PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs have to play all games on the road?

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 01:09 PM
According to Keitzman the steal workers are going on strike and if the construction isn't done the Chiefs will have to play all there games on the road next season. Keitzman is full of shit.

Count Zarth
03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
roofles

Mecca
03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Well that would lead to a 1-15 season.

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know much about Labor Unions?

DeezNutz
And the stimulus continues to fail.

Obama...dang...

Mr. Arrowhead
WTF

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
there was murmurs about this a couple weeks ago. Should be interesting

Fish
03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
They're moving the games to the Sprint Center......

Buck
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Wait, why?

Is Arrowhead under Construction?

If this happened I'm sure they would be able to play at Kansas or Mizzou instead of having all road games.

DeezNutz
:tinfoil:

ChiefsCountry
Well unions are pretty stupid to begin with but that is served for the other forum.

Guess the Texan logo wont be in Kansas City then.

King_Chief_Fan
03-25-2009, 01:15 PM

more than I care to

Chocolate Hog
Wait, why?

If this happened I'm sure they would be able to play at Kansas or Mizzou instead of having all road games.

Nah Keitzman said it has something to do with revenue. The Chiefs would make more money if they play all there games on the road.

ChiefsCountry

Neither stadium could hold the season ticket base.

chiefs1111
Oh brother

Mecca
Wait, why?

It is under construction remember the renovation?

Playing the games at Kansas is an issue because the Chiefs play in Missouri and the Mizzou campus is a good distance away and isn't that big...

There are all kinds of issues if this is true.

Brock
03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
You guys are funny.

DeezNutz
Are they moving all of the games to LA?!? Is this going to be a secret experiment?!?

MOhillbilly

yes. i know force breaks strikes. 10M Chiefs fans V. 100000 steel workers.

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Good thing this team will probably suck anyway

DenverDanChiefsFan
Kietzman's "source" says a strike of 30 day or more would cause the Chiefs to play all games on the road. Said they could play at KU or MU but both have issues. Or would play at each of their opponents stadiums.

King_Chief_Fan
The Dome in St. Louis will hold them.
There were more Chiefs fans in the Dome when KC played St. Louis than there were Rams fans.
Playing in St. Louis....I would like that.

MiDW3sT
well i work out there during the season. my job may not be there anymore, lol.

Baconeater
03-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Are the "steal" workers going remove the seats and the field?

Crush
The only way to solve this problem is to scream while running around in circles.

RustShack
Maybe we can cut a deal with the Cowboys and play there during all their away games, then wear our Texans jerseys all year long. :)

Mecca
03-25-2009, 01:19 PM

I guess the stadium is all fucked up from the renovation if you stop in the middle it probably wouldn't be suitable to hold people.

Buck
03-25-2009, 01:20 PM

MU football games are played on Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium. Built in 1926, the stadium has an official capacity of 68,349, and features a nearly 100 ft (30 m). wide "M" behind the north end zone. Men's and women's basketball games are played at the Mizzou Arena, located just south of the football stadium. The Hearnes Center hosted men's and women's basketball from 1972 to 2004 and is still used for other athletic and school events.

-----

How many season ticket holders are there?

PastorMikH

I'd imagine they would have more room for KC fans than an opponents stadium would.

MiDW3sT
well yeah, it's got at least some validity to it. it's being announced on 610 and 810 now.

Sam Hall
this location has about 83,000 seats:D

ChiefsCountry
MU football games are played on Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium. Built in 1926, the stadium has an official capacity of 68,349, and features a nearly 100 ft (30 m). wide "M" behind the north end zone. Men's and women's basketball games are played at the Mizzou Arena, located just south of the football stadium. The Hearnes Center hosted men's and women's basketball from 1972 to 2004 and is still used for other athletic and school events.

-----

How many season ticket holders are there?

Mecca
03-25-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd imagine they would have more room for KC fans than an opposing stadium would.

NFL stadiums hold more people so if Chiefs fans didn't travel the fans there would just buy the tickets so the Chiefs would make more money...and the Chiefs would get the home revenue for the game.

Baconeater
03-25-2009, 01:21 PM
this location has about 80,000 seats:D
FUCK YEAH!

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 01:22 PM
KC fans fleeced again?

ChiefsCountry
King Carl talked about this before the renovations took place about moving the games to Columbia or Lawrence. He said those places couldnt hold the season ticket base so it was not logical to move games there. Basically in the region are only choices would be Lincoln or Norman.

Baby Lee

That's there plan.

Sam Hall
03-25-2009, 01:23 PM
**** YEAH!

Yes, it would work. The people in Nebraska are Chiefs fans. The people who can't get into Memorial Stadium on Saturday could get in on Sunday.

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 01:23 PM
So they weren't going to do the Mini Camp at Arrowhead this year anyway? That was always fun

Count Zarth
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Somewhere Carl is laughing his satanic ass off.

Buck
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Fuggin' A?

Qualcomm Stadium has about 68,500 seats total.

You guys are Hardcore.

Sully
03-25-2009, 01:25 PM
The only way to solve this problem is to scream while running around in circles.

I am WAY ahead of you.

Demonpenz
Somewhere Carl is laughing his satanic ass off.

it looks like he saw this one coming...........

jiveturkey
Didn't they make a big deal about using local labor? And now these fuckers go and strike? That's pretty rude.

philfree
Economy's down the tubes so this union thinks it's a good time to strike? Fuck them and bring on the scabs.

PhilFree:arrow:

Baconeater
03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Yes, it would work. The people in Nebraska are Chiefs fans. The people who can't get into Memorial Stadium on Saturday could get in on Sunday.
There isn't really one dominant NFL team in the area as far as fans go, there's just as many Donk, Viking and Bears fans as there are Chiefs fans here.

googlegoogle
03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Well. We already have Texas emblems already.

googlegoogle
03-25-2009, 01:27 PM
According to Keitzman the steal workers are going on strike and if the construction isn't done the Chiefs will have to play all there games on the road next season. Keitzman is full of shit.

envy?

Demonpenz
610 says they might need to have another bi state tax to get this done :(

ChiefsCountry
Fuggin' A?

Qualcomm Stadium has about 68,500 seats total.

You guys are Hardcore.

And that is during down years. During the 90's it was around 72k to 74k with a waiting list.

DaFace
03-25-2009, 01:28 PM
This just in, the Chiefs will wear their throwback uniforms all year and will play in Houston.

Blindside58
03-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Sounds like the Funkhouser revolt has begun! Score Hunt-1 Funkhouser-0.

PastorMikH
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Economy's down the tubes so this union thinks it's a good time to strike? **** them and bring on the scabs.

While I agree with the sentiment, as big as this project is, finding that many experienced steel workers that aren't union who are willing to cross the line could be difficult.

ChiefsCountry
Ironically a strike occured when they built the Sports Complex thats why the dome was scrapped.

GoHuge
Luckily they have enough done at Kauffman they say they'll be fine there. What I don't understand is that the season is roughly 4 months long (well for this team this year it will be) if they lost one month of construction or even two wouldn't they be able to play the last two or three months at Arrowhead? Seems to make sense to me :shrug:

This is why I hate Unions. If we demanded a raise and walked off of our job we'd get canned. Strength in numbers!

Blindside58
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Luckily they have enough done at Kauffman they say they'll be fine there. What I don't understand is that the season is roughly 4 months long (well for this team this year it will be) if they lost one month of construction or even two wouldn't they be able to play the last two or three months at Arrowhead? Seems to make sense to me :shrug:

This is why I hate Unions. If we demanded a raise and walked off of our job we'd get canned. Strength in numbers!

Or not strong enough to stand on their own!

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Keitzman is a dolt.

That said, given the number of people looking for work, it would be a great time to tell any striking Union workers to gfy and hit the bricks.

Guru
Guess we won't have to worry about blackouts. LMAO

PastorMikH
MU football games are played on Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium. Built in 1926, the stadium has an official capacity of 68,349,

They could easily squeeze a couple thousand on the east side in the grass and on the M.

jiveturkey
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Keitzman is a dolt.

That said, given the number of people looking for work, it would be a great time to tell any striking Union workers to gfy and hit the bricks.I'm sure that the recently released financial services sales dick will make a great steel worker. Maybe the drive-tru order takers that just got replaced by someone in India? I'm sure that they can hang steel.

Fish
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
You know.... this is the perfect opportunity for True Fans™ to show their real commitment to the team. They should all donate their free time to helping with the construction.... Pull together! We can do this!

CoMoChief
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
It is under construction remember the renovation?

Playing the games at Kansas is an issue because the Chiefs play in Missouri and the Mizzou campus is a good distance away and isn't that big...

There are all kinds of issues if this is true.

The Bears played in Champagne, IL while the spaceship landed in Soldier Field.

I think Champagne from Chicago is a further drive than what KC to CoMo is.

Parking and space period would be a fucking nightmare if they played in CoMo.

buddha
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
The season ticket base would NEVER go to Norman, and Lincoln isn't exactly convenient either. Faurot Field can hold more than KU's stadium, and you could expand it with temporary seating behind each endzone (field level), and above the Hill. You could easily get it into the mid 70s if you had to. No, it's not Arrowhead, but it's the best local option there is.

As for the union situation, either they do right by the Kansas City area, or the area should turn against them in every way possible. This is nothing but a stick up by Labor. Work for the money that was in the project and be HAPPY that you have a job!

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Will this delay the release of the schedule?

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 01:38 PM
How many people does the kansas speedway hold?

Fish
03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Most Fucked up offseason EVER!!!

SenselessChiefsFan
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Economy's down the tubes so this union thinks it's a good time to strike? **** them and bring on the scabs.

I hope it does happen. I would love for the Unions to continue doing this stupid stuff. Then, MAYBE, people will start seeing them for the fact that they are nothing more than legalized organized crime that is backed by the democratic party.

ChiefsCountry
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I hope it does happen. I would love for the Unions to continue doing this stupid stuff. Then, MAYBE, people will start seeing them for the fact that they are nothing more than legalized organized crime that is backed by the democratic party.

Dang you finally said something sensible. :)

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm sure that the recently released financial services sales dick will make a great steel worker. Maybe the drive-tru order takers that just got replaced by someone in India? I'm sure that they can hang steel.

I know quite a few union carpenters, including union steel workers and millwrights in KC.

I hope they can work something out, but to assume a construction worker isn't replacable is pretty funny. You're right that some 60 year old sprint IT guy probably can't, but strong backs are available. ALOT of construction guys are laid off right now.

Brock
03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the company isn't trying to fuck them or anything. They wouldn't do that.:drool:

GoHuge
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Hell yeah Kansas Speedway could hold them all and then some. That would be the best solution rather than trucking to Lawrence, Columbia, Lincoln or where the f#*k ever.

Also a caller just called and said her husband is a union worker and they don't have a say or a vote in what the union does. One man by the name of Terry Davis is the local president and he alone has the say so on whether the union excepts the construction companies bid or not. I say KC needs to go full on Nuthooks for this economic terrorists. He's basically committing extortion and using our beloved sports team as bait for these local businesses to put up more money. I think alot of union guys are going to continue to work because they know how lucky they are to have a good job.

Brock
03-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Fire them all and hire illegal immigrants. That'll fix things.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 01:55 PM
The companies could be the a-holes as well, there is no doubt about that.

Given the economy and the number of construction companies that are slow, the number of employees that are laid off, I'd say they should probably be happy to still have their jobs, still be getting their benefits and have work.

There aren't alot of construction companies recording record profits the past couple of years that I'm aware of, are you?

Brock
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
The companies could be the a-holes as well, there is no doubt about that.

Given the economy and the number of construction companies that are slow, the number of employees that are laid off, I'd say they should probably be happy to still have their jobs, still be getting their benefits and have work.

There aren't alot of construction companies recording record profits the past couple of years that I'm aware of, are you?

I don't know what the situation is. If the company is asking for givebacks, don't blame the union for striking.

alpha_omega
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
No way....there is too much $$$ at stake for all sides.

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Iowanian do the union workers still get paid while they are on strike?

Brock
03-25-2009, 01:59 PM

ROFL

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 02:00 PM
No.

seclark
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Also a caller just called and said her husband is a union worker and they don't have a say or a vote in what the union does. One man by the name of Terry Davis is the local president and he alone has the say so on whether the union excepts the construction companies bid or not. I say KC needs to go full on Nuthooks for this economic terrorists. He's basically committing extortion and using our beloved sports team as bait for these local businesses to put up more money. I think alot of union guys are going to continue to work because they know how lucky they are to have a good job.

i'd say this ladies husband doesn't attend any union meetings. the president, or head of the bargaining committee can accept or refuse the proposal, but the membership has to vote to ratify the contract.
sec

dirk digler
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
So why are they striking?

vailpass
03-25-2009, 02:02 PM

You mention extortion again and I'll have your legs broken.

vailpass
03-25-2009, 02:02 PM

Depends if they have a strike fund. Even then it is partial wages for a limited time.

SBK
03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
If they move the games to the GA Dome I'll buy season tickets. If they use any of the SEC venues I'll go at least once. :)

Iowanian
So why are they striking?

The union picket sign printing shops are running slow due to the economic downturn.

. I have no idea what they're upset about.

KcFanNindy
You know.... this is the perfect opportunity for True Fans™ to show their real commitment to the team. They should all donate their free time to helping with the construction.... Pull together! We can do this!

you cross the picket line...if you think things are bad now....try crossing a picket line....i will tell you i am a Union Man, and each is to their own, but if one was to attempt to cross the line, violence would errupt, i am almost sure of that. Those individuals who are on strike will be fighting for their jobs, and the scabs who cross, would be in fear of getting retalitated against. You also have to remember another thing, other Unions would also help and assist another Union, if asked too. Its called Soladarity! Once the line goes up...no one will want to cross the line.....even non-union persons....look at the history of the Unions and strikes from the recessions eras.

GoHuge
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Iowanian do the union workers still get paid while they are on strike?Ah not so much. How many people do you know that get paid for pouting for more money and not working? Union workers get paid by the hour. When they don't work the clock doesn't move either.

Was this a serious question? If so your a grade A dumbass :thumb:

King_Chief_Fan
03-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Ah not so much. How many people do you know that get paid for pouting for more money and not working? Union workers get paid by the hour. When they don't work the clock doesn't move either.

not entirely true....they receive strike pay...which is a token of what their hourly rate is. No unemployment and no wage, but, they get strike pay. Was that a serious answer? if so, ...........................................

raybec 4
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
you cross the picket line...if you think things are bad now....try crossing a picket line....i will tell you i am a Union Man, and each is to their own, but if one was to attempt to cross the line, violence would errupt, i am almost sure of that. Those individuals who are on strike will be fighting for their jobs, and the scabs who cross, would be in fear of getting retalitated against. You also have to remember another thing, other Unions would also help and assist another Union, if asked too. Its called Solardirty! Once the line goes up...no one will want to cross the line.....even non-union persons....look at the history of the Unions and strikes from the recessions eras.

I knew renewable energy was a hoax.

dirk digler
03-25-2009, 02:07 PM
The union picket sign printing shops are running slow due to the economic downturn.

. I have no idea what they're upset about.

From the other thread

Labor Dispute Could Put Chiefs Entire Season On The Road
Meagan Kelleher, Web Producer
March 25, 2009

KANSAS CITY, MO - The Chiefs home season might be in jeopardy because of a labor strike at Truman Sports Complex, according to Kevin Kietzman with 810 Sports Radio.

According to Kietzman, there are five days left in a labor contract between the builder and the Ironworkers Local Number 10 Union. When the contract expires at midnight on March 30, Kietzman said the iron workers and carpenters will go on strike. If that strike lasts 30 to 60 days long, the Chiefs will have to play their entire season on the road.

Jackson County released this statement after the announcement on Wednesday afternoon:

"Despite rumors to the contrary we are confident that the parties involved in these negotiations will reach a settlement that will allow work to continue at the Jackson County Sports Complex. When completed these renovation projects will give the fans and members of our community the great facilities they have been promised and maintain our place as a leader in sports venues in the United States."

Kietzman reported that opening day for the Royals would not be affected. The Chiefs would have to play every scheduled home game at the opposing team's stadium.

FOX 4 will have more on this story at FOX 4 News at 5 and 6.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 02:07 PM
violence, because some people still want to go to work. brilliant!

I always thought the best way to "fight for your job" was to keep going and working every day.

King_Chief_Fan
03-25-2009, 02:08 PM
you cross the picket line...if you think things are bad now....try crossing a picket line....i will tell you i am a Union Man, and each is to their own, but if one was to attempt to cross the line, violence would errupt, i am almost sure of that. Those individuals who are on strike will be fighting for their jobs, and the scabs who cross, would be in fear of getting retalitated against. You also have to remember another thing, other Unions would also help and assist another Union, if asked too. Its called Solardirty! Once the line goes up...no one will want to cross the line.....even non-union persons....look at the history of the Unions and strikes from the recessions eras.

you will have to explain then how many companies do get replacement workers and continue to run effeciently and cost effective and still deliver products to customers. I know several mfg sites where this happens.

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Ah not so much. How many people do you know that get paid for pouting for more money and not working? Union workers get paid by the hour. When they don't work the clock doesn't move either.

Asking a quesiton makes you a dumbass? At UPS if you joined the union you put money in in case of a strike so you'll still get paid during the strike. The Steel union is different thats why I was asking Iowanian if he knew about that union.

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
How do you hide something from unions? Put it under their work boots

raybec 4
03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
violence, because some people still want to go to work. brilliant!

I always thought the best way to "fight for your job" was to keep going and working every day.

Stop with the crazy talk Iowanian, nobody keeps their job by working hard, that's why the slowest and laziest band together to attempt to hold their employers for ransom. It's worked so well for the UAW we should all give it a go.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't know about the workings of these unions....I just have relatives/friends in them. We don't talk about it.

Fish
you cross the picket line...if you think things are bad now....try crossing a picket line....i will tell you i am a Union Man, and each is to their own, but if one was to attempt to cross the line, violence would errupt, i am almost sure of that. Those individuals who are on strike will be fighting for their jobs, and the scabs who cross, would be in fear of getting retalitated against. You also have to remember another thing, other Unions would also help and assist another Union, if asked too. Its called Soladarity! Once the line goes up...no one will want to cross the line.....even non-union persons....look at the history of the Unions and strikes from the recessions eras.

ROFL :doh!:

soundmind

My being unemployed for over 3 months, while being both experienced and trying like hell to find work, means I'd consider crossing said line. I'm not knocking the Unions, most people in those professions are breaking their backs all day long....much love for the laborers, I hope they're not getting worked over.

However, if you pay me what you were paying that guy, plus benefits, I'll be rollin into work at Arrowhead geared up with a shotgun. Get in line b*tches, try to stop me. Get your whole Local 223 lined up, let's see how many want to get shot.

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
This just in:

The City has hired Carl Peterson to negotiate with the union

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
However, if you pay me what you were paying that guy, plus benefits, I'll be rollin into work at Arrowhead geared up with a shotgun.

Why don't you learn to do what they do, and then you won't be unemployed anymore.

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 02:14 PM
not entirely true....they receive strike pay...which is a token of what their hourly rate is. No unemployment and no wage, but, they get strike pay. Was that a serious answer? if so, ...........................................

here is a little bit more info....for the wages a union makes, he usually donates or ( has to pay Union Dues) which is usually 2 hours of hourly pay for union dues which is usually paid monthly (so around $40-50 a month), in turn gets great benefits, good wages, etc.

Part of the union dues goes into a strike fund, in order to get paid the strike fund fees, you have to work the strike line. Thats why you see people walking the lines...i will tell you this it will not be anywhere of the wages that they were making. Each Union is different, but the concept is about the same.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 02:18 PM
I wonder what the contract says about the company not meeting the deadline? I'll wager there are severe penalties/day for not getting it done.

soundmind
03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Why don't you learn to do what they do, and then you won't be unemployed anymore.

Oh man, that's genius! Why didn't I think of that???

Not that I give two sh*ts about your uneducated opinion, but I have applied for like positions. And already looked into a few Union-based job options. And I may end up that direction.

Why don't you take that knife you're attempting to cut me with and shove it in your infested c*nt.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
can't we just hire a bunch of GD Mexicans?

mikey23545
03-25-2009, 02:20 PM

Well, after all, it is "theres".

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:21 PM

Not that I give two sh*ts about your uneducated opinion, but I have applied for like positions. And already looked into a few Union-based job options. And I may end up that direction.

Why don't you take that knife you're attempting to cut me with and shove it in your infested c*nt.

Um, it isn't me who sounds like a sandy vag, pal. Good luck to you.

raybec 4
03-25-2009, 02:21 PM

Holy butt hurt batman!

ChiTown
03-25-2009, 02:24 PM

:spock:

soundmind
03-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Um, it isn't me who sounds like a sandy vag, pal. Good luck to you.

3 months of UE, while working as hard as you can to find solutions, makes for a short fuse when someone tries to take stabs. My apologies, I do not take kidney shots very well right now.

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
here is another thought for you guys, usually when a Union contractor gets the job they try to use Union Brothers for other parts of the job as well, ie ( using Teamsters) to get the supplies/materials to the job site.

Here is a situation that has happen to me in the past, Lets use the Iron workers in this case go on strike at the complex, but there are other unions involved at the complex performing work, too, like electricians, sheetmetal workers, carpenters, etc.. since the iron workers are the ones who go on strike, the other unions will not cross a line of a former brother Union worker....at the same location, then you have outside Union brothers, like concrete workers, teamsters, who would be normally be making deliveries to these areas, will then inform their companies that a strike line has been setup, and that the worker will not cross the line.

i believe that is what has occured at the stadium, and possibly a reason if goes to a extended time, it will in turn delay all projects schedules.

I am sure there are other Chief Planet Members who are also in Unions, if so please speak up and give your input!

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
3 months of UE, while working as hard as you can to find solutions, makes for a short fuse when someone tries to take stabs. My apologies, I do not take kidney shots very well right now.

I didn't mean that as "taking a stab". Just a response to people who think they can jump right into a construction job with outstanding wages and benefits like it's no big deal. Contrary to what a lot of people around here think, those guys work hard and they know what they're doing, and they earn every dime they get.

GoHuge
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
not entirely true....they receive strike pay...which is a token of what their hourly rate is. No unemployment and no wage, but, they get strike pay. Was that a serious answer? if so, ...........................................For most the strike pay isn't worth sitting on your ass to make a point. Obviously they don't worry about PR at all because in this economic climate with all their benefts that they recieve and now want more they look like some real greedy f*#ks. I'd love to see enough scabs show up to put them out of work permanently. Make them fend for themselves like every other working person in this country has to. They work solely on threats and according to one poster violence against anybody that goes against them. Most people would love to make what some of these guys make for doing the same work. Non-union guys make significantly less for doing the same job, and the union guys still want more.........give it or they'll pout, picket (walking around in circles with a sign) and "do violence" because apparently the barbarians can't come up with any fresh ideas. They use the Mob mentality. Apparently not alot of "thinkers" on that team.

Union guys work their ass off, but their management makes them look very greedy while some of their neighbors are losing their homes because of flat out losing their jobs.

Fritz88
03-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Well that would lead to a 1-15 season.

where's the 1 coming from?

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
For most the strike pay isn't worth sitting on your ass to make a point. Obviously they don't worry about PR at all because in this economic climate with all their benefts that they recieve and now want more they look like some real greedy f*#ks. I'd love to see enough scabs show up to put them out of work permanently. Make them fend for themselves like every other working person in this country has to. They work solely on threats and according to one poster violence against anybody that goes against them. Most people would love to make what some of these guys make for doing the same work. Non-union guys make significantly less for doing the same job, and the union guys still want more.........give it or they'll pout, picket (walking around in circles with a sign) and "do violence" because apparently the barbarians can't come up with any fresh ideas. They use the Mob mentality. Apparently not alot of "thinkers" on that team.

Union guys work their ass off, but their management makes them look very greedy while some of their neighbors are losing their homes because of flat out losing their jobs.

In other words, "Stop being greedy. Lay down and take it in the ass".

jiveturkey
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
I wonder what the contract says about the company not meeting the deadline? I'll wager there are severe penalties/day for not getting it done.
That's a good point. Those penalties can be a killer.

stlchiefs
03-25-2009, 02:48 PM
The Dome in St. Louis will hold them.
There were more Chiefs fans in the Dome when KC played St. Louis than there were Rams fans.
Playing in St. Louis....I would like that.

Sold. I just went down the the dome and picked up my Chiefs season ticket package. You guys in KC better hurry, they are going fast!

GoHuge
03-25-2009, 02:54 PM
In other words, "Stop being greedy. Lay down and take it in the ass". I can assure you these guys aren't fighting to keep their current salaries. Their fighting to get raises. I've never heard of a Union taking a step back. I could be wrong but I'd like to hear of a time a Union went backwards. My point is simply this......in this climate this looks like complete greed when their neighbors (not "brothers" I grant you) have lost their lively hood and homes.

Darth CarlSatan
03-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Jesus H. Christ this forum sometimes...

Nzoner
03-25-2009, 02:57 PM
There was a lengthy strike in the early 70's as well when Arrowhead was under construction.I just hope KC doesn't sell their soul to the devil this time around too.:)

Brock
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
I can assure you these guys aren't fighting to keep their current salaries. Their fighting to get raises. I've never heard of a Union taking a step back. I could be wrong but I'd like to hear of a time a Union went backwards. My point is simply this......in this climate this looks like complete greed when their neighbors (not "brothers" I grant you) have lost their lively hood and homes.

How can you assure me of anything? You don't know what's going on.

PS, the UAW just got finished "going backwards". They took a paycut.

CrazyPhuD
03-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I can assure you these guys aren't fighting to keep their current salaries. Their fighting to get raises. I've never heard of a Union taking a step back. I could be wrong but I'd like to hear of a time a Union went backwards. My point is simply this......in this climate this looks like complete greed when their neighbors (not "brothers" I grant you) have lost their lively hood and homes.

The auto and airline unions all took pay cuts. Union leverage during economic difficulties gets significantly reduced. If the choice is between the company going under(or in some cases losing a job) the union will have to take a cut to keep the employment.

Brock
03-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm always amazed to hear people telling other Americans to take whatever crumbs they're offering and smile, especially when we just did a government bailout so that some executives get to keep their houses on the beach. Utterly backward thinking.

Darth CarlSatan
03-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm sure that the recently released financial services sales dick will make a great steel worker. Maybe the drive-tru order takers that just got replaced by someone in India? I'm sure that they can hang steel.

I'm always amazed to hear people telling other Americans to take whatever crumbs they're offering and smile, especially when we just did a government bailout so that some executives get to keep their houses on the beach. Utterly backward thinking.

The labor chicken hawks are just like their NeoDouche brethren; a lot of talk, a lot of posturing, but no balls in all the world to actually do the things they threaten. Unless of course they send someone else to do it for them.

Sometimes I wish the world and the economy WOULD collapse, so I could go about killing idiots at my leisure.

Dartgod
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
How can you assure me of anything? You don't know what's going on.

PS, the UAW just got finished "going backwards". They took a paycut.

The auto and airline unions all took pay cuts. Union leverage during economic difficulties gets significantly reduced. If the choice is between the company going under(or in some cases losing a job) the union will have to take a cut to keep the employment.
The teamsters at a certain local trucking company recently took a 10% paycut. Non-union workers for the same company also got their wages cut.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 03:35 PM
In other words, "Stop being greedy. Lay down and take it in the ass".

I'm curious what you've read/heard/seen that leads you to believe these guys are being asked to spread their cheeks?

All I've heard is that the current agreement is about to expire, and they're not together on the new deal.

It is fact that the UAW had to take a pay cut, but I'll suggest the outragous packages they've leveraged over the companies the past few decades have partially put those same companies in the situations they currently face. I know quite a few guys in different construction related unions, and I can see why they think its a good thing for them as an employee. I've also worked as a "scab" while in HS on a site where an "operator" wouldn't get off of his machine to move something out of his way, and sat for 15 minutes until a laborer showed up to move it.

Hoover
03-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I hear the unions are pissed that Carl got shit canned

Darth CarlSatan
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM

As much of a tight ass as HE was, I very much doubt it.

Brock
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm curious what you've read/heard/seen that leads you to believe these guys are being asked to spread their cheeks?

What makes others around here think this is just the union being greedy?

Which do you think is more likely, the company is trying to fuck the workers out of some benefits and the union is saying "No", or the union is willing to put its workers through a strike because of unreasonable demands?

Mojo Jojo
03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
What makes others around here think this is just the union being greedy?

Which do you think is more likely, the company is trying to **** the workers out of some benefits and the union is saying "No", or the union is willing to put its workers through a strike because of unreasonable demands?

According to the news...the Union wants $2.00 more per hour in the new agreement. The current one expires on March 31.

KcFanNindy
03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
sounds pretty fair to me, with the cost of inflation going up, fuel prices are on the rise, medical cost going up....hell a man or woman has to stay up with the tide....plus if you are above on a 6 inch piece of steel, 150 feet off the ground yea he/she should be paid!

Crush
03-25-2009, 05:23 PM

Then they can go to hell. They can go to hell and die.

KCUnited
03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
The teamsters at a certain local trucking company recently took a 10% paycut. Non-union workers for the same company also got their wages cut.

The union wasn't going to take that cut unless everyone did. I hope they insist on that when they negotiate their next increase.