PDA

View Full Version : Economics T.A.R.P. funds being re-cycled into campaign donations

BucEyedPea
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/190363

Truly, this is a crime. They should all be tortured.

BucEyedPea
03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Remember, only the Rs are corrupt. The Ds are for the people.

petegz28
03-23-2009, 09:19 AM
We need a revolution. A peaceful one preferrably, but a revolution nonetheless.

Hydrae
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
We need a revolution. A peaceful one preferrably, but a revolution nonetheless.

Seconded

jAZ
03-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Nothing about this is a crime as far as I can see. Money is fungible and as long as there is no pay for play, it's perfectly legal.

However, it is just another example of why we need publicly funded elections.

BucEyedPea
03-23-2009, 10:30 AM
If you don't see that as a crime, in a moral and ethical sense then there's something wrong imo.
Just because something is legal doesn't make it ethical, right or moral. This is bribery at it's finest....all made legal of course.

It's defintion # 2 and #4 of crime:

2: a grave offense especially against morality

4: something reprehensible, foolish, or disgraceful <it's a crime to waste good food>

The answer is to follow the Constitution not publically fund elections which has it's own set of bad consequences some of them worse.
Like controlling who is legitimate to run. It's all about the state and it's statists want more power and control over our lives. Despots all.

jAZ
03-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Truly, this is a crime. They should all be tortured.

If you don't see that as a crime, in a moral and ethical sense then there's something wrong imo.
Just because something is legal doesn't make it ethical, right or moral. This is bribery at it's finest....all made legal of course.
I always knew you weren't a real libertarian, just an over-emotional pseudo-ideologue using liberty as an identity rather than a core value.

Like I said, my prefered solution to the corrupt system is publicly funded elections, not torture.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Remember, only the Rs are corrupt. The Ds are for the people.

They're all one and the same. I voted for Obama. I'm hopeful that he will still do the things that inspired me to vote for him in the first place, but I hold no disillusion that they are anything but one and the same.

SBK
03-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Come on, is anyone even surprised by this?

Fish
03-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Come on, is anyone even surprised by this?

Surprised? Nope.

Disgusted? Yep.