PDA

View Full Version : Education Notre Dame: NO B.O.!

***SPRAYER
03-26-2009, 11:07 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8yyS2_uD3Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8yyS2_uD3Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:clap:

***SPRAYER
03-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Catholics to B.O.: GET LOST YOU SCUMBAG!

Jenson71
03-26-2009, 01:24 PM
This is definitely an interesting question. On one hand, the University is proudly Catholic and should make sure that the integrity of Catholicism is never being degraded. There is, of course, no shortage of prominent and important Catholics that could give a commencement speech.

On the other hand, the University is an institute of knowledge not limited to the Catholic position. As an important national institution, there are ties inherent to the political leaders and government. Notre Dame does not just allow Catholic students or Catholic faculty and staff. There are probably atheists at ND and Hindus. There is even a worthless theologian Father Richard McBrien who jumps at every opportunity to 'advance' the Church to making female priests. Yes, even ND allows him a voice, much to the ire of many Catholics.

Surely the act of allowing a speaker to be honored with a commencement speech is not a sign that you agree with everything he feels with or support it. In this case, since the few things are not just something the Catholic disagrees with but feels is morally evil, as abortion is, the issue is more cautious.

I understand both positions. Do I think there are Catholics and non-Catholics in this world who would be a better choice than Obama to speak? Yes, I do. Am I so enraged or severly disappointed in ND that I would think twice about going there and sending my kid there because Obama will speak? Absolutely not.

That's my .02

jAZ
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't blame alum and donors for being upset... none of my business what they do.

But from a purely logical standpoint, does one have to be anti-abortion to get a degree there?

Chief Henry
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't blame alum and donors for being upset... none of my business what they do.

But from a purely logical standpoint, does one have to be anti-abortion to get a degree there?

Nope, but many PRO LIFE catholics across the country donate LARGE $$$
to Notre Dame.

***SPRAYER
03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
This is definitely an interesting question. On one hand, the University is proudly Catholic and should make sure that the integrity of Catholicism is never being degraded. There is, of course, no shortage of prominent and important Catholics that could give a commencement speech.

On the other hand, the University is an institute of knowledge not limited to the Catholic position. As an important national institution, there are ties inherent to the political leaders and government. Notre Dame does not just allow Catholic students or Catholic faculty and staff. There are probably atheists at ND and Hindus. There is even a worthless theologian Father Richard McBrien who jumps at every opportunity to 'advance' the Church to making female priests. Yes, even ND allows him a voice, much to the ire of many Catholics.

Surely the act of allowing a speaker to be honored with a commencement speech is not a sign that you agree with everything he feels with or support it. In this case, since the few things are not just something the Catholic disagrees with but feels is morally evil, as abortion is, the issue is more cautious.

I understand both positions. Do I think there are Catholics and non-Catholics in this world who would be a better choice than Obama to speak? Yes, I do. Am I so enraged or severly disappointed in ND that I would think twice about going there and sending my kid there because Obama will speak? Absolutely not.

That's my .02

Sounds to me like you would be much, much more comfortable in the Episcopalian Church.

mlyonsd
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM

That's a pretty fair point. I'm also guessing ND has professors that are anti-abortion. I bet ND didn't even think about the issue before asking him to speak.

My Uncle is a Monseigner....I think this Thanksgiving when he's got a mouth full of turkey I'll ask him how he could reconcile being an Obama supporter because of his abortion stance.

vailpass
03-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Sounds to me like you would be much, much more comfortable in the Episcopalian Church.

Why would he want to leave the big leagues for those watered down splitters?

Adept Havelock
03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Why would he want to leave the big leagues for those watered down splitters?

Because they don't have a bizarre celibacy fetish? :shrug:

Thig Lyfe
03-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Meh.

Jenson71
03-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Bishop Olmsted from Phoenix wrote a concise and clear letter to the school which is impossible for me to disagree with.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3625/3388016068_53193dd228_o.png

Demonpenz
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I remember when people thought mother teresa was doing wrong.

jAZ
03-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Obama should take the wind out of this by speaking but declining the honorary degree.

Problem solved, Obama scores points for respecting the religious beliefs of an entire faith who disagrees with his position on this issue.

***SPRAYER
03-26-2009, 06:52 PM
B.O. is a scumbag

http://www.operationrescue.org/sebelius-unfit-for-hhs-post-facts-about-her-connections-to-the-abortion-cartel/

wild1
03-26-2009, 06:55 PM
They should cancel his appearance with some kind of a cheap cop-out.

Like, say that this speaking engagement is "above his pay grade"

***SPRAYER
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
They should cancel his appearance with some kind of a cheap cop-out.

Like, say that this speaking engagement is "above his pay grade"

I think everybody should pray the rosary while he's trying to speak/read his teleprompter.

mlyonsd
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Obama should take the wind out of this by speaking but declining the honorary degree.

Problem solved, Obama scores points for respecting the religious beliefs of an entire faith who disagrees with his position on this issue.

But since he's a true liberal he'll take the degree only if he doesn't have to do the work of speaking.

***SPRAYER
04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
B.O. is a scumbag who clearly has an Anti-Catholic agenda:

http://www.catholicleague.org/release.php?id=1590

WilliamTheIrish
04-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Yea, I see the Catholic death camps all over. CLEARLY, he has an agenda. It's Holy Week. Can you please climb on the cross, JesuS Prayer?

***SPRAYER
04-09-2009, 05:49 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090408/sc_livescience/kidscurbmaritalsatisfaction

ROFL