PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Lion Fans Don't Want Stafford?

philfree
03-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Apparently they want Curry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nfl&pollId=69296

PhilFree:arrow:

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
The fact that they're Lions fans to begin with doesn't speak highly for them.

And, this poll has absolutely nothing to do with Lions fans. Whatever...

philfree
03-27-2009, 02:14 PM
No they want Jason Smith I meant.

PhillyChiefFan
03-27-2009, 02:16 PM
No they want Jason Smith I meant.

I thought they were already in talks with Smith?

Did I imagine that?

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
These aren't necessarily Lions fans.

The poll says, "If you ran the Lions."

WTF?

raybec 4
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm sure they have full confidence that Culpepper is the guy to lead them to the promised land, with Detroits draft history I'm sure they are pretty well resigned to a bust no matter who they pick.

philfree
03-27-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought they were already in talks with Smith?

Did I imagine that?

I think they're in talks with more than one prospect.

chiefs1111
Lions fan aren't very smart

DeezNutz
This thread title is misleading as fuck.

Deberg_1990
03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Lions fans are simliar to true Chiefs fans.

Andre Ware, Joey Harrington = Todd Blackledge

Oh noes..we cant draft a QB because we failed years ago!!

philfree
03-27-2009, 02:20 PM

WTF?

So the people in Michigan who voted in the poll are most likely Bears fans then?

philfree
03-27-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess really they're split in the state of Mich between Curry 39% and Smith 36%.

Brock
03-27-2009, 02:25 PM
They're tards.

CoMoChief
03-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Stafford sucks, I wouldnt want him either.

Brock
03-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Stafford sucks, I wouldnt want him either.

Given your history, he couldn't ask for a better endorsement.

Mecca
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM

WTF?

That poll says all that anyone ever needs to know about general football fan.

keg in kc
03-27-2009, 02:42 PM
I've been hoping the Lions would take him #1 for month. I think that's the best possible outcome for us as far as trading out of the 3 hole. It leaves at least one of the tackles and one of the QBs on the board.

philfree
03-27-2009, 02:43 PM

Wow! You really do have yourself up on a pedestal.

Mecca
03-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow! You really do have yourself up on a pedestal.

The general fan is a casual fan that isn't very smart about the actual dynamics of how things work.

These are people that still haven't realized a position like RB is expendable.

Anyone who takes a non rush backer 1st basically just asked to build their team into a contending team that loses in the playoffs and that's provided they do every thing else right.

philfree
03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
The general fan is a casual fan that isn't very smart about the actual dynamics of how things work.

These are people that still haven't realized a position like RB is expendable.

Anyone who takes a non rush backer 1st basically just asked to build their team into a contending team that loses in the playoffs and that's provided they do every thing else right.

I don't no if the people who voted in that poll are more than casual fans or not. They did happen across the poll and take the moment to vote. Casual? I don't know.

Mecca
03-27-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't no if the people who voted in that poll are more than casual fans or not. They did happen across the poll and take the moment to vote. Casual? I don't know.

People who take ESPN polls are generally people who watch alot of say ESPN or read the site, and frankly Curry has been the player that all the draft guys have chosen to pimp endlessly this year.

Why I dunno but he's ridiculously overhyped at this point.

chop
03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
The Lion fans have been burned by Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers, and Mike ? (forgot his name) so they do not want to draft anyone except Defense or O-line. My BIL (born and raised in Michigan) is totally against getting a QB with the #1 pick.

philfree
03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
People who take ESPN polls are generally people who watch alot of say ESPN or read the site, and frankly Curry has been the player that all the draft guys have chosen to pimp endlessly this year.

Why I dunno but he's ridiculously overhyped at this point.

I don't know that he's overhyped any where except on Chiefs Planet. And IMO that's only because he's had some pretty vocal detractors and their arguments aren't bullet proof so the debate insued. But no matter like I posted it's 39% Curry and 36% Smith so they are divided. The real point was that they aren't so hot on Stafford.

Also I found the poll and voted in it and I'm pretty sure I'm more then a casual fan. I think you are really over generalizing just a bit.

htismaqe
03-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Please Detroit. Take him.

Mecca
03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I don't know that he's overhyped any where except on Chiefs Planet. And IMO that's only because he's had some pretty vocal detractors and their arguments aren't bullet proof so the debate insued. But no matter like I posted it's 39% Curry and 36% Smith so they are divided. The real point was that they aren't so hot on Stafford.

Also I found the poll and voted in it and I'm pretty sure I'm more then a casual fan. I think you are really over generalizing just a bit.

When he's #1 on all the "draft guru" boards from Mayock to Kiper and so forth it's overhyped.

Pioli Zombie
03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
If a team is 0-16 and Elway or Manning or Marino or Aikman or Bradshaw or Staubach is available you draft him.
If the best qb out there is Matt Stafford you try like like hell to trade down and build your lines.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-27-2009, 05:15 PM
If a team is 0-16 and Elway or Manning or Marino or Aikman or Bradshaw or Staubach is available you draft him.
If the best qb out there is Matt Stafford you try like like hell to trade down and build your lines.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because all those guys were known quantities when they were drafted.

What a hog shit argument.

Brock
03-27-2009, 05:17 PM

I love how people act like Manning vs. Leaf was a guaranteed slam dunk.

Pioli Zombie
03-27-2009, 05:17 PM

Each one was regarded as a can't miss franchise qb

Stafford has never been universally acknowledged as that.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-27-2009, 05:37 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

That's some of the most dishonest hackery ever to masquerade as a football take in the entire time I've been on this board.

Dan Marino was so "can't miss" that 5 other QBs and 26 other prospects total went in front of him.

Pioli Zombie
03-27-2009, 05:41 PM
That's some of the most dishonest hackery ever to masquerade as a football take in the entire time I've been on this board.

Dan Marino was so "can't miss" that 5 other QBs and 26 other prospects total went in front of him.

Okay. Matt Stafford is Dan Marino. I forgot. Anybody here who doesn't agree with that is a retard and you guys are all brilliant geniuises. I stand corrected. The only reason Marino dropped like that was not his ability, it was a rumor of a drug problem if you remember

But whatever. Matt Stafford is the greatest qb to ever play in the history of football.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCDC
03-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Some more insight as to the Detroit pick at freep.com/article/20090325/SPORTS01/90325086/1048 (sorry, new members not allowed to post links)

R&GHomer
03-27-2009, 06:05 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

That's a bit of a stretch don't you think?

philfree
03-27-2009, 06:41 PM
When he's #1 on all the "draft guru" boards from Mayock to Kiper and so forth it's overhyped.

Maybe he's the best player in the draft?! It seems to me when I see those guys on TV or read their stuff or watch the video clips that they put Curry #1 and then spend alot more time talking about other players. They are not driving him into the ground paragraph after paragraph.

DeezNutz
03-27-2009, 08:13 PM

I'd bet that most fans don't have the time or the interest to devote to forming an independent opinion of these prospects. So if the experts say Curry is the best choice, that's probably how they'll vote, too.

I love how people act like Manning vs. Leaf was a guaranteed slam dunk.

There are some similarities here to the Curry debate. Several of us have compared his hype to that of DJ's coming out of college, but these comparisons have been quickly dismissed by some as outlandish. This, of course, is guided by the fact that Johnon has, largely, sucked balls, forgetting that he was also a "can't miss" prospect.