PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen Honored By South Carolina Legislature

RINGLEADER
03-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Sorry if this is a report -- but I saw this on PFT this morning and thought the board would appreciate it... ;)

S. 400

A SENATE RESOLUTION
CONGRATULATING TYLER THIGPEN, THE FIRST QUARTERBACK TO PLAY FOR THE COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL TEAM, FOR HIS SUPERIOR CONTRIBUTION TO THAT TEAM, AND ON BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS OF THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, AND GRANTING HIM BEST WISHES FOR EMINENT SUCCESS AND AN EXTENDED CAREER IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.

Whereas, Tyler Thigpen, a remarkable football player for Coastal Carolina University's football team, became the first player ever from Coastal Carolina University to be selected in the National Football League Draft. He joined the elite of his sport by becoming a member of the National Football League as quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs; and

Whereas, a native of the Palmetto State, he is from Winnsboro, South Carolina. He attended Fairfield Central High School and became an ALL-South Carolina selection as a senior running back. In 2002, he selected to attend Coastal Carolina as the first quarterback in the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers history majoring in sports management. He led the Chanticleers to the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs and a Big South Conference championship. He holds the single-season and career passing records in every major statistical category at Coastal Carolina; and

Whereas, South Carolina is proud of Tyler Thigpen's outstanding achievements and is ecstatic about his becoming a member of the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League, where his excellent skills and ability are sure to distinguish him as a superb professional football player. Now, therefore,

Be it resolved by the Senate:

That the members of the Senate of the State of South Carolina, by this resolution, congratulate Tyler Thigpen, former star quarterback of the Coastal Carolina University Football team, on his exceptional contributions to that team and on becoming a member of the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League, and granting him best wishes for eminent success and an extended career in Professional Football.

Be it further resolved that a copy of this resolution be forwarded to Tyler Thigpen.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/cgi-bin/query.exe?first=DOC&querytext=400&category=Legislation&session=118&conid=4445135&result_pos=10&keyval=1180400

wilas101
03-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Nice.

I wonder how many hours of debate they spent deciding how to say "good job, tyler"

Kyle DeLexus
03-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Nice.

I wonder how many hours of debate they spent deciding how to say "good job, tyler"

78 total, they didn't know if they should put immediate success and a hall of fame career or eminent success and an extended career. In the end a few of them were Matt Cassel fans.

bowener
03-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Well fuck, if they love him that much, what do you think we can get from them in a trade?

I think 2 new snowplows and 2 tons of rock salt is a fair deal, but knowing Pioli he will rip a few utility poles and maybe, maybe we can get Stephen Colbert out of this deal.

Mr. Krab
03-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Tyler Thigpen is teh debbil.

Kyle DeLexus
03-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Well ****, if they love him that much, what do you think we can get from them in a trade?

I think 2 new snowplows and 2 tons of rock salt is a fair deal, but knowing Pioli he will rip a few utility poles and maybe, maybe we can get Stephen Colbert out of this deal.

The deal is done.

BigMeatballDave
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Thig got his 15 minutes. Back to holding the clipboard...

Christofire
03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
So they went to all that work and didn't even create "Tyler Thigpen Day" or some such thing?

InChiefsHell
03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Whereas Tyler has shown amazing prowess in the skeletal fucking arena

SNR
03-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Mecca's worse nightmare-- government documentation of Thigpen's success.

His time with the Chiefs will be in the archives forever and will live on in history. Mecca will forever hear his name being mentioned, even on his deathbed

Kyle DeLexus
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Mecca's worse nightmare-- government documentation of Thigpen's success.

His time with the Chiefs will be in the archives forever and will live on in history. Mecca will forever hear his name being mentioned, even on his deathbed

Oh Mecca was a great man if only he could have enjoyed Thigpen's success he might still be alive today.