Points C. Wright 27.0
Rebounds C. Wright 10.0
Assists L. Warren 9.0
Steals L. Warren 2.0
Blocks C. Wright 2.0

Rock Chalk Jayhawk :KU:

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 09:44 AM
With their first NCAA Tournament victory in 19 years in the books, the Dayton Flyers now must quickly focus their attention on the defending national-champion Kansas Jayhawks whom they will play Sunday in the second round of the Midwest Regional in Minneapolis.

The No. 11-seeded Flyers led nearly from start to finish against No. 6 West Virginia, using a physical defense on one end of the floor while attacking the basket aggressively on the offensive end. They will need more of the same if they hope to upset the third-seeded Jayhawks.

Defensively, junior point guard London Warren is one of the better on-ball defenders at his position in the entire country and he has the quick feet and stamina to pester Kansas guard Sherron Collins, who scored a season-high 32 points in Kansas' 84-74 win over North Dakota State.

If Warren can keep Collins in check, the Flyers next must focus on negating Cole Aldrich's strong post game inside. They'll rely on 6-10 junior Kurt Huelsman and 6-10 sophomore Devin Searcy to use their length to disrupt Aldrich's shot attempts in the lane. With Collins and Aldrich neutralized, Kansas would be forced to rely on young, untested played like Tyshawn Taylor and Marcus Morris.

Offensively, Dayton needs more of the same from sophomore forward Chris Wright, who scored 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in the win over West Virginia.

Dayton must keep the score down if it hopes to spring the upset. The Flyers have posted a sparkling 24-1 record this season when holding opponents to less than 70 points.

DAYTON 68, WEST VIRGINIA 60: Sophomore forward Chris Wright proved his star credentials with a brilliant 27-point, 10-rebound performance and senior forward Charles Little had his best offensive game of the season with 18 points, including three clutch baskets down the stretch as the 11th-seeded Flyers upset No. 6 West Virginia, 68-60, in the Midwest Regional's first round in Minneapolis.

Dayton (27-7) led most of the way and benefited from foul trouble for West Virginia's top two scorers Da'Sean Butler and Alex Ruoff, who were held to a combined 21 points -- 12 points below their combined average.

The Flyers' physical defense harassed the Mountaineers (23-12) into 36.7 shooting from the field, including 5-of-20 from 3-point range.

The victory was Dayton's first NCAA Tournament win since 1990.

Copyright (C) 2009 The Sports Xchange. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/report/DAY

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Rock and Chalk time!

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Go Kansas!

I hope Cole has a career day in his home state and Colllins picks up where he left off on Friday.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Has anyone found a coverage map of today's game? Didn't see anything on Google. I assume they'll switch to the Pitt game here. I'd rather see them play up to WVU than risk playing down to Dayton, but it would be great just to make the SS.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Go Kansas!

I hope Cole has a career day in his home state and Colllins picks up where he left off on Friday.

Just leave the part out where he has to force bad shot after bad shot and forgets there are 4 others on the court...

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 09:53 AM
I hate the way tables come over, so I attached a screenprint of their stats.

It doesn't look like they have any major scorers or 3-point shooters. Decent, but not terrific. And it doesn't look like they put up a tremendous amount of them either.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/stats/DAY

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Just leave the part out where he has to force bad shot after bad shot and forgets there are 4 others on the court...

This.

I don't want to have to scream, "THROW THE BALL TO ALDRICH" rather consistently.

....At least I'm not sitting in my cube today.

DJay23
03-22-2009, 09:56 AM
I've read a lot on them the last 2 days, including one of their more active message boards.

Like any fan base, they are confident that they will beat us. They dismiss everyone but Aldrich, they are scared of him.

I've seen comparisons to Tennessee, Missouri, and Nebraska. They get after it on defense with full court pressure most of the game, but they don't usually trap. Their fans seem confident they won't need a zone (especially because apparently they never play it).

They are terrible shooters from the floor. They really seem to depend on driving the ball and getting foul calls. That could hurt us UNLESS we play some zone and neutralize Chris Wright, who despite his 12 ppg scoring average, is suddenly touted as the best athlete in America. In fact, their team is full of athletes. Athletes don't scare me. Good basketball players do.

They play a lot of players due to their style of play, but no one on the Dayton boards talks about anyone outside of their top 4 players.

Just have to avoid looking past Dayton and I think we can pull it out with some focus. I think we need someone like Tyshawn or Marcus to have a good game. Not huge, but somewhere in the 15-18 point range with a few 3's by Morningstar and Reed sprinkled in. They are going to focus on shutting down Aldrich and Collins.

Defensively, I think we start the game in man to man, and when we inevitably fall behind the initial Dayton surge of adrenaline, switch to zone and make they shoot better than their season average 33% from 3.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I think we need someone like Tyshawn or Marcus to have a good game. Not huge, but somewhere in the 15-18 point range with a few 3's by Morningstar and Reed sprinkled in.

Ask Collins if he wants to share the ball and let others play?

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I've read a lot on them the last 2 days, including one of their more active message boards.

Like any fan base, they are confident that they will beat us. They dismiss everyone but Aldrich, they are scared of him.

I've seen comparisons to Tennessee, Missouri, and Nebraska. They get after it on defense with full court pressure most of the game, but they don't usually trap. Their fans seem confident they won't need a zone (especially because apparently they never play it).

They are terrible shooters from the floor. They really seem to depend on driving the ball and getting foul calls. That could hurt us UNLESS we play some zone and neutralize Chris Wright, who despite his 12 ppg scoring average, is suddenly touted as the best athlete in America. In fact, their team is full of athletes. Athletes don't scare me. Good basketball players do.

They play a lot of players due to their style of play, but no one on the Dayton boards talks about anyone outside of their top 4 players.

Just have to avoid looking past Dayton and I think we can pull it out with some focus. I think we need someone like Tyshawn or Marcus to have a good game. Not huge, but somewhere in the 15-18 point range with a few 3's by Morningstar and Reed sprinkled in. They are going to focus on shutting down Aldrich and Collins.

Defensively, I think we start the game in man to man, and when we inevitably fall behind the initial Dayton surge of adrenaline, switch to zone and make they shoot better than their season average 33% from 3.

I really REALLY like the shooting part. Don't like the fouling bit. Little will probably get some minutes because the Morrises will foul out immediately.

You are 100% correct about the athletes vs good basketball players comment. 100% correct.

Ultra Peanut
03-22-2009, 10:04 AM
I think we should merge this and the Mizzou thread.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 10:06 AM

I think you are incorrect.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 10:07 AM

UP that is a bannable offense...

Ultra Peanut
03-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh, come on. This isn't going to be a game, so the least you could do for entertainment value is intermingle with the enemy.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh, come on. This isn't going to be a game, so the least you could do for entertainment value is intermingle with the enemy.
Nice try at the reverse mojo. I hope your right though.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 10:11 AM

They are terrible shooters from the floor. They really seem to depend on driving the ball and getting foul calls.

Interesting... thanks for the info. Sounds like it could just be a pain in the ass, like Nebraska. As always, focus is key for this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJay23
03-22-2009, 10:13 AM

Eh, I think it will be a game, at least into the second half. If it's close with 10minutes I'll really be worred because from that point on, we'll get real tired with their style of play. My hope is that we have a double digit lead at that point.

The good thing is they aren't good at shooting 3's so it could take a while for them to catch up if we play smart and don't turn the ball over.

PHOG
03-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Rock Chalk Baby!! :thumb::thumb:

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 10:35 AM

There will be plenty of that later, especially if one wins and one loses. Should we go down that road now?

KU wins/Mizzou loses:
Haha, guess that tourney win doesn't mean so much now, huh?

Dayton, wtf? This is just like that year in football where you went out of the way to avoid playing OU and Texas.

Orange Bowl, NC, blitzing the safety, and SS FTW!

Biggest football win in the rivalry's history, splitting the series against the defending champs. TTech and Baylor FTW!

Mizzou wins/KU loses:

Hahaha, BB used to be your sport, and Dayton doesn't even begin with a B!

(continue with 'Orange Bowl...' response from above)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
03-22-2009, 10:37 AM
KU should destroy dayton by 100

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2009, 10:41 AM

:shake:

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 10:53 AM
There will be plenty of that later, especially if one wins and one loses. Should we go down that road now?

KU wins/Mizzou loses:
Haha, guess that tourney win doesn't mean so much now, huh?

Dayton, wtf? This is just like that year in football where you went out of the way to avoid playing OU and Texas.

Orange Bowl, NC, blitzing the safety, and SS FTW!

Biggest football win in the rivalry's history, splitting the series against the defending champs. TTech and Baylor FTW!

Mizzou wins/KU loses:

Hahaha, BB used to be your sport, and Dayton doesn't even begin with a B!

(continue with 'Orange Bowl...' response from above)
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL. Can you start a thread with that and just have it stickied. Maybe that would avoid some excessive post counts.

boogblaster
03-22-2009, 10:59 AM
*** GO HAWKS ***

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Ask Collins if he wants to share the ball and let others play?

You truly are retarded.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 11:10 AM

Should but wont....

Its just win and survive baby....

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 11:11 AM
You truly are retarded.

Your truly an ass, and I look forward to the day you die and cant post anymore...

DJay23
03-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Interesting... thanks for the info. Sounds like it could just be a pain in the ass, like Nebraska. As always, focus is key for this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

I forgot to mention:

They rely on high percentage shots in close and getting to the line...where they shoot something like 64% for the year.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Your truly an ass, and I look forward to the day you die and cant post anymore...

Wow. I don't think I would go there.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 11:14 AM
I forgot to mention:

They rely on high percentage shots in close and getting to the line...where they shoot something like 64% for the year.

64%?

That's not overly spectacular.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow. I don't think I would go there.
:shrug:

Just felt like the right thing to say at the time...

ohiokcfan
03-22-2009, 11:16 AM
It's OFFICIAL bitches! 1:30 CST

I don't know too much about Dayton, but here are their stats leaders:

Points C. Wright 27.0
Rebounds C. Wright 10.0
Assists L. Warren 9.0
Steals L. Warren 2.0
Blocks C. Wright 2.0

Rock Chalk Jayhawk :KU:i live about 30 minutes from dayton,most dayton fans cant believe they got out of the first round.every thing seemed to go right for them in that game.they will need the same and more to get past the jayhawks .good luck

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 11:18 AM

What? And smell like MUron the rest of the day?

Sure-Oz
03-22-2009, 11:20 AM
What? And smell like MUron the rest of the day?

LOL, cause you won't be entering the MU thread at all today? Esp if they lose?

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 11:21 AM
LOL, cause you won't be entering the MU thread at all today? Esp if they lose?

If I do I'll have to go take another bath.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 11:23 AM
I forgot to mention:

Yuck... I hope it's not a real choppy game, outside of the already annoying commercial breaks every 4 seconds. If they're a poor shooting team, it'll be interesting to see how patient they are on offense. For example, one of Mizzou's biggest problems is that they take a lot of impatient/dumb shots... in that respect, it sounds like if Dayton isn't getting turnovers, and they're impatient on offense, they might be screwed.

Hopefully Kansas' mere 5 turnovers the other day is a good sign, and not just an anomaly.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 11:26 AM
ROFL. Can you start a thread with that and just have it stickied. Maybe that would avoid some excessive post counts.

BTW, I'll probably be using the Slingbox today, so if you could be so kind as to take several seconds to put some thought into stringing together long hyphenated strings while ranting so that it's 20-30 seconds behind live, it would be greatly appreciated. :D

CoMoChief
03-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Time to wear the seal of Kaun and head into battle.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Time to wear the seal of Kaun and head into battle.

I still wish Kaun was on the team this y..ear, we could use some solid D.

Silock
03-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm confident we'll win. It's my birthday and KU always wins on my birthday.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 11:45 AM
BTW, I'll probably be using the Slingbox today, so if you could be so kind as to take several seconds to put some thought into stringing together long hyphenated strings while ranting so that it's 20-30 seconds behind live, it would be greatly appreciated. :D

You know me... All you have to do is ask. LMAO

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 11:46 AM
i live about 30 minutes from dayton,most dayton fans cant believe they got out of the first round.every thing seemed to go right for them in that game.they will need the same and more to get past the jayhawks .good luck

Welcome to the Planet n00b.

ChiefsFanatic
03-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Dayton beat Xavier, Auburn and West Virginia, and they beat Marquette when James was healthy. That should give every Jayhawk fan some apprehension going into this game.

So, I hope we play hard, play as a team and win.
Rock Chalk.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm confident we'll win. It's my birthday and KU always wins on my birthday.

Last time they played on my BD, they beat Duke in the SS. The potential SS game is on my birthday this year. :hmmm:

With your BD and my BD combined, great things can happen.

Oh yeah, Happy BD! :toast:

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Somebody go over to their message board and tell them the Wright Brothers were fags.

DJay23
03-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Yuck... I hope it's not a real choppy game, outside of the already annoying commercial breaks every 4 seconds. If they're a poor shooting team, it'll be interesting to see how patient they are on offense. For example, one of Mizzou's biggest problems is that they take a lot of impatient/dumb shots... in that respect, it sounds like if Dayton isn't getting turnovers, and they're impatient on offense, they might be screwed.

Hopefully Kansas' mere 5 turnovers the other day is a good sign, and not just an anomaly.

Didn't watch their game against WVU, but I have a feeling they got a lot of points in transition from long rebounds off missed 3's.

Just a guess.

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Let's get it on.... Rock Chalk Jayhawks.

Sure-Oz
03-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Goodluck to you guys today! serious

Buehler445
Let's go hawks. Dominate these guys!

Reerun_KC
Game time.... ANOTHER trip to the SS one the line...

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 12:34 PM
I like it when they shoot 3s... It doesn't sound like it is part of their games.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Apparently they talked yesteday about getting the ball to Aldrich :thumb:

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 12:39 PM
We have to convert in the transition game... 3 Trips down and 0 points....

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Goodluck to you guys today! serious

Thanks, You too, Later.

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I know Dayton is getting a lot of high bounces on rebounds from their shots.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Simple formula to this game.....

Ball to Aldrich = Win

Molitoth
03-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Dayton is looking bad.

KCFalcon59
03-22-2009, 12:42 PM
that was goaltending

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 12:43 PM
No goaltending? Damn refs.

Buehler445
Goaltending.

Come on. Make some shots

Mr. Plow
Morningstar can't even do the one thing he is supposed to do

banyon
03-22-2009, 12:44 PM
we are playing suffocating D so far! :thumb:

Reerun_KC
First basket in 6 trips down.

kysirsoze

I know! WTF!

kysirsoze
03-22-2009, 12:45 PM
we are playing suffocating D so far! :thumb:

Thank God for that.

Buehler445
I'm OK with these shots from Collins. Open or easy is good. Contested bad.

Skip Towne
Let's run it up :KU:. We need a laffer.

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Damn, we got screwed on that block, that was goal tending.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 12:47 PM
If we would make good on the breaks and trips down.. We should be up by 18 pts right now...

but instead we are dicking off like normal...

petegz28
This won't even be a game...KU got a gift by playing Dayton....Dayton will lose badly

Skip Towne

He is our best defender.

ROYC75
This Dayton team plays like Mich. State does, same style. This is a tune up for us if it keeps going our way today.

banyon
03-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't like State Farm, but I like their new commercials. Hot dog no bun, car wash no rinse.

Skip Towne
This won't even be a game...KU got a gift by playing Dayton....Dayton will lose badly

Dayton beat Marquette this year.

Reerun_KC

:deevee:

Buehler445
CLEAN

Come on. Markieff actually DIDN'T foul.

FUCK!

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Zone is working like a champ right now...

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
He is our best defender.

You are probably right, but he's also the most overrated defender.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Shit. They don't need to be hitting 3s.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Why will they throw it into Little but not to Aldrich?

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Reed can't do the one thing he's supposed to do either.

banyon
If we were hitting our 3s we'd be blowing these guys out.

Buehler445
Keep taking the wide open shots.

Skip Towne
3 shooting nonexistent.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 12:52 PM
If we were hitting our 3s we'd be blowing these guys out.

Anything but Collins and Aldrich layups.

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Damn, turned off cold on shooting.

petegz28
03-22-2009, 12:53 PM
:deevee:

I don't know how you figure that is whining. Are you saying it is not a gift to play the 11 team as opposed to the 6?

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 12:53 PM
These guys need to wake the fuck up.... This is pathetic... I hope Self starts chewing ass.... Brick after Brick? R U fucking kidding me? Get the ball inside, learn how to fucking rebound and stop the one and done shit!

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't know how you figure that is whining. Are you saying it is not a gift to play the 11 team as opposed to the 6?

Kinda like MU vs Baylor ?

Silock
Last time they played on my BD, they beat Duke in the SS. The potential SS game is on my birthday this year. :hmmm:

With your BD and my BD combined, great things can happen.

Oh yeah, Happy BD! :toast:

Indeed! Thanks!

Skip Towne
You are probably right, but he's also the most overrated defender.

:LOL:

petegz28
03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Kinda like MU vs Baylor ?

Certainly...would much rather face them than OU or KU....wouldn't you? Oh wait...

Reerun_KC
That is what we need to be doing, Driving for the foul...

Molitoth
Dayton is offensivley pathetic.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Shit Cole...

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Just let them creep back in.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Take care of the motherfucking ball. Jesus fucking Christ!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Dayton runs the worst offense I may have ever seen.

Molitoth
nice steal by that guy.

Reerun_KC
Seriously?

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I may throw my TV out the window.

Mr. Plow
:LOL:

I know it's hard for you to understand, so it's ok. You'll get it sometime.

Reerun_KC
Dayton is offensivley pathetic.
KU isnt much better.... We are choking on our own cocks right now...

Reerun_KC
Dayton runs the worst offense I may have ever seen.

YOu watching KU play this game?

We r sucking major ass today...

Buehler445
No foul on that? Come the fuck on.

Molitoth
03-22-2009, 12:59 PM
KU isnt much better.... We are choking on our own cocks right now...

Yes KU should be ahead by 20 by now.... but at least they are up 8, and are pretty much owning Dayton on defense.

Reerun_KC
We have to be the kings of one and done.....

Self cant be happy with this miserble preformance.

'Hamas' Jenkins
YOu watching KU play this game?

We r sucking major ass today...

You aren't executing, but you are getting decent shots.

These guys are just jacking up shit haphazardly.

Sure-Oz
03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
KU is still ahead, the tourney brings out the best in teams that aren't supposed to do shit

kysirsoze
behind the back! fantastic.

Reerun_KC
Another TO and One and done....

Skip Towne
Stop turning it over, dipshits!

banyon
03-22-2009, 01:01 PM
"Collins and that Chicago basketball (punch punch) "where's my horseradish b*tch"

Sure-Oz
03-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Stop turnig it over, dipshits!

I assume your sig is a fuckup on the board

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:02 PM
I am going to need therapy after this....

Lzen
03-22-2009, 01:02 PM
No goaltending? Damn refs.

It should have been a goaltend. We got screwed on one of those the other day, too. Only that one was called on us when it clearly had not hit the backboard.

Just what I was thinking. Morningstar has had 3 wide open looks and hasn't hit one. Reed has had a couple of open looks, too. Those guys really need to hit the 3s for us. Especially when they're open like that.

royr17
03-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Come on guys get your act together and stop turning over the ball for crying out loud and knock down your shots. We can beat these guys and we can win the tourney but we're not goin to win it if you keep playin like this.

GO JAYHAWKS !!!

KcMizzou
I assume your sig is a ****up on the boardThat, or Skip's become a damn dirty hippie.

ROYC75
Meh, we are a 40 watt bulb today, Self better turn the wattage up in the huddle.

Reerun_KC
9/21 shooting....

We are sucking dogs ass!

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Aldrich just needs to house it. Fuck passing it.

6 motherfucking turnovers. FUCK

Reerun_KC
Guess what? another TO and one/done

Molitoth
Dayton can't even make layups.

Reerun_KC
Clank! One and done KU!

Mr. Plow
Collins plays some of the best 1 on 1 offense I've seen.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Dayton can't even make layups.

KU missing plenty of wide open shots and layups themselves...

Skip Towne
Dammit Collins stop shooting/Reetard

Buehler445
At least we've figured out how to get defensive rebounds.

Mr. Plow
OSU up 18-13 on Pitt right now. 12 minutes left in the 1st.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Dayton is setting back offensive basketball. I feel like I'm watching a Heat-Knicks game from '98.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Your right B, these guys need to house most of this shit....

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Make your goddamned freethrows. Jesus fucking CHRIST.

Fuck ass son of a BITCH

Reerun_KC
Dayton is putting on a Clinic!

kysirsoze
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Good TO Bill.

Fucking crack these bitches skulls.

banyon
LMAO at Johnson

Reerun_KC
Our lack of shooting and shit shot selection isnt helping matters either... We have zero offense today...

ROYC75
Dayton don't have to beat us today, we are beating ourselves.

Reerun_KC
Dayton don't have to beat us today, we are beating ourselves.

Actually they are out playing us in every aspect of the game...

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Tyshawn got rode out of bounds.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Kansas without Collins and Aldrich is like Utah w/o Stockton and Malone.

You guys are the epitome of a two man team.

Mr. Plow
He didn't even have to jump to block that one.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:10 PM

Uhhhh, yes....we know that. Without them, we probably play KSU in the 1st round of the NIT.

Reerun_KC
Aldrich needs to work these guys inside.....

My god this game is laughable...

Skip Towne
Collins plays some of the best 1 on 1 offense I've seen.

The kid is a baller. Hope he comes back.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Dayton is realizing now that we arent better than them... We had a chance to make this a snoozer, but we decide to dick off and let Dayton out play us and now they are taking it to KU...

petegz28
03-22-2009, 01:11 PM
KU will be fine. They seem to have this habit of thinking the other team will fold cause KU is on the court at the start of games. But Self will coach them out of it and they will pull away.

banyon
03-22-2009, 01:12 PM

This year definitely. We were hoping that Mario Little could step up and be our Jeff Malone or Jeff Hornacek, but no dice.

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 01:12 PM

Shouldn't you be out bagging up dog shit?

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 01:13 PM
10 point lead wasted ....... should have done put them down by 20 now.

Mr. Plow
The kid is a baller. Hope he comes back.

The last possession is exactly why Aldrich needs to come back. Had the ball in the post, 1 on 1 - still had his dribble - and he kicks it out.

Collins, I see him not coming back as much as I want him to.

KevB
Frenetic pace, I'm curious to see if Aldrich and Collins can sustain their high level of play expending this amount of energy.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Free throws. FUCK

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:14 PM
The last possession is exactly why Aldrich needs to come back. Had the ball in the post, 1 on 1 - still had his dribble - and he kicks it out.

Collins, I see him not coming back as much as I want him to.
If stepheson commits we will be alright without Collins

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Finally a foul.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:15 PM
If stepheson commits we will be alright without Collins

I know....but we'd better with him either way.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:16 PM
We have to be shooting below 25% from both the line and the field...

Miserable, would be nice if KU would show up...

'Hamas' Jenkins
Calm down.

You aren't finishing right now, but it's just a matter of time before you go on a run and go up 12-15.

Mr. Plow
Crying out loud....I can't remember a time they have shot this horrible.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:17 PM
how many FT's have we missed?

Thig Lyfe
They should try and make more shots.

Reerun_KC
Crying out loud....I can't remember a time they have shot this horrible.

And it is with zero pressure... None what so ever....

banyon
Aldrich already has 10 reb's?

petegz28
03-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Calm down.

You aren't finishing right now, but it's just a matter of time before you go on a run and go up 12-15.

No kidding......

Reerun_KC
3 of 9 from FT?

You kidding me?

Mr. Plow
2-9 from the Free Throw line.

Guru
COLE!!!

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
COLE! Come on! Someone needs to step up and me the man today!!!!!

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
We have left 15+ points on the court today...

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Self throwing garbage D at him. nice.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:20 PM
That was one of the most pathetic halfs in the history of KU tourney basketball.

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 01:21 PM
We should be up by 20. This is how upsets occur.

Mr. Plow
37% shooting in the first half.

30% from the line.

As horrible as we shot the ball, we still have a 6 point lead.

DJay23
That was one of the most pathetic halfs in the history of KU tourney basketball.

ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly.

We should have at least 40 by now.

Buehler445
Self better crack some skulls at half.

ROYC75
Damn, Brady can't throw it in the ocean today !

chiefbowe82
03-22-2009, 01:22 PM
probably a good thing we're playing dayton and not west virginia at the moment

Lzen
03-22-2009, 01:23 PM
And it is with zero pressure... None what so ever....

I count Morningstar as having 3 wide open looks from 3 and 1 somewhat open look. He missed all of them. Reed had 1 wide open and another that was opn but not wide, wide open. All were misses. This is why Sherron does what he does. He is not being selfish. He is being a leader. Taking it upon himself to keep he team in the game. The other guys are playing nervous. Even Tyshawn Taylor is screwing up with TOs. These are all good reasons for Collins to do wha he does. So quit yer whining.

Mr. Plow
Come on OSU.....Big 12.

Bearcat
I'm a little behind at the moment.. about 3:30 left. I know WVU didn't shoot well against Dayton, but today it just doesn't seem like it's anything they're doing. And of course, you gotta hit your free throws. It doesn't seem like the type of game like Nebraska, where it's just a pain in the ass... it feels like they should be up by 15-20. Dayton is shooting 20%, FFS.

Like I said earlier, I'd rather watch them play up to WVU than down to Dayton. :shake:

DJay23
03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Our shooting stats today look like Dayton's for the year.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Damn, The Jayhawks can't throw it in the ocean today !

FYP

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2009, 01:26 PM
FYP

Collins seems fine. I think they will be just fine they are hustling.

Lzen
03-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Self better crack some skulls at half.
I would think that is the last thing they need. Some of these guys are playing tentative. They need some reassurance, IMO. Settle down and play ball.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:27 PM
OSU up 42-38 on Pitt.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I would think that is the last thing they need. Some of these guys are playing tentative. They need some reassurance, IMO. Settle down and play ball.

You're probably right...but I want heads cracked.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Collins seems fine. I think they will be just fine they are hustling.

ROFL

Seriously?

DJay23
03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
I think unless we go brain dead with the ball we should be fine. They way Dayton has to catch up is to get turnovers and easy baskets in transition. We're playing great half court D.

If we could hit a few jumpers and free throws, we'd be up 20.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 01:35 PM
You're probably right...but I want heads cracked.

Too bad Mangino isn't there... he would just eat a small child, tell the team that if they don't start playing better they were going to make stop in Lincoln for "a Cookie" on the way home, and the Jayhawks would suddenly catch fire in the second half.

DJay23
03-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Found this post on the Dayton board funny...

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek
Only down 6. Didn't play offensively very well at all. Have to find some way to neutralize Aldrich. We're in this! One half to go!

Anyone know if Tonya Harding is in the building?

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:41 PM
:KU: Rock Chalk Jayhawk!! :KU:

Guru
03-22-2009, 01:42 PM
shit

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 01:43 PM
So much for settling down.

ROYC75
03-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Damn, we suck today....... Come on guys, get it going.

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Bury these bastards

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Nice reverse by Aldrich.

Guru
03-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Damnit, I am better off just not watching.

KevB
03-22-2009, 01:49 PM
You guys are fortunate that Dayton can't throw it in the ocean from the beach. Credit the defense of course, but they've missed a number of open looks as well.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Goddamn it.

CoMoChief
03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Welp no excuse for that. We have all guards run up the court with no outlet, now it caused Aldrich to committ a foul.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:51 PM
At least we're getting fouls called when we get fucking molested.

Skip Towne
You guys are fortunate that Dayton can't throw it in the ocean from the beach. Credit the defense of course, but they've missed a number of open looks as well.

They are terrible shooters

CoMoChief
Horseshit call goes KU's way.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:52 PM
This is Big 10 basketball.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 01:53 PM
At least we're getting fouls called when we get fucking molested.

Or not.

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Why is Collins' arm bandaged?

DJay23
03-22-2009, 01:54 PM
They are so tight and tentative.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 01:54 PM

Based on what I've heard, it's Dayton's game... combine a good defense with a crappy shooting team, and it's what you get.

Hmmm.... 9/42. Okay, maybe a little fortunate.

They're like SIU, but worse.

Guru
03-22-2009, 01:55 PM
That Leatner/Pitino commercial is great.

CoMoChief
03-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Its padded, also was told it helps circulation or something like that. AI and Kobe and Wade wear them a lot.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:56 PM

He's been wearing that all year.

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Look at those thugs knocking our boys down.

Skip Towne
03-22-2009, 01:58 PM
The bank's open

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Holy shit, we made a 3.

Buehler445
Reed finally hit one.

Reerun_KC
WOW! Dayton came to play some ball...

Skip Towne
Sounds like a KU crowd

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 02:00 PM
This is the point in the game where we need to start our run...

kysirsoze
03-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a KU crowd

I've heard a few Dayton chants too.

Buehler445
I better go to church to repent about the things I said about the guy that got stuffed by a 5'9 Collins.

Mr. Plow
Is their mascot the "Noid"....."Avoid the Noid"

CoMoChief
Hopefully this can turn into a big run and can take care of business this game.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 02:02 PM
I better go to church to repent about the things I said about the guy that got stuffed by a 5'9 Collins.

U + Church = ROFL

Mecca
03-22-2009, 02:02 PM
This game is making me wanna take a nap...it's not very exciting.

Lzen
03-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Did anyone notice Tyrel Reed box out that bigger player? That was tough. Probably should have been a foul but we will take it. That dude is a man.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 02:03 PM
WOW! Dayton came to play some ball...

I don't know if I'd call it 'playing ball'... that might imply they know they're supposed to put the ball inside that orange circle with the net. It's like electric football on 5 cans of Red Bull... run around fast enough and you're bound to get a few turnovers, even if you have no clue WTF you're doing.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Is their mascot the "Noid"....."Avoid the Noid"

Seriously, is it?

Lzen
03-22-2009, 02:05 PM

Collins is 5'11" but yeah, that block was sick. :)

Buehler445
Did anyone notice Tyrel Reed box out that bigger player? That was tough. Probably should have been a foul but we will take it. That dude is a man.

Fuck that. That's a good fundemental block out. Dude tried to jump on Reed's back and fell down like a bitch. No foul there.

Skip Towne
I don't know if I'd call it 'playing ball'... that might imply they know they're supposed to put the ball inside that orange circle with the net. It's like electric football on 5 cans of Red Bull... run around fast enough and you're bound to get a few turnovers, even if you have no clue WTF you're doing.

Ha ha, yep

Mr. Plow
03-22-2009, 02:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j696bHtrYTM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j696bHtrYTM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buehler445
Collins is 5'11" but yeah, that block was sick. :)

5'11 ROFL

EDIT: Maybe he is, but he doesn't look like it.

ROYC75
Bury these bastards

I would like a good lead, 10 points is not enough.

Mr. Plow
**** that. That's a good fundemental block out. Dude tried to jump on Reed's back and fell down like a bitch. No foul there.

Boxing out is a foul and worthy of a punch in the head. /ksu fan

Lzen
03-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Fuck that. That's a good fundemental block out. Dude tried to jump on Reed's back and fell down like a bitch. No foul there.

Tyrel made him his bitch. :thumb:

kysirsoze
Seriously, is it?

Rudy Flyer?

Skip Towne
I would like a good lead, 10 points is not enough.

Nope, that's called hanging around.

KevB
This is atrocious to watch. KU needs to keep pounding Aldrich inside to close this out. 11-54, 20%? Good lord.

Buehler445
03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
FUCKING CBS. Went to the OSU game. FUCK FUCK FUCK I want to watch this, but not right now.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 02:09 PM
This is atrocious to watch. KU needs to keep pounding Aldrich inside to close this out. 11-54, 20%? Good lord.

Yeah, I don't like reading through game threads where the winning team's fans are constantly complaining about how their team should be playing better, but holy crap, Kansas should be up by 40.

Making a run... 44-30 with a FT coming up.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 02:10 PM
And one bitches!

kysirsoze
finally pulling away a little!

Skip Towne
We need to get a lead and let Taylor run the point. Next year we will be glad we did.

petegz28
See, you beakers need to chill...we told you it was only a matter of time before KU pulled away.

Mr. Plow
We are 3-11 from the line.

Reerun_KC
03-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I don't like reading through game threads where the winning team's fans are constantly complaining about how their team should be playing better, but holy crap, Kansas should be up by 40.

Making a run... 44-30 with a FT coming up.

They should if they came to actually play today....

But Dayton brought their A++++++++++++ /MU and KSU fans...

Guru
****ING CBS. Went to the OSU game. **** **** **** I want to watch this, but not right now.They did? WHY?

Lzen
Boxing out is a foul and worthy of a punch in the head. /ksu fan

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

KcMizzou
They should if they came to actually play today....

But Dayton brought their A++++++++++++ /MU and KSU fans...You don't even make any sense.

Bearcat
03-22-2009, 02:12 PM
See, you beakers need to chill...we told you it was only a matter of time before KU pulled away.

Heh... a lot of these games are the same... weather the storm, pull away in the final ~7 minutes. The Jayhawks are so young though, so you never know when they'll go up by 15 and then promptly fall asleep.