PDA

View Full Version : Football Is Charles Rogers a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf?

Fat Elvis
03-26-2009, 01:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxOjTl5bwDE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxOjTl5bwDE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-rogers-jail&prov=ap&type=lgns

Charles Rogers has decided to just sit in jail rather than complete his "sobriety court" sentence. I didn't realize that he only had 36 receptions, 440 yards recieving and 4 tds in his career.

Since both he and Leaf were #2 picks, I think it might be a toss-up as to who was the bigger bust. No doubt Leaf was a monumental bust, but I think his "bustiness" gets blown up because it is always in comparison to Peyton Manning. Charles Rogers gives him a good run for the money.

chiefs1111
03-26-2009, 01:59 PM
I would still say Leaf was a bigger bust but Rogers was pretty close

Jerm
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Mike Williams is another enormous recent bust that comes to mind.

I remember Kiper saying he was the best player in the draft lol.

Gonzo
03-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Is Rogers still in the league or is he done?

Molitoth
03-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I would say Rogers is the bigger bust. At least Leaf got a chance to play a few games.

htismaqe
03-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I remember his last year at MSU when the Hawks completely neutralized him. They said it couldn't be done...

Molitoth
03-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh and being a Lions AND Michigan St fan, I was extremly sad.

Molitoth
03-26-2009, 02:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T04lSo_eObQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T04lSo_eObQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

raybec 4
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
It's really a toss up, I think Leaf though because he had a more public meltdown. Rogers just never did anything (but drugs).

CoMoChief
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Charles Rogers was forced out primarily due to the inj bug. Before he initially got inj (the first time) he acutally performed well. In 5 games his rookie season before he was inj he caught like 22 recpt for 250 yds and had 3 TD's. That's on pace to do better than what Bowe did his rookie season.

Ryan Leaf just plain sucked.

chiefs1111
03-26-2009, 02:10 PM

He's been out of the league for a couple years now but he said when he gets done doing his jail time he's gonna start getting into shape for a come back

Miles

Think he is in jail again.

CoMoChief

I think hes done now......hell he tried walking onto the Chiefs roster with an open tryout......i think his 40 time after a shit load of surgeries was like 4.8

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Charles Rogers was forced out primarily due to the inj bug. Before he initially got inj (the first time) he acutally performed well. In 5 games his rookie season before he was inj he caught like 22 recpt for 250 yds and had 3 TD's. That's on pace to do better than what Bowe did his rookie season.

Ryan Leaf just plain sucked.

He was forced out because he was a cokehead who failed multiple drug tests in both college and the pros.

htismaqe
03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I will always feel like Derrick Thomas in some small way contributed to the Ryan Leaf saga. The thrashing he recieved that September Sunday at Arrowhead was the stuff of legends.

Really funny legends.

The kind that sort of make you feel sorry for how pathetic he was.

Chief Faithful
03-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Leaf was the biggest bust. Rogers was Matt "Mellon Head" Millen's biggest screwup.

CoMoChief
03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
He was forced out because he was a cokehead who failed multiple drug tests in both college and the pros.

He was inj first from what I recall.

CoMoChief
03-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Leaf was the biggest bust. Rogers was Matt "Mellon Head" Millen's biggest screwup.

Mike Williams was a bigger bust than Rogers IMO. He just flat out didn't have what it took to play in the NFL. Rogers did from the short time he played at first.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
He was inj first from what I recall.

He wasn't injured in college when he was failing drug tests.

Crush
03-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Mike Williams was a bigger bust than Rogers IMO. He just flat out didn't have what it took to play in the NFL. Rogers did from the short time he played at first.

"I will see you at his (Mike Williams) HOF induction." - Mel Kiper Jr. ROFL

DaFace
03-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I think you have to keep in mind what the Chargers gave up for Leaf when making this decision. The Chargers gave up:

2 first round picks
1 second round pick
Patrick Sapp
Eric Metcalf

All to move up from the #3 to the #2 spot and take Leaf. That's a pretty epic failure right there.

Crush
03-26-2009, 03:53 PM
I think you have to keep in mind what the Chargers gave up for Leaf when making this decision. The Chargers gave up:

2 first round picks
1 second round pick
Patrick Sapp
Eric Metcalf

All to move up from the #3 to the #2 spot and take Leaf. That's a pretty epic failure right there.

The thing about Leaf is the fact that people tend forget his first two regular season games. He actually played pretty decent and actually won his first two games. I concur with htismaqe in the fact that DT and the gang accelerated the process of this failed experiment. I certainly believe that Leaf would have still become a bust even if the Arrowhead Massacre never happened, but I think it accelerated the process by fantastic proportions. What would have taken 2-3 years actually happened in only three games.

Demonpenz
03-26-2009, 04:00 PM
begs the question WHICH MIKE WILLIAMS are we talking about I assume the WR but the linman sucked too

tboss27
03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
"I will see you at his (Mike Williams) HOF induction." - Mel Kiper Jr. ROFL

That is good stuff

Mr. Flopnuts
03-26-2009, 05:28 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T04lSo_eObQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T04lSo_eObQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LMAO @ "THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD BE BETTER IS IF MATT MILLEN WAS WEARIN THE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!"

Buck
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM

2 first round picks
1 second round pick
Patrick Sapp
Eric Metcalf

Fuck thats a lot. I never knew that.

And the answer to the question is no.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Mike Williams is another enormous recent bust that comes to mind.

I remember Kiper saying he was the best player in the draft lol.

Kiper is such a quack

Frazod
03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I will always feel like Derrick Thomas in some small way contributed to the Ryan Leaf saga. The thrashing he recieved that September Sunday at Arrowhead was the stuff of legends.

Really funny legends.

The kind that sort of make you feel sorry for how pathetic he was.

I'm pretty sure I was at that game. I went to a game at Arrowhead a long time ago where we just pounded the shit out of San Diego, like 30-0. IRRC, everybody got free donuts or something because the game was a shut out.

wild1
03-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Rogers' 36 career receptions reminds me of Ryan Sims' 7.5 career sacks

chiefs1111
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Rogers' 36 career receptions reminds me of Ryan Sims' 7.5 career sacks

Ryan Sims has 7.5 career sacks??? I thought he might have like 2 sacks at the most lol

Cormac
03-26-2009, 08:05 PM
htismaqe,

You mean the game when Leaf went 1 for 15 for -4 yards and a few picks!!! Funny, alright.

I think Leaf was the bigger bust. At least Rogers had the injury excuse. Didn't he break his collarbone in consecutive seasons. At least he showed he belonged (talent-wise) in the short time he played.