want her to understand how sorry I am for what I said. I was just having a bad day and felt really overwhelmed at that moment. Plus, she's extra hot, don't you think? In a sexy librarian kind of way. She smells good too. Oh, and she has really nice calves. Man, I hope I can get this IM thing figured out. Later, man."

MVChiefFan
03-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Egg zactly!

And thank you, I appreciate your honesty...

:D Hey, no problem. I really hope it works out for ya, you're a good cat. Let us know what happens though, I'm gettin' all nervous... like it's happenin' to me.

Micjones

"Hey, Jim. She hasn't come to talk to me yet, but I hope she does soon. I really want her to understand how sorry I am for what I said. I was just having a bad day and felt really overwhelmed at that moment. Plus, she's extra hot, don't you think? In a sexy librarian kind of way. She smells good too. Oh, and she has really nice calves. Man, I hope I can get this IM thing figured out. Later, man."

ROFL

Rep!

wutamess

This. ROFL

MVChiefFan
03-23-2009, 04:00 PM

ROFL

Micjones
03-23-2009, 04:31 PM
So at the end of the day...

Her training session let out a half-hour early, but I never got a chance to speak with her.
I get an email an hour later advising me that she'll plan a meeting time tomorrow.
And she's leaving the office...

keg in kc
03-23-2009, 04:31 PM
And your read is?

Micjones
03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
And your read is?

She's stalling me out and waiting for her supervisor to return tomorrow.

stevieray
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
She's stalling me out and waiting for her supervisor to return tomorrow.

.....hopefully she's just following protocol

Micjones
03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
.....hopefully she's just following protocol

Why not tell me that then?

stevieray
03-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Why not tell me that then?
make you sweat it out..?

keg in kc
03-23-2009, 04:39 PM
My advice:

Stick to the truth, stand up for yourself without being defensive, apologize while acknowledging underlying frustration (but don't come across like you're passing the buck). If you're a good employee with a good history, which you sound like you are, they should listen to what you have to say. You made a mistake and you know it, but maybe this can be turned into at least a semblence of a positive thing for both yourself and everyone in the office.

Just don't come on too strong if you do go that way, because you're there to apologize, rather than go on the offensive. Don't be threatening in any way...

Micjones
03-23-2009, 04:40 PM
make you sweat it out..?

I merely want to extend a formal apology face-to-face.
If there is any disciplinary action to follow I'd still have to wait it out.

I've chosen not to stress myself out with this situation so her methodology is going to fail her.

If she didn't want to talk to me today she could've said that when I asked to speak with her at 10:30am this morning.

To answer unprofessionalism WITH unprofessionalism is silly.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 04:41 PM
My advice:

Stick to the truth, stand up for yourself without being defensive, apologize while acknowledging underlying frustration (but don't come across like you're passing the buck). If you're a good employee with a good history, which you sound like you are, they should listen to what you have to say. You made a mistake and you know it, but maybe this can be turned into at least a semblence of a positive thing for everyone, including you and everyone you work with.

Just don't come on too strong if you do go that way, because you're apologizing rather than going on the offensive...

Great advice... I definitely don't want to offer up any excuses. Or go on the offensive.
I was frustrated, but I admit that I made a poor decision even when considering that fact.

Iowanian
03-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Your boss PM'd me a little while ago.

She said the holdup is that UPS wasn't delivering the Pink slips until tomorrow and they wanted the proper paperwork to be in order so they're in a position to dispute your request for unemployment successfully.

Sorry man.

Raiderhater58
03-23-2009, 05:03 PM
1 of 2 things are going on here...

A) Shes embarrassed that you called her out and she just wants it to go away

or

B) She's not really tripping on it, water under the bridge kinda thing.

either way I'd say its behind you.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Your boss PM'd me a little while ago.

She said the holdup is that UPS wasn't delivering the Pink slips until tomorrow and they wanted the proper paperwork to be in order so they're in a position to dispute your request for unemployment successfully.

Sorry man.

You're dead wrong for that Iowa.
I'm surprised though it took 10 pages before the jokes came out.
:D

Ari Chi3fs
03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Send her another IM that says something like, "I wish my fucking bitch supervisor would fucking talk to me already. Man, I hate that bitch."

See how that works out.

Iowanian
03-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Send an all office IM suggesting that her favorite character on Tom and Jerry was "butch" the bulldog.

Micjones
03-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Send an all office IM suggesting that her favorite character on Tom and Jerry was "butch" the bulldog.

Eh... The last one was better.

Buehler445
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow, that sucks Mic. It's pretty uncool that she won't see you. I would anticipate you are in the clear. My experience has been (not personal experience, thank GOD) that people don't keep people they fire for disciplinary reasons around. Either you are good to go with an explanation of your dumbass mistake, or she is doing a piss poor job of conflict resolution. I would be very surprised if they follow through with any serious disciplinary action at this point.

If it were me, I probably would have tried to stick my head in her office and say, "listen. Sorry I was an ass. I was frustrated. It was a mistake."

wutamess
03-24-2009, 09:10 AM
So... are you posting from home today?

Micjones
03-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm at work today Wuta.

Still in the dark about the whole situation with the super, but I'm here.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm at work today Wuta.

Still in the dark about the whole situation with the super, but I'm here.

I take it her supervisor is there too. You know, if you know the family and whatnot, I think you're going to sweat this out and nothing will happen.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I take it her supervisor is there too. You know, if you know the family and whatnot, I think you're going to sweat this out and nothing will happen.

Yes. Her supervisor is here today.

MicjonesSupervisor
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes. Her supervisor is here today.

Maybe now would be a good time for you to come see us.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM

:clap:

MicjonesSupervisor
03-24-2009, 11:19 AM
:clap:

Now quit posting on the Planet and screwing pooches and get your ass back to work.

Ari Chi3fs
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM

LMAO :evil:

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
We need to coin a new term: Micjonesed.

"I just got this PM from a girl I was hooking up with, it said 'hey baby, last night was great'. I haven't seen her in a week. If the bitch hadn't micjonesed I might've caught the herp."

Micjones
03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Now quit posting on the Planet and screwing pooches and get your ass back to work.

How'd you get $1000 in casino cash with only 2 posts?
Corporate greed I tell ya...

wutamess
03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Have you even gotten your meeting time yet...
This IS my entertainment for the day. (Sorry it's at your expense though but it is.)
I'm nosey like that.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Have you even gotten your meeting time yet...
This IS my entertainment for the day. (Sorry it's at your expense though but it is.)
I'm nosey like that.

Not a peep Wuta.

She did come by my desk and ask me a question though.
She's also been sending me correspondence on unrelated issues throughout the day.

Buehler445
03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Not a peep Wuta.

She did come by my desk and ask me a question though.
She's also been sending me correspondence on unrelated issues throughout the day.

WTF? In her correspondence and conversation, does she seem guarded?

Maybe she has put it behind her? :shrug:

If today goes by, it wll be the 5th day since the incident. It's stretched out pretty freaking long if it is still an issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
WTF? In her correspondence and conversation, does she seem guarded?

Not really. Seems like business as usual.
Like I said she actually came up to my desk at one point to ask me about something.

Maybe she has put it behind her? :shrug:

If today goes by, it wll be the 5th day since the incident. It's stretched out pretty freaking long if it is still an issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hard to know, but all of her superiors are here.
As is everyone in HR.

Buehler445
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Not really. Seems like business as usual.
Like I said she actually came up to my desk at one point to ask me about something.

As is everyone in HR.

I dunno dude. It seems like she has put it all behind her. But it could be that she is putting on a facade until she has to deal with it.

That's freaking weird.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
As is everyone in HR.Ever played pivot man in a circle jerk before?

Micjones
03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
I dunno dude. It seems like she has put it all behind her. But it could be that she is putting on a facade until she has to deal with it.

That's freaking weird.
Posted via Mobile Device

Extremely.

Though I think you make a great point.
The longer she drags this out the harder it will be to escalate.

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
She show any previous signs of passive-aggressive behavior?

Brock
03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
You already apologized, she'll either accept it or not, just leave it. A woman with a grudge can't be fixed, ever.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 03:58 PM
She show any previous signs of passive-aggressive behavior?

Eh... Not really.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 03:58 PM
You already apologized, she'll either accept it or not, just leave it. A woman with a grudge can't be fixed, ever.

Tell me about it.

RJ
03-24-2009, 04:04 PM
I know you say she plays for the other team, but maybe there's some sexual tension here.

Go into her office, close the door, sweep everything off the desk and give her what she wants. By tomorrow she'll be bringing you coffee and donuts.

Take control of the situation, man!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2009, 04:07 PM
If this hasn't already happened, it's not going too IMO.

Kerberos
03-24-2009, 04:08 PM

Concrete Shoes, Neck ties, Contracts, HIGH VOLTAGE

Any grudge can be dealt with accordingly.

Buehler445
03-24-2009, 04:09 PM
I know you say she plays for the other team, but maybe there's some sexual tension here.

Go into her office, close the door, sweep everything off the desk and give her what she wants. By tomorrow she'll be bringing you coffee and donuts.

Take control of the situation, man!

ROFL. FUCK HER BACK STRAIGHT!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
03-24-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm sure lots of guys would love to try.
She's quite the looker.
Very beautiful.

Pestilence
03-24-2009, 04:24 PM
She's quite the looker.
Very beautiful.

Worthless without pictures.

raybec 4
03-24-2009, 04:25 PM
She's quite the looker.
Very beautiful.

Are you afraid she's reading this or is that the truth?

Micjones
03-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Are you afraid she's reading this or is that the truth?

No. That's the truth.

RJ
03-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Worthless without pictures.

That's true, mic......would you mind?

Micjones
03-24-2009, 04:28 PM
That's true, mic......would you mind?

Let me see if I can find one.

sedated
03-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Luckily my only email goof like this was me talking shit on someone under me, not over me. And I sent it after she left, so IT had plenty of time to make it disappear.

(and I'm eagerly awaiting pics of your smokin lesbian boss)

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 04:44 PM
At this point, I'd just forget about it. Doesn't sound like your job's in any danger, and if she wants to bring it up she will. No point in stressing out.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
I stopped worrying about it on Sunday morning.
I was super stressed out on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday I woke up with peace.

LOCOChief
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Jaded lesbian boss? No way she get's over this without some smooth talk. Dissarm it by saying something like, " I broke, I'm sorry I was stressed out Friday, it was a really really bad day gone to worse. Then submit to her "It wasn't meant to be about you, it was more about me flipping out, being irrational it's embarrasing just a bad day and I really am sorry. Then listen and if she talks then you got a chance. I'm sure however you handle it it will all be good.

wutamess
03-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Go and ask her to give you some more work to look over.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Supposedly she's out tomorrow.
So I guess I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.
Seems to me like the worst has blown over, but you never know.
I'm gonna be on my p's and q's for a while either way.

sedated
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
ask her if she's ever been penetrated before

Skip Towne
03-24-2009, 05:03 PM
What are the chances she knows you post here and is reading this thread?

Ari Chi3fs
03-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Let me see if I can find one.

Don't post one... that could open up additional cans of worms.

keg in kc
03-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Don't post one... that could open up additional cans of worms.Take a pic of her with your cameraphone and make sure you give her the URL for here.

Micjones
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Don't post one... that could open up additional cans of worms.

I wasn't going to.
Sorry fellas.

Pestilence
03-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I wasn't going to.
Sorry fellas.

TEASE!!!! :thumb:

Micjones
03-24-2009, 05:30 PM
TEASE!!!! :thumb:

Sorry...

Pestilence
03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Sorry...

It's ok....all will be forgiven when you PM the picture to me. I swear I won't do anything with it.

RJ
03-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Even though she's your boss and likes girls, she's still a woman, and my guess is that you've hurt her feelings. Look for this to blow over.....for now.....And then look for it to come up again somewhere down the road, after you think it's been long forgotten.

cookster50
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Wow, what a letdown(luckily for you).

Groves
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Here's the time for your manliness to shine. Instead of playing the female game of "let's pretend this never happened", why don't you just ask her about the situation? Be the one who brings it up. With politeness and humility, of course.

She'll respect you more & fire you less.

Micjones
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Pestilence I'll get you that pic once I can find one...
I'll see if she has any on her Myspace page.

Groves
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention that "let's pretend this never happened" is code for "let's always keep this stuck in my craw", and I did say it was a female game, but that's really not fair. All genders can play this silly way.

Micjones
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Here's the time for your manliness to shine. Instead of playing the female game of "let's pretend this never happened", why don't you just ask her about the situation? Be the one who brings it up. With politeness and humility, of course.

She'll respect you more & fire you less.

First off, don't challenge my manhood.
I've apologized twice already and asked to speak with her to further settle the matter and put closure on the situation.

That's hardly "pretending" something never happened.
I think it's a day late for that.

I can't force her to want to have a conversation with me at this point.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Let it go.

Next time she comes to your desk, turn that silly flat bill, Emenema cap sideways and challenge her to a rap battle.

Micjones
03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Let it go.

Next time she comes to your desk, turn that silly flat bill, Emenema cap sideways and challenge her to a rap battle.

Emenema cap...
ROFL

She can't rap. She used to breakdance though.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Break into some beat box herbie hancock next time she comes over.....throw down some cardboard covered in duct tape and see is she wanna get suuuuuuuurved.

Micjones
03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Break into some beat box herbie hancock next time she comes over.....throw down some cardboard covered in duct tape and see is she wanna get suuuuuuuurved.

Okay you're scaring me.

raybec 4
03-25-2009, 01:23 PM

Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo bitches!!1!!1

sedated
03-25-2009, 01:25 PM

*cough*

Micjones
03-25-2009, 01:31 PM
*cough*

Haha...

You too sedated.

Pestilence
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Myspace? How old is this chick?

Micjones
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Myspace? How old is this chick?

Mmm... Probably mid-30's...

sedated
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
you could just post a link to her myspace. I'm sure no harm can come from that.

Micjones
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
you could just post a link to her myspace. I'm sure no harm can come of that.

I'll have to check. I'd do it here, but we don't have access.

DaWolf
03-25-2009, 01:48 PM
So I guess I'm just gonna wait and see what happens.
Seems to me like the worst has blown over, but you never know.
I'm gonna be on my p's and q's for a while either way.
Well if she hasn't been dropping extra work on your desk lately, mission accomplished... :)

Micjones
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Well if she hasn't been dropping extra work on your desk lately, mission accomplished... :)

That's for now... We'll see what happens later.
I'm already her project king! She might get me back on that end.

It's fine though. After all that's happened...
I wouldn't mind.

MVChiefFan
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
REACH! My man fifty-grand! You know I'm already on your myspace so just point me in the right direction! :D

Micjones
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
REACH! My man fifty-grand! You know I'm already on your myspace so just point me in the right direction! :D

Haha...
She's not on my friends list, but I'll see if I can find her.

Groves
03-25-2009, 03:47 PM
First off, don't challenge my manhood.

I should have written, "time for your manliness to shine even more brilliantly."

Twasn't an attack, dude.

Micjones
03-25-2009, 03:47 PM
I should have written, "time for your manliness to shine even more brilliantly."

Twasn't an attack, dude.

Alright then.
*Sticks chest out*

Okay, thanks for clarifying Groves.

rtmike
03-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Now's your chance. Take all her sh!t out of her office and move in.

She'll never know what hit her. :D

Groves
03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't even know you, but I gotta tell you...we're learning.

Keep us posted.

Micjones
03-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Finally had THE meeting.

Skip Towne
03-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Finally had THE meeting.

Well?

Ari Chi3fs
03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
did you bring the thunder?!

Micjones
03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
My supervisor gave me the floor to begin the meeting.
I expressed regret for making such a poor decision and extended another apology.
I also took responsibility for the attitude that set the table for my actions and reassured her that I don't want to be stigmatized as someone she can't count on.

My supervisor said that she completely understood the fact that management will often frustrate their subordinates for various reasons. She also said she could even understand the need for us to vent to one another from time-to-time. Her concern was the fact that I used company communications to do so. She advised me to be careful about doing so going forward. She also expressed disappointment over me seemingly being unwilling to contribute or assist her. She said that she's always been able to count on me for help with various projects in the past and that she's lost confidence in me over the incident. Her biggest disappointment though, was the fact that I did not come to her and express my frustration with the situation. She said that I had previously made good use of the open door policy so she was confused by why I didn't take that approach on Friday.

In short, she said she wasn't really shocked that I was "talking about her"...
She just wants me to watch how I vent going forward and that she wants me to use the open door policy to alleviate stress and frustration.

All in all, the meeting was pretty anti-climactic and painless.
She's lost a little faith in me (which I can regain with time and effort), but my job's not in jeopardy over it.
In fact, only one other person was present and she's merely an assistant to my supervisor.

Skip Towne
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I'd tell her to pack it in her ass then polish the doorknob.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-26-2009, 12:14 PM
I'd tell her to pack it in her ass then polish the doorknob.

LMAO Ver batum.

Skip Towne
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Seriously, though, I'm glad to see you out of that trick.

Pestilence
03-26-2009, 12:27 PM
And I'm still waiting on the GD pic. lol

keg in kc
03-26-2009, 12:31 PM
she wants me to use the open door policy to alleviate stress and frustration.Must. Resist. Urge. To. Make. Crude. Joke.In fact, only one other person was present and she's merely an assistant to my supervisor.Is that anything like "assistant to the regional manager"?

Micjones
03-26-2009, 12:35 PM
And I'm still waiting on the GD pic. lol

You're a Raider fan, no?
Be lucky if you EVER get it.

Buehler445
03-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Those comments seem pretty professional. You shouldn't have too much to worry about. Any word on why she waited like 9 years to bring it up?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
03-26-2009, 12:38 PM
You're a Raider fan, no?
Be lucky if you EVER get it.

Fuck no...I'm not a Raider fan. Read the caption above my avatar. It's a draft avatar.

Gonzo
03-26-2009, 12:38 PM
she wants me to use the open door policy to alleviate stress and frustration.

Heh...You can get with Chi Town about that whole "Open Door Policy" thing...

ROFL

Gonzo
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Fuck no...I'm not a Raider fan. Read the caption above my avatar. It's a draft avatar.

Yeah...That's Barrett "Bat Shit" Robbins isn't it?

Pestilence
03-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah...That's Barrett "Bat Shit" Robbins isn't it?

Robert Gallery

Micjones
03-26-2009, 01:21 PM

Oops... I called you a Raider fan? Ouch.
Damn, now I just insulted you too?
I'm 0-for-2 over the last week...

Mr. Flopnuts
03-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Glad it worked out Mic. Seems like what happened was really a best case scenario.

Pestilence
03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Oops... I called you a Raider fan? Ouch.
Damn, now I just insulted you too?
I'm 0-for-2 over the last week...

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!

unless you send me that picture. :D

sedated
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
unless you send me that picture. :D

*cough*

Micjones
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
I got you guys. Slipped my mind last night.
But I'll be online tonight so I'll see what I can find.
Be patient with me fellas.

keg in kc
03-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Here you guys go:

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/ellen.jpg