PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Herm Edwards got a job as a Head Coach for another team

Dave Lane
03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
And by team I mean NFL team would you go rub it in?? The Jet fans tried to warn us would you do the same thing???

BryanBusby
03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
What's a Herm?

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I would warn those poor souls. And be completely non-troll about it. Herm is an NFL epidemic. First New York, now Kansas City. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, a website should be started.

Dave Lane
03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I'd have to go warn them unless it was the Donks or Faiders then OMG!!! ROFL

Ultra Peanut
03-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Sweet Jesus, that would be amazing.

RustShack
03-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Please Al Davis please!

seclark
03-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Sweet Jesus, that would be amazing.

yes.
sec

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I actually hope he gets a coaching gig again. He is entertaining as hell. I'm sure he has learned nothing and would go out and look for another game management QB and start building a Cover 2.

Bearcat
03-28-2009, 12:55 PM
And by team I mean NFL team would you go rub it in?? The Jet fans tried to warn us would you do the same thing???

I'd go and see what they were saying, and then lol at anyone saying crap like 'but he wasn't given a fair chance at his other gigs' and 'but he's never even had a decent QB'. And then if they didn't respond well to the facts, like being an awful gameday coach, I'd rub it in a little and tell them to come on over to CP in a few years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
03-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't bother. Herm isn't worth the effort.

DeezNutz
03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't find Herm entertaining in the least.

I don't like lying sacks of shit who have an aversion to personal accountability.

Crush
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Who?

/obligatory

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 01:09 PM

I don't like lying sacks of shit who have an aversion to personal accountability.

He's more entertaining when he's not destroying your football team.

Nzoner
03-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't say a word,I didn't give a damn when he was here and am just glad that period is over.

wild1
03-28-2009, 01:15 PM
nothing to worry about. he was the worst head coach in the NFL last year and i doubt he will get another chance.

tonyetony
03-28-2009, 01:18 PM
I might go to a site or two just for kicks. Some of the fans unfounded optimism in the face of impending doom might be worth a laugh. Wait a second, I change my mind, why aggravate my PTSD.

wild1
03-28-2009, 01:23 PM
no fan base deserves that. you might as well take a 3 or 4 year vacation

If you count his tenure and the time it takes to recover from it, Herm will have destroyed this franchise for 5 years

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I just want to see him hired and hear one fan say "This is great we need a defense and Herm can give us that."

tonyetony
03-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I just want to see him hired and hear one fan say "This is great we need a defense and Herm can give us that."

:D What if he goes to the Arena league. I could just see him grinding it out in front 150 fans.

Crush
03-28-2009, 01:33 PM
:D What if he goes to the Arena league. I could just see him grinding it out in front 150 fans.

I would pay to see that.

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I would buy season tickets to a Herm-coached Arena team.

And write editorials for free.

Dave Lane
03-28-2009, 01:37 PM

How do you really feel?? Don't hold back now!!! ROFL

tonyetony
03-28-2009, 01:39 PM
I would buy season tickets to a Herm-coached Arena team.

And write editorials for free.

The funniest thing about that statement is your not even being sarcastic.

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Herm would revolutionize Arena ball by milking the clock and keeping the score low. The clock so rarely stops in Arena ball, it would be perfect for him.

75 points, that's a lot of points, now!

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 01:42 PM
The field is so small in Arena league....Cover 2 would destroy every offense!

Herm could dial up Bobby Sippio.

tonyetony
03-28-2009, 01:44 PM
ROFLThe field is so small in Arena league....Cover 2 would destroy every offense!

Herm could dial up Bobby Sippio.

ROFL ok stop now I cant take it.

DaWolf
03-28-2009, 01:44 PM
I'd be more concerned with whether our new guy was winning. It's great Jets fans felt liberated, but they got stuck with Mangina...

GoHuge
03-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Slow day on CP.....ZZZZ! Lets start a real out there hypothetical specualtion what does your conscience tell you to do thread.

You've been screwing your best friend's GF for years and the kid he thinks is his is really yours. He tells you he wants to marry her and you to be his best man. What do you tell him?

Crush
03-28-2009, 01:48 PM
It is my firm belief that Herm would actually kill the Arena League. He is a cancer and he is a menace to the game of football. There needs to be universal restraining order against him from coming close to any kind of football field ever again.

Crush
03-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Slow day on CP.....ZZZZ! Lets start a real out there hypothetical specualtion what does your conscience tell you to do thread.

You've been screwing your best friend's GF for years and the kid he thinks is his is really yours. He tells you he wants to marry her and you to be his best man. What do you tell him?

"Hey bro, I have tickets to Maury."

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 01:50 PM
I'd be more concerned with whether our new guy was winning. It's great Jets fans felt liberated, but they got stuck with Mangina...

You have to have a transitional head coach after Herm...you can't go straight from complete suck to winning. It would be like staying on the bottom of the ocean for two weeks and then coming straight up to the surface without decompressing. You'd get the bends, or if you win six games in two years, you might explosively decompress. Fortunately Chiefs fans started decompressing when Herm was hired.......the smart ones anyway. They knew it wouldn't be long until Herm got Carl fired! Come to think of it, maybe we can send Carl and Herm to the bottom of the ocean in a sub and then blast it toward the surface at 30 knots

chiefzilla1501
03-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Good grief. Herm Edwards is not that bad. He will probably coach somewhere else and if he has good coordinators and a strong ownership in place, he'll probably end up a 9-7 coach who never gets the team to the Super Bowl.

He's not a great coach but he's not a bad one either. Anyone who thinks any coach had any kind of chance to make the playoffs with the situation this team was in in 2005 is out of their minds.

It's amazing the extent people will despise the people they hate and overrate the people they love.

TinyEvel
03-28-2009, 01:53 PM
WHen we hired Herm, I did a job with a Jets fan and he warned me.

He said "You'll see." "You'll see."

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Herm Edwards is not that bad...he'll probably end up a 9-7 coach who never gets the team to the Super Bowl.

You just contradicted yourself.

Crush
03-28-2009, 01:56 PM
There are still Herm defenders? Who knew?

DeezNutz
03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Good grief. Herm Edwards is not that bad. He will probably coach somewhere else and if he has good coordinators and a strong ownership in place, he'll probably end up a 9-7 coach who never gets the team to the Super Bowl.

He's not a great coach but he's not a bad one either. Anyone who thinks any coach had any kind of chance to make the playoffs with the situation this team was in in 2005 is out of their minds.

It's amazing the extent people will despise the people they hate and overrate the people they love.

Correct. He's not bad.

He's ****ing abysmal.

Alas, I'm done talking about this sack.

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Correct. He's not bad.

He's ****ing abysmal.

Alas, I'm done talking about this sack.

Don't stop now. I'm so close.....so close.....hhhhhhhhrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh....keep going....almost there...

Crush
03-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Herm Edwards is fucking pathetic and that is the final word.

MichaelH
03-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I would be more amazed that a team would give him another head coaching job.

wild1
03-28-2009, 03:24 PM
There are still Herm defenders? Who knew?

there still were some through the beginning of last year. they all flip flopped pretty fast

Pioli Zombie
03-28-2009, 03:35 PM
What GM other than Matt Millen would ever hire him?
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
03-28-2009, 03:39 PM
I would be more amazed that a team would give him another head coaching job.

This. I seriously, seriously doubt that he'll coach again. Networks are beating down his door.

orange
03-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I would warn those poor souls. And be completely non-troll about it.

:D That's really funny.

You might even TRY to be a non-troll, but you can only defy your true nature for a short time.

It's like the parable about the Scorpion and the Frog.

chiefzilla1501
03-28-2009, 04:36 PM
You just contradicted yourself.

No, I didn't. 9-7 is average. It's not great. It's not bad.

Herm Edwards has proven that he's a 9-7 coach when he has talent on his team. He's an average coach. Not nearly as bad as people say. I still believe that Carl Peterson is responsible for the vast majority of problems in Kansas City today. And I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that given how shitty Peterson drafted between 1999-2004, that very few coaches would have had any kind of success in 2005-2008.

People hate Peterson but don't seem to want to acknowledge how badly he destroyed this team through horrible personnel decisions during the Vermeil years.

PastorMikH
03-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I'd probably make a comment to fans I met along the lines of, "I sure hope he does better for you than he did for us."

DeezNutz
03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Peterson was a joke. No one is denying this.

But Herm was just as bad. To scrape the surface: 1. He hitched his wagon to Croyle. Stop for a minute and think about this. Yes, Herm's that ****ing stupid. 2. He can't coach a defense to save his ass. How many 300 yard rushing games need to demonstrate this? How many historically sackless years do we need to have, as well?

It's Gun's fault! It's Carl's fault!

Yeah, and it's also Herm ****ing Edwards' fault. But you'll never hear his pussy ass make that admission of truth.

GoHuge
03-28-2009, 04:53 PM
What Herm should have done is pull a Cartman on everybody in the organization (especially Carl) to make sure it was done his way. F**k, shit, ass, bitch, respect my f**kin authoritah!!!

At least then he could own all the probs. He more or less said he didn't want Gun, when he was interviewed by KK, but regardless ultimately it all falls to him.

MichaelH
03-28-2009, 05:46 PM
What Herm should have done is pull a Cartman on everybody in the organization (especially Carl) to make sure it was done his way. F**k, shit, ass, bitch, respect my f**kin authoritah!!!

At least then he could own all the probs. He more or less said he didn't want Gun, when he was interviewed by KK, but regardless ultimately it all falls to him.

But that wasn't his way. He's an asskisser that would be better in politics than coaching. He's gone and I moved on months ago. I don't care where he lands or what he does. Life is better now that he isn't anywhere near the Kansas City Chiefs.

chiefzilla1501
03-28-2009, 06:21 PM

But that's exactly the point. Based on everything we've heard after Peterson was fired, Herm insisted on a rebuild years ago but Peterson resisted every step of the way. There is nothing you as a head coach can do when your GM refuses to do something. No matter which way you slice it, no decision in Kansas City can be made without Peterson signing off on it. That means hiring and keeping crappy coordinators like Gun and Solari should have been nixed by Peterson. Shame on the ownership for not working around flaws we knew he had. They knew he was a horrible offensive coach and yet hired an inexperienced offensive coordinator anyway. They knew he loves the Tampa 2 and yet hired a coordinator who had no experience running the system. Regardless of how much input Herm had on these decisions, the front office had the power to nix these decisions. I believe that if Peterson listened about rebuilding sooner, and if he surrounded Herm with real coordinators the Chiefs could have been an "average" team. Not great. Not bad. Average.

Here's the deal. Clark Hunt has not shown any loyalty to ANYbody. He is not afraid to cut people and not afraid to fire coaches and GMs. And yet he immediately fired Peterson but took forever to fire Herm. That speaks volumes about what was really going on in Arrowhead. From everything we've heard, Herm was vocal about getting younger and rebuilding, Peterson resisted, and eventually Herm had his way in 2008 and got the rebuild he wanted... but it was one year too late. Herm made mistakes, but a lot of things we blame him for are more to blame on Peterson. And Clark Hunt seems to know this.

DaFace
03-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I was pissed off when Jets fans came here doing the same, and I'd think less of any of those who troll other teams sites doing it.

Crush
03-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Hiring Herm Edwards as your coach is the NFL equivalent of the NCAA Death Penalty.

milkman
03-28-2009, 06:30 PM
But that's exactly the point. Based on everything we've heard after Peterson was fired, Herm insisted on a rebuild years ago but Peterson resisted every step of the way. There is nothing you as a head coach can do when your GM refuses to do something. No matter which way you slice it, no decision in Kansas City can be made without Peterson signing off on it. That means hiring and keeping crappy coordinators like Gun and Solari should have been nixed by Peterson. Shame on the ownership for not working around flaws we knew he had. They knew he was a horrible offensive coach and yet hired an inexperienced offensive coordinator anyway. They knew he loves the Tampa 2 and yet hired a coordinator who had no experience running the system. Regardless of how much input Herm had on these decisions, the front office had the power to nix these decisions. I believe that if Peterson listened about rebuilding sooner, and if he surrounded Herm with real coordinators the Chiefs could have been an "average" team. Not great. Not bad. Average.

Here's the deal. Clark Hunt has not shown any loyalty to ANYbody. He is not afraid to cut people and not afraid to fire coaches and GMs. And yet he immediately fired Peterson but took forever to fire Herm. That speaks volumes about what was really going on in Arrowhead. From everything we've heard, Herm was vocal about getting younger and rebuilding, Peterson resisted, and eventually Herm had his way in 2008 and got the rebuild he wanted... but it was one year too late. Herm made mistakes, but a lot of things we blame him for are more to blame on Peterson. And Clark Hunt seems to know this.

I don't give a rat's ass about any of that as it relates to Herman fucking Edwards.

Herman fucking Edwards is a suckass game day coach and misuses players on the field.

I don't fucking care if he can get a team to 9-7 every year, he still sucks ass.

Crush
03-28-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about any of that as it relates to Herman ****ing Edwards.

Herman ****ing Edwards is a suckass game day coach and misuses players on the field.

I don't ****ing care if he can get a team to 9-7 every year, he still sucks ass.

I concur.

rockymtnchief
03-28-2009, 07:16 PM
I would just look forward to an easy win somewhere down the road.

Dave Lane
03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I was pissed off when Jets fans came here doing the same, and I'd think less of any of those who troll other teams sites doing it.

God wouldn't you want to at least give them a warning. I think I would have to.

Dave Lane
03-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I would just look forward to an easy win somewhere down the road.

Rep!!

DaFace
03-29-2009, 11:45 AM

Did you appreciate it when we had 20 Jets fans on here giving us "warnings?" It's fucking annoying. We knew Herm's issues when he was hired. We didn't need any pompous asses of fans coming here to tell us all about them. I basically stayed away from the Planet that entire offseason because you couldn't open a thread without someone talking about how horrible he was.

It's fine - it's all the truth - but if you can't try and be optimistic as a fan, what's the point in being a fan?

milkman
03-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Did you appreciate it when we had 20 Jets fans on here giving us "warnings?" It's ****ing annoying. We knew Herm's issues when he was hired. We didn't need any pompous asses of fans coming here to tell us all about them. I basically stayed away from the Planet that entire offseason because you couldn't open a thread without someone talking about how horrible he was.

It's fine - it's all the truth - but if you can't try and be optimistic as a fan, what's the point in being a fan?

Who isn't optimistic?

This team has sucked for 30+ years (Yes, including the Marty years), and they will suck this year.

But I know that some day, maybe even in my lifetime, they won't suck.

On a side note, this thread begs the question, where is D2112?

ILChief
03-29-2009, 01:45 PM

We don't need to. His W-L record should be warning enough

KCBOSS1
03-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I say that he will do commentary for a few years...kinda fade....he'll realize that he's not marketable as a head coach and somebody will bring him in as a defensive coordinator. just my take.

chiefzilla1501
03-30-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't give a rat's ass about any of that as it relates to Herman ****ing Edwards.

Herman ****ing Edwards is a suckass game day coach and misuses players on the field.

I don't ****ing care if he can get a team to 9-7 every year, he still sucks ass.

I agree on the gameday aspect, but read all Herm criticism and you know it goes beyond that. He's judged by win-losses in spite of the fact that the team he was handed was fucked from the start. He's blamed for personnel mistakes made before he came into the fold. I just think blame should be handed out fairly.

His gameday decisions costed him his job. And 9-7 was never good enough. But 9-7 isn't suckass. It's average. And I'm glad this team isn't settling for average, but to Herm's credit, he stuck to his guns and committed to developing youth and he was instrumental in forcing this team to go through a painful rebuild. Regardless of how much anyone hates Herm, it's hard to dispute that after his watch, the team is in a really good position to start building for the future. And most NFL experts even said that even before Pioli was hired and Herm's job was ever in jeopardy.

Baconeater
03-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Who isn't optimistic?

This team has sucked for 30+ years (Yes, including the Marty years), and they will suck this year.

But I know that some day, maybe even in my lifetime, they won't suck.

On a side note, this thread begs the question, where is D2112?
There was something about him losing a bet and not being able to post in DC anymore, and he's hardly posted here since.

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2009, 12:36 AM
There was something about him losing a bet and not being able to post in DC anymore, and he's hardly posted here since.

Wow. That's too bad.

DC is the devil.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2009, 03:27 AM
Well I would hope they wouldnt pound their chests like many did here about "stealing" a coach.... ROFL The bashing Jets fans took when they tried to politely warn Chiefs fans about Herm...

Many on here thought we just signed Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson all rolled up in one.....

I would warn them and offer them some support...

Reerun_KC
03-30-2009, 03:33 AM

You can die in a mother fucking fire with Herm.... That sorry sack of shit wrecked this franchise to depths I never though was possible...

Herm can fucking rot in hell for the torture he put this fanbase and franchise through...

His totally inept coaching style is fucking worthless in the NFL...

Otter
03-30-2009, 06:43 AM

You're not by any chance sheltered in a bunker on a south pacific island waiting for word from the emperor that you've won the war and it's time to return home are you?

KCtotheSB
03-30-2009, 06:55 AM
I'd keep my distance and not warn any fans from the other team unless I knew them personally. However, I'd tune in to that team's message boards from time to time when I get bored just to relive the pain that we suffered through. Then I'd clamp some jumper cables to my nipples and turn on my car, because I love pain.

Tiger's Fan
03-30-2009, 07:04 AM
I agree on the gameday aspect, but read all Herm criticism and you know it goes beyond that. He's judged by win-losses in spite of the fact that the team he was handed was ****ed from the start. He's blamed for personnel mistakes made before he came into the fold. I just think blame should be handed out fairly.

His gameday decisions costed him his job. And 9-7 was never good enough. But 9-7 isn't suckass. It's average. And I'm glad this team isn't settling for average, but to Herm's credit, he stuck to his guns and committed to developing youth and he was instrumental in forcing this team to go through a painful rebuild. Regardless of how much anyone hates Herm, it's hard to dispute that after his watch, the team is in a really good position to start building for the future. And most NFL experts even said that even before Pioli was hired and Herm's job was ever in jeopardy.

Herm thought the team was 85% built, you fucking moron. Please go fulfill your destiny and be a goddamn raider fan, dumbfuck.

Skip Towne
03-30-2009, 08:27 AM
I say that he will do commentary for a few years...kinda fade....he'll realize that he's not marketable as a head coach and somebody will bring him in as a defensive coordinator. just my take.

He can't do that either.

Dave Lane
03-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Seriously is this KCJ or what? I don't get anyone expressing anything but relief that he's gone.

htismaqe
03-30-2009, 09:15 AM

The Jet fans didn't try to warn us.

They came over here and patronized us, treated us like red-headed step children and patted us on the head.

"It'll be alright little buddy."

Screw that. Regardless of whether or not they were right about Herm (and they were) it was still annoying and unneeded. I would certainly hope people from this board wouldn't engage in similar behavior.

htismaqe
03-30-2009, 09:19 AM
there still were some through the beginning of last year. they all flip flopped pretty fast

Because some of us had been waiting 25 years to see young players get a chance to play. And then we found out that the whole youth movement was a scam...

Dave Lane
03-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Because some of us had been waiting 25 years to see young players get a chance to play. And then we found out that the whole youth movement was a scam...

I like the youth movement maybe just not all at once and maybe with a competent head coach.