PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Republican are a bunch of hypocrites on the budget reclaimation process issue

BigRedChief
03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
2009:
On his Fox News program, Sean Hannity falsely claimed that "a parliamentary procedure called reconciliation" would allow the Obama administration to pass legislation "without any Republicans even having an opportunity to vote." BTW, A bald faced lie.

2001: Republicans use the budget reclaimation process to pass the Bush Tax cuts for the rich.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2009:
Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH) doesn’t like this idea (http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/archives/2009/03/gregg_slams_democracy_as_strong_arm_tactics.php), claiming that it is the equivalent of “running over the minority, putting them in cement and throwing them in the Chicago River.”

2005:
Republicans use the budget reclaimation process to push through legislation to allow drilling in the Alaskan wildlife preserve.
Budget Committee Chairman Judd Gregg, R-N.H. said
“The president asked for it, and we’re trying to do what the president asked for,” Gregg said Tuesday after meeting privately with Republicans on his panel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2009:
"In this post-partisan time of Barack Obama, we're seeing a little Chicago politics," Sen. Kit Bond told National Public Radio. "They steamroller those who disagree with them, then, I guess in Chicago, they coat them in cement and drop them in the river."

2003:
The Republicans and Sen. Kit Bond voted in favor of using the budget reclaimation process to push through the Bush Tax cuts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2009:
Obama’s team is now considering budget reconciliation rules, in which bills need only a simple majority to pass, to push through controversial programs such as healthcare and energy reform.

1981:
Lets even go back to the Republican worshipped Ronald Regan era.
Reagan, seeing his budget as the vehicle to get his conservative agenda through Congress, took advantage of the special budget reconciliation rules to push Congress to approve spending cuts in 1981. By using the reconciliation process, Reagan’s GOP allies quickly ushered Reagan’s savings proposals through a divided Senate.

1984:
Reagan and the Republicans did it again.
Statement on Signing the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1983
April 18, 1984
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=39812-

SBK
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
All politicians are hypocrites, and all should be replaced when it's time for their re-election.

SBK
03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
http://www.libertystickers.com/static/images/Same-shit-diff-piles.gif

patteeu
03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Does anyone remember those bygone days when Obama was going to change business as usual in Washington DC? Seems like so long ago now.

SBK
03-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Does anyone remember those bygone days when Obama was going to change business as usual in Washington DC? Seems like so long ago now.

LMAO

SNR
03-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Does anyone remember those bygone days when Obama was going to change business as usual in Washington DC? Seems like so long ago now.It's great logic, isn't it?

Republicans fucked things up. Any Republican criticizing me for fucking things up is a hypocrite. Therefore, I can fuck things up because the people who criticize me are the ones who fuck things up.

I love what's being passed around these days.

BigRedChief
03-26-2009, 06:39 AM
I disagree, he is not following business as usual. Isn't that a big part of the disagreement? that he's trying to do too much?

blaise
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Only Republicans are hypocrites.

RaiderH8r
03-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I disagree, he is not following business as usual. Isn't that a big part of the disagreement? that he's trying to do too much?

It's not that he's doing too much. It's that he's doing the same old payoffs to his supporters and idealogues without working in the bipartite fashion he had campaigned on; bridging the partisan divide. Not happening. He would be the first to say he didn't like having policy rammed down his throat through the budget rec. process while his party was in the minority...well, if he had been in the Senate that long he would feel that way. His Sr. Senator from IL would say that, in fact he did say that at the time. So yes, this is politics as usual. The budget rec process is filibuster proof and it's very difficult to add or remove language from the bill.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-26-2009, 08:32 AM

HAHAHA, i almost threw up on my keyboard. Same Crap different Sphincter.

Soupnazi
03-26-2009, 08:37 AM

You're quite the knave.

patteeu
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM

Wow. The entire concept of "business as usual" has eluded you.

Ultra Peanut
03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Does anyone remember those bygone days when Obama was going to change business as usual in Washington DC? Seems like so long ago now.Bush used a pen to sign bills into laws. Obama... uses a pen to sign bills into laws.

WHERE IS THE CHANGE, OBAMESSIAH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It's not policies and ideas that matter, it's process!

BigRedChief
03-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Wow. The entire concept of "business as usual" has eluded you.
so you think he is doing things the "Bush" way huh? That he uses some of the same process's = the Bush way?

patteeu
03-26-2009, 10:23 AM
so you think he is doing things the "Bush" way huh? That he uses some of the same process's = the Bush way?

When he talked about "business as usual", it wasn't "the Bush way" he was going to change, it was "the Washington way". He was going to change Bush policies too, but that's a completely different story.

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Yup, the only politicians who are hypocrites are Republicans. Yup. That makes sense.

Damn, Doug....are you really suggesting that? :rolleyes:

BigRedChief
03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Yup, the only politicians who are hypocrites are Republicans. Yup. That makes sense.

Damn, Doug....are you really suggesting that? :rolleyes:
of course not just calling them out for being holier than thou that Obama would even think of doing the budget this legaslative way.

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
of course not just calling them out for being holier than thou that Obama would even think of doing the budget this legaslative way.

Gosh, Lord knows we never see Democrats acting "holier than thou" either though....right? :rolleyes:

blaise
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Gosh, Lord knows we never see Democrats acting "holier than thou" either though....right? :rolleyes:

Bill Maher, and Keith Olbermann certainly never act that way. Claire McCaskill or Chuck Schumer either.

BigRedChief
03-26-2009, 12:37 PM
There is enough hypocritical BS for everyone in Washington. But when you do sound holier than thou and in a very public way like Sen. Gregg and Bond did yesterday expect to get called out,

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
There is enough hypocritical BS for everyone in Washington. But when you do sound holier than thou and in a very public way like Sen. Gregg and Bond did yesterday expect to get called out,

Or like Pelosi, or Reid, or other Dems have.....but I don't see you starting threads about them.

Why would that be?

;)

Pitt Gorilla
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM

Damn, Doug....are you really suggesting that? :rolleyes:Honestly, who said that (other than you)?

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Honestly, who said that (other than you)?

To use the reverse of an argument some here have used against me, in my criticsms of Democrats....

The absence of commentary or thread starters by BRC when Democrats do the same, speaks pretty loudly for itself.

:)

Pitt Gorilla
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
To use the reverse of an argument some here have used against me, in my criticsms of Democrats....

The absence of commentary or thread starters by BRC when Democrats do the same, speaks pretty loudly for itself.

:)So, you think that you and BRC have some similar posting characteristics?