PDA

View Full Version : MU Mike Anderson & the Memphis Tigers

KChiefs1
03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
repost

eazyb81
03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
this was already covered in the big Calipari thread.

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 07:33 PM
this was already covered in the big Calipari thread.

Is this ONLY covered in the Calipari thread? If so, this deserves it's own thread. I don't want to dig through 6 pages of Calipari stuff to find out what's going on with Anderson.

Don't fear the repost-gripers, what's going on with Anderson?

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Is this ONLY covered in the Calipari thread? If so, this deserves it's own thread. I don't want to dig through 6 pages of Calipari stuff to find out what's going on with Anderson.

Don't fear the repost-gripers, what's going on with Anderson?There was a report on a Rivals board that Memphis had already requested, and been granted permission to speak with Mike Anderson.

There was a later report saying that the first was not true. That's about all anyone seems to know for sure.

HolyHandgernade
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Is it true Anderson's wife is from Memphis?

-HH

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Is it true Anderson's wife is from Memphis?

-HHI dunno, but that's what I keep reading.

Ari Chi3fs
03-30-2009, 07:51 PM
If the Memphis Tigers has beaten Mizzou then UConn to go to Final 4.... none of this speculation would be going on...

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
If the Memphis Tigers has beaten Mizzou then UConn to go to Final 4.... none of this speculation would be going on...

Maybe even if Memphis had just beaten Mizzou. That game impressed a lot of people.

Great reward for success, eh?

wild1
03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
according to some blogger...

wake me when the deal is done

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
feels good man

http://j.photos.cx/mikesmallh-acc.gif

beavis
03-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Has Calapari even officially left Memphis yet?

KCwolf
03-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Has Calapari even officially left Memphis yet?

Yep....JC called Kentucky the "Notre Dame" of Basketball.......whatever.

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Has Calapari even officially left Memphis yet?No. Which makes that first report about permission to contact Anderson highly doubtful. But where there's smoke...

Hopefully Alden's busting his ass trying to hammer something out as we speak.

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Yep....JC called Kentucky the "Notre Dame" of Basketball.......whatever.I didn't think it was official yet... more of a foregone conclusion... am I wrong?

beavis
03-30-2009, 08:00 PM
No. Which makes that first report about permission to contact Anderson highly doubtful. But where there's smoke...

Hopefully Alden's busting his ass trying to hammer something out as we speak.

Man I hope so.

beavis
03-30-2009, 08:01 PM
I didn't think it was official yet... more of a foregone conclusion... am I wrong?

It's not on espn.com.

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Yep....JC called Kentucky the "Notre Dame" of Basketball.......whatever.As if being the Notre Dame of football has meant anything since the stone age.

KCwolf
03-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I didn't think it was official yet... more of a foregone conclusion... am I wrong?

No....your right. Nothing "official"
But I'd bet on it......heavily.

KCwolf
03-30-2009, 08:05 PM
As if being the Notre Dame of football has meant anything since the stone age.

Exactly.....

Like saying I'm working for GM of Auto Manufacturing

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Exactly.....

Like saying I'm working for GM of Auto ManufacturingI guess that's supposedly the point. He wants to be the guy who brought Kentucky back. He's after the glory.

KCwolf
03-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Did J.Wall committ to Memphis?

Mr. Plow
03-30-2009, 08:12 PM
There was a report on a Rivals board that Memphis had already requested, and been granted permission to speak with Mike Anderson.

I'm curious - has any school requested to speak with another schools coach and been told no?

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm curious - has any school requested to speak with another schools coach and been told no?I don't know, but I imagine it would set a bad precedent for any future coaches you might hire.

Mr. Plow
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't know, but I imagine it would set a bad precedent for any future coaches you might hire.

I understand, but someone like Calipari needs someone to just say no. How many years in a row has he used other coaching positions to get a raise?

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
There was a report on a Rivals board that Memphis had already requested, and been granted permission to speak with Mike Anderson.

There was a later report saying that the first was not true. That's about all anyone seems to know for sure.

It's a tough spot, don't let them interview and it could offend Anderson. Let them interview and we could lose Anderson.

I can't really see why Anderson would consider Memphis over MU, but who knows.

He's under contract for now. On the coaching search thread* 3 years ago, I see where a report said the contract was supposed to be 1.3 mil for 6 years, though current reports say he's slated at $850,000 a year. Now they are talking about 1.3 mil now. IMO, 1.3mil is probably still a little light since that figure was thrown around 3 years ago - From what I have found so far searching coaching salaries, Self bad 1.6 mil guaranteed in '06, Texas' Coach is up to 1.8 mil guaranteed.

If we'll give Pinkel a big contract, Anderson definately deserves one more IMO. Pay Anderson enough that he will have to take a pay cut to go elsewhere.

*http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137627)

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 08:19 PM
As if being the Notre Dame of football has meant anything since the stone age.

I was thinking when I read that, "Is he saying Kentucky basketball program is a has-been?"

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
As a KU fan seeing Anderson leave MU would suit me fine. He is a hell of a coach and I really enjoyed the Quin era. Although I don't see that happening again. :grr:

As for Anderson leaving for Memphis I think that is going to depend alot on what type of person he is in terms of what he is looking for. He waited A LONG TIME for his shot at head coaching and he may want to taste the fruit of his patience by moving to a higher profile school. However I think if he stays at MU he could eventually make MU into a top 20 level school year after year. These days you just never know what is going to attract a coach to move. One consideration I would wonder about in his shoes is what the hell Calipari has been doing there the last few years, to bring all the top recruits year after year like he has recently would worry me that he has been doing some shady shit that may hamper the university even after he is gone.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-30-2009, 10:09 PM
It's a tough spot, don't let them interview and it could offend Anderson. Let them interview and we could lose Anderson.

I can't really see why Anderson would consider Memphis over MU, but who knows.

He's under contract for now. On the coaching search thread* 3 years ago, I see where a report said the contract was supposed to be 1.3 mil for 6 years, though current reports say he's slated at $850,000 a year. Now they are talking about 1.3 mil now. IMO, 1.3mil is probably still a little light since that figure was thrown around 3 years ago - From what I have found so far searching coaching salaries, Self bad 1.6 mil guaranteed in '06, Texas' Coach is up to 1.8 mil guaranteed.

If we'll give Pinkel a big contract, Anderson definately deserves one more IMO. Pay Anderson enough that he will have to take a pay cut to go elsewhere.

*http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137627)

I don't think MU could do that when your discussing Kentucky.

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't think MU could do that when your discussing Kentucky.Kentucky's not the concern, at this point.

It's Memphis, and Georgia.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Anderson could possibly be walking into a pool of talent at Memphis if he leaves...

It would piss me off to see him leave the big 12 though...

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Kentucky's not the concern, at this point.

Shit; my bad. I had Calipari on my mind when I typed that......

Miss Understood
03-30-2009, 11:02 PM

You're a KU fan? What do you care where Mike Anderson goes? I figured you'd be afraid of losing your Big 12 bball dominance. :p

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Kentucky's not the concern, at this point.

Georgia?

I know this has been speculated, but I can't fathom anyone leaving even a middling school in a major conference to coach basketball at fucking Georgia.

Hell would freeze over before Anderson would accept that job. Complete bullshit. No one wants to trade down.

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Georgia?

I know this has been speculated, but I can't fathom anyone leaving even a middling school in a major conference to coach basketball at ****ing Georgia.

Hell would freeze over before Anderson would accept that job. Complete bullshit. No one wants to trade down.Me either, but he's supposedly one of their targets.

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Me either, but he's supposedly one of their targets.

Might as well add Pitino and Self to the list of targets, too. Georgia has an equally good chance of landing them.

baitism
03-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Anderson could possibly be walking into a pool of talent at Memphis if he leaves...

I think that talent is leaving with Calipari. And those who do not go to UK will transfer elsewhere. If anything, I think Anderson is walking into a mess and a half. Does he really want to go BACK to CUSA to sort out Memphis?

baitism
03-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Might as well add Pitino and Self to the list of targets, too. Georgia has an equally good chance of landing them.

Why on earth would Self leaving Kansas for Georgia? Maybe if this was football.

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I think that talent is leaving with Calipari. And those who do not go to UK will transfer elsewhere. If anything, I think Anderson is walking into a mess and a half. Does he really want to go BACK to CUSA to sort out Memphis?NO.

He's gonna get a big fat raise, and continue to build the program he's already got a good start on.

Miss Understood
03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
NO.

He's gonna get a big fat raise, and continue to build the program he's already got a good start on.

Exactly.

I hope.

baitism
03-30-2009, 11:20 PM
NO.

I know. :D

KcMizzou
03-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Why on earth would Self leaving Kansas for Georgia? Maybe if this was football.That was his point concerning Anderson, it's inconceivable!

http://keitholbermannisevil.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/wallace-shawn-vizzini.jpg

Pants
03-30-2009, 11:23 PM

:spock:

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 11:24 PM
That was his point, it's inconceivable!

http://keitholbermannisevil.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/wallace-shawn-vizzini.jpg

ROFL

And I was very, very light on the sarcasm.

n00bs are fun.

baitism
03-30-2009, 11:31 PM
ROFL

n00bs are fun.

Ok, I re-read it. :D

Shit, with some of the people on this board, you never know.

KCwolf
03-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Damn Directv and their CBS College Channel.....currently showing KU vs. MSU....painful.

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 11:34 PM
ROFL

n00bs are fun.

Sarcasm? You can't use sarcasm on this BB anymore - even the regulars fail to comprehend it nowadays.

WoodDraw
03-30-2009, 11:38 PM
I don't see any job left that CMA would take. Does he really want to go rebuild Memphis in C-USA after already coaching at UAB? Georgia? Why?

Unless it comes down to someone throwing crazy money that we won't match, Missouri remains the most attractive option for him.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't see any job left that [any coach] would take.There lies madness.

Trust me.

KChiefs1
03-30-2009, 11:52 PM

Don't fear the repost-gripers, what's going on with Anderson?

Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com has staked his reputation on the fact that Mike Anderson is going to get a contract extension/raise within the next week.

Reerun_KC
03-30-2009, 11:57 PM
You're a KU fan? What do you care where Mike Anderson goes? I figured you'd be afraid of losing your Big 12 bball dominance. :p

Lets not even try and go there... No need to talk out of your ass on this subject...

Reerun_KC
03-31-2009, 12:00 AM
I think that talent is leaving with Calipari. And those who do not go to UK will transfer elsewhere. If anything, I think Anderson is walking into a mess and a half. Does he really want to go BACK to CUSA to sort out Memphis?

:shrug:

PastorMikH
03-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com has staked his reputation on the fact that Mike Anderson is going to get a contract extension/raise within the next week.

I started a thread with that news yesterday. Though if the University drags their feet on the contract, one of two things happen, 1) Anderson gets even more expensive for them - maybe so expensive they can't afford to keep him. 2) Someone lures Anderson away.

My primary focus was to get the discussion about Anderson here instead of having to sort through 300 posts about Calipari in that thread.

Sometimes I think people are too afraid of posting threads because someone else might have already said something on another thread. Seriously, if someone doesn't title a thread so we know what's in it, if it comes up in another thread and is thread-worthy on it's own, or if it's started by a doofas, post away and ignore the "REPOST" rants.

:)

Ari Chi3fs
03-31-2009, 12:42 AM
As for Anderson leaving for Memphis I think that is going to depend alot on what type of person he is in terms of what he is looking for. He waited A LONG TIME for his shot at head coaching and he may want to taste the fruit of his patience by moving to a higher profile school.

However I think if he stays at MU he could eventually make MU into a top 20 level school year after year. These days you just never know what is going to attract a coach to move. One consideration I would wonder about in his shoes is what the hell Calipari has been doing there the last few years, to bring all the top recruits year after year like he has recently would worry me that he has been doing some shady shit that may hamper the university even after he is gone.

Worldwide Wes and Calipari have been up to some shady shit, methinks... obviously, NO proof... but it seems that SOMETHING fishy HAS to be going on there. heh.

So, Calipari leaving could be to save his ass. Who knows? Why leave with ALL that talent at Memphis? He has built himself quite a deal at UM. FUCK UK. I don't like Kentucky.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Worldwide Wes and Calipari have been up to some shady shit, methinks... obviously, NO proof... but it seems that SOMETHING fishy HAS to be going on there. heh.

So, Calipari leaving could be to save his ass. Who knows? Why leave with ALL that talent at Memphis? He has built himself quite a deal at UM. FUCK UK. I don't like Kentucky.The prejudice and hypocrisy special, courtesy of entitled BCS fans everywhere!

"You're not part of the club! WHAAAAAAAAA!" Insinuations fly freely, but Kansas being on probation and relying heavily on a guy who never graduated from high school is no big deal.

DeezNutz
03-31-2009, 12:51 AM
The prejudice and hypocrisy special, courtesy of entitled BCS fans everywhere!

"You're not part of the club! WHAAAAAAAAA!" But Kansas being on probation and relying heavily on a guy who never graduated from high school is no big deal.

I agree with the hypocrisy present for fans of virtually any program to point fingers, but the Arthur example is very, very weak sauce, and not at all apt evidence for your (accurate) larger claim.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2009, 12:53 AM
Because if Memphis had won last year and it came out that Pierre Niles or some other bit player, much less a star like Dorsey or CDR or Rose, had taken the Arthur took, it wouldn't have been used as ammunition for the dirty program claims for DECADES, right?

You guys play by different rules, you guys get every advantage, and you guys want to act like we shouldn't ever have the gall to have a program capable of hanging with yours. Fuck you guys, and fuck college sports.

DeezNutz
03-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Because if Memphis had won last year and it came out that Pierre Niles or some other bit player, much less a star like Dorsey or CDR or Rose, had taken the Arthur took, it wouldn't have been used as ammunition for the dirty program claims for DECADES, right?

And it would be complete bullshit. No fault on the part of the university or program here. Any university or program.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2009, 09:43 AM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuYBUFXNbNY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuYBUFXNbNY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

ChiefsNWildcats
03-31-2009, 09:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4029709

Here is what peanut is referring to I believe. Mizzou will have to pony up the cash to keep Anderson methinks.

KC_Connection
03-31-2009, 09:51 AM
You guys play by different rules, you guys get every advantage, and you guys want to act like we shouldn't ever have the gall to have a program capable of hanging with yours. **** you guys, and **** college sports.

We're like the Yankees of college basketball, bitch! :)

Skip Towne
03-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Missouri is not a destination job. Anderson will look around.

CoMoChief
03-31-2009, 10:02 AM

This is true. Though MU fans think otherwise. They have all that tradition there to attract any coach in the NCAA's.

ChiefsNWildcats
03-31-2009, 10:07 AM
MU fans just better stay away from Yosemite Frank. That angry little cuban is fine right where he's at.

Kidding aside, who do you Mizzou fans think will be at the top of your list should Anderson bail?

Mr. Plow
03-31-2009, 10:12 AM

You guys play by different rules, you guys get every advantage, and you guys want to act like we shouldn't ever have the gall to have a program capable of hanging with yours. **** you guys, and **** college sports.

Flip out much?

Skip Towne
03-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Flip out much?

Like most chicks, Peanut is very emotional.

Pants
03-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Like most chicks, Peanut is very emotional.

Because KU fans weren't emotional when Roy left.

luv
03-31-2009, 10:25 AM

Could be if someone would stick around. I really think Anderson has done wonders. I think he could make MU into that type of school if he would stick around.

Mr. Plow
03-31-2009, 10:27 AM

You're correct. I should cut UP some slack.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Flip out much?lol babby has swear filters

Mr. Plow
03-31-2009, 10:29 AM
lol babby has swear filters

I apologized.....again.

the Talking Can
03-31-2009, 10:32 AM

what in blue hell did Arthur's high school have to do with KU?

turn down the drama

Skip Towne
03-31-2009, 10:35 AM

UP brings that weak tot action

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2009, 10:45 AM
I apologized.....again.Curse filters are the devil. You can't apologize for the devil.

Mr. Plow
03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
You guys play by different rules, you guys get every advantage, and you guys want to act like we shouldn't ever have the gall to have a program capable of hanging with yours. Fuck you guys, and fuck college sports.

Ahhhh, there you go. I feel better.

WilliamTheIrish
03-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Calipari is no different than any other D-I coach trying to win. The NCAA wants us all to think it's like the commercial where "Most of [us] will go pro in something other than sports".

That's such bullshit. It's a racket. And there's a shit-ton of money involved. Put those two things together and corruption will naturally follow.

kepp
03-31-2009, 10:52 AM
All I have to say is...Mizzou better pony up the $$ to keep MA around. It would be extremely stupid not to.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
03-31-2009, 10:55 AM
We're like the Yankees of college basketball, bitch! :)
That's why everyone loves you sooooooo much.

KC_Connection
03-31-2009, 10:56 AM

I doubt Yankees fans care that people hate them.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Ahhhh, there you go. I feel better.YESSSSSSS

Skip Towne
03-31-2009, 11:00 AM

Everyone tries to tackle the guy with the ball