PDA

View Full Version : Life Man Fatally Stabs Sister, Decapitates 5-Year-Old On Birthday

Pestilence
03-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Police: Man Fatally Stabs Sister, Decapitates 5-Year-Old On Birthday

MILTON, Massachusetts A man on a rampage fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister, decapitated his 5-year-old sister in front of a police officer and then turned toward his 9-year-old sister with a knife in his hand before officers shot him dead in what their chief described as "a killing field."

There was no clear motive for the events that unfolded Saturday, the day after the 5-year-old's birthday, in a tony Boston suburb that also is home to Gov. Deval Patrick. But there was no doubt at the carnage wrought by 23-year-old Kerby Revelus against his sisters in the two-family home they shared with their parents and grandmother.

Five-year-old Bianca was killed as a cake for her birthday, which investigators believe was Friday, sat on the kitchen table. Nine-year-old Sarafina dialed emergency services and watched police shoot her brother as her elder sister, 17-year-old Samantha, lay dead on the floor.

Sarafina was hospitalized Sunday with defensive wounds to her hands and stab wounds in her abdomen and one of her legs, police said.

"In policing, we see the raw human emotion every day, but to think that a human being could afflict such an atrocious, violent act on his own family is unbelievable," Milton police Chief Richard G. Wells Jr. said. "When I walked up to the first officer (on the scene), I could see the whole story right in his face. This just told me that this was something very bad."

Saturday's attack came about 24 hours after Revelus had gotten into a fistfight with a man living next door, Wells said.

"Blows were exchanged," he said. "I don't know the cause of it, but we're confident that did happen. He had been agitated in the hours that followed that, going into the day and last night."

Investigators believe Revelus targeted Samantha, a senior at Milton High School, and fatally stabbed her with a household knife while their grandmother, who neighbors say lives on the first floor, was doing laundry in the basement. The children's parents, whose identities weren't immediately revealed, were away; their mother is a nurse at a Boston hospital, Wells said.

Sarafina, a student at the Tucker Elementary School, just behind the house, called police around 5 p.m. local time. An officer on patrol in the neighborhood arrived within a minute, Wells said, and could hear an altercation inside as he reached the second floor. The police dispatcher operator tried to persuade Sarafina to open the door, but when she didn't the officer broke through.

"As the officer entered the door, (Revelus) decapitated (Bianca) in front of him," Wells said. "He actually walked into a killing field. He walked into such carnage, as far as the atrocity of it, I've never seen it."

Within moments, four officers were inside and two of them shot Revelus as he tried to get to Sarafina, Wells said. Revelus fell, still clutching the knife.

Details about the number of shots and who killed Revelus were pending the outcome of an autopsy Sunday.

Revelus had recently served jail time on a gun charge, Wells said, but the details would not be released until courts opened Monday. Neighbors said Revelus was in a car that was pulled over by police and from which one occupant threw a gun into a sewer.

Police had been called to the family's house in 2004 after a domestic violence report that Revelus had punched a woman living there, Wells said.

A neighbor, Norm Walsh, said his daughter Kate Walsh, a New Hampshire police officer, reported hearing two shots as she went outside to bring in groceries from the family car. Moments later, a blood-covered officer emerged carrying Sarafina, seeking towels to stanch her bleeding.

"It's shocking to me," said Norm Walsh, whose son is the same age as Revelus. "He played a lot of pickup hoop in the driveway."

Walsh said the family members had lived in the neighborhood for more than 20 years and were warm. They were of Haitian descent, as are many residents in the neighborhood, where Creole is spoken alongside English.

"The family is a solid family. Both parents worked; good kids. Completely makes no sense," Walsh said.

Samantha's classmates referred to her by her nickname, Princess, and remarked at her grace, class and friendliness. She had been one of about 20 students who had been at the high school Saturday afternoon to rehearse for a poetry jam on Thursday. Saturday morning, Samantha also had practiced for a school fashion show.

"She had a stage presence like you couldn't believe," classmate Kassi Stein said.

Sobbing, she added: "She had just a soft voice and everyone would lean in to hear what she was saying."

In one of the poems Samantha was to recite, "Acquaintance," she wrote of the strength of women in the face of "ignorant souls."

The poem closed, "So what lousy wind brought you here? What values you offer? She's a woman, a queen, a goddess. Don't treat her like any other."

A two-hour grief counseling session was held at the school Sunday afternoon and will be offered Monday to students and employees.

The officers involved in the case were placed on administrative leave and were receiving counseling from the Boston Police Department.

:shake: JFC

ChiTown
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
It's stories like this that make me want to lose my Faith in Humanity

How friggen sad........

Dave Lane
Good grief WTF??

Gonzo
:(

Burn in hell douchebag, enjoy being sodomized with a pitchfork.

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 10:45 AM
the garggling sound that it would make ...

doomy3
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
My God.

WilliamTheIrish
03-30-2009, 10:48 AM
That's a nice, happy Monday morning around the water cooler story.

Ebolapox
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
jesus fucking christ. that's fucked up.

Otter
03-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Do people keep posting these morbid stories because it makes them feel better about their own life? If not, why?

Frazod
03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Sounds like we need to outlaw knives immediately!

Kerberos
03-30-2009, 11:07 AM
It seems to me that something is definitely wrong with this. Dude must have been in a half diluted Crack Jones and lost his frickin mind.

Not JUST Why in Gods name would you do something like this... But HOW in gods name could you do it to a sibling? And a 5 year old to boot?

I'm with ChiTown on this as it's stories like this that make me question humanity.

Pestilence
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Do people keep posting these morbid stories because it makes them feel better about their own life? If not, why?

Umm...because it's news.

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 11:11 AM
cutting edge news

Buck
03-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Dude, wtf is wrong with people?

Ebolapox
03-30-2009, 11:18 AM
cutting edge news

penz, I know you're just out fishing, but that's pretty fucked up.

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 11:31 AM
penz, I know you're just out fishing, but that's pretty fucked up.

thx

SNR
03-30-2009, 11:36 AM
penz, I know you're just out fishing, but that's pretty ****ed up.Dude, calm down. Don't lose your head over something like this.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Dude, calm down. Don't lose your head over something like this.

ROFL

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
googling Decapitation jokes as we speak

petegz28
03-30-2009, 11:40 AM
googling Decapitation jokes as we speak

Sorry man, you're over the line now.

Bowser
What. The. Fuck.

Ebolapox

ROFL

Saulbadguy
Sorry man, you're over the neckline now.

FYP.

Pablo
03-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry man, you're over the line now.Yeah penz. You really need to cut it out.

OnTheWarpath58

LMAO

I love this place.

Pitt Gorilla
googling Decapitation jokes as we speakThey're not funny. Not in this case. A five year old girl deserves much better than that.

petegz28
I think some of you, Demon, SNR, and Saulbad really have the cooth of a pig. I think if it were someone from your family or your little girl that was decapitated your attitudes would be slightly different.

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I think some of you, Demon, SNR, and Saulbad really have the cooth of a pig. I think if it were someone from your family or your little girl that was decapitated your attitudes would be slightly different.

i dunnop My family is mayan, so we would probably just get a hoops game going

Pants
03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
i dunnop My family is mayan, so we would probably just get a hoops game going

ROFL

Oh. My. Lord.

SNR
03-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I think some of you, Demon, SNR, and Saulbad really have the cooth of a pig. I think if it were someone from your family or your little girl that was decapitated your attitudes would be slightly different.Schadenfreude, you uptight ninny. It happens.

petegz28
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Schadenfreude, you uptight ninny. It happens.

Not uptight, just not immature. You have repsect for very little in life, that much you have proven time and again. I thought more of you than this type of shit. As well as a couple others.

SNR
03-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Not uptight, just not immature. You have repsect for very little in life, that much you have proven time and again. I thought more of you than this type of shit. As well as a couple others.I love how I'm a monster because of this.

I didn't send these jokes to the families. I didn't desecrate the bodies. In fact, my first reaction was the same as 99.9% of other members on this BB, which was, "This is some sick shit."

I made the joke because it's not hurting anybody except people like you who believe in holding things sacred that don't directly affect you. It's not my fault you have a cultural meme ingrained in you to not crack a measly grin in the midst of something awful. Why should I let that bother me?

I'll tell you what, if/when my wife decide to have kids, and somebody murders them at 5 years old, I'll feel like shit. And I will physically harm anyone who makes jokes about it to my face. But I can't control things I don't know about, especially on the internet. And I would be fine with that, because the jokes weren't malicious at all. Morbid, untimely, but it in a humorous way.

Same goes for that argument we had insulting family members. You call it maturity, I call it being a stupid prick. Either way, I'm going to keep posting stuff that gets a laugh out of some members. Just look at the results.

petegz28
03-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I love how I'm a monster because of this.

I didn't send these jokes to the families. I didn't desecrate the bodies. In fact, my first reaction was the same as 99.9% of other members on this BB, which was, "This is some sick shit."

I made the joke because it's not hurting anybody except people like you who believe in holding things sacred that don't directly affect you. It's not my fault you have a cultural meme ingrained in you to not crack a measly grin in the midst of something awful. Why should I let that bother me?

I'll tell you what, if/when my wife decide to have kids, and somebody murders them at 5 years old, I'll feel like shit. And I will physically harm anyone who makes jokes about it to my face. But I can't control things I don't know about, especially on the internet. And I would be fine with that, because the jokes weren't malicious at all. Morbid, untimely, but it in a humorous way.

Same goes for that argument we had insulting family members. You call it maturity, I call it being a stupid prick. Either way, I'm going to keep posting stuff that gets a laugh out of some members. Just look at the results.

Yea, I am a stupid prick because I don't make jokes about a 5 yr old girl getting decapitated. Right......

And you are an admitted hypocrite to boot.....
You should feel real proud of yourself.

Pestilence
03-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Could you fucks not hijack my thread.....thanks. :D

Brock
03-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Wow, this thread got better all of a sudden.

SNR
03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Yea, I am a stupid prick because I don't make jokes about a 5 yr old girl getting decapitated. Right......

You should feel real proud of yourself.How am I a hypocrite? I just said I don't care about things I can't control, like people making jokes on the internet about the murder of my nonexistant daughter.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
What's up with all of these people getting their heads lopped off all of a sudden? Fucking copy cat attention whores? I don't get it at all. The savage level is on the rise big time.

Frazod
03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
What's up with all of these people getting their heads lopped off all of a sudden? Fucking copy cat attention whores? I don't get it at all. The savage level is on the rise big time.

No it isn't. We just hear about each and every isolated incident because (a) we have 50,000 fucking news media outlets competing for our attention, and (b) carnage sells.

SNR
03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
What's up with all of these people getting their heads lopped off all of a sudden? ****ing copy cat attention whores? I don't get it at all. The savage level is on the rise big time.Excuse me, but did you just say, "these people getting their heads lopped off" in that post? When you put it in those informal terms like that it sounds like you dont' even care! You ought to be ashamed of yourself for not respecting the memory of this little girl! You degenerate scum.

See how stupid this is, Pete?

BCD
03-30-2009, 12:19 PM

You should feel real proud of yourself.Dude, come down, nothing wrong with a few harmless jabs...

petegz28
03-30-2009, 12:20 PM
How am I a hypocrite? I just said I don't care about things I can't control, like people making jokes on the internet about the murder of my nonexistant daughter.

lol, you are such a douche. So someone else made you act this way, is that it?

Whatever dude, whatever.

SNR
Dude, come down, nothing wrong with a few harmless jabs...Thanks for taking a stab at the current state this thread is in.

EyePod
Not uptight, just not immature. You have repsect for very little in life, that much you have proven time and again. I thought more of you than this type of shit. As well as a couple others.

I'm glad we don't have to care what everyone else on this board thinks of us. People make jokes to take themselves further away from terrible things like this. It helps them cope.

Demonpenz
Thanks for taking a stab at the current state this thread is in.

not funny any way you slice it

Brock
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM

Whatever dude, whatever.

Come on, let's just cut it off here.

petegz28
03-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Excuse me, but did you just say, "these people getting their heads lopped off" in that post? When you put it in those informal terms like that it sounds like you dont' even care! You ought to be ashamed of yourself for not respecting the memory of this little girl! You degenerate scum.

See how stupid this is, Pete?

Dude, you are a class A scumbag and that was about the weakerst attempt at justifying your bullshit that I have seen yet.

Do whatever makes you feel good. I will just continue holding my opinion of what an asshole I think you are.

SNR
03-30-2009, 12:22 PM

Whatever dude, whatever.I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Someone made me act this way? Where did I ever say that? Isn't everybody made to act by our influences?

Look, just get off your high horse once in awhile. I guarantee you things aren't as muddy down here with the plebians as you might think.

petegz28
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't know what the **** you're talking about. Someone made me act this way? Where did I ever say that? Isn't everybody made to act by our influences?

Look, just get off your high horse once in awhile. I guarantee you things aren't as muddy down here with the plebians as you might think.

I have said my piece. No need to repeat myself. Have fun being a dickhead.

Baby Lee
Sorry man, you're over the line now.

You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.

BCD
Come on, let's just cut it off here.This situation is about to come to a head...

SNR
03-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Do whatever makes you feel good. I will just continue holding my opinion of what an asshole I think you are.Ditto.

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
My favorite royals player was Jorge Aorta

Baby Lee
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Anyone know if they've scheduled the femoral?

SNR
03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
My favorite royals player was Jorge AortaI think my least favorite Broncos player these days is Jay Cuther. I mean Cutler.

Brock
03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Is this some kind of jugularity contest?

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Some people here are spineless

SNR
03-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Is this some kind of jugularity contest?I don't know. All I know if I'm supposed to stop making jokes in this thread. I'm taking the invoking the life of the murder victims in vein.

Baby Lee
03-30-2009, 12:32 PM

Sorry, I've been tendon to other things.

EyePod
03-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I bet that guy was just tired of his sister's head games...

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I bet that guy was just tired of his sister's head games...

the articles says he was Foreigner

Baby Lee
03-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Has anyone explored the possibility that this guy was just horrifically bad at pinata?

nstygma
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
here's the brother, guess he won't be logging in anytime soon:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=411972812

the 17yr old
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9653/1ec20087edmilton0330200.jpg

Pants
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.

This isn't Nam, Smokey. There are rules.

Bowser
03-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Oh, so THIS is where the line forms for the express elevator to hell! Good, as I was getting tired of looking.....

Rain Man
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM
I saw this headline, and I must confess that it made me laugh. He beheaded a little girl, and the headline indicates that it's somehow worse because it happened on her birthday. Seriously, compared to being beheaded, isn't the birthday deal buried in the second or third decimal point?

Man reading paper, commenting to wife: My goodness, this man decapitated his little sister in front of the police. How tragic. And - OH MY GOD! HE DID IT ON HER BIRTHDAY! HER BIRTHDAY! WHAT KIND OF MAN WOULD DO BEHEAD A LITTLE GIRL ON HER BIRTHDAY!?!?!

Wife: On her birthday? Oh, that poor little girl. What a horrible thing to have happen on your birthday.

Baby Lee
03-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I saw this headline, and I must confess that it made me laugh. He beheaded a little girl, and the headline indicates that it's somehow worse because it happened on her birthday. Seriously, compared to being beheaded, isn't the birthday deal buried in the second or third decimal point?

Man reading paper, commenting to wife: My goodness, this man decapitated his little sister in front of the police. How tragic. And - OH MY GOD! HE DID IT ON HER BIRTHDAY! HER BIRTHDAY! WHAT KIND OF MAN WOULD DO BEHEAD A LITTLE GIRL ON HER BIRTHDAY!?!?!

Wife: On her birthday? Oh, that poor little girl. What a horrible thing to have happen on your birthday.
Even more, it was the day after her actual birthday, but there was leftover birthday cake out on the table.

OnTheWarpath58
03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Is this some kind of jugularity contest?

LMAO

Pants
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Seriously though, he might have been tripping on something he wasn't ready for. But I really don't know. People don't just go fucking nuts and start chopping heads off their 5 year old siblings. They don't. There's more to this story for sure.

KcFanInGA
03-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Maybe he specifically asked for no ice cream cake, and they tried to give him some. Or he was mad because the clown showed up late.

Priest31kc
03-30-2009, 02:39 PM
wow. i cannot believe this. this will bug me for a while.

so, he actually cut his 5 year old sisters head off?? how would he do that with a kitchen knife? unbelievable, thats just inhumane. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh f*** this world.

Demonpenz
03-30-2009, 02:49 PM

so, he actually cut his 5 year old sisters head off?? how would he do that with a kitchen knife? unbelievable, thats just inhumane. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh f*** this world.

With a kitchen knife he probably used the sharp side to slice the skin

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2009, 02:55 PM
sickening

Rain Man
03-30-2009, 04:43 PM

And it was on her birthday! Her birthday! That probably ruined her birthdays for the rest of her life!

Baby Lee
03-30-2009, 04:47 PM

I actually doubt that it was an bona fide decapitation. I regret to say I've actually seen one, a youtube of a fine young Afghani being awarded his first infidel kill, and the damn thing took like 3 1/2 minutes of fevered sawing. Granted, he was like 12, and I have no data on relative steel quality or hone, but still.

LiL stumppy
03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Why did they wait to kill him after he decapitated the kid?

Pestilence
03-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I actually doubt that it was an bona fide decapitation. I regret to say I've actually seen one, a youtube of a fine young Afghani being awarded his first infidel kill, and the damn thing took like 3 1/2 minutes of fevered sawing. Granted, he was like 12, and I have no data on relative steel quality or hone, but still.

That's what I'm thinking. I've seen the video of the American tourist getting decapitated and it took a good 3 minutes with a machete.

Something you can't unsee. :shake:

LocoChiefsFan
03-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Meh, I saw that video, and thought to myself that kid needs to learn how to steel a knife. I work at a pork processing plant and believe it or not, can cut a hogs head off in about three quick slices. That's going through the vertebrae also. I'm just saying it wouldn't be hard to do if he knew what he was doing.

Baby Lee
03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Meh, I saw that video, and thought to myself that kid needs to learn how to steel a knife. I work at a pork processing plant and believe it or not, can cut a hogs head off in about three quick slices. That's going through the vertebrae also. I'm just saying it wouldn't be hard to do if he knew what he was doing.

I stand by my caveats. ;)

Reaper16
03-30-2009, 05:20 PM
With a kitchen knife he probably used the sharp side to slice the skin
LMAO LMAO

Rain Man
03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Why did they wait to kill him after he decapitated the kid?

They initially thought it might have been her birthday wish.

JASONSAUTO
03-30-2009, 06:39 PM
They initially thought it might have been her birthday wish.

thats just wrong man

Reaper16
03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
thats just wrong man
You know everyone's just going to keep sawing away with these jokes, right?

JASONSAUTO
03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
You know everyone's just going to keep sawing away with these jokes, right?

i hadnt reag the whole thread, now i have. still think it's wrong but hey whatever :D

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Didn't he hear Herm got fired !!

badgirl
03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
I believe I would have shot him before he made it to the 5 year old.

Pioli Zombie
03-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Some things I can't find humor in. This pretty much tops the list.
Posted via Mobile Device

joesomebody
03-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Hard to find humor, but it's such a horrible/bizarre story that I think gallows humor isn't out of place.

Wasn't Precious Doe beheaded as well?

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
How am I a hypocrite? I just said I don't care about things I can't control, like people making jokes on the internet about the murder of my nonexistant daughter.

Just think how pissed he'd be if you would have ended with "Stafford over Curry".

Damn!

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2009, 10:45 PM
I have said my piece. No need to repeat myself. Have fun being a dickhead.

I'm glad you got to say your "piece", Peat.

Reaper16
03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Some things I can't find humor in. This pretty much tops the list.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're just a moral cut above the rest, aren't you?

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 10:49 PM
I believe I would have shot him before he made it to the 5 year old.

And you think the officer wouldn't have turned that worthless sack of shit into an impressive piece of Swiss had he come upon the scene in time?

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Uh. Yeah... I think I'll take a pass on this one.

Horrible tragedy.

petegz28
03-30-2009, 11:00 PM
And you think the officer wouldn't have turned that worthless sack of shit into an impressive piece of Swiss had he come upon the scene in time?

One has to wonder why the cop didn't unload on the bastard? Then again we don't know what exactly happened or I should say how.

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 11:03 PM
One has to wonder why the cop didn't unload on the bastard? Then again we don't know what exactly happened or I should say how.

Only possible explanation is that the officer came in too late. Once the dude went for the other girl, they did what needed to be done.

Jenson71
03-30-2009, 11:07 PM
It says he walked in on him cutting the 5 year old. It's not like he stood there watching it.

Pablo
03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
They initially thought it might have been her birthday wish.Wow. I didn't wanna LOL at that..but I did.

badgirl
03-30-2009, 11:39 PM

The way I read, he beheaded the 5 year old in front of the officers.

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 11:43 PM
The way I read, he beheaded the 5 year old in front of the officers.

It's obtuse and thus poorly written, but common sense suggests that any police officer wouldn't have allowed this to happen.

He/she arrived too late.

Rudy lost the toss
03-31-2009, 12:07 AM
oh chiefsplanet...so politically incorrect aren't we....oh I mean unless you make fun of a gay

DaneMcCloud
03-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Has anyone here considered that not only was this guy doing serious hallucinogens, but that he was also practicing Voodoo as well?

I'm not joking.

Reaper16
03-31-2009, 12:40 AM
oh chiefsplanet...so politically incorrect aren't we....oh I mean unless you make fun of a gay
Is your birthday coming up soon?

Pioli Zombie
03-31-2009, 06:47 AM
You're just a moral cut above the rest, aren't you?
Ah yes, it takes a real snoot to not find it hilarious that a 5 year old girl got her head cut off.
Ok then laugh away I guess. You sure put me in my place. Thousand pardons.
Posted via Mobile Device