PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL and DIRECTV agree on new deal

DTLB58
03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Sunday Ticket will stay with DIRECTV through 2014...

I have had it since it's first year.

Probably wouldn't have been tore up if a Cable company would have stepped up and got it. At least I could watch games during the rainy season. :D

Thoughts?

Detoxing
03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Hopefully the price doesn't go up. This year will be my first year subscribing since 05

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Thoughts?

chiefs1111
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
If it wasn't for NFL Ticket id probably switch to Dish Network

wild1
03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
as a displaced Chiefs fan this really sucks.

Shag
03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Hopefully the price doesn't go up. This year will be my first year subscribing since 05

The price goes up about every year. I first got ST in '98, and it was $160. Now it's $400 (including the ridiculously priced SuperFan addon).

This agreement is bad for everyone but the NFL and DirecTV. I really hate the NFL for their exclusive agreements with DirecTV and EA - all it does is screw the consumer...

Pestilence
03-23-2009, 05:42 PM

Good luck with that. It's gone up every year that I've had it....and this year its 5 payments of $55.

Hydrae
03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
It's ok, they are putting in a new sports bar 2 blocks from my house. Think I will have to help them decorate.

Buck
03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
FUCK

Are you kidding me?

STUPID FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

Why must the NFL Monopolize its viewing?

I canceled my season tickets this next year and am signing up for Sunday NFL Ticket...was hoping after a couple years I could just do it on Cable.

Deberg_1990
03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Ive got no problem with Direct TV and their exclusive rights to the NFL.

They obviously make a ton of money on the deal or else they wouldnt do it.

I do wish they would offer games ala carte as an option instead of making you buy the whole package.

Something like 15-10 bucks for one week. or 9.99 for one game.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 05:54 PM
FUCK

Are you kidding me?

STUPID FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

I canceled my season tickets this next year and am signing up for Sunday NFL Ticket...was hoping after a couple years I could just do it on Cable.

Don't you live in San Diego? Why would you need Sunday Ticket? If I still lived in Missouri I wouldn't have it.

wild1
03-23-2009, 05:54 PM

Are you kidding me?

STUPID ****ING PIECE OF SHIT

Hell, before long cancelling your season tickets and getting NFL Sunday Ticket won't be saving you any money

Buck
03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Don't you live in San Diego? Why would you need Sunday Ticket? If I still lived in Missouri I wouldn't have it.

1 Season Ticket - $900 (each), must pay by Feb 21.

NFL Sunday Ticket Split among 3 guys - $167 each (estimating it costs $500)

Hell, before long cancelling your season tickets and getting NFL Sunday Ticket won't be saving you any money

Lets hope not.

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
1 Season Ticket - $900 (each), must pay by Feb 21.

NFL Sunday Ticket Split among 3 guys - $167 each (estimating it costs $500)

Lets hope not.

Sunday ticket doesn't cost $500.00.

It's like $199 the last time I checked. $299 for Superfan.

Buck
03-23-2009, 06:03 PM

From what I gathered on their website, its $425 for the DirecTV service + 1 year of NFL Sunday Ticket, or $525 for the DirecTV service + 1 year of NFL Sunday Ticket in Hi-Def.

I am not a current suscriber to DirecTV...I have Digital Cable.

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Sucks for me. I'll be watching again from my friend's Slingbox.

I can't get a dish at all at my condo.

Shag
03-23-2009, 06:05 PM

$299 for the basic ST, $99 for Superfan.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 06:06 PM

I think I'd draw the line at $500. Even for DTV that would be outrageous. With the economy the way it is, I think they'd lose a lot of business.

Buck
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM

Cant you just get a pole w/ a Cinder Block at the bottom of it and put it up every Sunday?

Frazod
03-23-2009, 06:09 PM

You should check into that. If you're a property owner, the douchebags that run your condo association saying you can't get a dish isn't the same as them actually being able to enforce it. Check your state and local laws.

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2009, 06:10 PM
$299 for the basic ST, $99 for Superfan.

Really?

I guess I should check my bill sometime.

:redface:

Buck
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Question,

Does anyone know if theres any way I can avoid buying a monthly package for DirecTV and just get the Sunday Ticket?

I cant find any way.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Really?

I guess I should check my bill sometime.

:redface:

God knows the add-ons get expensive quickly. I dumped all the premium channels because I never watched them. I get the MLB and NFL packages, and also pay an extra $5 for the Fox sports channels, which gets me most of the Mizzou games.

I also dumped the monthly guide. I don't think I so much as opened one in the past five years. I just tossed them in the magazine rack and threw them out in the trash every six months.

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
God knows the add-ons get expensive quickly. I dumped all the premium channels because I never watched them. I get the MLB and NFL packages, and also pay an extra $5 for the Fox sports channels, which gets me most of the Mizzou games.

I also dumped the monthly guide. I don't think I so much as opened one in the past five years. I just tossed them in the magazine rack and threw them out in the trash every six months.

Yeah, I don't get the guide. I think I pay something like $120 a month for the premium package, DVR, HD and four additional receivers. I hadn't realized the NFL package had gone up. Probably because they split it over five months.

As long as Direct TV has the NFL package, I'll be a customer.

Buck
03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey Dane or Frazod,

What kind of Internet do you have? DSL, Cable?

I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to dump my cable TV and just keep the internet and then have DirecTV for my TV.

stlchiefs
03-23-2009, 06:20 PM
This sucks. I will have to continue to catch the games on slingbox.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I don't get the guide. I think I pay something like $120 a month for the premium package, DVR, HD and four additional receivers. I hadn't realized the NFL package had gone up. Probably because they split it over five months.

As long as Direct TV has the NFL package, I'll be a customer.

Oh yeah, I pay extra for HD and three DVRs. Forgot about that.

I don't know if I'd go back to cable or not if DTV lost the monopoly. Perhaps if I could get AT&T U-verse. I'd never go back to Comcast. Comcast may be the absolute worst company on earth.

wild1
03-23-2009, 06:22 PM
i have comcast. i haven't had any issues before, but it's definitely expensive. plus i already pay for Center Ice.

i don't know if I love the NFL enough to pay $400 for it

Skip Towne
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Question,

Does anyone know if theres any way I can avoid buying a monthly package for DirecTV and just get the Sunday Ticket?

I cant find any way.

No, they require a package.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM
i have comcast. i haven't had any issues before, but it's definitely expensive. plus i already pay for Center Ice.

i don't know if I love the NFL enough to pay $400 for it

I had high speed internet through Comcast until recently. I was paying $61 a month and it went down for days at a time. I'd call service, stay home, they'd never show, then it would start working again, then go out, rinse and repeat. They seemed to think that I had no other options in my area, but when I discovered I could get DSL through another company I dumped them in a heartbeat. Their customer service is absolutely horrendous, at least in the Chicago area.

okcchief
03-23-2009, 06:31 PM
FYI

If you call and cancel Sunday ticket right before it starts they will throw in Superfan for free. I have done it the last three years :)

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2009, 07:37 PM
You should check into that. If you're a property owner, the douchebags that run your condo association saying you can't get a dish isn't the same as them actually being able to enforce it. Check your state and local laws.

I don't own. And where my condo is, I don't have a southern exposure that would get me a signal. Covered with trees, and what's not covered with trees is a big-ass apartment complex made of cement.

Frazod
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't own. And where my condo is, I don't have a southern exposure that would get me a signal. Covered with trees, and what's not covered with trees is a big-ass apartment complex made of cement.

Yep, you're screwed.

BCD
03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I really hate the NFL for their exclusive agreements with DirecTV and EA - all it does is screw the consumer...In this regard, the NFL can fuck itself. They're feally screwing the fans.

Bugeater
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Well I can guarantee I won't have the Sunday Ticket until at least 2015 then.

Deberg_1990
03-23-2009, 07:46 PM
In this regard, the NFL can **** itself. They're feally screwing the fans.

and yet you still continue to watch and talk about it. Plenty of fans still pay for the Sunday ticket.

They wouldnt do it, if there wasnt a market for it.

BCD
03-23-2009, 07:48 PM
The basic ticket is currently 280 with the early bird special.

BCD
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
and yet you still continue to watch and talk about it. Plenty of fans still pay for the Sunday ticket.

They wouldnt do it, if there wasnt a market for it.Just like a crack whore...:D

Deberg_1990
03-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Just like a crack whore...:D

:)

Fruit Ninja
03-23-2009, 08:50 PM
NFL monopolizes everything. i mean everything, from viewing to video games, to the drink, to the jersey's. I fucking hate them for doing that shit, but there is a battle in court over this shit, if the judge rules not in the NFL's favor, then we will see a fucking chain reaction of exclusives go down the drain.

rolstrol
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM

Are you kidding me?

STUPID ****ING PIECE OF SHIT

Rather NFL monopolize its viewing than Cable taking over.

As much as I like Comcast if they got the Ticket, no one would buy the Dish or Direct TV.

Good thing they have a bar here shows Chiefs games every Sunday where I live.

Skip Towne
03-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Rather NFL monopolize its viewing than Cable taking over.

As much as I like Comcast if they got the Ticket, no one would buy the Dish or Direct TV.

Good thing they have a bar here shows Chiefs games every Sunday where I live.

Lots of people would buy Directv even without the Ticket. Last I checked only 10% of their customers purchased the Ticket.

rolstrol
03-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Lots of people would buy Directv even without the Ticket. Last I checked only 10% of their customers purchased the Ticket.

Really.......

Didn't know that?

But I guess I can understand that, from what I hear Dish and Direct TV offer a lot more multilanguage channels than Comcast.

Skip Towne
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Really.......

Didn't know that?

But I guess I can understand that, from what I hear Dish and Direct TV offer a lot more multilanguage channels than Comcast.

My info is dated as I quit doing them in August. But I am seeing on message boards DTV has more HD channels than anybody. I think Dish has more Spanish channels. Both have a better picture than most cable systems.

wild1
03-23-2009, 09:43 PM
i dont know how to tell who has the most HD channels. i looked into it and you find out that some of those ads are counting PPV and indemand channels or pay channels i'm not going to buy.

Reerun_KC
03-23-2009, 10:08 PM
My only request for DTV and the Sunday Ticket would be...

Give me the option between 3 different audio streams for the game. I would like to be able to select either one of the teams radio broadcast, OR the shit TV broadcast with the ****ing poser losers in the booth...

With todays technology, it should be easy to bundle up the audio and give you an option...

Guru
03-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Exclusivity deals suck!!!