PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports I have the top pick in my fantasy draft...

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Who would you take?

It's a 10x10 league.

I'm learning toward Pujols.

wild1
03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Arod is good for your Pujols

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Hanley Ramírez or Jose Reyes are possibilities...

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Hanley Ramírez or Jose Reyes are possibilities...

I'm going Pujols. SBs are nice, but they are one stat.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 06:45 PM

I was also thinking about the drop off in positional value.

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
I was also thinking about the drop off in positional value.

I agree. There will be a big drop. But I'll manage.

Back to back second round I want Holliday and Roy Halladay.

Reaper16
03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Pujols

Dicky McElephant
03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Peyton Manning.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree on Pujols. He's a great producer and a sure thing...

Most people have been going Hanley...I'd take Pujols in H2H and Roto...no matter what in H2H...I could see the case for Hanley in Roto.

In AL Only I'd take Sabathia just about every time. I know that's not the question...what's funny is...I'd never take Sabathia in any other format...

keg in kc
03-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Peyton Manning.Overrated.

Take Curry.

Dicky McElephant
03-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Overrated.

Take Curry.

AHHHH DAMNT! I forgot about Jesus...I mean Aaron Curry.

Thig Lyfe
03-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Go with Jeter!

KCCHIEFS27
03-25-2009, 06:57 PM

You think Hanley Ramirez only contributes in the SB category? He is a complete player across the board. And first base has way more depth than SS.

Jethopper
03-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Catfish Hunter

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 07:02 PM
You think Hanley Ramirez only contributes in the SB category? He is a complete player across the board. And first base has way more depth than SS.

only had 65 RBI's last year...

I just don't trust him as much as I trust Pujols...Pujols is .335 40 115 every year.

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Took Pujols, Roy Halladay and then ARod. I can do without a month of production.

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 07:14 PM

The only place that he beats Pujols is steals and triples.

I don't care how deep first base is. I'll take the guy that bats 350.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Took Pujols, Roy Halladay and then ARod. I can do without a month of production.

I had #9 in my first roto league...

Went Lincecum, Utley, Pedroia, ARod...

I do the "Lincecum and 5 Buehrle's strategy" in Roto leagues...

I don't think ARod should be falling as far as he has been...if he only is out until May 15 (and I know it's still risky), he's going to hit 30+ HR's and drive in 100+ RBI's...add that to the stopgap production you'll get from a guy like Mark Reynolds or Mike Jacobs and that's top 5 value.

RJ
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
This is a H2H league, I assume.

If so, I'd take Pujols.

If Pujols gets hit by a bus before your draft, I'd consider Miguel Cabrera along with Ramirez and Reyes.

Chief Chief
03-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Trade down for a lower 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, then use them to snag Alex Gordon and Mike Jacobs.

The Bad Guy
First round went:

Pujols, Hanley, Cabrera, Reyes, Wright, Sizemore, Braun, Josh Hamilton, Ryan Howard, Ian Kinsler.

KCCHIEFS27
The only place that he beats Pujols is steals and triples.

I don't care how deep first base is. I'll take the guy that bats 350.

You forgot about Runs too, Ramirez beat's Pujols in runs. And he only hit 4 less Home Runs from the lead off spot. This year he is batting 3rd.

So who is your SS? Because I'm willing to bet that my SS/1B combo is better than yours. Youkilis and Ramirez.

KCChiefsMan
03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
get Jake Peavy

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 07:45 PM
You forgot about Runs too, Ramirez beat's Pujols in runs. And he only hit 4 less Home Runs from the lead off spot. This year he is batting 3rd.

So who is your SS? Because I'm willing to bet that my SS/1B combo is better than yours. Youkilis and Ramirez.

So 3 out of 10 categories he'll beat him in when Pujols will out hit Hanley by 50 points and get on base more with fewer K's.

When did Youkilis become a stud?

I'll take Pujols and any scab SS over that any day of the week.

duncan_idaho
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with taking Pujols No. 1 overall. He IS more of a sure thing than Ramirez.

Though I will admit... if if is a league with the extra MI spot, Hanley looks a little more appealing to me.

It's a coin flip.

JASONSAUTO
03-25-2009, 08:05 PM
So 3 out of 10 categories he'll beat him in when Pujols will out hit Hanley by 50 points and get on base more with fewer K's.

When did Youkilis become a stud?

I'll take Pujols and any scab SS over that any day of the week.

how about pujols and tony pena jr?:DROFL

DJ's left nut
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd have gone Hanley without batting an eye. I'd have even considered Wright ahead of Pujols (and I'm a Cards fan).

1st base is by far the deepest position in baseball. Look at a guy like Joey Votto, he's going in the 8th round of a lot of leagues and he's going to be incredibly productive this season.

There are just too many extremely good 1b options available to take one first overall.

The Bad Guy
03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd have gone Hanley without batting an eye. I'd have even considered Wright ahead of Pujols (and I'm a Cards fan).

1st base is by far the deepest position in baseball. Look at a guy like Joey Votto, he's going in the 8th round of a lot of leagues and he's going to be incredibly productive this season.

There are just too many extremely good 1b options available to take one first overall.

We can agree to disagree.

My roster shaped up like this.

C- Victor Martinez
1st- Pujols, Connor Jackson
2nd - Jose Lopez, Mike Avilies
SS- Troy Tulo
3rd- ARod, Alex Gordon
LF- Johnny Damon, Delmon Young
CF- Matt Kemp, Cameron Maybin
RF- Bobby Abreu

SP - Roy Halladay, Francisco Liriano, Joba Chamberlain, Aaron Harrang, Chris Carpenter
RP- Jonathon Papelbon, Joakim Soria, Jose Arredendo, JP Howell, Joey Devine.

I'm happy.

JASONSAUTO
03-25-2009, 09:29 PM
We can agree to disagree.

My roster shaped up like this.

C- Victor Martinez
1st- Pujols, Connor Jackson
2nd - Jose Lopez, Mike Avilies
SS- Troy Tulo
3rd- ARod, Alex Gordon
LF- Johnny Damon, Delmon Young
CF- Matt Kemp, Cameron Maybin
RF- Bobby Abreu

SP - Roy Halladay, Francisco Liriano, Joba Chamberlain, Aaron Harrang, Chris Carpenter
RP- Jonathon Papelbon, Joakim Soria, Jose Arredendo, JP Howell, Joey Devine.

I'm happy.

IMO you should be

Sure-Oz
03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I took Pujols with the 3rd overall last year, and I would take him #1 even over Hanley who probably won't get shit to hit anyway with that marlins lineup

Deberg_1990
03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Alex Gordon

JASONSAUTO
03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Alex Gordon

dayton moore said he expects gordon to lead us in hrs this year

Deberg_1990
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM

So that means like 21 HR's right?

JASONSAUTO
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
So that means like 21 HR's right?

jacobs hit 32 last year

RJ
03-25-2009, 09:44 PM

Jacobs is showing some serious ST power, I hope it carries over to the real games.

JASONSAUTO
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Jacobs is showing some serious ST power, I hope it carries over to the real games.

me too

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
First round went:

Pujols, Hanley, Cabrera, Reyes, Wright, Sizemore, Braun, Josh Hamilton, Ryan Howard, Ian Kinsler.

lol @ Hamilton, Howard and Kinsler...how did Kinsler get drafted before Utley?

Yikes.

I love Hamilton. Major reach at #7...

DJ's left nut
03-26-2009, 12:03 AM

Yikes.

I disagree with pretty much everything you said there. Hamilton's a fair pick at 7, who would you take? Hamilton's going to give you MVP caliber #s in almost every category and he's 27 this season, the magic #. Howard and Kinsler have gone 8/9 in one of my leagues and 10/11 in the other, they're both late 1st, early 2nd round picks in nearly every league.

In a re-draft league, if you think Utley will take a month to get healthy, Kinsler's more valuable. Or, if you like Kinsler's SB potential, he also could be. Kinsler was looking like the far stronger bet than Utley as the season progressed last season, until the hand injury. He's also a few years younger, entering his prime years. Utley's on the tail end of his prime years.

Ultimately I'd probably take Utley ahead of Kinsler, but there's definitely a strong argument that could be made in favor of Kinsler.

As to the OP, work on that OF in a hurry. I see Damon as barely above replacement level and Young doesn't even reach that (I've never understood the Young hype, even his minor league peripherals don't suggest anything more than a slightly above average player).

You're hurting pretty badly for power. Even if it's a one trick pony like Cust or Swisher, you've gotta add some pop to that lineup. I like the A-Rod pick, he's falling under a lot of radars. I grabbed him at 35 in my league.

DrRyan
03-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Yikes.

Don't you guys all know. Hootie is the self proclaimed video game and fantasy sports champion. He cannot be beat. Just ask him:D

A case absolutely can be made for Kinsler ahead of Utley for all the reasons already stated above. Kinsler was the #1 fantasy 2B last season before the sports hernia injury and top 5-10 overall position player. CC, Santana and Lincecum are all in the conversation as well.

I prefer bats early and often but won't hesitate to take pitching early if it keeps sliding.

Blick
03-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Alex Gordon

This.

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Don't you guys all know. Hootie is the self proclaimed video game and fantasy sports champion. He cannot be beat. Just ask him:D

A case absolutely can be made for Kinsler ahead of Utley for all the reasons already stated above. Kinsler was the #1 fantasy 2B last season before the sports hernia injury and top 5-10 overall position player. CC, Santana and Lincecum are all in the conversation as well.

I prefer bats early and often but won't hesitate to take pitching early if it keeps sliding.

Kinsler can be had in the late 2nd round...I have no problem with his production...but I like Alex Rios, too...and I'm not taking him before the 4th-6th round...he was reached for.

Ryan Howard absolutely crushes batting average...sorry...I don't take a guy who crushes a category like that before #15-#20, where he belongs. Reach.

And Josh Hamilton, a favorite of mine, belongs around #18-#22...he's always an injury risk and you never know if he was a 1 year wonder...he really wore out after the break last year...and you saw what the HR derby did to Abreu's HR swing the year he hit a billion out.

I like all three players...but they were all reaches.

Pioli Zombie
03-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Whoever Pioli ends up picking is fine with me
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
03-26-2009, 06:40 AM
only had 65 RBI's last year...

I just don't trust him as much as I trust Pujols...Pujols is .335 40 115 every year.

Of course, if he can stay healthy. He is deftinaly top 3 material, but that elbow of his may be a little concern.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Mark Teahen

DJ's left nut
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Kinsler can be had in the late 2nd round...I have no problem with his production...but I like Alex Rios, too...and I'm not taking him before the 4th-6th round...he was reached for.

Ryan Howard absolutely crushes batting average...sorry...I don't take a guy who crushes a category like that before #15-#20, where he belongs. Reach.

And Josh Hamilton, a favorite of mine, belongs around #18-#22...he's always an injury risk and you never know if he was a 1 year wonder...he really wore out after the break last year...and you saw what the HR derby did to Abreu's HR swing the year he hit a billion out.

I like all three players...but they were all reaches.

What noob-ass leagues do you play in where Kinsler falls to the end of the 2nd?

Most expert leagues will have people that dedicate their first 2 picks to middle infielders. If Kinsler falls past 15, you have a bunch of retards picking.

If Josh Hamilton falls to #22, you have a bunch of vegetables picking. A 27 yr old hitting at Texas Stadium with MVP caliber numbers sliding to the third round when OF is not nearly as deep this year as it usually is?

Let's see your 1st 20.