PDA

View Full Version : Life Who working in this shitty weather

big nasty kcnut
03-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I am plus i won't get out till 4 a.m. Maybe. This sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

LiL stumppy
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
got done right before the rain turned to snow

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't work in bad weather. It's no fun.

Baconeater
03-28-2009, 09:00 PM
It's not shitty here.

MIAdragon
03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
yup this blows, 77deg and a few scattered clouds WTF :cuss:

big nasty kcnut
03-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm in tulsa. Worst part is i wont get to see my stripper friend.

BWillie
03-28-2009, 09:20 PM
i'm drinking in the shitty weather. does that count? I like going out when it's cold and snowy. Less douchebags at the bar and less crowds.

Count Alex's Losses
03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
What bad weather? The weather here kicked ass today. Clear skies and 60 degrees.

Al Bundy
03-28-2009, 09:28 PM
I worked from 11 am till right around 7. drove in it was sleeting, left and it was snowing.

Captain Obvious
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I feel bad for Who.

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm in tulsa. Worst part is i wont get to see my stripper friend.

Is she hot?

bdeg
03-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Working a full day tomorrow open to close at the 'Wonder Bakery Outlet'. But in this weather I will have 20 customers and have to work for an hour max. With Sprint's wireless next door and my laptop it makes for a pretty sweet part-time job.

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Working a full day tomorrow open to close at the 'Wonder Bakery Outlet'. But in this weather I will have 20 customers and have to work for an hour max. With Sprint's wireless next door and my laptop it makes for a pretty sweet part-time job.

Doyou sell "day old" bread?

bdeg
03-28-2009, 10:07 PM
we do in fact sell expired bread. It's not one of our main items but we sell it 5 loaves in a bag for a buck.

We also get fresh bread and cake off the truck three times a week. Luckily, I no longer work those mornings :)

It's pretty crazy though. I'd never heard of the place before I got the job through a temp agency last summer. They're not even listed in the phonebook. I needed a summer job, and it's worked out so I kept it.

Skip Towne
03-28-2009, 10:10 PM
we do in fact sell expired bread. It's not one of our main items but we sell it 5 loaves a bag for a buck.

We also get fresh bread and cake off the truck three times a week. Luckily, I no longer work those mornings :)

I bought a loaf of "day old" bread the other day but it wasn't supposed to be.

bdeg
03-28-2009, 10:12 PM
That's no good. Always check, and grab a loaf from the back if there is more than one row. This goes for all perishable food items. Working at a place like this, let me tell you freshness makes a huge difference. When our cake gets close to expiring it's hardly worth eating(although I've learned the powdered donuts keep especially well. the sugar doesn't go bad and keeps the donut pretty fresh.) but when it's fresh it's still hard to beat. Vanilla zingers are the best.

And the prices... We had fresh 99 cent 20oz loaves when I started. You see that at target?

bdeg
03-28-2009, 10:18 PM
The annoying part about working there is the place is so old... we don't even have scanners. We memorize prices of all loaves and cake products. We have to price-tag all of the outside product. Then you have the price-changes.... Every couple months the district office will fax over a new price list, and we'll have to go through and re-price everything in the store. And change all the signs, and memorize all the new prices for bread and cake.

My coworker's first day he was abruptly handed a blank sheet of paper on a clipboard and told to copy down every price tag, item and price, onto the sheet. Manager was trying to help him memorize the prices.

JazzzLovr
03-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Working until 7am. Took me an hour to get here tonight. I didn't really want to be here anyway, regardless of the weather...

big nasty kcnut
03-28-2009, 10:59 PM
She nice looking and she let me eat her kitty. And finger her.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
FUCK YEAH! :rockon:

Delano
03-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Dental dammed?

Redrum_69
03-28-2009, 11:05 PM
What bad weather? The weather here kicked ass today. Clear skies and 60 degrees.

its always 69 at your moms house...

CHENZ A!
03-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO Way to go dude! You crack my shit up.

DeezNutz
03-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Sounds like a win-win for her.

StcChief
03-28-2009, 11:33 PM
what is this work thing you speak of..... :)

Stewie
03-29-2009, 07:22 AM

I couldn't live without the Wonder Bakery Outlet. Fortunately, there's one near my house. I can't live without the Beefsteak Rye and Pumpernickel and refuse to pay over $3/loaf, even at Walmart. I'm happy to pay $1.35 at WBO.

How does that place work? The bread's expiration is normally about 10 days out and is "fresh" as far as I can tell. Why does it not stay on store shelves? Not that I'm complaining.

Stewie
03-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Please be careful nut. We don't want our favorite poster to "catch" anything.

bdeg
03-29-2009, 08:37 AM
I couldn't live without the Wonder Bakery Outlet. Fortunately, there's one near my house. I can't live without the Beefsteak Rye and Pumpernickel and refuse to pay over $3/loaf, even at Walmart. I'm happy to pay $1.35 at WBO.

How does that place work? The bread's expiration is normally about 10 days out and is "fresh" as far as I can tell. Why does it not stay on store shelves? Not that I'm complaining.
We get fresh bread straight from the bakery in Davenport three times a week. We also have a truck driver that goes around to various grocery stores and pulls everything off at a (if they do their job right(sometimes))set date and drops it all off at our store.

To compare, each truck shipment is around 80 trays of bread and cake, a tray holding 5-10 loafs depending on the bread.
The route-returns come almost every day, but are usually about 10 half-filled trays.

Don't be afraid to ask the worker what day they get their trucks in, I'd go those days and get the freshest loaf you can find. If there aren't any feel free to ask the guy(or probably old lady) if they have anything fresher in back.

farmerchief
03-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Fed with the tractor and loader yesterday, kind of hard to see where the road ended and the ditch started! Very poor visability, untill after dinner.

Stewie
03-29-2009, 09:10 AM
We get fresh bread straight from the bakery in Davenport three times a week. We also have a truck driver that goes around to various grocery stores and pulls everything off at a (if they do their job right(sometimes))set date and drops it all off at our store.

To compare, each truck shipment is around 80 trays of bread and cake, a tray holding 5-10 loafs depending on the bread.
The route-returns come almost every day, but are usually about 10 half-filled trays.

Don't be afraid to ask the worker what day they get their trucks in, I'd go those days and get the freshest loaf you can find. If there aren't any feel free to ask the guy(or probably old lady) if they have anything fresher in back.

I usually dig around for the freshest bread and the expiration dates don't seem to differ more than a couple of days. The WBO I go to is VERY high traffic so there's not much old stuff that I ever see. I also assume the loaves with the black magic marker slash on the bag means it's a store return. Is that right?

Simply Red
03-29-2009, 09:23 AM
It's not shitty here.

Olathe?

bdeg
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I usually dig around for the freshest bread and the expiration dates don't seem to differ more than a couple of days. The WBO I go to is VERY high traffic so there's not much old stuff that I ever see. I also assume the loaves with the black magic marker slash on the bag means it's a store return. Is that right?

It was never explained to me why(perhaps to prevent resale), but we mark everything we put out. Sometimes returns will have a pricetag from the other store.

These things are high-traffic somewhere? Our manager hasn't gotten around to putting us in the phonebook yet despite my reminders. I gave up on that awhile ago.