PDA

View Full Version : Kirwan Mock Draft 3/28/09

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Mock draft 5.0: New No. 1 overall pick, but it's still not Stafford (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f7a9fe&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

3.Chiefs Brian Orakpo

DE/LB

Texas

After Orakpo's pro day this past week, this is an easy decision for a team starving for a pass rusher in its new 3-4 defense. It would not surprise me if the Chiefs moved down in order to get more picks.
Second round: No pick

Nightfyre
03-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Where is that suicide smiley/

chiefs1111
03-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Oh brother

DaneMcCloud
03-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Pat Kirwan should never be allowed to make a mock draft, ever again.

chiefs1111
03-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh and how about this user comment:

Thank you for not coddleing to stafford, i've seen alot of his games and i know how inconsistent he is. Next year will be so top heavy for Qb's. Why pick your future on a sub par QB when next yr will give you options like Cult McCoy. It's not like detroit is qoing to the super bowl next year. If the Lions get an good lineman and then a good defensive player next yr they can trade up to get the best QB. The lions could be good for ten years if they follow my advice.

ChiefsCountry
03-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Since he took the Jets so many Super Bowls
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-28-2009, 07:09 PM

Thank you for not coddleing to stafford, i've seen alot of his games and i know how inconsistent he is. Next year will be so top heavy for Qb's. Why pick your future on a sub par QB when next yr will give you options like Cult McCoy. It's not like detroit is qoing to the super bowl next year. If the Lions get an good lineman and then a good defensive player next yr they can trade up to get the best QB. The lions could be good for ten years if they follow my advice.

LMAO

bdeg
03-28-2009, 07:13 PM
"The lions could be good for ten years if they follow my advice."

That's the best part lol.

Future GM right there.

Nightfyre
03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
"The lions could be good for ten years if they follow my advice."

That's the best part lol.

Future GM FOR THE LIONS right there.

Fyp.

bdeg
03-28-2009, 07:20 PM
hahaha, if he drives a Ford he's a shoe-in.

B_Ambuehl
03-29-2009, 09:22 PM
I agree with his prediction that we'll take Orakpo (or possibly Everette Brown) at #3 if we don't trade down. There's no way we can come out of this draft without a pass rusher and without a 2nd round pick chances are good that Barwin, Sidbury et. al will all be gone by the time we pick again in the 3rd. I think Orakpo's sorta been a victim of being compared to Gholston and a lot of things have been said about him that aren't really true. For example, there's a rumor that he "disappeared entirely" in against OSU in the fiesta bowl. The highlights starting at 2:03 in this video seem to indicate otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTelDHwUwY

Trading down seems to be the best option but it's likely they'll have to throw away the draft chart in order to do so.

FD
03-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I agree with his prediction that we'll take Orakpo (or possibly Everette Brown) at #3 if we don't trade down. There's no way we can come out of this draft without a pass rusher and without a 2nd round pick chances are good that Barwin, Sidbury et. al will all be gone by the time we pick again in the 3rd. I think Orakpo's sorta been a victim of being compared to Gholston and a lot of things have been said about him that aren't really true. For example, there's a rumor that he "disappeared entirely" in against OSU in the fiesta bowl. The highlights starting at 2:03 in this video seem to indicate otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTelDHwUwY

Trading down seems to be the best option but it's likely they'll have to throw away the draft chart in order to do so.

I dont think that video helps his cause much. It basically shows that he only got one sack in the game, and it was with 6 seconds left.

I'm a Texas fan and I watched that game very intently, my belief going in was that Orakpo was an essential part of our defense stopping OSU. Well, we won, but we didn't really stop them, and Orakpo did basically nothing that game.

htismaqe
03-30-2009, 09:25 AM

You call this year's QB's "sub par" but want them to take one next year?

ROFL

keg in kc
03-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I think I'd rather have Curry.

htismaqe
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
I think I'd rather have Curry.

I KNOW I'd rather have Curry.

Orakpo has classic "Texas bust" written all over him.

keg in kc
03-30-2009, 10:22 AM
And Curry has "Donnie Edwards" written all over him.

In sharpie.

philfree
03-30-2009, 10:32 AM

In sharpie.

I like Edwards but that is another awful comparison. Curry is bigger and more physical then Edwards. He's much stronger at the point of attack.

PhilFree:arrow:

keg in kc
03-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I like Edwards but that is another awful comparison. Curry is bigger and more physical then Edwards. He's much stronger at the point of attack. You don't have much in the way of imagination, do you.

philfree
03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
You don't have much in the way of imagination, do you.

Oh no. I have quite the imagination. Why would suggest such a thing about someone you've never even met?

Mr. Krab
03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Yucky. Orakpo :shake:

keg in kc
03-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh no. I have quite the imagination. Why would suggest such a thing about someone you've never even met?Because you're not demonstrating much when you take me (of all people) literally.

Spicy McHaggis
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM

In sharpie.

Well, he did pass out with his shoes on.

Mr. Krab
03-30-2009, 10:54 AM

In sharpie.
Not even close, Curry is much more physical than Edwards and DJ.

keg in kc
03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Not even close, Curry is much more physical than Edwards and DJ.No shit.

Man you guys are obtuse today. Must be a case of the mondays.

philfree
03-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Because you're not demonstrating much when you take me (of all people) literally.

Oops! Conditioned Response?

Mecca
03-30-2009, 02:21 PM
If we draft Orakpo I will be pretty close to calling this a really shitty offseason after the promising start.

Al Bundy
03-30-2009, 02:44 PM
I hate Tampa's pick... Penn State players never turn out worth a crap.

raybec 4
03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Not even close, Curry is much more physical than Edwards and DJ.

The only way he could be less physical than those two would be to become a defensive back and change his name to Surtain.

raybec 4
03-30-2009, 03:10 PM
No shit.

Man you guys are obtuse today. Must be a case of the mondays.

Man, you just might get your ass kicked if you said that where I work.

Tribal Warfare
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Man, you just might get your ass kicked if you said that where I work.

a lot of female co-workers?

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2009, 05:35 PM
a lot of female co-workers?

Office Space

PhillyChiefFan
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
I KNOW I'd rather have Curry.

Orakpo has classic "Texas bust" written all over him.

Orakpo = Gholston 2009.

13 Tackles 0 Sacks.

DaneMcCloud
04-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Orakpo = Gholston 2009.

13 Tackles 0 Sacks.

T

H

I

S

milkman
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM

In sharpie.

I like Edwards but that is another awful comparison. Curry is bigger and more physical then Edwards. He's much stronger at the point of attack.

I actually agree with Phil here.

I think that a good comparison to Curry would be Harry Carson.