PDA

View Full Version : Life I have been chosen for Jury Duty I report in 2 weeks

Gracie Dean
03-24-2009, 07:01 PM
I actually like doing jury duty, it is a great experience and something I can take back to my classroom to share.

I served once before for 3 days on a Buglary case. We found the dude not guilty even tho we figured he probably was. The Prosecution just did not provide us beyond a reasonable doubt as to guilt.

I am looking forward and hoping I get chosen. I also hope it is not a nasty murder trial. We have several coming up! There is also a RICO gang thing that is ongoing. I don't want to be involved in that either

luv
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Um. Congratulations?

Gracie Dean
03-24-2009, 07:08 PM
it is okay. It is really a cool process if you get chosen and not have to go sit and wait. I will get excused from teaching but will have to create probably a weeks worth of lesson plans. The down side is, I can't get "double paid" so I will either have to give them my jury check or tell them the amount I get and they will deduct that from my check. I don't remember how that works, but it is one of the two

luv
03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
it is okay. It is really a cool process if you get chosen and not have to go sit and wait. I will get excused from teaching but will have to create probably a weeks worth of lesson plans. The down side is, I can't get "double paid" so I will either have to give them my jury check or tell them the amount I get and they will deduct that from my check. I don't remember how that works, but it is one of the two

Typically, you turn in proof of how much you were paid, and they deduct it.

JOhn
03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
I had jury duty awhile back, but they excused me. Seems you can't be a jurist if you're the one having a trial, go figure. :shrug:

Gracie Dean
03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
I had jury duty awhile back, but they excused me. Seems you can't be a jurist if you're the one having a trial, go figure. :shrug:

hah oh sorry man

SBK
03-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I testified in a federal case that went on for over 3 weeks. I was there for 1 day and it was friggin brutal. No thanks.

Joe Seahawk
03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I hope they lose my info, I've been called 4 times, sat on a jury 3 times and the 4th case would have been a high profile murder trial (luckily it got a continuance or something and they dismissed all 200 of us)

I sat on two child molestation cases and one grand theft arc welder, the arc welder one was pretty painless, the molestation cases went 1 and 2 weeks respectively.

All of this was in the last 7 years.. GEEZ!

BWillie
03-24-2009, 09:37 PM
I would just go into the jury duty interview thingy wearing an executioners mask and start out by saying "I believe in a fair trial".....

Discuss Thrower
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
I would just go into the jury duty interview thingy wearing an executioners mask and start out by saying "I believe in a fair trial".....

If I have shit to do and get called, I'll play the bigot card. Though with my luck I'll get a middle to lower upper class WASP whom is also a mason and likes Battlestar Galactica.