PDA

View Full Version : Misc Put off a 10 page paper until tonight...

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
$10 bill...

2 Ritalin.

See ya in 10 hours.

Delano
03-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Topic?

bdeg
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
policy analysis due friday and here i am. procrastinating again

cdcox
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I guess fear of failure is the old school Ritalin.

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 09:06 PM
way to go idiot. don't smoke a joint, your first paragraph will be about the flintstones

Mecca
03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm amused that people need drugs to be able to perform at school work.

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 09:10 PM

some of us can't be the Master of Mullets like you

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:14 PM

It sucks dude, it really does...

Both of my sisters got through school with ease...and went to better schools...I always got through everything with common sense...I have terrible study habits and procrastinate...but I realize you need education to do what I eventually want to do...I wish it wasn't that way, either.

But it is...and this helps...even though I feel like I'm floating right now.

Frazod
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
The wife and I went to a new habachi grill place for dinner tonight, and I'm pretty sure our chef was high as a kite on something. He was tweaking up a storm - it was pretty obvious. Fidgety, kept dropping things, and couldn't stand still, which was a bit disconcerting considering he was flashing a very sharp knife all over the place.

But the food was good, so what the hell.

Bugeater
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM

Both of my sisters got through school with ease...and went to better schools...I always got through everything with common sense...I have terrible study habits and procrastinate...but I realize you need education to do what I eventually want to do...I wish it wasn't that way, either.

:hmmm:

keg in kc
03-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm in hour 11 of my 10th or 11th consecutive 10+ hour workday.

I hope I don't fall asleep on the way home.

And then, of course, when I do get home, I'll be wired as hell.

Mecca
03-25-2009, 09:17 PM

Look man you do what you gotta do but your posts about how you're always drunk don't help the view that you're just a bad student that needs help more than it's another issue.

Sure-Oz
03-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll be on 2 tylenol 3 here in a minute....

damn wisdom tooth pain

Delano
03-25-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm in hour 11 of my 10th or 11th consecutive 10+ hour workday.

I hope I don't fall asleep on the way home.

And then, of course, when I do get home, I'll be wired as hell.

That's my favorite thing ever. Being wide awake when you want to sleep or vice versa.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Look man you do what you gotta do but your posts about how you're always drunk don't help the view that you're just a bad student that needs help more than it's another issue.

I'm a horrible student...I'd rather play video games/get fucked up/post on ChiefsPlanet/do anything but what I'm suppose to do...but I'm pulling a 3.0 GPA (which is not something I'm proud of) so I do enough to get by.

I've been putting this particular assignment off for two months...the only way I'm getting it done before noon tomorrow is to take the easy way out.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
So, wait.

$10? Is this obviously not a prescription thing? This is a "dealer" purchase?

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
If I were you, I'd request an extension.

Anything that you slop together this late is going to be shit. Without time for revision, you're fucking yourself.

Sam Hall
03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
What percentage does this paper count toward the overall grade?

Jenson71
03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I hate those nights, usually one or two a semester, but I've never had Ritalin to get through. Too poor. I have to keep myself alert with sewing pins.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
What percentage does this paper count toward the overall grade?

I have to have something turned in by (technically midnight) but the dude is pretty lax...and then he'll put notes on it and it will go towards my final portfolio in May...so this isn't SUPER important...but I want to get a good draft in so I don't look like a total retard.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
So, wait.

$10? Is this obviously not a prescription thing? This is a "dealer" purchase?

My friend has a prescription...he hooks me up when in need. He thinks I need it worse than him.

DeezNutz
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
My friend has a prescription...he hooks me up when in need. He thinks I need it worse than him.

Be careful with that shit.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
why don't you guys go ahead and give me ideas on how to solve the current job crisis...so when I get done writing about high unemployment rates in Illinois and Obama concentrating on NCAA brackets rather than the economy I can click on this thread and figure out some bullshit to add in at the end of my paper.

beavis
03-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Finish my finance paper while you're at it.

Buehler445
03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Man, I've spent an assload of long nights writing papers and shit. Never took anything except caffine.

Bugeater
03-25-2009, 09:40 PM
why don't you guys go ahead and give me ideas on how to solve the current job crisis...so when I get done writing about high unemployment rates in Illinois and Obama concentrating on NCAA brackets rather than the economy I can click on this thread and figure out some bullshit to add in at the end of my paper.
Shit, that's easy. Get rid of illegal labor.

Mecca
03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Man, I've spent an assload of long nights writing papers and shit. Never took anything except caffine.

That's society everyone wants pills to solve their problems.

yeti
03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Which do you find worse? Cramming all night for a test or pulling one to write a paper?

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Which do you find worse? Cramming all night for a test or pulling one to write a paper?

Test. You can't half-ass a paper as easily as half-assing when you study.

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 09:48 PM

Nice. I know a thing or two about illegal labor...tons of Mexicans in the restaurant industry...and I doubt their real names are actually James Smith and Earl Weaver.

KEEP THE IDEAS FLOWING!

Cornstock
03-25-2009, 09:52 PM

In two months of being president, Obama has increased our national debt by 1/3 of what Bush did in his 8 years. (or something of that nature, maybe check those facts)

yeti
03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Test. You can't half-ass a paper as easily as half-assing when you study.

True. But let's say you have to get and A on both. Which is "more enjoyable" to you? I guess I should have specified that in the first place.

cdcox
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Be careful with that shit.

This is pretty common on college campuses these days. I even read an essay in Nature ("Towards responsible use of cognitive-enhancing drugs by the healthy") where one of the authors, a senior researcher, took Adderall so he could plow through some difficult math that he otherwise would not have had the concentration to get through. If I really need to think about a problem, many times I won't even try unless I have a 5+ hour block of time, because without drugs it will take me 2-3 hours to get into the zone to where I can actually make progress on the problem. I have to admit that taking a pill that would increase my productivity on my research by 100% is pretty tempting.

Buehler445
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice. I know a thing or two about illegal labor...tons of Mexicans in the restaurant industry...and I doubt their real names are actually James Smith and Earl Weaver.

KEEP THE IDEAS FLOWING!

Fucking delete unions.

Don't get rid of the NAFTA - Mexico is our third largest export destination. They buy less shit, less jobs.

I could do this for hours.

Demonpenz
03-25-2009, 09:55 PM
i took alot of shit trying to get through college, took alot more getting through breakups. I am surprised I am not glowing right now

Buehler445
03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
This is pretty common on college campuses these days. I even read an essay in Nature ("Towards responsible use of cognitive-enhancing drugs by the healthy") where one of the authors, a senior researcher, took Adderall so he could plow through some difficult math that he otherwise would not have had the concentration to get through. If I really need to think about a problem, many times I won't even try unless I have a 5+ hour block of time, because without drugs it will take me 2-3 hours to get into the zone to where I can actually make progress on the problem. I have to admit that taking a pill that would increase my productivity on my research by 100% is pretty tempting.

My situation is that I can't really produce good solid work unless I've had some time to wrap my head around the situation or analytical framework. Then once I get an understanding, or at least a point of reference things really get rolling. I don't think any drugs would help me get to that point.

Maybe I'm wrong. Never taken the shit.

KCCHIEFS27
03-25-2009, 09:58 PM

Join Military. People suck it up and fill blue-collar jobs while looking for white collar jobs (think about the last major depression, families moved across the country just to get a job). Government willing to pay for schooling to fill jobs that are lacking numbers(as long as certain strict requirements are filled while attending school, i.e. attendance, GPA, out of class participation). These are just ideas to be discussed. I don't have a strong stance on any of these things.

cdcox
03-25-2009, 09:59 PM

Give all US workers Ritalin so that they can be more productive, thereby increasing the value added of US products, and increasing exports, and in turn jobs.

yeti
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
academic steroids

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 10:01 PM
I'd love to help you, but I just finished a project I worked on monday and all day today, minus 2hrs spent parenting this evening. Now I've got CDs to burn, invoices and documentation to write, so I can deliver it and get started on my next deadlline in the morning.

Just tune out the distractions, dig in and get it done.

Jenson71
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Sometimes when I'm thinking about a big paper due the next day, I get worked up and decide to let the worrying pass by getting a nice night of sleep.

Whenever I get the urge to exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes.

cdcox
03-25-2009, 10:08 PM
My situation is that I can't really produce good solid work unless I've had some time to wrap my head around the situation or analytical framework. Then once I get an understanding, or at least a point of reference things really get rolling. I don't think any drugs would help me get to that point.

Maybe I'm wrong. Never taken the shit.

A lot of times the analytical framework has been floating around in my head for several days, but I need a good block of time to put meat on the bones. Usually, I have to quit (sleep or family obligations) before I've come to a good conclusion, which probably means several more days before I can get back to the problem. I've never taken anything stronger than caffeine to get the gears turning. But my daughter is ADD, and the difference with and without drugs is night and day.

cdcox
03-25-2009, 10:09 PM
academic steroids

exactly.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 10:10 PM

Alright.

New policy. Any able bodied person who drops out of high school, or within 1 year of completion of HS, that isn't either 1. employed full time 2. at least half time school gets an auto-enrollment into the US Army-Marines-Navy or a WPA style work camp for 2-3 years.

This will put non-productive people into earner rolls, teach responsibility, team work et al, and allow them to save/earn for college upon completion should they so choose. It also encourages those capable Americans who just play guitar hero all night to get their asses to jobs or schooling, thereby giving them Skillsets to become employable in more technical jobs.

This helps the economy because the growth of military personell will increase the demands for goods and services for those new troopers, as well as in the communities in which they are based. This further stimulates the economy by putting significant numbers of system-suckers into the workforce, earning their way, paying taxes and hopefully having a nation-wide positive affect on productivity. The threat of mandatory service can also be stimulating as people may become creative to develop a company/job to fill their requirements.

This plan encourages people to finish high school, motivates them to do something productive after school, increases our military numbers and reduces stress on soldiers who are ALREADY productive citizens both in the military AND private sector(like my brother who owns a company and is being recalled to go to Afganistan, instead of earning money and paying taxes for the next year+).

Its a net win-win for the national economy and individuals.

Tell Professor Plumb to put that idea in his pipe and smoke it.

Katipan
03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Never made me want to focus. Made me want to clean the house and/or drink beer. I'm not sure my mind could have stayed still long enough to even do a book report on The Little Engine That Could.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2009, 10:13 PM

That sounds like an absolutely awful paper with no connection between your main points.

CrazyPhuD
03-25-2009, 10:15 PM

Simple legalize, drugs, prostitution, etc....

Tax them appropriately. COnsider how much money is spent yearly on illegal substances. Consider how much could be made from taxes that could be used to either cover current budget deficits, spend money on road project,etc(to create union jobs), or to reduce the tax burden on the populace.

How many jobs would be created by having local production? Could be a huge cash crop.

Buehler445
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Alright.

New policy. Any able bodied person who drops out of high school, or within 1 year of completion of HS, that isn't either 1. employed full time 2. at least half time school gets an auto-enrollment into the US Army-Marines-Navy or a WPA style work camp for 2-3 years.

This will put non-productive people into earner rolls, teach responsibility, team work et al, and allow them to save/earn for college upon completion should they so choose. It also encourages those capable Americans who just play guitar hero all night to get their asses to jobs or schooling, thereby giving them Skillsets to become employable in more technical jobs.

This helps the economy because the growth of military personell will increase the demands for goods and services for those new troopers, as well as in the communities in which they are based. This further stimulates the economy by putting significant numbers of system-suckers into the workforce, earning their way, paying taxes and hopefully having a nation-wide positive affect on productivity. The threat of mandatory service can also be stimulating as people may become creative to develop a company/job to fill their requirements.

This plan encourages people to finish high school, motivates them to do something productive after school, increases our military numbers and reduces stress on soldiers who are ALREADY productive citizens both in the military AND private sector(like my brother who owns a company and is being recalled to go to Afganistan, instead of earning money and paying taxes for the next year+).

I really like those ideas. Rep.

The only problem I see is that you are putting multibillion dollar equipment in the hands of jerkoffs. I don't know that I'm comfortable with that.

Sam Hall
03-25-2009, 10:18 PM
You're screwed unless you know you will find enough sources. At least you've been thinking about it.

Iowanian
03-25-2009, 10:19 PM
This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.....

This is my shovel, there are many like it, but this one is mine.....

This is my paintbrush, there are many like it but this one is mine.....

This is my soup ladel, there are many like it but this one is mine....

There are many tool boxes but this one is mine.........

Short Leash Hootie
03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
That sounds like an absolutely awful paper with no connection between your main points.

It was just the opening of my paper...a few Kryzyzewski quotes...just an attention grabber.

Crush
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
For the love of your grade, make sure you properly cite and document your sources.

Plagiarism is viewed as plagiarism, whether you intended on doing so or not.

Pablo
03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
This is pretty common on college campuses these days. I even read an essay in Nature ("Towards responsible use of cognitive-enhancing drugs by the healthy") where one of the authors, a senior researcher, took Adderall so he could plow through some difficult math that he otherwise would not have had the concentration to get through. If I really need to think about a problem, many times I won't even try unless I have a 5+ hour block of time, because without drugs it will take me 2-3 hours to get into the zone to where I can actually make progress on the problem. I have to admit that taking a pill that would increase my productivity on my research by 100% is pretty tempting.This much is definitely true.

Adderal probably kept me from failing my Business and Economic Forecasting class.

PastorMikH
03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
For the love of your grade, make sure you properly cite and document your sources.

Plagiarism is viewed as plagiarism, whether you intended on doing so or not.

How exactly would be the correct way to post a Chiefsplanet source in the footnotes section?

(PastorMikH got through college without the Planet - heh, PastorMikH probably would have flunked out of college if the Planet had been around back then).

L.A. Chieffan
03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
i just wrote a 5 page paper in an hour and a half clean and sober. actually i had a few beers but that doesnt count

reiko57
03-25-2009, 11:59 PM
when i was in college (i couldn't afford to keep going) i would do huge assignments the day they were assigned, i had a 25 page semester assignment done two days after i got it, man it was sweet having all that shit done way before it needed to be, i'd just chill and toke, i wish i could have come up with the money to finish.. its a dead dream now, the course requirements for what i wanted have changed and its been 3 years ago now, dont fuck around dude- thats my best advise

CoMoChief
03-26-2009, 12:53 AM

But you're snorting ridilin? (sp) Jesus.

CoMoChief
03-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Aderol is the shit. Take that and in about an hour study for a final......you actually feel interested in the shit. And whenever you're interested in something you remember it a lot better.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2009, 01:02 AM
People who take academic steroids should die of cat AIDS.

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 02:09 AM
But you're snorting ridilin? (sp) Jesus.

When did I ever say I was snorting Ritalin?

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 02:13 AM
Finished my paper! I used a lot of the shit discussed in this thread.

This.

****ing delete unions.

Don't get rid of the NAFTA - Mexico is our third largest export destination. They buy less shit, less jobs.

I could do this for hours.

This.

Alright.

Plagiarized the shit out of this...

Simple legalize, drugs, prostitution, etc....

Tax them appropriately. COnsider how much money is spent yearly on illegal substances. Consider how much could be made from taxes that could be used to either cover current budget deficits, spend money on road project,etc(to create union jobs), or to reduce the tax burden on the populace.

How many jobs would be created by having local production? Could be a huge cash crop.

And ended my paper making light of this!

Thanks...I actually like the way my paper turned out.

Buehler445
03-26-2009, 07:20 AM
People who take academic steroids should die of cat AIDS.

Cat AIDS?

ROFL

Buehler445
03-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Finished my paper! I used a lot of the shit discussed in this thread.

This.

This.

Plagiarized the shit out of this...

And ended my paper making light of this!

Thanks...I actually like the way my paper turned out.

I hope you really put some thought into the shit we posted.

NewChief
03-26-2009, 07:36 AM
How exactly would be the correct way to post a Chiefsplanet source in the footnotes section?

(PastorMikH got through college without the Planet - heh, PastorMikH probably would have flunked out of college if the Planet had been around back then).

From http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/557/09/

Discussion Board/Forum Posting

If an author name is not available, use the username for the post.

cleaner416. "Add [<b>[</b> Tags to Selected Text in a Textarea" Online posting. 8 Dec. 2004. Javascript Development. 3 Mar. 2006 <http://forums.devshed.com/javascript-development-115/
add-b-b-tags-to-selected-text-in-a-textarea-209193.html>.

CoMoChief
03-26-2009, 07:48 AM
When did I ever say I was snorting Ritalin?

:D I thought the reference to the $10 bill meant that you were gonna use that to snort it once you crushed up the pill. Man I was way off base

EyePod
03-26-2009, 07:54 AM

You're a fucking dick. Who says he's a bad student? Did he say he gets bad grades? Fuck you you dickwad. Go lick Mark Sanchez's tiny little balls.

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 10:52 AM
:D I thought the reference to the $10 bill meant that you were gonna use that to snort it once you crushed up the pill. Man I was way off base

I heard snorting Ritalin is like doing crack.

SNR
03-26-2009, 11:04 AM
People who take academic steroids should die of cat AIDS.That sounds serious. Cat AIDS? We should at least hold congressional hearings for these people.

"Yes, it says 5 hour energy, but I swear I thought it only had caffeine in it!"

vailpass
03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh to have nothing more important in life than to write a paper. Those were the days. Wish I could have stayed in college forever.

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh to have nothing more important in life than to write a paper. Those were the days. Wish I could have stayed in college forever.
I'm working on it...I'll be 24 before I graduate.

vailpass
03-26-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm working on it...I'll be 24 before I graduate.

Sweet. I was 23 when I finished undergrad then I burned 3 more years at grad school. If I could have figured out what school to go to after that I would have done it.
More power to you.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-26-2009, 12:03 PM
You're a fucking dick. Who says he's a bad student? Did he say he gets bad grades? Fuck you you dickwad. Go lick Mark Sanchez's tiny little balls.

LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Sweet. I was 23 when I finished undergrad then I burned 3 more years at grad school. If I could have figured out what school to go to after that I would have done it.
More power to you.

I'm trying to follow that lead.

vailpass
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM

Smart man. Best of luck.

CrazyPhuD
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Just do one thing....change schools....I spend 9 years in MF'in Pittsburgh, PA, can't stand that place now. :cuss:

Spicy McHaggis
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM

Me too. 24 hour coffee shops were my best friend, and still are occasionally. Nothing else though.

My old roommate pounds energy drinks like crazy on a daily basis and indulges in the occasional "concentration" assistance. I think if he stopped cold turkey his heart would just stop. I don't trust that shit in such quantities.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
There is no way that Hootie could have dropped all of those different ideas into one paper and had it make even an iota of sense. We call it a data dump, because rather than properly developing your ideas with thorough exposition, you just pile on some more crap to hide the thin stew that you've cooked up.

I hope that your prof. is as laid back as you claim, because any one of those ideas could have made a ten page paper. Putting four or five of them in there is asking for a shit kicking.

Skip Towne
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
More power to you.

You can quit school now. They abolished the draft.

Valiant
03-26-2009, 03:39 PM

Shit I did, I payed my own way and went part-time college up until last year.. Graduated with a History degree at 30.. Saving up a few bucks before I start on my Masters degree..

It was a blast, hell the girl I am seeing now is only 22.. Of course it helps that I look about 5-8 years younger then I do..

vailpass
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Shit I did, I payed my own way and went part-time college up until last year.. Graduated with a History degree at 30.. Saving up a few bucks before I start on my Masters degree..

It was a blast, hell the girl I am seeing now is only 22.. Of course it helps that I look about 5-8 years younger then I do..

Nice.

vailpass
03-26-2009, 03:51 PM
You can quit school now. They abolished the draft.

LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 03:53 PM
There is no way that Hootie could have dropped all of those different ideas into one paper and had it make even an iota of sense. We call it a data dump, because rather than properly developing your ideas with thorough exposition, you just pile on some more crap to hide the thin stew that you've cooked up.

I hope that your prof. is as laid back as you claim, because any one of those ideas could have made a ten page paper. Putting four or five of them in there is asking for a shit kicking.

It's no secret that you are a smart guy that can probably write a paper 10,000 times better than me...

And I'm even worse at writing a paper I have little interest in exploring, so you are probably exactly right.

And since it's not time to turn in my final portfolio, anything my professor doesn't like I'm sure he'll address.

I appreciate your concerns, though. I'll gladly let you write my next paper...I have no doubts you could graduate college, for me, over ChiefsPlanet...so if you're bored, let me know.

bowener
03-26-2009, 04:51 PM
If I were you, I'd request an extension.

Anything that you slop together this late is going to be shit. Without time for revision, you're ****ing yourself.

While I agree with this, I also disagree. Some people write best under pressure. I seem to be one of those people. I have had papers accepted to conferences (as a speaker) that I wrote the night before the deadline. If you have ever had the joy of writing on topics such as the methodology of Darwin as influenced by Malthus, Lyell, Whewell, and Herschel (Philosophy of Biology), or how Cartesian thought was one of the biggest and most significant shifts in science, the night before it is due then you know my pain.

I'm a horrible student...I'd rather play video games/get ****ed up/post on ChiefsPlanet/do anything but what I'm suppose to do...but I'm pulling a 3.0 GPA (which is not something I'm proud of) so I do enough to get by.

I've been putting this particular assignment off for two months...the only way I'm getting it done before noon tomorrow is to take the easy way out.

I realize that it is my fault that I put things off, but I do not feel the need to until the last minute, not sure why that is. However, I typically am not playing video games (though I just played Fallout 3 for 4 days straight-- on break though), or drinking my brain away. Most times I am watching sports (football mostly), reading for pleasure, building something, or making something (I like making lamps...).

I also take adderall, daily, with a prescription due to my hyper-scanner brain (I find everything interesting and feel the need to scan everything I can read or gain knowledge from). I must say I have never once taken adderall and felt like I was floating, and I take strong doeses, and yes I have abused my dose a few times and taken 2 when I have finals or something... it should just make a person extrememly calm (when focusing on something), but extrememly actice, just like a person on coke would be active. I have tried both (sadly), and large amounts of adderall feel a lot like the white stuff.

From what I have read and what doctors have told me, caffeine is worse for your body than most things. Of course I mean drinking 12 cups of coffee in a night, or something similar to that.

bowener
03-26-2009, 05:00 PM

I love learning, and if the job market continues to get worse then I am fucked for a job when I graduate. I already am fucked due to my major (philosophy), but I went into it knowing that, but I always planned on teaching high school for a year (or two if I needed the money) then going back to either Law school (not big on this) or to a ph.d. program for Philosophy. Lately I have been pondering the idea of being a professional student.

I love architecture, and was about to go into that, but changed my mind last minute when I was 18, so I might enroll in school again for that (most likely with a scholarship or grant) and go to school for free, and possibly do that while attending grad school for sociology (which I may be able to get assistance and be paid for teaching some intro courses).

I have paid my own way, either with actual money, or loans (which are painful to think about), but they are in my name and I am going to be living with that for a while.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
It's no secret that you are a smart guy that can probably write a paper 10,000 times better than me...

And I'm even worse at writing a paper I have little interest in exploring, so you are probably exactly right.

And since it's not time to turn in my final portfolio, anything my professor doesn't like I'm sure he'll address.

I appreciate your concerns, though. I'll gladly let you write my next paper...I have no doubts you could graduate college, for me, over ChiefsPlanet...so if you're bored, let me know.

I'm serious with this.

If you want any help with a paper, just send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to take a break from arguing the draft to give it a look. I've taught comp classes for going on 4 years now.

htismaqe
03-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm serious with this.

If you want any help with a paper, just send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to take a break from arguing the draft to give it a look. I've taught comp classes for going on 4 years now.

I'd offer the same, but I'll probably be piss drunk less than 30 minutes from now. :D

Ritalin though? In my day, I used to write last minute papers on...ok, nevermind...

htismaqe
03-26-2009, 05:17 PM

Dude, in my 20th Century History class we all got assigned a year and had to write a 25-page thesis on the event in that year that most-shaped history.

I got 1963. Anybody remember what happened in November of 1963?

So yeah, I waited until the night before it was due and in a drug-induced haze wrote a paper about how the introduction of the birth control pill in 1963 changed history. ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm serious with this.

I'll probably hit you up on that offer sometime. Thanks.

NewChief
03-26-2009, 06:38 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking as I was reading this. On top of that, I'd be curious if Hootie would be capable of actually discussing these ideas if the professor decided to call him on it and discuss the ideas in the paper. The point of a research paper (or any paper) is to learn how to synthesize information and create something new not to toss in as many ideas or quotes from sources as possible. Anyway, my students are getting pretty far into their big research paper for the semester, so this was nice to witness. Puts me on guard (of course, my students can't do this, because they have to show me their research, write an annotated bib., and sit in on a panel discussion with other people with similar topics).

Short Leash Hootie
03-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking as I was reading this. On top of that, I'd be curious if Hootie would be capable of actually discussing these ideas if the professor decided to call him on it and discuss the ideas in the paper. The point of a research paper (or any paper) is to learn how to synthesize information and create something new not to toss in as many ideas or quotes from sources as possible. Anyway, my students are getting pretty far into their big research paper for the semester, so this was nice to witness. Puts me on guard (of course, my students can't do this, because they have to show me their research, write an annotated bib., and sit in on a panel discussion with other people with similar topics).

If you don't think I did any research over the things I discussed, you are mistaken. I've always done well on papers...I know for a fact NewPhin and Hamas could WITHOUT A DOUBT write a much better paper than me...

But if you compare me with the rest of my class, I think I'll do just fine. I'm not going to Harvard...Christ, I'm not even going to Illinois.

Buehler445
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
From what I have read and what doctors have told me, caffeine is worse for your body than most things. Of course I mean drinking 12 cups of coffee in a night, or something similar to that.

OH hell no dude, I just needed to stay awake.

Iowanian
03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I'll bet it will be graded in red crayon.

It will say

C+

You'll shoot your eye out

KC_Connection
03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
I have to admit that taking a pill that would increase my productivity on my research by 100% is pretty tempting.
And yet people hate athletes who do the same thing in sports. A world of hypocrisy.

NewChief
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
If you don't think I did any research over the things I discussed, you are mistaken. I've always done well on papers...I know for a fact NewPhin and Hamas could WITHOUT A DOUBT write a much better paper than me...

But if you compare me with the rest of my class, I think I'll do just fine. I'm not going to Harvard...Christ, I'm not even going to Illinois.

I'm not dogging you, seriously, and my research writing skills are pretty damned rusty. I wouldn't take your bet on which of us would put together a better paper just now. Regardless, I just found the thread interesting because it showed me how someone could come to a message board or other online forum and put together a paper quickly.

cdcox
03-26-2009, 08:39 PM
And yet people hate athletes who do the same thing in sports. A world of hypocrisy.

Yeah, because being tempted and going through with it are exactly the same thing.