PDA

View Full Version : News Billboard Ad

FAX
03-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Anybody seen that billboard on Interstate 40 that has the giant stack of pancakes? I'll bet that pat of butter is probably 3 feet tall and there's enough syrup to fill a Hummer gas tank too, probably. Every time I drive by that thing, I think, "Wow. Those are some hellacious big pancakes, man."

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Gracie Dean
03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
yum, think I will have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-20-2009, 09:25 PM
What is it advertising?

FAX
03-20-2009, 09:25 PM
What is it advertising?

Pancakes, I think.

FAX

RJ
03-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Are they big enough to be breakfast for one of those giant blow up gorillas that tire stores put on their roofs when they're having a really big sale? Cause a gorilla like that would need some big pancakes with gobs and gobs of creamy butter and thick syrup.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Pancakes, I think.

FAX
Any particular brand of pancakes? Or just pancakes in general?

Gonzo
03-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I saw a billboard featuring a bbq feast in Omaha.
It had like 30 ft tall ribs on it.
Just try to wrap your brain around that.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
03-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Any particular brand of pancakes? Or just pancakes in general?

Geez, Mr. Bugeater. Have you been taking posting lessons from Mr. Donger? How the hell should I know what brand of pancakes they are? They're pancakes, dude. Pancakes. You cook 'em in a pan. Big ones.

Besides, the speed limit there is 70 miles per hour and I usually go a little over the limit, so that gives me maybe 5 to 7 seconds at the most to check out the billboard without taking my eyes off the road so long that I accidentally rear-end a semi truck loaded with hydrochloric acid which causes the tanker to burst open spilling hydrochloric acid all in my car and burning every ounce of flesh off my bones and then bursting into flames and frying my ass to the point that my body can't be identified without dental records and to be honest, I'm not risking that just for some pancakes no matter how huge they are.

FAX

runnercyclist
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Geez, Mr. Bugeater. Have you been taking posting lessons from Mr. Donger? How the hell should I know what brand of pancakes they are? They're pancakes, dude. Pancakes. You cook 'em in a pan. Big ones.

Besides, the speed limit there is 70 miles per hour and I usually go a little over the limit, so that gives me maybe 5 to 7 seconds at the most to check out the billboard without taking my eyes off the road so long that I accidentally rear-end a semi truck loaded with hydrochloric acid which causes the tanker to burst open spilling hydrochloric acid all in my car and burning every ounce of flesh off my bones and then bursting into flames and frying my ass to the point that my body can't be identified without dental records and to be honest, I'm not risking that just for some pancakes no matter how huge they are.

FAX

...not for pancakes, but waffles maybe...

mikeyis4dcats.
03-20-2009, 09:46 PM
still the best. billboard. evar.

http://www.montanameth.org/ads/run/Sex.jpghttp://www.montanameth.org/ads/run/Sex.jpg
http://www.montanameth.org/ads/run/Sex.jpg

Gonzo
03-20-2009, 09:47 PM
...not for pancakes, but waffles maybe...
I'd chance it for some fricken french toast bitches.
Posted via Mobile Device

runnercyclist
03-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I'd chance it for some fricken french toast bitches.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ooohh, french toast bitches?

50,000 battered women and I've been eating mine plain!

RJ
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM

FAX

So, basically, the size of the pancakes are impressive but from an advertising standpoint the billboard is a complete failure. Sort of a vanity billboard, so to speak. Someone's folly. That's surprising in this economy.

chiefs1111
03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
mmmmmmmmmm pancakes

Warrior5
03-20-2009, 09:59 PM
You know, Mr. Fax, you just might survive that crash and subsequent hydrochloric acid spillage. While you were in the hospital, you'll probably get pancakes for hospital food. But if your face was burned pretty bad, they'd have to puree the pancakes, butter and syrup so you could suck it up in a straw.

So you'd be in a lot of pain, but you'd have pancakes...

Smed1065
03-20-2009, 10:21 PM

FAX

ROFLMAO!

So it sucks if you do not know as an ad..............and posting?

Maybe it does or maybe............

runnercyclist
03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
WTF?

KCChiefsMan
03-20-2009, 10:27 PM
gosh, I haven't had pancakes in years. I'm getting some bisquick and syrup next time I shop baby!

cdcox
03-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm pretty particular about my pancakes. I'm not a fan of the sponge pancakes that soak up gallons and gallons of syrup. Nor am I a fan of the tough chewy pancakes. Here is the best recipe that I've found, courtesy of my father in law. (I've also got the best waffle and french toast recipes if any one is interested).

Sift together 3x:
2 cups flour
5 t baking powder
1 t salt
3 T sugar

Beat:
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup melted butter (real)

mix together the dry and liquid ingredients until just moistened, but not smooth.

Heat non-stick griddle or skillet until a drop of water dances for a few seconds before evaporating. If using cast iron, you might need a little oil. Ladle to desired side. Flip when the surface bubbles and the edge dries slightly. Remove when done.

cdcox
03-20-2009, 10:43 PM
So any one else like a couple of over-easy eggs with your pancakes? Pancakes, eggs, sausage, and maple syrup -- that's living! (but maybe not for very long).

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty particular about my pancakes. I'm not a fan of the sponge pancakes that soak up gallons and gallons of syrup. Nor am I a fan of the tough chewy pancakes. Here is the best recipe that I've found, courtesy of my father in law. (I've also got the best waffle and french toast recipes if any one is interested).

Sift together 3x:
2 cups flour
5 t baking powder
1 t salt
3 T sugar

Beat:
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/3 cup melted butter (real)

mix together the dry and liquid ingredients until just moistened, but not smooth.

Heat non-stick griddle or skillet until a drop of water dances for a few seconds before evaporating. If using cast iron, you might need a little oil. Ladle to desired side. Flip when the surface bubbles and the edge dries slightly. Remove when done.

I would be thrilled to have a peek at the best French toast recipe, if you find the time. :thumb:

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
So any one else like a couple of over-easy eggs with your pancakes? Pancakes, eggs, sausage, and maple syrup -- that's living! (but maybe not for very long).
Oh hell yeah, roll it all up into a pancake burrito. :drool:

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Believe it or not. I've never had eggs over easy.

Scrambled for me, but I admit to not being a big egg fan (not a fan of smaller eggs either, generally). Am I missing out?

cdcox
03-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I would be thrilled to have a peek at the best French toast recipe, if you find the time. :thumb:

For every egg, add 1/2 cup milk (scant). That is your basic ratio. You probably need 5 eggs per loaf of bread.

The other three ingredients I do by eyeball, but these are about right for a 4 to 6 egg batch (adjust to your own taste after your first batch):

salt (1 tsp or so)
Sugar (1/4 to 1/3 cup)
vanilla 1-1/2 tsp or more

Cut white bread on the diagonal.

Heat your griddle/skillet to pancake range. I do my pancakes on a dry non-stick griddle, but for French toast I lay down about 2 tsp of real butter for a batch of 6 to 8 full slices of bread. Flip when golden brown. Spread another tsp of butter around the slices on the flip. Keep warm in an oven when done. These are good enough to eat without syrup, maybe with a little powdered sugar.

I've also made this substituting oatmeal or whole wheat bread for white bread, cooking spray for butter, and fruit salad (oranges, strawberries, bananas, blue berries and kiwi is pretty awesome) for the syrup, for a slightly healthier version.

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 11:02 PM
For every egg, add 1/2 cup milk (scant). That is your basic ratio. You probably need 5 eggs per loaf of bread.

The other three ingredients I do by eyeball, but these are about right for a 4 to 6 egg batch (adjust to your own taste after your first batch):

salt (1 tsp or so)
Sugar (1/4 to 1/3 cup)
vanilla 1-1/2 tsp or more

Cut white bread on the diagonal.

Heat your griddle/skillet to pancake range. I do my pancakes on a dry non-stick griddle, but for French toast I lay down about 2 tsp of real butter for a batch of 6 to 8 full slices of bread. Flip when golden brown. Spread another tsp of butter around the slices on the flip. Keep warm in an oven when done. These are good enough to eat without syrup, maybe with a little powdered sugar.

I've also made this substituting oatmeal or whole wheat bread for white bread, cooking spray for butter, and fruit salad (oranges, strawberries, bananas, blue berries and kiwi is pretty awesome) for the syrup, for a slightly healthier version.

Thanks, bud. I'll try this for sure.

cdcox
03-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Believe it or not. I've never had eggs over easy.

Scrambled for me, but I admit to not being a big egg fan (not a fan of smaller eggs either, generally). Am I missing out?

Eggs taste great, but some people have issues with texture or doneness. For the squeemish scrambled are the easiest to eat. Hard boiled are the next easiest. You can get them thoroughly cooked.

But the most delicious part is the yolk and it's best when warm and runny. It is the official gravy of breakfast, unless you are making sawmill gravy. A runny or loose white is a little more challenging from a texture point a view. So you are looking for a cooking method that gets the white cooked, but leaves the yolk runny.

Over easy is great and easy to do. Soft boiled is good too. Poached is nice, but harder to achieve. Sunny-side-up can go too far, resulting in runny whites (not my favorite). Over medium or over hard is okay, but nothing like over easy.

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Eggs taste great, but some people have issues with texture or doneness. For the squeemish scrambled are the easiest to eat. Hard boiled are the next easiest. You can get them thoroughly cooked.

But the most delicious part is the yolk and it's best when warm and runny. It is the official gravy of breakfast, unless you are making sawmill gravy. A runny or loose white is a little more challenging from a texture point a view. So you are looking for a cooking method that gets the white cooked, but leaves the yolk runny.

Over easy is great and easy to do. Soft boiled is good too. Poached is nice, but harder to achieve. Sunny-side-up can go too far, resulting in runny whites (not my favorite). Over medium or over hard is okay, but nothing like over easy.

I think I'm going to go the over easy route tomorrow, actually, with bacon, sausage, and an orange julius (homemade, naturally) to wash it down.

cdcox
03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
I think I'm going to go the over easy route tomorrow, actually, with bacon, sausage, and an orange julius (homemade, naturally) to wash it down.

Report required.

I love it when people step out of their food comfort zone, regardless of the out come.

DeezNutz
03-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Report required.

I love it when people step out of their food comfort zone, regardless of the out come.

Will do.

I'm not a picky eater by any means, and I try just about anything. But breakfast, for whatever reason, has always been my least favorite, and thus most oft skipped, meal of the day.