PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff California to Ban Black Cars?

MIAdragon
03-27-2009, 10:40 AM
LMAO thank god I left that hell hole when I did.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/california-to-reduce-carbon-emissions-by-banning-black-cars/

California to reduce carbon emissions by... banning black cars?!

In a move that will likely get California's consumers in a huff, impending legislation may soon restrict the paint color options for Golden State residents looking for their next new vehicle. The specific colors that are currently on the chopping block are all dark hues, with the worst offender seemingly the most innocuous color you could think of: Black. What could California possibly have against these colors, you ask? Apparently, the California Air Resources Board figures that the climate control systems of dark colored cars need to work harder than their lighter siblings – especially after sitting in the sun for a few hours. Anyone living in a hot, sunny climate will tell you that this assumption is accurate, of course. In fact, legislation already exists for buildings that has proven successful at reducing the energy consumption of skyscrapers.

So, what's the crux of the problem... can't paint suppliers just come up with new, less heat-absorbent dark paints? According to Ward's, suppliers have reportedly been testing their pigments and processes to see if it's possible to meet CARB's proposed mandate of 20% solar reflectivity by 2016 with a phase-in period starting in 2012, and things aren't looking good. Apparently, when the proper pigments and chemicals are added to black paint, the resulting color is currently being referred to as "mud-puddle brown." That doesn't sound very attractive, now does it? Windshields, backlights and sunroofs are also slated to get reflective coatings starting in 2012.

When we first heard of this issue, an internal debate immediately began as to whether this might be an elaborate early April Fool's joke, but it isn't. Read through CARB's complete Cool Cars Standards and Test Procedures here (PDF link) for more. Thanks for the tip, Joaquin!

ChiTown
03-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Good Lord.

Is there a bigger bunch of environmental morons that Californian's? Wow!

kaplin42
03-27-2009, 10:46 AM
More Nanny-State regime. Yay us.

Lumpy
03-27-2009, 10:46 AM
You know the US is going downhill when a state begins discriminating against a car b/c of its color. For shame.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Pelosi to set an example by taking white limos to airport to board her private plane.

Buck
03-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Fuck.

I have a Black Car.

Does that mean I get a free paint job?

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 10:50 AM
What a load of crap. The interior temperature of a vehicle has no bearing whatsoever on how much the A/C compressor runs, it cycles on and off the same regardless. The only difference with a black car is the occupants may be uncomfortable for a longer time until the car cools.

Soupnazi
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM

I have a Black Car.

Does that mean I get a free paint job?

No, but they'll happily replace your car with a bike.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 10:52 AM
I HEARD THAT. Someone was bitching to me about it.

The shit about it is that uou tint the windows on a black car, and you need the AC a lot less than my silver car with no windows. California government is fail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 10:54 AM
What a load of crap. The interior temperature of a vehicle has no bearing whatsoever on how much the A/C compressor runs, it cycles on and off the same regardless. The only difference with a black car is the occupants may be uncomfortable for a longer time until the car cools.

You're right. The only time it may make an impact is if there were a situaation where a light car wouldn't run the ac, but a dark car would.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
03-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Please, wall these lunatics off from the rest of the country. :shake:

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I would really like to know what percentage the marginal change of shtifting from a dark car to light car would be of the total emissions for california. My guess is that the move would cut down emmissions by an alarmingly negligable amount.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Legislation courtesy of the People's Republic of Berkeley!

Deberg_1990
03-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Please, wall these lunatics off from the rest of the country. :shake:

This.

BTW, who are the nutjobs that keep voting for people like Pelosi that keeps her in power?

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Gawd....It's things like these that make me embarrassed to say I'm a Californian. These politicians are idiots. They blame cars for everything, every chance they get. They won't stop until every californian is driving a white Prius, like them.

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
You're right. The only time it may make an impact is if there were a situaation where a light car wouldn't run the ac, but a dark car would.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. The Ac Compressor doesn't give a shit how hot it is, or what color the car is. Wow, so the darker cars MIGHT run the AC a few minutes longer than a lighter car. Fucking Idiots. Die!!!!!!!!!!!1111 ALL OF THEM. JUST DIE ALREADY!111111

kaplin42
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
This.

BTW, who are the nutjobs that keep voting for people like Pelosi that keeps her in power?

Not I. Infact, after the latest assraping the state legislature gave us in raising all our taxes, I plan on voting every one of those morons out of office next election. And don't even get me started on Pelosi, if stupidity had arms and legs it would be her.

Stewie
03-27-2009, 11:12 AM
What about windows? Those damn things let the light in and trap the heat. There needs to be legislation introduced IMMEDIATELY for their banishment!

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
What about windows? Those damn things let the light in and trap the heat. There needs to be legislation introduced IMMEDIATELY for their banishment!

That's what's funny. We're not allowed to have window tint on the front door glass; only the back. And yet they're concerned about interior temp. I wonder how much cooler these black cars would be if they would get rid of that stupid window tint ban. Gawd Im pissed. I know it's just a proposal, but I'm pissed about the IDEA; the fact that they even brought it up.

mikey23545
03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
"Chains you can believe in!"

Brock
03-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Gawd....It's things like these that make me embarrassed to say I'm a Californian. These politicians are idiots. They blame cars for everything, every chance they get. They won't stop until every californian is driving a white Prius, like them.

They're not driving a white Prius, they're riding in a black Suburban.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 11:23 AM
there is obviously some purpose behind this. if their air quality is that poor then steps have to be taken to make it better. our country in general needs to make small adjustments like this all over the place, and big differences can happen. it may sound stupid but im sure reasearch can back it up. if you doubt it and dont like it thats fine, but please stop crying.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
This kind of stupid shit reminds me of Donger's "Daytime running lights waste fuel" idiocy.

Brock
there is obviously some purpose behind this. if their air quality is that poor then steps have to be taken to make it better. our country in general needs to make small adjustments like this all over the place, and big differences can happen. it may sound stupid but im sure reasearch can back it up. if you doubt it and dont like it thats fine, but please stop crying.
Posted via Mobile Device

You never met a stupid law you didn't like.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 11:26 AM
They're not infringing upon your individual rights; they're protecting the rights of everyone. Keep your seat belt buckled! /lefty/

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
That's what's funny. We're not allowed to have window tint on the front door glass; only the back. And yet they're concerned about interior temp. I wonder how much cooler these black cars would be if they would get rid of that stupid window tint ban. Gawd Im pissed. I know it's just a proposal, but I'm pissed about the IDEA; the fact that they even brought it up.

why would you be pissed about this? seriously. if air quality isnt important to you, i hope you dont get a respitory disease.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 11:31 AM
They're not infringing upon your individual rights; they're protecting the rights of everyone. Keep your seat belt buckled! /lefty/
Seat belt laws make sense. Less people getting maimed behind the wheel means less money paid out by insurance companies for medical expenses which in turn means lower insurance rates for everyone.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
This kind of stupid shit reminds me of Donger's "Daytime running lights waste fuel" idiocy.

only blinker fluid would be wasted.

daytime running lights are dumb imo as it does waste the lifespan of the bulb. its very minor, yes. no matter which way you cut it, there are 100,000,000 pennies in $1,000,000.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
why would you be pissed about this? seriously. if air quality isnt important to you, i hope you dont get a respitory disease.
Posted via Mobile Device
You have no idea how an automobile's air conditioning system works, do you?

Brock
03-27-2009, 11:34 AM
only blinker fluid would be wasted.

daytime running lights are dumb imo as it does waste the lifespan of the bulb. its very minor, yes. no matter which way you cut it, there are 100,000,000 pennies in $1,000,000.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, you mean the bulb will last 15 years instead of 16? OMG how wasteful.

Champion of ignorant fail.

Buehler445
Posted via Mobile Device

Uhhh. No. I want to see this research immediately. The marginal change would be absolutely negligable. I promise. Given the amount of truck and train traffic in California, not to mention the coal fire plants, manufacturing plants, and every other emission producing establishment, I promise you that swtiching from black cars to white cars will be negligable. It may be a high volume, but as a percentage of emissions for the state, I promise you it is negligable. It probably isn't even measurable.

It's not that I am not in favor of eliminating greenhouse gasses, it's just the dumbfuck approach they are taking.

Its like having a yard dominated by dandelions and you choose to go pull one tiny kotia weed. It is just a ginormous waste of time, energy, money, fucking everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Soupnazi
Posted via Mobile Device

Honestly, I'm far more likely to have my life negatively impacted by the idiotic ideas coming out of California than I am to have it negatively impacted by respiratory disease. Go on paving our collective road to hell though.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Seat belt laws make sense. Less people getting maimed behind the wheel means less money paid out by insurance companies for medical expenses which in turn means lower insurance rates for everyone.

We'll have to agree to disagree because this line of argumentation can be extended to include any number of things that would lower insurance costs. Similar arguments can be made for regulations to lower health insurance costs.

I don't like being told what to do in or on my property.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Not familiar with this take.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 11:36 AM
You never met a stupid law you didn't like.

it shouldnt be a law, auto manufacturers should take the initiative. thats the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 11:37 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree because this line of argumentation can be extended to include any number of things that would lower insurance costs. Similar arguments can be made for regulations to lower health insurance costs.

Yay. Fuck everyone else, I'm the only one who matters.

Brock
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
it shouldnt be a law, auto manufacturers should take the initiative. thats the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Auto makers should stop making black cars? Are you seriously that dumb?

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool. Only white cars.

It will be like the early 20th century again, only different.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Yay. **** everyone else, I'm the only one who matters.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

whatsmynameagain

do you have a mortgage, credit cards? do you actually own it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Soupnazi
Posted via Mobile Device

What initiative? Refusing to sell a black vehicle to customers that desire them?

DeezNutz
do you have a mortgage, credit cards? do you actually own it?
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. :rolleyes:
It pretty much is.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 11:40 AM
It pretty much is.

No, it isn't. But it is a reductive interpretation.

This is a more nuanced discussion that I'm not particularly interested in following up on, and I doubt you are, either. Let's just leave it at, we agree to disagree. You think it's sensible, and I don't.

Frazod
03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Cool. Only white cars.

It will be like the early 20th century again, only different.

I hate white cars, especially Impalas and Crown Vics. When I see one from a distance, I think it's a fucking cop. :grr:

kaplin42
03-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

There is no intiative to be taken, this is farking stupid. all this will encourage is that some people going out of state and buying cars in black and leaving out of state plates on their vehicle.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Oh, you mean the bulb will last 15 years instead of 16? OMG how wasteful.

Champion of ignorant fail.

how is it ignorant to save and conserve? even more so, you try to say that it only takes a year off the bulbs life, but most driving is done during the day. HOW ABOUT MATH SKILLS FUCK FACE?
your attitude is EXACTLY the reason we are in the mess we are today.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM
how is it ignorant to save and conserve? even more so, you try to say that it only takes a year off the bulbs life, but most driving is done during the day. HOW ABOUT MATH SKILLS FUCK FACE?
Posted via Mobile Device

There is nothing wrong with conserving, but the shit that you're suggesting is NOT EVEN a drop in the bucket. It is a waste of time unless you can make a change that will have an impact.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lumpy
03-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh holy hippie hell. :banghead:

CaliforniaChief
03-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Perhaps they could help us more by banning the Governor and all Democrats from running our state again. While they raise our car tax by 100%, raise our sales tax, raise our income tax, and give us fewer services, crumbling infrastructure, failing schools, and incompetent government. Maybe we should make MORE black cars to speed up this fictitious drowning so we can be put out of our misery. Or perhaps the San Andreas Fault will do the work, splitting the wacky coastal counties from the rest of the state...the part that actually produces more than it consumes.

I'm actually considering having my cars painted black and my engine modified to pollute as much as I can. Clearly this clean air we supposedly breathe is not good for our minds.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:02 PM
There is nothing wrong with conserving, but the shit that you're suggesting is NOT EVEN a drop in the bucket. It is a waste of time unless you can make a change that will have an impact.
Posted via Mobile Device

sometimes it takes a bunch of small changes to make a big impact. i realize the idea being proposed is far fetched but if there is any kind of savings to it, which im sure there is, then its something that can help. to say its a waste of time, im not so sure. someone figure the % of vehicles in cali and then the % of black vehicles. say it saves an average of 5% energy from a black to nonblack vehicle. calculate over 20 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:03 PM
how is it ignorant to save and conserve? even more so, you try to say that it only takes a year off the bulbs life, but most driving is done during the day. HOW ABOUT MATH SKILLS **** FACE?
Posted via Mobile Device

Stupid, DRL were invented by the same dumbshits who are trying to ban black cars, the safety/enviro nazis. So which dumbass leftists are you blaming here?

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
say it saves an average of 5% energy from a black to nonblack vehicle. calculate over 20 years.
]

It doesn't save 5 percent. It doesn't save .0005 percent. It serves no purpose at all, other than to make empty-headed do gooders such as yourself feel better.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 12:05 PM
HOW ABOUT MATH SKILLS **** FACE?
Posted via Mobile Device

Amusing juxtaposition.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
sometimes it takes a bunch of small changes to make a big impact. i realize the idea being proposed is far fetched but if there is any kind of savings to it, which im sure there is, then its something that can help. to say its a waste of time, im not so sure. someone figure the % of vehicles in cali and then the % of black vehicles. say it saves an average of 5% energy from a black to nonblack vehicle. calculate over 20 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is absolutely no way it saves 5% emission. I promise you. As Bugeater already stated, compressors run the same as long as their on, despite temperature, car color, temperature inside the car, fan speed, anything. The ONLY time emissions will be saved would be if a light colored car shut theirs off completely and a dark car had theirs on.

No way a 5% emissions savings is even remotely feasible.
Posted via Mobile Device

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Auto makers should stop making black cars? Are you seriously that dumb?

they should take steps to make the paint more efficient as they proposed or deal with the consequences.

and to answer your question, maybe. i am replying to your post....i bet this will be the most acknowledgement you get all week
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
If rear-view mirrors were white instead of black, there would be a 20% emissions savings.

CaliforniaChief
It doesn't save 5 percent. It doesn't save .0005 percent. It serves no purpose at all, other than to make empty-headed do gooders such as yourself feel better.

Exactly. People who push this crap are taking out their own sense of life failure on all of us in some sort of blood-guilt ritual that will absolve them for their worthless, namby-pamby, non-productive lives. All under the guise of "doing the right thing." And what's funny is that 95% of these people personally live lives that leave "carbon footprints" that would make Sasquatch feel inferior.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:12 PM
There is absolutely no way it saves 5% emission. I promise you. As Bugeater already stated, compressors run the same as long as their on, despite temperature, car color, temperature inside the car, fan speed, anything. The ONLY time emissions will be saved would be if a light colored car shut theirs off completely and a dark car had theirs on.

No way a 5% emissions savings is even remotely feasible.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

kaplin42
03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Smartest thing you have said all day.

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
they should take steps to make the paint more efficient as they proposed or deal with the consequences.

and to answer your question, maybe. i am replying to your post....i bet this will be the most acknowledgement you get all week
]

People like you are the problem in this country. Here you are, spouting off without any type of education, no real experience in the scientific manufacturing world, telling everybody else how things work. Calling you stupid or ignorant isn't an insult, it's just like pointing out that the sky is blue.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:15 PM
you are wrong and so is butteater. the compressor is belt driven off the motor which creates resistence on the motor causing more energy to be used. a black cars temp stays warmer and the ac is then ran longer. pretty complicated stuff i know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I wish i had more time to respond to this. The color of the exterior of a car doesn't retain nearly the heat that a dark interior does. If they want to attack cars because of the color, they are attacking the wrong part of the car. Light INTERIOR cars retain less heat than DARK INTERIOR cars, But that's beside the point. I wouldn't support it either way.

If it's Fucking hot outside, it's Fucking hot outside no matter what color your car is. People run the Ac all the same. The amount of extra fuel that would be burned from running the AC a few extra minutes more than someone who's car is slightly less hot is so small that it's irrelevant. A simple whomp on the gas pedal would burn more fuel than what you would save by not running the Ac. It's fucking stupid.

They're just blaming whatever they can on the Auto Industry rather then fixing what's really wrong with the the state. Just like they tried to pass a bill that would force you to scrapp cars 10 yrs or older. Or the bill they tried to pass that would cause all cars, no matter what age to pass smog tests that they were never built to pass due to it's age. It's an ongoing attack on the auto industry and im sick of it.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 12:17 PM
you are wrong and so is butteater. the compressor is belt driven off the motor which creates resistence on the motor causing more energy to be used. a black cars temp stays warmer and the ac is then ran longer. pretty complicated stuff i know.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know how a fucking air conditioner works, but unless you SHUT IT OFF it is going to have the same pull on the motor if it at 60 degrees or 140 degrees.

How often does anyone shut the air conditioner clear off?
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have any idea how much extra energy is spent running that compressor? What do you think is more fuel efficient, driving on the freeway with your windows down and getting all of that drag, or driving with the AC running?

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 12:19 PM
And if you're so concerned about saving such a tiny bit of fuel; don't drive so aggressive. It's that simple.

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
I know how a ****ing air conditioner works, but unless you SHUT IT OFF it is going to have the same pull on the motor if it at 60 degrees or 140 degrees.

Posted via Mobile Device

EXACTLY.

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

The exterior temperature of the car is irrelevant to the interior temperature, stupid.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
People will argue just about anything, regardless of validity. It's amazing.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Stupid, DRL were invented by the same dumbshits who are trying to ban black cars, the safety/enviro nazis. So which dumbass leftists are you blaming here?
drl imo is wasteful, no surprise it was brought to us by gm.

im done responding to your posts as the article states, IT HAS BEEN ALREADY PROVEN TO WORK ON BUILDINGS.
Posted via Mobile Device

88TG88
03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
So what will the police drive ?

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM

im done responding to your posts as the article states, IT HAS BEEN ALREADY PROVEN TO WORK ON BUILDINGS.
Posted via Mobile Device
And this proves that you have no idea wtf you are talking about. How much an A/C system in a building runs is in accordance to what the thermostat is set at, one in a car is either ON or OFF.

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Stupid, drl was not brought to you by GM, it was a regulation imposed on car makers by other countries.

Oh, so it works on structures with 10 million times the surface area of a car? DEFINITELY WORTHWHILE

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Buildings are MASSIVE AND RUN UP HUGE Elec. bills. Ever Seen a corporate elcetric Bill? Or your house electric bill when running your AC all summer?

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
So what will the police drive ?

ROFL

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:35 PM
People like you are the problem in this country. Here you are, spouting off without any type of education, no real experience in the scientific manufacturing world, telling everybody else how things work. Calling you stupid or ignorant isn't an insult, it's just like pointing out that the sky is blue.
you dismissed the article right off the bat. im not telling you how things work. the article clearly states this has worked with buildings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 12:37 PM
you dismissed the article right off the bat. im not telling you how things work. the article clearly states this has worked with buildings.
Posted via Mobile Device

And you are clearly being told that the article is comparing Apples to Oranges. We're talking about two completely different scales. Get it? Can you comprehend? Building/Home AC's draw Soooooo much more juice than a freakin' belt driver compressor.

Crush
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I know how a fucking air conditioner works, but unless you SHUT IT OFF it is going to have the same pull on the motor if it at 60 degrees or 140 degrees.

Posted via Mobile Device

did you forget that the a/c uses freon(a toxic gas) and depending on your ac's setting you use more or less freon. a black car will remain warmer from the sunshining on the exterior, your ac is then ran harder using more freon.

to the poster about the interior, it needs to be addressed as well if they are really going to push for this.

if any of you think this will pass, think again. a new miracle paint will come when obama turns water to 2 color changing paint. white for the summer black for the winter. if you wanted wine, by a box of franzia
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Buildings aren't cars.

Lumpy
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria.

LMAO

Brock
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
did you forget that the a/c uses freon(a toxic gas) and depending on your ac's setting you use more or less freon. a black car will remain warmer from the sunshining on the exterior, your ac is then ran harder using more freon. ]

The AC unit doesn't "use" freon. Freon isn't consumed by a compressor. The only reason to put more freon into a system is if the system leaked.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
And you are clearly being told that the article is comparing Apples to Oranges. We're talking about two completely different scales. Get it? Can you comprehend? Building/Home AC's draw Soooooo much more juice than a freakin' belt driver compressor.

if you can save energy without spending extra money, thats stupid?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
:grovel:

http://www.motorcities.com/media/image/640/06JHE555309937A/2007-Volkswagen-New-Beetle-Convertible-Triple-White-Special-Edition-A-640.jpeg

Soupnazi
03-27-2009, 12:52 PM
did you forget that the a/c uses freon(a toxic gas) and depending on your ac's setting you use more or less freon. a black car will remain warmer from the sunshining on the exterior, your ac is then ran harder using more freon.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Using more freon." ROFL

Why can't people like you be satisfied that the crushing and punitive nature of the taxes I pay on fuel are motivation enough for me to consume less? You do it on every other thing that certain groups of people unlike you enjoy, so why isn't that enough here?

Soupnazi
03-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh and BTW, cars haven't used freon since like 1996. Since you're so knowledgeable and all.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

What the fuck are you talking about? It is a closed system. It is either engaged, in which the compressor is driven by the motor, or it is disengaged in which the pully spins freely, not driving the compressor.

There is no variation in the coolant used. And who the fuck cares if it is toxic? No one is fucking eating it. That's why it is illegal to release it into the atmosphere.

You're missing the goddamned point here. There is no possible way that black paint on a car yeilds even close to 5% or any other discernable percentage increase in emissions.

Moreover, even if it did, just changing black cars isn't even going to make a measurable dent in emissions.

It's like you have a yard full of dandelions and you pick one small kotia weed out of it. Yeah, you pulled a weed, but your goddamned grass is dead and your yard looks like balls.

The bottom line is that outlawing black cars will cause NO DISCERNABLE DROP IN EMISSIONS. Even if it did, it isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to other sources.

I'm done fucking arguing with you dude.

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM

to the poster about the interior, it needs to be addressed as well if they are really going to push for this.

if any of you think this will pass, think again. a new miracle paint will come when obama turns water to 2 color changing paint. white for the summer black for the winter. if you wanted wine, by a box of franzia
Posted via Mobile Device

How do you figure darker EXTERIOR Cars stay hotter? The paint doesn't reflect the light nor does it absorb it, the CLEAR Coat does. Last time i checked, all cars have clear coat unless it's a custom Satin finish. A Satin black would absorb heat. There is no difference between the reflection of black and white cars that have a gloss clear coat, except for the fact that white cars typically have light interiors, keeping them cooler. That simple. If you want to keep the exterior of your car cooler, then keep it nice and shiny. And freon has nothing to do with the compressor. You're thinking of the Condensor.

Let us not forget about the fact that a lot of newer model vehicles use electric AC Compressors that aren't belt driven, making this argument void anyhow; Making this Idea even more stupid and un though out.

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh and BTW, cars haven't used freon since like 1996. Since you're so knowledgeable and all.
They still do, it's just a different type that doesn't contain CFCs.

Soupnazi
03-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Actually, freon is a trade name for a class of CFC's invented by DuPont. The current refrigerant, R-134a, is not "freon."

A/C's still use refrigerant, just not freon.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
"Using more freon." ROFL

Why can't people like you be satisfied that the crushing and punitive nature of the taxes I pay on fuel are motivation enough for me to consume less? You do it on every other thing that certain groups of people unlike you enjoy, so why isn't that enough here?

what do you enjoy? driving a black car? as far as you paying taxes on fuel and the motivation to use less, check out hybrid sales since gas prices went back down. it seems we only care about things when we are personally affected by them. having an intiative to curb emmissions and make our world cleaner isnt a bad thing. small steps have to be taken all over to see results. i shouldnt give a shit as much as i do, i dont plan on having kids so maybe i shouldnt worry about how things will be after im gone. i find it funny how everyone thinks that things can remain the same forever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 01:09 PM
How do you figure darker EXTERIOR Cars stay hotter? The paint doesn't reflect the light nor does it absorb it, the CLEAR Coat does. Last time i checked, all cars have clear coat unless it's a custom Satin finish. A Satin black would absorb heat. There is no difference between the reflection of black and white cars that have a gloss clear coat, except for the fact that white cars typically have light interiors, keeping them cooler. That simple. If you want to keep the exterior of your car cooler, then keep it nice and shiny. And freon has nothing to do with the compressor. You're thinking of the Condensor.

Let us not forget about the fact that a lot of newer model vehicles use electric AC Compressors that aren't belt driven, making this argument void anyhow; Making this Idea even more stupid and un though out.
Dark colors do indeed absorb more heat, next time there's a sunny day go put your hand on a black car and a white one, and the black one will be noticeably warmer. And I haven't heard about any cars with electric driven AC units, but I'm not saying they don't exist. It doesn't really make any sense to install an additional electric motor when there's a perfectly good internal combustion engine already installed in the vehicle.

Soupnazi
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
what do you enjoy? driving a black car? as far as you paying taxes on fuel and the motivation to use less, check out hybrid sales since gas prices went back down. it seems we only care about things when we are personally affected by them. having an intiative to curb emmissions and make our world cleaner isnt a bad thing. small steps have to be taken all over to see results. i shouldnt give a shit as much as i do, i dont plan on having kids so maybe i shouldnt worry about how things will be after im gone. i find it funny how everyone thinks that things can remain the same forever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Einstein, gas taxes per gallon don't change with fuel prices. Meaning, my motivation is to always use less to avoid paying them. You're still an idiot.

And I don't even own a black vehicle, I'm just against people like you telling me what I can and can't do.

Fish
03-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I wonder how much it cost for the committee of Einstein's to think this up?

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Einstein, gas taxes per gallon don't change with fuel prices. Meaning, my motivation is to always use less to avoid paying them. You're still an idiot.

And I don't even own a black vehicle, I'm just against people like you telling me what I can and can't do.

correct me if im wrong but using less gas would result in paying less taxes? whatever the motivation, we should all try to consume less,no?
Posted via Mobile Device

alanm
03-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Good Lord.

Is there a bigger bunch of environmental morons that Californian's? Wow!The bigger bunch of morons would be those who elect the morons.

Dicky McElephant
03-27-2009, 01:30 PM
We need to go through California and oust everyone that is in a political seat. Bunch of fucking worthless pricks.

Iowanian
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Kit is going to be FURIOUS!!

Dicky McElephant
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
The bigger bunch of morons would be those who elect the morons.

Well when the state is 80% Democrat........what do you get?

Only in California does your vote not count when you are a Republican.

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Dark colors do indeed absorb more heat, next time there's a sunny day go put your hand on a black car and a white one, and the black one will be noticeably warmer. And I haven't heard about any cars with electric driven AC units, but I'm not saying they don't exist. It doesn't really make any sense to install an additional electric motor when there's a perfectly good internal combustion engine already installed in the vehicle.

Yeah, but the amount of heat absorbed is based on amount of heat reflected. The Clear coat reflects. More clear equals more reflection. Keep it shiny, it gets less hot.

Buehler445
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Kit is going to be FURIOUS!!

Coincidentally that was my first thought also.
Posted via Mobile Device

Radar Chief
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
LMAOROFL
:popcorn:

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Racism is alive and well in California. Sickening.

stevieray
03-27-2009, 02:18 PM
..O'er the land of the free...to own any color car excpet black
...and the home... of the...brave...to call terrorism man caused disasters

googlegoogle
03-27-2009, 02:39 PM
This article has scientific validity which upsets our Ludittes here who feel it's their right to have a HUMMER guzzling gas and spewing as much NO and pollutants into the air.

We mandate catalytic converters. Maybe you should saw that off too.

It's part of living in the city. Move to country and buy a smelly diesel if you wish.

CaliforniaChief
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Well when the state is 80% Democrat........what do you get?

Only in California does your vote not count when you are a Republican.

If you don't live in California, you have no idea how true this statement is. But even the Republicans (save a precious few) are complete tards.

googlegoogle
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Racism is alive and well in California. Sickening.

ROFL

CaliforniaChief
03-27-2009, 02:42 PM
This article has scientific validity which upsets our Ludittes here who feel it's their right to have a HUMMER guzzling gas and spewing as much NO and pollutants into the air.

It's part of living in the city. Move to country and buy a smelly diesel if you wish.

As much scientific validity as the indisputable truth of "global warming" errrr..."climate change?" Have fun with your winter storm.

Soupnazi
03-27-2009, 02:52 PM

Yes, because everyone here is advocating spewing unburned hydrocarbons into the air rather than pointing out the stupidity of enviro-wackos choosing others' vehicles' paint color.

If only those who do live in the country and do own a smelly diesel were free from your self-appointed duty to dictate the terms of their lifestyle.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 02:58 PM
As much scientific validity as the indisputable truth of "global warming" errrr..."climate change?" Have fun with your winter storm.

the best part is there's a 90% chance you probably believe in god.

id love to see the numbers of those who dismiss global warming yet religious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Inspector
03-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Oooops.

Hey, no worries. I'm not very much of a car guy either.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes, because everyone here is advocating spewing unburned hydrocarbons into the air rather than pointing out the stupidity of enviro-wackos choosing others' vehicles' paint color.

If only those who do live in the country and do own a smelly diesel were free from your self-appointed duty to dictate the terms of their lifestyle.

give me back my black car you meanies
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 03:00 PM

WTF are you rambling on about? who's talking about hummers and Cat Converters? We're talking about politicians blaming Cali's emission troubles on the color of your car. Let me know when you have something decent to say about THIS conversation.

CaliforniaChief
03-27-2009, 03:02 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

That's the best you can come up with?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116590/Increased-Number-Think-Global-Warming-Exaggerated.aspx

You're not very good at math, are you?

Brock
03-27-2009, 03:03 PM

So, dummy, if you're driving a Prius, but it happens to be a black Prius, does that mean you are displeasing your Earth-God?

Brock
03-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

An AC unit "uses" freon. ROFL Don't run your AC, it wastes freon. ROFL

Radar Chief
03-27-2009, 03:07 PM

Be careful who you think is backing you up. CARB is the same group that thought it would be a good idea to force oil companies to add MTBE to gasoline even though they knew it was water soluble, that it would wind up in the water table and it was all done over dubious at best “science”.

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 03:08 PM

It only has "scientific validity" to those who don't understand how the air conditioning system in a car works.

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
give me back my black car you meanies
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you honestly believe that getting rid of Dark Colored cars will help Emissions? Do you think that the tiny bit of difference that it MIGHT make is worth taking away more rights of California Citizens? You don't think there are other avenues to reduce emissions? You cant be serious......ever thought about what kind of effect it could have an Auto sales, or the Aftermarket paint industry. It's not like black or some other dark color is not widely used....we're talking about pissing off millions of people, costing paint companies & the Auto Industry Millions of dollars over something that probably won't make any difference. And with the Cali economy as it is, we can't afford to loose ANY money.

You seem like a bright guy; there is no way you could be this ignorant. Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Oooops.

Hey, no worries. I'm not very much of a car guy either.

i was going to say rw40 but figured most would say wtf. you really got me on this one!
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 03:14 PM
i was going to say rw40 but figured most would say wtf. you really got me on this one!
Posted via Mobile Device
The reason most would say wtf is because there is no such thing as "rw40". You're making yourself look dumber with every post.

Brock
03-27-2009, 03:14 PM
The reason most would say wtf is because there is no such thing as "rw40". You're making yourself look dumber with every post.

LMAO

Radar Chief
03-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

:Elvis: Dumbass its WD-40. Uh,huh,huh,huh.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM

its something 40 or maybe 10, my dad had to recharge my ac on my mazda about 10 years ago with the stuff. MY BAD!

Brock
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
its something 40 or maybe 10, my dad had to recharge my ac on my mazda about 10 years ago with the stuff. MY BAD!

Are you talking about r134a, dummy? It's amazing to me how you'll blather on and on about things you know absolute dick about.

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I think this thread is over now.

whatsmynameagain
:Elvis: Dumbass its WD-40. Uh,huh,huh,huh.

i know what that stuff is. i read not long ago that night clubs were using it on flat surfaces in bathrooms so when people poured their blow onto it, it would just clump up........

Soupnazi

Well, there's no better source of advanced knowledge of thermodynamics than a poorly-recalled memory of working on a 1990's Mazda.

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I think this thread is over now.
LMAO Indeed.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Are you talking about r134a, dummy? It's amazing to me how you'll blather on and on about things you know absolute dick about.

I said freon initially because i couldnt remember the exact term of the gas but knew it was very similar and was used for the same thing. i should have googled it on my cellphone really quick so you could have gotten a release. Either way they both are polutants and increase emissions which is what this was about in the first place, no?

Brock
03-27-2009, 03:27 PM
I said freon initially because i couldnt remember the exact term of the gas but knew it was very similar and was used for the same thing. i should have googled it on my cellphone really quick so you could have gotten a release. Either way they both are polutants and increase emissions which is what this was about in the first place, no?

No. Refrigerants don't become pollutants unless they are leaked into the atmosphere. I shouldn't need to explain this shit to you.:shake:

Soupnazi
03-27-2009, 03:29 PM

Intellectual quicksand.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 03:31 PM
That's the best you can come up with?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116590/Increased-Number-Think-Global-Warming-Exaggerated.aspx

You're not very good at math, are you?

I was talking about the board members here specifically.

The link you referenced was to a poll on global warming being exagerrated. I think an exagerration starts with a truth first, no?

EyePod
03-27-2009, 03:33 PM
You know the US is going downhill when a state begins discriminating against a car b/c of its color. For shame.

Colorism anyone?

Detoxing
03-27-2009, 03:33 PM

Uh-Oh

Radar Chief
03-27-2009, 03:34 PM
i know what that stuff is. i read not long ago that night clubs were using it on flat surfaces in bathrooms so when people poured their blow onto it, it would just clump up........

:spock: WD-40? Norm Larsen’s 40th attempt at a Water Displacing formula? :shake:

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM
:spock: WD-40? Norm Larsen’s 40th attempt at a Water Displacing formula? :shake:
yes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/wd40-the-scourge-of-snakes-beavers-and-cocainetaking-clubbers-487412.html

Radar Chief
03-27-2009, 03:44 PM
yes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/wd40-the-scourge-of-snakes-beavers-and-cocainetaking-clubbers-487412.html

Heh, I'll be damned.

Baconeater
03-27-2009, 03:46 PM
A toilet seat in a nightclub is the last place I'd ever snort cocaine from.

whatsmynameagain
03-27-2009, 03:54 PM
A toilet seat in a nightclub is the last place I'd ever snort cocaine from.

the movie life, "you ass snifer!"

Fish
03-27-2009, 04:30 PM
It's now become clear why that guy can't remember his own name....