PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Johnson and McNamara all over again

HonestChieffan
03-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Obummers VietNam....ignore the fighters, do the "advisor" dance...slow escalation....fall deeper and deeper...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29927145/

Jenson71
03-28-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm glad it's now considered trendy for the right to question military efforts, and even shockingly bring comparisons to Vietnam in the picture.

mikey23545
03-28-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm glad it's now considered trendy for the right to question military efforts, and even shockingly bring comparisons to Vietnam in the picture.

Yes, thank God no one tried that with the last administration....

banyon
03-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Jesus, now you're worried about the effects of war? Haven't you spend the last 7 years cheerleading it?

Cannibal
03-28-2009, 09:01 PM

You have brought up a very valid point.

HonestChieffan
03-29-2009, 10:16 AM
For those who lived VietNam its more clear than those who saw it on TV or in a movie.

Jenson71
03-29-2009, 10:53 AM
For those who lived VietNam its more clear than those who saw it on TV or in a movie.

How so?

wild1
03-29-2009, 12:32 PM
It's amusing that when he was running for president the surge was a bad idea, it wouldn't work, then it did work but he still wouldn't have done it. But now he's trying a surge in Afghanistan.

I don't feel this is a sincere effort, the war on terror as an earnest effort to crush and extinguish al queda and global terrorism ended with his election. It's a parlor trick to contrast his groveling to Iran and such.

This is a man who I feel understands very little about the rest of the world, he's an academic, the military aspect of all of this is over his head. He didn't even know in the campaign what language is spoken in Afghanistan. I doubt he feels there is much difference between Iraq and Afghanistan, when in reality the two places have little in common.

Didn't he also promise us a clear plan to find Bin Laden, where's that?

HonestChieffan
03-29-2009, 12:34 PM
How so?

Ask a vet face to face.

Jenson71
03-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Ask a vet face to face.

Are you a Vietnam vet?

jAZ
03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Obama is comes in and focuses our military back on fighting the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11, and people dare to bitch about it?

Holy shit, you people have no integrity do you?

I'm not stupid enough to think that this is going to be easy. It could easily be akin to Vietnam, but let's get real. This is where we should have kept the fight all of the last 8 years.

wild1
03-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Obama is comes in and focuses our military back on fighting the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11, and people dare to bitch about it?

Since it's a dog and pony show.

Most people live within the bounds of reality and know that Obama's commitment to fighting terrorism will not be anywhere near what it was before. Most of us know the ROE will get more restrictive, interrogation gets more restrictive, and it is not a major long-term objective of the administration anyway.

BucEyedPea
03-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
The Taliban's not our enemy either.