PDA

View Full Version : Sammie Lee Hill

RustShack
03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Sammie Lee Hill Is Getting Around
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2009, 4:10 p.m.

Little-known Sammie Lee Hill, a defensive tackle from Stillman College, quietly is getting noticed as the draft approaches.

A league source tells us that Hill, who some think could be picked as high as round two, has scheduled visits with the Jets, Eagles, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Steelers.

He also has met with the Patriots, Rams, and Chiefs.

At 6′4″ and 329 pounds, Hill has the size to play tackle in either the 4-3 or the 3-4 defensive alignments.

ChiefsCountry
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Needs some work but I like him. He is a protypical 3-4 NG.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
He has prototype size for the position, but we all know about NE's aversion to small school players. Again, he's an interesting prospect, but with the whole league moving to a 3-4, I think he's getting overvalued.

bdeg
03-25-2009, 08:35 PM
a servicable nt doesn't have to do a lot, but he needs to be big. guy fits the bill if he's there late

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 10:23 PM
a servicable nt doesn't have to do a lot, but he needs to be big. guy fits the bill if he's there late

If all you had to be to play NT was a fatass, there would be numerous great ones in the NFL.

It's the hardest position in the NFL to find.

bdeg
03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
a great NT is hard to find, a serviceable one just has to push people around

I don't think we have any serviceable NT's on the roster.

like maybe sam adams a couple years ago before everyone found out he sucked

htismaqe
03-26-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm just not a big fan of small college guys anymore. I know that there's gems out there to be found, but I'm too lazy to look for them. The track record of guys from BCS schools is just much better.

PhillyChiefFan
03-26-2009, 10:33 AM
What amazes me is that the Chiefs are actually in the know about someone or something. I'm just not use to this...this...proactivity.

Detoxing
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
What amazes me is that the Chiefs are actually in the know about someone or something. I'm just not use to this...this...proactivity.

weird huh?

htismaqe
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM

Well, they drafted Carr last year. It's not new, people are just willing to see it now that Carl is gone.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, they drafted Carr last year. It's not new, people are just willing to see it now that Carl is gone.

And they got Leggett out of the scrap heap.

It's not like they weren't mining for diamonds with Michael Allan, either.

If we made these same moves with CP as GM, posters would be lining up left and right to storm the Bastille.

htismaqe
03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
And they got Leggett out of the scrap heap.

It's not like they weren't mining for diamonds with Michael Allan, either.

If we made these same moves with CP as GM, posters would be lining up left and right to storm the Bastille.

Just think if CARL has signed Mike Vrabel or traded a 2nd for Matt Cassel. ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Just think if CARL has signed Mike Vrabel or traded a 2nd for Matt Cassel. ROFL

That's what I was referring to. I wasn't very clear in that last post.

Combine that with signing Copper, Engram, and Goff, and this place would be like Springfield after they found out Homer dumped a silo of hog shit in the lake.