PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz slams Kietzman

Count Alex's Wins
03-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Fun fun fun for everyone!

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/the-circus-guy-with-a-broom.html

I promised myself when this website was born that I would not spend an inordinate amount of time writing about the media. The media loves to talk and write about the media. Frankly, I think itís boring for most people; itís inside information important only to ink-stained wretches, tin-throats and hairdos.

There was no way I wanted to be the guy who works at the circus and follows the elephants around with a broom. Elephants eat every day, and they leave evidence of that behind them every day. Cleaning up messes involving the media is the equivalent of the same thing, every single day.

But crossing over the Illinois/Indiana state line on Wednesday came word that Chicken Little was at it again.

Chicken Little? You remember the character from the childrenís fable who constantly goes around screaming the sky is falling, the sky is falling. But the sky doesnít fall. His screaming just causes hysteria at first, before people just stop paying attention.

Well the Kansas City sports radio world has its own Chicken Little. His credibility has been worn away from years of screaming the sky is falling. He knows that fact and it makes him even more shrill when he says another sky is falling.

Wednesday, Chicken Little reported there was a chance of a strike by workers at the Truman Sports Complex, where renovations are going on at both Kauffman Stadium and Arrowhead. That fact is true.

But then Chicken Little had to add this fact: the Chiefs had petitioned the NFL to play all their home games on the road in the 2009 season.

No source was given on this information. Thatís not hard to believe because itís made-up. Chicken Little created the information. If he didnít, he got suckered by somebody on the union side of these negotiations.

So Chicken Little is either a liar, or a fool.

Either way itís a farce. Had this happened on April 1st it would go down as one of the great April Foolís Day stunts in media history.

But it went down on March 25th and Chicken Little was deeply serious about this ďscoop.Ē When I heard this over a cell phone, I thought there was something wrong with my reception. When it was repeated, I thought it was a joke. Then, it was driven home to me that no, this was actually being talked about on the radio as fact.

The Chiefs and the NFL were both left scratching their heads over this one because something like petitioning for 20 away games has never been contemplated, let alone considered or discussed by the Hunts or Chiefs officials. I mean, just say it out loud Ė 20 road games Ė and itís obviously a ridiculous concept.

Now, simply by writing and following up on Chicken Little provides legs to a story that isnít a story. No sense tying up any more bytes, so we will stop now.

Cue the circus guy with the broom, because itís clean up time in the media aisle.

And this time, itís a really big, steaming pile of crap.

chiefs1111
03-27-2009, 02:14 AM
Chicken Little lol

Rigodan
03-27-2009, 03:03 AM
I promised myself when this website was born that I would not spend an inordinate amount of time writing about the media. The media loves to talk and write about the media. Frankly, I think itís boring for most people;

He should have stopped right here.

skky man
03-27-2009, 07:46 AM
:DLMAO
That's funny stuff. I wonder how serious that petition looks to the chiefs now!

Kerberos
03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
:ZZZ:

HypnotizedMonkey
03-27-2009, 08:10 AM
I petition that we force every person in the media into a nation-wide fight to the death fisticuffs tournament. Last man standing gets to write whatever the F he or she wants.

Que Card QB
03-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Chicken Little. I like it.

Tuesday it was "Texas" on the helmets! OMG!!!!! Wednesday the Chiefs were scheduling all their games away! OMG!!!!!! Thursday he took a day off and talked about the MU/UM game. Plus neither of his previous rants had gathered any steam. Today, I predict his theme will be MU > KU.

Mojo Jojo
03-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Has KK ever named a source? He claims to have sources, but these sources never seem to be right. It must be cool to make up whatever you want then claim someone else told you so you will never be held accountable.

GoHuge
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
A sports radio guy drumming up a story in March when there is nothing to talk about other than the tournament. Say it aint so!! Have you noticed Petro never does this shit? Maybe that's why most people like him. I'll give KK credit. He is the one that broke this story along with the story about the city trying to back out on the maintence for the stadiums. The other journalist are always running several steps behind him. Now it doesn't show alot of journalistic credibility when you take the each story to the max degree of fear mongering. The maintence deal looks like it is working its way out and I presume the union deal will as well. He constantly presents the end of days scenario when he reports these things. He's the best at breaking the stories but he needs to be a reporter and present the facts instead of being a speculator.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
And yesterday tentative agreements were starting to be reached by the union workers, and the city was agreeing to pay 1.7 of the 2 mil. owed, with plans to find the other 300k.

Per KK.

In short, nothing to see here. Move along.

htismaqe
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Does Gretz think if he continues to kiss ass like he did to Carl that Pioli will let him join the big boys club?

Something tells me Pioli doesn't crave adulation the same way Carl did.

Crush
03-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't think Pioli even knows who Gretz is.

alpha_omega
03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
So Chicken Little is either a liar, or a fool.Or a foolish liar.

HC_Chief
03-27-2009, 09:34 AM

I'm sure he knows the shape, err, I mean face.... just doesn't know the name to go with the pear, err, shape, errr face.

htismaqe
03-27-2009, 09:45 AM

kc rush
03-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Has KK ever named a source? He claims to have sources, but these sources never seem to be right. It must be cool to make up whatever you want then claim someone else told you so you will never be held accountable.

Speculation has been that it was someone in the union pushing this out there hoping to drum up public pressure to help get a deal done.

He wasn't making the story up, it was a possibility, but he did make it into a bigger deal than it needs to be.

I guess you could say that he was a tool of the union in this case, or that he's just a tool.

Molitoth
03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
KK is a whiney bastard.

Fish
03-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Did anybody catch KK whining about his credibility yesterday?

Said something to the effect of "Just once I'd like to be the guy that people believe unconditionally when they tell you something. Somebody that can say something and have people go 'Wow, that must be true'."

Blithering fool....

gblowfish
03-27-2009, 10:20 AM
KK is Don "The Weasel" Fortune, version 2.

Fezzic
03-27-2009, 10:22 AM
i thought instantly of the great Douche vs. Turd Sandwich debate when I saw this thread:

http://images.southparkstudios.com/img/content/characters/126a.jpg

htismaqe
03-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Said something to the effect of "Just once I'd like to be the guy that people believe unconditionally when they tell you something. Somebody that can say something and have people go 'Wow, that must be true'."

Blithering fool....

In that context though, he was talking about Perkins from KU. Forget about Keitzman himself for a minute, he has a point.

These big time AD's and coaches can pretty much say whatever they want their fans will believe them unconditionally.

Fat Elvis
03-27-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't see how it is a "slam" against KK.

Gretz admits writers calling each other out bores people (real people, you know, who get laid), and yet he does the very thing that bores his audience.

KK is a tool. Gretz is a tool.

It is little more than a pile of (fat) crap telling the turd that he stinks.

Dartgod
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Blithering fool....
As soon as that massive drug ring in the NFL is exposed, I'll be your huckleberry, Kevin.

Fish
03-27-2009, 10:29 AM
In that context though, he was talking about Perkins from KU. Forget about Keitzman himself for a minute, he has a point.

These big time AD's and coaches can pretty much say whatever they want their fans will believe them unconditionally.

I just found it amusingly appropriate for this thread...

Crush
03-27-2009, 10:31 AM

LMAO

Jerm
03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Gretz slamming anyone, even if it is Keitzman, is beyond hilarious...doesn't Gretz know that he has about ZERO credibility in this town?

Mecca
03-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I love Gretz ass kiss routine.

htismaqe
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I love Gretz ass kiss routine.

Exactly.

beavis
03-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I wonder if media in other towns gets into these stupid bickering matches like ours does. If any of them had any brains at all they'd stay out of it.

burt
03-27-2009, 12:59 PM
so appropriate....

blaise
03-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Exactly.

Whatever the routine, KK is a douche and chicken little fits him to a T.

Que Card QB
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
KK just said MU hasn't hung a hundie on anyone in the B12. They hung 107 on CO and upper 90s on OSU, KSU twice and TTech. MU has one of the top offenses in the country. Idiot.

I was wrong. I thought his crap would be with KU. I thought he might praise MU. Pretty much he's doing everything he can to down play MU's win. Dooche.

googlegoogle
03-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Most of the attacks on Keitzman are from foreign out-of-towners.

They 'hate' the guy because they want that gig.

googlegoogle
03-27-2009, 03:31 PM
KK is Don "The Weasel" Fortune, version 2.

Hmm. Why? How about a specific reason for your hate.

Fortune was bad because he kissed a lot of ass. Not KK.

Coogs
03-27-2009, 03:31 PM

I was wondering why I always change the channel after listening to him for about 30 seconds.

htismaqe
03-27-2009, 03:41 PM

What?

Brock
03-27-2009, 03:43 PM
The list of Keitzman's transgressions against humanity is long and distinguished.

Fish
03-27-2009, 04:23 PM

ROFL

:shake:

Mecca
03-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Even if you hate Keitzman the other stations guys are even worse.

Count Alex's Wins
03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah. At least Keitz has talent. He's like a crazy white man Whitlock.

blaise
03-27-2009, 05:45 PM

No, it's because he's a douchebag.

Mojo Jojo
03-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Speculation has been that it was someone in the union pushing this out there hoping to drum up public pressure to help get a deal done.

He wasn't making the story up, it was a possibility, but he did make it into a bigger deal than it needs to be.

I guess you could say that he was a tool of the union in this case, or that he's just a tool.

To be honest no one could confirm KK's schedule part of the story. If he has a source then name it, or he is just making stuff up. BTW 980 KMBZ had the union stoppage story a day earlier on the air. KK was just picking up the leftovers.

wild1
03-27-2009, 08:02 PM
In no other city in the country would Kietzman be a name anyone would recognize

wild1
03-27-2009, 08:04 PM
and, it's silly to believe the team would play all its games on the road. They could simply play at an alternate site. Did the Chicago Bears play 20 road games when their stadium was being rebuilt? No, they played in Champagne.