PDA

View Full Version : KU Collins-watch

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Well if anything good came out of last night, I dont think Cole and Sherron impressed many scouts last night with their play....then again who's to judge after one game.

Well I hope both Cole and Sherron come back next year. If I were to guess, I'd say Cole is staying and Sherron will bounce. But just interesting quote after the game...I try not to read too much into it.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/mar/28/collins-not-solely-blame-loss/?sports

Collins said he expects to return next season and will follow the lead of his coach, Bill Self, in making that decision.

I wish the season started next week, Collins said. Im real anxious to get back in the gym with these guys and do it all over again.

With more talent around him, hell have more left in his tank from the white flag to the checkered flag, and hell have more options around him.

the Talking Can
03-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Collins and Aldrich scored in double figures in each of the three tournament games, and no other KU player reached double figures once. They scored 63 percent of the teams points.

sums it up

the Talking Can
03-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Collins has got to test the waters....this is a weak draft and he isn't getting any taller...

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 07:40 AM
If they both stay we will have a severe scholarship problem.

DJay23
03-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I have a hunch they both come back, but what do I know?

the Talking Can
03-28-2009, 07:47 AM

nah...those things always resolve themselves...that's why the coach gets paid $$$....QT and someone else would magically decide to play elsewhere..

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Anyone got news on Cole? I know his dad just got laid-off and his mom works PT....wonder if that will have anything to do with his decision.

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 07:59 AM
nah...those things always resolve themselves...that's why the coach gets paid $$$....QT and someone else would magically decide to play elsewhere..

We could trade the Morris boys for draft picks. The worst thing about them is that there are two of them.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 08:02 AM
:bravo:We could trade the Morris boys for draft picks. The worst thing about them is that there are two of them.:bravo:

CoMoChief
03-28-2009, 08:03 AM
We could trade the Morris boys for draft picks. The worst thing about them is that there are two of them.

Can't believe those fuggers are allowed to shoot the ball. That one 3 Morris took from top of the key was fucking mind boggling.

Al Bundy
03-28-2009, 08:10 AM
I still say I would love to see Collins in a Buccaneers uniform and I think both will be gone next year.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Can't believe those fuggers are allowed to shoot the ball. That one 3 Morris took from top of the key was ****ing mind boggling.

...they look like the kind of guys who smell like they have chronic mud butt...

DJay23
03-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Anyone got news on Cole? I know his dad just got laid-off and his mom works PT....wonder if that will have anything to do with his decision.

He basically said last night that the loss will sting for a while and he has to look at his options. He said we could really have something special next year.

Self has said during the week that Cole could stand to stay around and work on lower body strength and footwork.

chiefqueen
03-28-2009, 08:27 AM
IMO if Aldrich was raised right, he will go pro. As much as I would love to see him back at KU & KU making another run at the title, it is more important for Aldrich to think of his parents first (father unemployed, mother only working PT) and help them out since he is in a position to do because of his athletic talent. Yes, I read his father's comments about he not wanting Cole basing his decision on his family's financial situation. But in the end I think Cole will realize even if he plays in Europe or the D-League, he will be able to help his parents out.

IMO Cole's eligibility will expire before the economy improves, he is able to and should go pro to help his parents.

ChiefsFanatic
03-28-2009, 08:32 AM

Brady will give up his, and maybe thomas will transfer.

Reerun_KC
03-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Well it will be an interesting off season... Collins will go as Coach Self tells him... He has already stated that... Cole on the other hand, if he isnt top 10, I bet he comes back... Next year he will be player of the year in the country if he stays... Jersey retired and a sure top 5 lottery pick...

Will be an interesting offseason to say the least.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Well it will be an interesting off season... Collins will go as Coach Self tells him... He has already stated that... Cole on the other hand, if he isnt top 10, I bet he comes back... Next year he will be player of the year in the country if he stays... Jersey retired and a sure top 5 lottery pick...

Will be an interesting offseason to say the least.

...surely Self would want him to return for his senior season...right?

ArrowheadHawk
03-28-2009, 09:18 AM
One more year. One more year.

Reerun_KC
03-28-2009, 09:21 AM
...surely Self would want him to return for his senior season...right?

Coach Self is selfish I am sure, but not Pete Carroll levels of selfishness... IF Coach Self can see Collins a lottery pick, he will encourage him to go...

HC_Chief
03-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Losing Collins and Aldrich would be equal to if not worse than losing all five starters from the NC team.

ArrowheadHawk
03-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Losing Collins and Aldrich would be equal to if not worse than losing all five starters from the NC team.

Not quite. With Taylor and the twins going through the offseason program and the recruiting we have coming in. They wouldn't be that bad off. They would just be a team not a couple of individuals with a supporting cast.

Reerun_KC
03-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Not quite. With Taylor and the twins going through the offseason program and the recruiting we have coming in. They wouldn't be that bad off. They would just be a team not a couple of individuals with a supporting cast.

Would be just like the start of the Chalmers/Rush era.... It would be a slow start but the rewards are so great... Coach Self is building another foundation for a championship...

HC_Chief
03-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Would be just like the start of the Chalmers/Rush era.... It would be a slow start but the rewards are so great... Coach Self is building another foundation for a championship...

This year is where that comparison began/begins. Having Collins & Aldrich bail now would be like Rush and Chalmers bailing before the NC.

The Morris tiwns and Taylor need to work HARD to pick up their game. I saw flashes from Taylor, but those Morris twins....

ArrowheadHawk
03-28-2009, 09:33 AM
This year is where that comparison began/begins. Having Collins & Aldrich bail now would be like Rush and Chalmers bailing before the NC.

The Morris tiwns and Taylor need to work HARD to pick up their game. I saw flashes from Taylor, but those Morris twins....
You didn't see anything from the Morris twins? Did you ever watch Darnell Jackson as a Freshman and Sophomore?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 09:39 AM
You didn't see anything from the Morris twins? Did you ever watch Darnell Jackson as a Freshman and Sophomore?

...I have a hard time finding anything good about them. Seem like a pair of hot-headed Rasheed Wallaces...

Reerun_KC
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
...I have a hard time finding anything good about them. Seem like a pair of hot-headed Rasheed Wallaces...

I agree... Manning has his work cut out for him... I am not impressed at all by their play or attitudes. I think they suck all around....

They have missed more bunnies that a queer at the bunny ranch...

Ultra Peanut
03-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Collins has got to test the waters....this is a weak draft and he isn't getting any taller...Yeah. At the very least, he should pull an Anderson/Dozier and go to the camps. You can always pull your name out.

Aldrich needs to go if he gets anything close to a lottery grade.

wild1
03-28-2009, 09:55 AM
it's silly for aldrich to make the biggest decision of his life based on a temporary problem like father's unemployment.

collins, however, does not have the size to play in the NBA and would be best served to get himself drafted as high as possible because he won't stick around in the league.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 10:00 AM
What would be a bigger...losing Cole, or losing Sherron?

I personally feel Cole would be a bigger lost...I would be okay with Tyshawn running the offense...he is no Sherron...but I trust Tyshawn with the ball more than I trust the Morris' with the ball...

Ari Chi3fs
03-28-2009, 10:02 AM

KU is gonna hire his dad as VP of Basketball Management or some shit. lol

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 10:03 AM

...ha...Ronnie Chalmers started it!

Lzen
03-28-2009, 10:04 AM

I have been hearing for awhile that Morningstar will pay for his own. Hope that is the case. :)

Ari Chi3fs
03-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I have been hearing for awhile that Morningstar will pay for his own. Hope that is the case. :)

He should... cuz he STOLE scholarship money last night. heh

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 10:09 AM

I think they are going to put him in charge of the basketballs.

J Diddy
03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
it's silly for aldrich to make the biggest decision of his life based on a temporary problem like father's unemployment.

collins, however, does not have the size to play in the NBA and would be best served to get himself drafted as high as possible because he won't stick around in the league.

exactly[/mugsy bogues]

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 10:25 AM

That would take care of Stephenson but they have at least two others.

Craqhead
03-28-2009, 10:25 AM

Raleford comes too mind...

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 10:26 AM
...and Thomas

Craqhead
03-28-2009, 10:29 AM
IMO if Aldrich was raised right, he will go pro. As much as I would love to see him back at KU & KU making another run at the title, it is more important for Aldrich to think of his parents first (father unemployed, mother only working PT) and help them out since he is in a position to do because of his athletic talent. Yes, I read his father's comments about he not wanting Cole basing his decision on his family's financial situation. But in the end I think Cole will realize even if he plays in Europe or the D-League, he will be able to help his parents out.

IMO Cole's eligibility will expire before the economy improves, he is able to and should go pro to help his parents.

I think if he stays one more year he would be the number 1 pick over all. Wait a year and get what 5 Million more dollars +?

Craqhead
03-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Brady will give up his, and maybe thomas will transfer.

GAWD!!! I hope Thomas doesn't transfer. He's gonna be rock'n next year.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 10:32 AM
GAWD!!! I hope Thomas doesn't transfer. He's gonna be rock'n next year.

Where are you seeing this? I wasn't THAT impressed with him...hell, I hardly saw him play...

Craqhead
03-28-2009, 10:32 AM

We saw flashes from them aswell... altho they were very few and very far between.

KC Jones
03-28-2009, 10:34 AM
I think if he stays one more year he would be the number 1 pick over all. Wait a year and get what 5 Million more dollars +?

It's a tough call and I won't blame him either way. I do think he's not really ready for the NBA, but his potential is so obvious he's at least a top 20 pick right now. How do you make the call between big money now and a chance to help your family versus huge money next year and more likely to succeed immediately but with the risk of an injury or something like that?

:shrug:

Thig Lyfe
03-28-2009, 11:44 AM
If I were to guess, I'd say Cole is staying and Sherron will bounce.

That's, like, the worst guess ever.

Cole is a lottery pick right now. Sherron will be a mid-to-late second rounder. Who has more of a reason to go?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2009, 11:59 AM
That's, like, the worst guess ever.

Cole is a lottery pick right now. Sherron will be a mid-to-late second rounder. Who has more of a reason to go?

Worst guess ever...?

Sherron has a family to support...
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/oct/13/sixmonthold_son_motivates_kus_collins/

BWillie
03-28-2009, 12:05 PM

Naw, but it would be smart for the Aldrich's to move to the Greater Lawrence area. Hell, if you say you are Cole Aldrich's dad in an interview any where in KS you area going to get your ass a job. And that's not even cheating.

BWillie
03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Raleford comes too mind...

I really don't think Releford is goin' anywhere. Could be wrong. Best candidate for a transfer is QT. I think he's gone. So if Brady pays his own way and there is one transfer, I still don't see how we make room for Lance. Unless one of THEE TWO go pro. The thing about the Morris twins is, even if one of them is really happy here. If the other one wants to transfer, they would both go together. Personally, I want the Morris twins to stick around. We have to remember they are only freshman.