PDA

View Full Version : Nate Davis Pro Day

doomy3
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow. ROFL

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5186

Nate Davis-QB- Player Mar. 22 - 11:16 pm et

Only one team -- the Colts -- sent a representative to Ball State QB Nate Davis' private Pro Day.
Davis never should've come out early. He was awful in the Cardinals' last two games and has seemed unprepared for pre-draft activities. He could be this year's version of Andre Woodson, assuming Davis is even drafted at all.
Source: Muncie (IN) Star Press
Related: Colts

SBK
03-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Wondering if he'll end up not even drafted?

doomy3
03-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Wondering if he'll end up not even drafted?

Yeah, I can't believe that.

That had to be a pretty depressing pro day for him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-22-2009, 10:35 PM
What the fuck?

Did he shit himself at the combine?

DeezNutz
03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
1 team? Wow.

Actually makes me feel bad for the kid.

doomy3
03-22-2009, 10:39 PM
1 team? Wow.

Actually makes me feel bad for the kid.

Me too. He came out thinking he could be a second round pick, and now there is one team showing up to his pro day. That would be unbelievably depressing.

DeezNutz
03-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Me too. He came out thinking he could be a second round pick, and now there is one team showing up to his pro day. That would be unbelievably depressing.

There must be something else going on that we don't know about with this kid.

I'd have to think he'd be a steal in the later rounds because of his raw tools...

KCrockaholic
03-23-2009, 12:50 AM
take him in the 7th. Thats what hes worth.

CoMoChief
03-23-2009, 11:54 AM
This is an extremely weak QB class. To take one early would just be fuckin stupid.

Demonpenz
03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
the fact he can't grip a football properly scared everyone off

BigRock
03-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Didn't Whitlock repeatedly call him the best QB in the draft?

SBK
03-23-2009, 05:07 PM
This is an extremely weak QB class. To take one early would just be ****in stupid.

I agree, we need to get an ILB or a TE, Gonzo is going to retire soon you know.

CaliforniaChief
03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Didn't Whitlock repeatedly call him the best QB in the draft?

That explains it....

wild1
03-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Well to be fair, Woodson had no business being drafted at all

Deberg_1990
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
I anxiously await tomorrows Whitlock column:

"Davis spurned on his Pro Day has a racial tinge about it"

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Well to be fair, Woodson had no business being drafted at all

What is the downside of burning a late 5th-6th round pick on a guy with the physical tools that Woodson has?

So he busts. If he pans out, you've got a QB with loads of talent who could carry a team.

Mecca
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
What is the downside of burning a late 5th-6th round pick on a guy with the physical tools that Woodson has?

So he busts. If he pans out, you've got a QB with loads of talent who could carry a team.

He obviously should play some WR just ask Maddog.

htismaqe
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM

Exactly.

doomy3
03-23-2009, 07:06 PM

The downside is that then you miss out on all those starting offensive linemen and linebackers that are reaches if you take them before the 5th round. That is where teams draft their starting lines. I read it on Chiefs Planet.

Deberg_1990
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Headlinin-Can-Nate-Davis-reconsider-this-whole?urn=ncaaf,149836

What if they held a pro day and nobody came? Such was nearly the fate of early exiting Ball State quarterback Nate Davis on Friday, when only the Indianapolis Colts showed up to watch him throw to various Cardinal receivers on BSU's home field, and that's probably only because it wasn't much of a drive for them. For Nate's sake, I hope the Colts liked what they saw as much as the local Muncie Star Press and mentor Steve DeBerg: Davis' stock is apparently plummeting, from day one possibility to late-round afterthought due to his size, Ball State's shotgun-based offense and ball security issues (he has a weird grip on the ball and fumbled multiple times in both of BSU's season-ending losses to Buffalo and Tulsa).

So they have doubts about the kid. Isn't that the guy you want to take an extra look at? Even if you pull an Andre Smith at your workout, no fate can be worse than being ignored.

wild1
03-23-2009, 07:36 PM

it is a good point. but i think it's also a lot more common to find a good player in the later rounds at other positions.

QBs are the most watched and examined players in the draft and in the college game, I think there is a much lesser chance of a good player slipping through the cracks at that position than others.

DaneMcCloud
03-24-2009, 12:49 PM

Plus, he was drafted with the 32nd pick in the 6th round by the defending Super Bowl champions, who already have a franchise QB. They have the luxury of allowing him to learn and grow for years.

bdeg
03-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I anxiously await tomorrows Whitlock column:

"Davis spurned on his Pro Day has a racial tinge about it"

LMAO that sounds like him