PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues House Budget whacks Cap-n-Trade

petegz28
03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Really I am for Cap-n-Trade to a point. We need to take better care of the planet. That being said, the "pollute for profit" types such as Rush should be happy about this.

RINGLEADER
03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Really I am for Cap-n-Trade to a point. We need to take better care of the planet. That being said, the "pollute for profit" types such as Rush should be happy about this.

I agree with you.

I would support it if they could a) make the market an incentive instead of a punsihment and b) if they would use the revenue generated from these taxes on renewable energy development and infrastructure. The way it was proposed was just another tax that all Americans were going to have to shoulder to pay for more government spending on completely unrelated things.

BucEyedPea
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Hooray! The enviro threats are exaggerated and this was a bad solution.

petegz28
03-25-2009, 11:10 AM

I don't knwo that I agree with you that the threats are exaggerated.

BucEyedPea
03-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I heard a noise.

petegz28
03-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I heard a noise.

It was your brain overheating

oldandslow
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM

It may be a bad solution, but if you don't believe the pollution threats are real, you are not paying attention.

alanm
03-25-2009, 10:30 PM
It may be a bad solution, but if you don't believe the pollution threats are real, you are not paying attention.You get China, Russia, India ect. to sign on maybe we'd get somewhere. Meanwhile we should continue to do what we can.