PDA

View Full Version : Gun ban list is out.........

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Is this true, Can anybody check.... Not Good if so !

http://www.congresscheck.com:80/2009/03/13/obamaís-gun-ban-list-is-out/

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Crap, I pretty much have all of these.

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,

Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10
rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity
of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Oh, and off to DC.

btlook1
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Alan Korwin
Infowars
March 13, 2009

Here it is, folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is always laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then confiscation. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did.

Remember, the first step in establishing a dictatorship is to disarm the citizens.

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Bradyís plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Bradyís current plans and targets of opportunity. Itís horrific. Theyíre going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. Theyíve made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, statesí rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment. The Democrats current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine,
Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
AR-15,
Bushmaster XM15,
Armalite M15,
AR-10,
Thompson 1927,
Thompson M1;
AK,
AKM,
AKS,
AK-47,
AK-74,
ARM,
MAK90,
NHM 90,
NHM 91,
SA 85,
SA 93,
VEPR;
Olympic Arms PCR;
AR70,
Calico Liberty ,
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU,
Fabrique National FN/FAL,
FN/LAR, or FNC,
Hi-Point20Carbine,
HK-91,
HK-93,
HK-94,
HK-PSG-1,
Thompson 1927 Commando,
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
Saiga,
SAR-8,
SAR-4800,
SKS with detachable magazine,
SLG 95,
SLR 95 or 96,
Steyr AU,
Tavor,
Uzi,
Galil and Uzi Sporter,
Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110,
MAC-10,
MAC-11, or MPA3,
Olympic Arms OA,
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
Uzi.
Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG,
SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
Striker 12,
Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see
below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10
rounds.
A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity
of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.
Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will: Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any ďsemiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.Ē

btlook1
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
guess I was a minute behind you!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
looks like bullshit to me

Mecca
03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Seeing as I don't own any guns...I don't care.

petegz28
03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
looks like bullshit to me

I'll follow that up with a "smells like bullshit".

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Here's a link to the NRA website. Let it load and listen to Ted give some opinions.

http://www.nra.com/

boogblaster
03-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Disarm and be led to ur own slaughter ...

Saul Good
03-30-2009, 07:23 PM

Seeing as you're white...I guess you don't care if blacks are sold into slavery.

Mr. Plow
03-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Damn. I was just about to buy an uzi for my hunting trips.

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Something is definetily going on as ammunition is getting really hard to buy !!!

googlegoogle
03-30-2009, 07:27 PM
We have the right to own rocket propelled grenades and missiles.

I am not kidding.

It is elitism to say that certain people should own arms. All dictatorships strip gun rights from their slave citizens.

Mr. Plow
03-30-2009, 07:28 PM
We have the right to own rocket propelled grenades and missiles.

I am not kidding.

It is elitism to say that certain people should own arms. All dictatorships strip gun rights from their slave citizens.

Damn right. I should be able to plant mines in my front yard should I see fit.

Mecca
03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Seeing as you're white...I guess you don't care if blacks are sold into slavery.

I might feel bad if someone could show me a recreational use or reason for owning a machine gun, other than of course killing people.

CrazyPhuD
It's BS...there's no such thing as a 1927 Thompson. They'd actually get the name right if it was real.

Fruit Ninja

Same here they could ban guns altogether and i would smile.

googlegoogle

An Uzi is just an auto handgun. youtube search it. Pretty cool really.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Something is definetily going on as ammunition is getting really hard to buy !!!
I heard something about that too, most of the gun nuts I know have been reloading their own.

Reaper16
03-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ, is "Bugeater" the universal login for an entire military unit?

kstater
03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I see no way how this thread will reach 100 replies.

Mecca
03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Jesus Fucking Christ, is "Bugeater" the universal login for an entire military unit?

He plays call of duty in real life, no lag there.

CrazyPhuD
03-30-2009, 07:34 PM

graphics are better too.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-30-2009, 07:35 PM
ammo is in short supply for a couple of reasons - people stocked up as the economy tanked and Obama was elected. To compound that at least one foreign ammo manufacturer takes off the entire month of January for holiday, so their output was nil.

Reaper16
03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
But the teabagging is more awkward.

cdcox
03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I might feel bad if someone could show me a recreational use or reason for owning a machine gun, other than of course killing people.

Shooting is fun. My wife's cousin has a shooting range on the back of his property. Several times a year, he gets a bunch of people together to shoot. I don't own any hand guns, but had a good time shooting at the targets. He didn't have a machine gun, but that would have been hella fun.

kstater
03-30-2009, 07:40 PM
ammo is in short supply for a couple of reasons - people stocked up as the economy tanked and Obama was elected. To compound that at least one foreign ammo manufacturer takes off the entire month of January for holiday, so their output was nil.

Not to mention hunting season is over, hence less ammo being available.

rockymtnchief
03-30-2009, 07:42 PM

It's un-Constitutional. Once a precedence is in place, don't you worry what might be next? Freedom of speech, privacy, voting, etc...

Katipan
03-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I wonder if we're going to switch this with each presidency.
We were just rejoicing over the return of our beloved AR-15.

baitism
03-30-2009, 07:46 PM

You can't own machine guns under the current laws. Maybe you should do some research before spouting off stupid comments.

Katipan
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
You can't own machine guns under the current laws. Maybe you should do some research before spouting off stupid comments.

Sure you can. It's a special you lose all rights to your home and privacy license, but you can have one.

Oh duh. Machine guns. Was thinking fully automatics... Never mind.

rockymtnchief
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
No offense, but you can with the right paperwork and licensing. It's just not very well known.

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM

It could be just like drugs, which has been overwhelmingly successful and beneficial to society.

baitism
03-30-2009, 07:55 PM
No offense, but you can with the right paperwork and licensing. It's just not very well known.

If you want an FFL, sure. But, the average citizen is not going to go through all those headaches and costs. I think most people that are not informed think you can just go out and buy automatic weapons, which is not true.

Thig Lyfe

This.

rockymtnchief
http://www.impactguns.com/store/machineguns.html

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 07:56 PM

Definetely not True !!! Ask Ted Nugent!!!!

Chief Roundup
03-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Rifles and Shotguns are that list.
That makes it very hard to believe.

Katipan
03-30-2009, 07:57 PM
If you want an FFL, sure. But, the average citizen is not going to go through all those headaches and costs. I think most people that are not informed think you can just go out and buy automatic weapons, which is not true.

Thats quite a backtrack from...

Originally Posted by baitism View Post

Google. Every Internet tough guy's best friend.

baitism
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Definetely not True !!!

Go out and try to buy one and tell me how it goes. You need a dealer to buy it for you. As I said, the average person cannot buy one.

And who gives a shit honestly? Someone that is trained in shooting would do more damage with semi-auto than auto. Auto just means you waste all your ammo spraying an area.

wild1
03-30-2009, 07:59 PM

Guessing you don't take much game with a semi auto 9mm

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Go out and try to buy one and tell me how it goes. You need a dealer to buy it for you. As I said, the average person cannot buy one.

And who gives a shit honestly? Someone that is trained in shooting would do more damage with semi-auto than auto. Auto just means you waste all your ammo spraying an area.

You're a dipshit !

http://www.awcsystech.com/

Stanley Nickels
03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Thats quite a backtrack from...

Google. Every Internet tough guy's best friend.

Katipan, this statement isn't against you, I just love that we used the term "Internet tough guy" in a thread about the ultimate "tough guy" weapon.

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Katipan, this statement isn't against you, I just love that we used the term "Internet tough guy" in a thread about the ultimate "tough guy" weapon.

Please go back to PP!

Dartgod
03-30-2009, 08:09 PM

This.
I should be shocked that so many people are willing to give up their personal freedom so easily. But I'm not.

Katipan
03-30-2009, 08:10 PM

My dad was a hippie. Peace loving tree hugging.... Navy boy... Which is odd, but I digress. I was always anti-guns. Then I figured out that having one and never needing it was a million times better than not having one and needing it.

Just a qualifier in case your tongue in cheek tough guy weapon comment reflected your view of me being a war mongering death machine. :)

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I should be shocked that so many people are willing to give up their personal freedom so easily. But I'm not.

Whether you are against guns or for them, if they can take one of the Bill of Rights away, they can take them all away. That should alarm everyone.

Reaper16
03-30-2009, 08:11 PM

Seriously, though, that is a lot of fucking guns. Do you live next door to a Mexican drug cartel? You can't possibly regularly use most of those; there are some rusting away in a gun closet, yes?

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 08:11 PM

Everyone is going to hand over their guns and we're going to live in perfect harmony.

No worries. The government will take care of us.

Katipan
03-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Everyone is going to hand over their guns and we're going to live in perfect harmony.

Which government?

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Then I figured out that having one and never needing it was a million times better than not having one and needing it.

I couldn't agree more with this comment.

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Which government?

All. Local and national.

I give them my blind and unwavering trust.

Dartgod
03-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Whether you are against guns or for them, if they can take one of the Bill of Rights away, they can take them all away. That should alarm everyone.
Exactly. This goes way beyond guns. Hell, the only gun i own is a .22 single shot that I used to plunk squirrels with on my grandpa's farm. I haven't touched in years.

Katipan
03-30-2009, 08:15 PM
All. Local and national.

I give them my blind and unwavering trust.

They're reading this thread aren't they

Bacon Cheeseburger
Seriously, though, that is a lot of ****ing guns. Do you live next door to a Mexican drug cartel? You can't possibly regularly use most of those; there are some rusting away in a gun closet, yes?
Oh, I was totally kidding, I figured that comment was so outrageous that no one would believe me. All I really own is a Crosman air rifle for domestic varmint control.

Katipan
Exactly. This goes way beyond guns. Hell, the only gun i own is a .22 single shot that I used to plunk squirrels with on my grandpa's farm. I haven't touched in years.

Murderer

PastorMikH
Definetely not True !!! Ask Ted Nugent!!!!

If Nugent has fully automatic firearms its because he's probably obtained a class 3 dealer's license. No one below that level not in the military or other approved government agencies is not supposed to have access to full auto firearms.

Just Passin' By

People have been happily pissing away their personal freedoms for decades.

Dartgod
03-30-2009, 08:16 PM
MurdererI ate everything I killed.

bigdreams1
It's not a matter of what we need them for. It's because it is our right to own firearms. I would like to see them come to South Carolina and try to take away firearms or go to Wyoming and Montana.

Reaper16
Oh, I was totally kidding, I figured that comment was so outrageous that no one would believe me. All I really own is a Crosman air rifle for domestic varmint control.
Heh. I guess I'm used to seeing everyone get deathly serious about guns and didn't suspect sarcasm when I should have.

wild1
i only have three, but it looks like i need to do some shopping while I can

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Anyone that's into guns will realize that this list is much larger than the original assault weapons ban. It's only a matter of time before they try for all firearms.

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
They're reading this thread aren't they

Shhh...they can see you, too.

Best to move your hand. It's a family government.

Reaper16
03-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone that's into guns will realize that this list is much larger than the original assault weapons ban. It's only a matter of time before they try and fail for all firearms.
fyp sort of

bigdreams1
03-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I have a 12 gauge & 20 gauge, 9mm, .40, M-4,.22...My entire family collects guns. They are actually investments as well. Gun's have been in my family my entire life and they will never not be.

rockymtnchief
03-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Anyone that's into guns will realize that this list is much larger than the original assault weapons ban. It's only a matter of time before they try for all firearms.

Yup, give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Katipan
03-30-2009, 08:20 PM
I ate everything I killed.

Justifiable homicider!

Kraus
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

bigdreams1

You sure as shit aren't lying! That list is loaded with shit. It's gonna be a shit show if they really try and ban firearms. They would have to call in the military to police the U.S....Oh wait thats illegal...o wait shit nevermind they just passed a new law that wipes out a 200 year old one.

wild1
03-30-2009, 08:22 PM
people don't think it can happen that all guns will be outlawed and rounded up, but it happened in the UK, and the people running this country now seem to idolize europe and think we should want to grow up to be just like them...

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 08:23 PM
If Nugent has fully automatic firearms its because he's probably obtained a class 3 dealer's license. No one below that level not in the military or other approved government agencies is not supposed to have access to full auto firearms.

Umm. ... Not correct , Any individual can obtain an auto if they fill out the correct paperwork which has to be signed off by the ATF and your local Sheriff. A class 3 is only necessary fpr certain firearms.

Look at the link in my previous post .

Just Passin' By
03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
people don't think it can happen that all guns will be outlawed and rounded up, but it happened in the UK, and the people running this country now seem to idolize europe and think we should want to grow up to be just like them...

They could take the guns away from most of the northeastern states with nothing more than a stern talking to. New Hampshire, the south and the "west" (not the fruity states on the coast) would require a military invasion.

Mecca
03-30-2009, 08:25 PM

Hey Europe is fun times.

Kraus
03-30-2009, 08:26 PM
"Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms."
-- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

"To disarm the people is the most effective way to enslave them."
-- George Mason

Radar Chief
03-30-2009, 08:26 PM

As has been pointed out to you repeatedly, not a single weapon on that list is a "machine gun".

wild1
03-30-2009, 08:29 PM
video about gun ban in england

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkS2BRoCd2I

petegz28

That ain't no shit. I am forced to buy now online. Whenever I go to Bass Pro they are out.

Valiant
I have 7 listed..

Of course I also believe the government has no business knowing that I have them..

PastorMikH
Got this in an emal just yesterday...

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

4. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

5. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

6. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

7. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

8. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

9. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

10. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

11. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

12. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

13. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

14. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

15. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

16. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

17. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

18. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

19. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

20. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

petegz28
03-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Not to mention hunting season is over, hence less ammo being available.

Dude, I buy .40 S&W....that ain't hunting ammo and they are always out. Well out of range quality ammo.

wild1
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkS2BRoCd2I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkS2BRoCd2I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaFace
I'm too lazy to read the thread tonight. Is this discussion remaining civil, or does it need to be DC bound?

rockymtnchief
17. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
Amen!

Rep.

Valiant
That ain't no shit. I am forced to buy now online. Whenever I go to Bass Pro they are out.

Good news is, if it ever came down that far of the government trying to police the citizens I think you would see a mass mutiny of military members and revolution..

And the citizens could finally take back their government..

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-30-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm too lazy to read the thread tonight. Is this discussion remaining civil, or does it need to be DC bound?
So far it hasn't attracted the attention of too many DCers, that's usually a sure sign it needs to go.

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Umm. ... Not correct , Any individual can obtain an auto if they fill out the correct paperwork which has to be signed off by the ATF and your local Sheriff. A class 3 is only necessary fpr certain firearms.

Look at the link in my previous post .

That's a new on on me I'll have to check it out.

wild1
03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Good news is, if it ever came down that far of the government trying to police the citizens I think you would see a mass mutiny of military members and revolution..

I dont care about liberty... I just want the gubment to stick it to rich guys and tell me I'm gonna get their money. :)

DaFace
03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
So far it hasn't attracted the attention of too many DCers, that's usually a sure sign it needs to go.

Fair enough. Let me know if things change.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Fair enough. Let me know if things change.
Just wait for a Taco John post, then you'll know it's time to move it.

DeezNutz
03-30-2009, 08:37 PM
I spray paint all of my guns white in an effort to help the environment.

Valiant
03-30-2009, 08:37 PM
I dont care about liberty... I just want the gubment to stick it to rich guys and tell me I'm gonna get their money. :)

Hah, most of the rich guys are the gubment..

bigdreams1
03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7B4laX1E70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaG9d_4zij8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reCpV1YHuYs&feature=related

This ones great...urban areas..Jesus haha even this guy is thinking what the fuck?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfXuk6aWJc&feature=related

Just Passin' By
I spray paint all of my guns white in an effort to help the environment.

Don't forget that every creature shot means that much less of a 'greenhouse gas' problem.;)

DJ's left nut
I gotta believe that the list isn't real, not if it includes the M1.

If so, there are going to be a lot of collectors telling the Fed to come and take it. And I'll say this, the M1 fires better than any rifle I've owned in the last 10 years. I actually have gone deer hunting with one.

Katipan
03-30-2009, 08:39 PM

We'd party for 5 days and then die from lack of direction.

Toga party!

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I gotta believe that the list isn't real, not if it includes the M1.

If so, there are going to be a lot of collectors telling the Fed to come and take it. And I'll say this, the M1 fires better than any rifle I've owned in the last 10 years. I actually have gone deer hunting with one.

I missed the M1 - it wasn't auto was it? I was thinking it was just a semi-auto with a 6-8 shot magazine?

If the M1 is on there, it's only a matter of time before they move on to the Mauser and Springfield bolt action military actions. Once they get to the bolt actions, they'll be able to get everything.

Dave Lane
03-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Disarm and be led to ur own slaughter ...
ROFL

bigdreams1
03-30-2009, 08:48 PM
There really is so much shit going on that people just ignore. A gun ban would seriously fuck this country. That list was great...emailed to the pops shortly. Thanks

kc rush
03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I see no way how this thread will reach 100 replies.

And 100

Just Passin' By
03-30-2009, 08:58 PM
There really is so much shit going on that people just ignore. A gun ban would seriously **** this country. That list was great...emailed to the pops shortly. Thanks

Info like the following has helped to wake up some people I know to just how the situation is getting....

http://www.publicrights.org/Kennesaw/PoliceResponsibility.html

I won't add more, because I don't know the limits of "DC" threads, but I thought you might want to be armed with some of these cases in the future....

Hog Farmer
03-30-2009, 08:59 PM
My Question Is.. how can a person confirm what the gov is really doing ???

Katipan
03-30-2009, 08:59 PM

Afterwards

kc rush
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Afterwards

Sadly, it may become the case.

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM

Once they get our right to keep and bear arms taken away, they'll take away the freedom of the press so we won't be told what their doing anymore, then our freedom of religion so we can't even pray for things to change.

rockymtnchief
03-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Once they get our right to keep and bear arms taken away, they'll take away the freedom of the press so we won't be told what their doing anymore, then our freedom of religion so we can't even pray for things to change.

And pick which books we're allowed to read.

TrebMaxx
03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
I posted this once before. I think it needs to be posted again.

I try to be open-minded and study both sides of an argument. After studying the gun control issues I have to say that I
now support gun control because...

1. Banning guns works, which is why New York, DC, Detroit & Chicago cops need guns.

2. Washington DC's low murder rate of 69 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control, and Indianapolis' high murder rate of 9 per 100,000 is due to the lack of gun control.

3. Statistics showing high murder rates justify gun control but statistics showing increasing murder rates after gun control are "just statistics."

4. The Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban, both of which went into effect in 1994 are responsible for the decrease in violent crime rates, which have been declining since 1991.

5. We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid.

6. The more helpless you are the safer you are from criminals.

7. An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

8. A woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet.

9. When confronted by violent criminals, you should "put up no defense - give them what they want, or run" (Handgun Control Inc. Chairman Pete Shields, Guns Don't Die - People Do, 1981, p. 125).

10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.

11. One should consult an automotive engineer for safer seat belts, a civil engineer for a better bridge, a surgeon for internal medicine, a computer programmer for hard drive problems, and Sarah Brady for firearms expertise.

12. The 2nd Amendment, ratified in 1787, refers to the National Guard, which was created 130 years later, in 1917.

13. The National Guard, federally funded, with bases on federal land, using federally-owned weapons, vehicles, buildings and uniforms, punishing trespassers under federal law, is a "state" militia.

14. These phrases: "right of the people peaceably to assemble," "right of the people to be secure in their homes," "enumerations herein of certain rights shall not be construed to disparage others retained by the people," and "The powers not delegated herein are reserved to the states respectively, and to the people" all refer to individuals, but "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" refers to the state.

15. "The Constitution is strong and will never change." But we should ban and seize all guns thereby violating the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments to that Constitution.

16. Rifles and handguns aren't necessary to national defense! Of course, the army has hundreds of thousands of them.

17. Private citizens shouldn't have handguns, because they aren't "military weapons', but private citizens shouldn't have "assault rifles', because they are military weapons.

18. In spite of waiting periods, background checks, fingerprinting, government forms, etc., guns today are too readily available, which is responsible for recent school shootings. In the 1940's, 1950's and 1960's, anyone could buy guns at hardware stores, army surplus stores, gas stations, variety stores, Sears mail order, no waiting, no background check, no fingerprints, no government forms and there were no school shootings.

19. The NRA's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign about kids handling guns is propaganda, but the anti-gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign is responsible social activity.

20. Guns are so complex that special training is necessary to use them properly, and so simple to use that they make murder easy.

21. A handgun, with up to 4 controls, is far too complex for the typical adult to learn to use, as opposed to an automobile that only has 20.

22. Women are just as intelligent and capable as men but a woman with a gun is "an accident waiting to happen" and gun makers' advertisements aimed at women are "preying on their fears."

23. Ordinary people in the presence of guns turn into slaughtering butchers but revert to normal when the weapon is removed.

24. Guns cause violence, which is why there are so many mass killings at gun shows.

25. A majority of the population supports gun control, just like a majority of the population supported owning slaves.

26. Any self-loading small arm can legitimately be considered to be a "weapon of mass destruction" or an "assault weapon."

27. Most people can't be trusted, so we should have laws against guns, which most people will abide by because they can be trusted.

28. The right of Internet pornographers to exist cannot be questioned because it is constitutionally protected by the Bill of Rights, but the use of handguns for self defense is not really protected by the Bill of Rights.

29. Free speech entitles one to own newspapers, transmitters, computers, and typewriters, but self- defense only justifies bare hands.

30. The ACLU is good because it uncompromisingly defends certain parts of the Constitution, and the NRA is bad, because it defends other parts of the Constitution.

31. Charlton Heston, a movie actor as president of the NRA is a cheap lunatic who should be ignored, but Michael Douglas, a movie actor as a representative of Handgun Control, Inc. is an ambassador for peace who is entitled to an audience at the UN arms control summit.

32. Police operate with backup within groups, which is why they need larger capacity pistol magazines than do "civilians" who must face criminals alone and therefore need less ammunition.

33. We should ban "Saturday Night Specials" and other inexpensive guns because it's not fair that poor people have access to guns too.

34. Police officers have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain.

35. Private citizens don't need a gun for self- protection because the police are there to protect them even though the Supreme Court says the police are not responsible for their protection.

36. Citizens don't need to carry a gun for personal protection but police chiefs, who are desk-bound administrators who work in a building filled with cops, need a gun.

37. "Assault weapons" have no purpose other than to kill large numbers of people. The police need assault weapons. You do not.

38. When Microsoft pressures its distributors to give Microsoft preferential promotion, that's bad; but when the Federal government pressures cities to buy guns only from Smith & Wesson, that's good.

39. Trigger locks do not interfere with the ability to use a gun for defensive purposes, which is why you see police officers with one on their duty weapon.

40. Handgun Control, Inc., says they want to "keep guns out of the wrong hands." Guess what? You have the wrong hands.

DJ's left nut
03-30-2009, 09:10 PM
I missed the M1 - it wasn't auto was it? I was thinking it was just a semi-auto with a 6-8 shot magazine?

If the M1 is on there, it's only a matter of time before they move on to the Mauser and Springfield bolt action military actions. Once they get to the bolt actions, they'll be able to get everything.

Nope, semi-auto.

And I believe it was only a 5 shot clip.

And there's very little distinction between the M1 and the Springfield when it gets right down to it. I'd be inclined to agree with you, if they get to the M1, the Springfield won't be far behind (M14 will be gone as well and that'd be a real shame; great gun). That Springfield poses no more of a safety threat than a 30-06.

Ultimately though, I have a hard time with this list for that reason. There's no way they'd leave the M14 alone and go after a far more collectible and ultimately less lethal weapon in the M1, not when they're virtually the same weapon.

If it's true, my plain jane 7mm bolt action will be contraband in no time.

Stanley Nickels
03-30-2009, 09:11 PM
If nuns are outlawed
Only outlaws will have nuns

baitism
03-30-2009, 09:19 PM
You're a dipshit !

Seriously dude? I fired about every kind of weapon there is in the military. I might have a little more experience on this subject matter. After about the first 2-3 rounds in full auto, your aim goes to complete shit unless the gun is mounted.

Stanley Nickels
03-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I need to shoot as many deer as I can at once so that, when my guns are taken away, as well as my freedom and the press and my left nut (for ID tagging purposes), I still have some venison.

The end is nigh. This assault weapons ban led to martial law in the countries in which it was passed. In fact, Children Of Men is actually a historical movie about Britain.

Simply Red
03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
there went my mac-10 idea!:mad:

PastorMikH
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
I just thought of something, if they take away my guns, to I get a reinbursement on my lifetime OK hunting license?

KcFanInGA
03-30-2009, 09:32 PM
ill just get my guns from my dealer..

Bwana
03-30-2009, 09:34 PM

Bingo.

Iowanian
03-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Nothinga to tseee here, comrades.

smittysbar
03-30-2009, 09:44 PM

:clap: pisses me off reading this thread, people don't care....they might care if it is a freedom that would effect them. As they don't give a shit, they can fuck off when it comes to something else concerning our freedoms.

EyePod
03-30-2009, 09:45 PM
I shot two of these a few weekends ago... AR-15 and AK-47.... It was a lot of fun, and how does this work for people who own them legally now?

Iowanian
03-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Its cool with me if so many "meeeh, I don't need guns" people don't care.....it should be that much easier for me to get the ammo and guns I want to add to the collection.

I've recently shot many weapons on that list, including a tommy. No animals or people were harmed in the making of that entertainment.

Katipan
03-31-2009, 05:47 AM
I shot two of these a few weekends ago... AR-15 and AK-47.... It was a lot of fun, and how does this work for people who own them legally now?

If it's anything like the last time they banned my precious AR-15, you can still own one you just can't buy a new one.

Warrior5
03-31-2009, 06:37 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey Leonidas, watch out for Persian archers!

(unless Persian bows are on the ban list)

Radar Chief
03-31-2009, 06:44 AM
If it's anything like the last time they banned my precious AR-15, you can still own one you just can't buy a new one.

Iím jealous. Iíve been wanting one but canít justify the expense for a plinking rifle.

Katipan
03-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Iím jealous. Iíve been wanting one but canít justify the expense for a plinking rifle.

It was the first "big girl gun" I ever tried. Doesn't hurt my shoulder and I hit what I aim at.

Tried a sniper rifle once. Thing bounced back and the scope knocked me in the center of my forehead. Huge gash. The guy were concerned... About me getting blood on the damn thing.

penguinz
03-31-2009, 07:06 AM
It was the first "big girl gun" I ever tried. Doesn't hurt my shoulder and I hit what I aim at.

Tried a sniper rifle once. Thing bounced back and the scope knocked me in the center of my forehead. Huge gash. The guy were concerned... About me getting blood on the damn thing.I saw that video on youtube! :p

Radar Chief
03-31-2009, 07:09 AM

Thatís why Iíd like to get one. Theyíre easy to shoot and the bullet travels a laser straight trajectory out to around 500 yards. But theyíre too small to legally hunt deer with in Kansas so the only use Iíd have for one beyond plinking is coyote and ground hog, which I donít hunt.

Tried a sniper rifle once. Thing bounced back and the scope knocked me in the center of my forehead. Huge gash. The guy were concerned... About me getting blood on the damn thing.

Was it anything like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-EVqT3XEzss&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-EVqT3XEzss&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brock
03-31-2009, 07:26 AM
It's all for safety, don't worry about it.

Hog Farmer
03-31-2009, 07:30 AM

Not true unless you have a felony record.

http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc?set=02&sz=800x600

rad
03-31-2009, 07:33 AM
What do I do to stop it?

Otter
03-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Ever since reading "Band of Brothers" I've always wanted to purchase an M1A1 Carbine. Not for any real practical use, I just think it would be need having a piece of history like that (even if it's a replica) to show off and hand down to kids/grand kids.

Anyone know of any reputable dealers for a rifle such as this? I can run down the road and get an HK or AR but M1A1 Carbines are tough to find and I don't feel like paying someone just to find it for me.

Hog Farmer
03-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Ever since reading "Band of Brothers" I've always wanted to purchase an M1A1 Carbine. Not for any real practical use, I just think it would be need having a piece of history like that (even if it's a replica) to show off and hand down to kids/grand kids.

Anyone know of any reputable dealers for a rifle such as this? I can run down the road and get an HK or AR but M1A1 Carbines are tough to find and I don't feel like paying someone just to find it for me.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/springfield_m1a.html

Otter
03-31-2009, 07:47 AM
http://www.impactguns.com/store/springfield_m1a.html

Thanks. Proxy is blocking it from here but I'll check it out when I go home. Have you dealt with this group before?

Katipan
03-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Was it anything like this?

ahahahah not quite. I was laying on the ground.

I do have a nice pistol bite on my left hand from the first time I shot a glock. Thought I was real gangsta and could hold it like a girl.

I also have a shell shaped burn on my left breast. Holding that same glock in my right hand would make the glock jump to the right and instead of expending the shell to the left of me, it shot straight back at me, down my shirt, and sizzled in my bra.

I started holding it with 2 hands after that.

Funny how the bigger the gun the less problem I have with it. I could sleep with my Heckler and Koch USP 45 under my cheek.

Garcia Bronco
03-31-2009, 08:38 AM
I looked up most of the pistols and I am not a gun expert, but how does a Tech 9 rate as a pistol? And why are they banning a 22 pistol. WTF?

KC native
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm a liberal but believe in gun ownership. I own 3. One for the car because Texas fuckers are crazy and two for the house. That being said this hoopla over this is nonsense. This bill never made it past the proposal stage and Harry Reid off all people just came out against this. Do you think that with all the problems going on that Dem's are really going to push this and piss off conservatives even more?

The gun and ammo manufacturers have been eating this up. They've been stoking this controversy and milking it for all it's worth (higher prices and sold out inventory for months).

Brock
03-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Do you think that with all the problems going on that Dem's are really going to push this and piss off conservatives even more?

I'm certain they will.

KC native
03-31-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm certain they will.

No, Rahm and company are smarter than to push for this. This might be a second term agenda item but I honestly don't see where they are going to get the votes from to pass it unless crime spikes to an out of control level.

Radar Chief
03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
ahahahah not quite. I was laying on the ground.

I do have a nice pistol bite on my left hand from the first time I shot a glock. Thought I was real gangsta and could hold it like a girl.

I also have a shell shaped burn on my left breast. Holding that same glock in my right hand would make the glock jump to the right and instead of expending the shell to the left of me, it shot straight back at me, down my shirt, and sizzled in my bra.

I started holding it with 2 hands after that.

Funny how the bigger the gun the less problem I have with it. I could sleep with my Heckler and Koch USP 45 under my cheek.

Damn, sounds like youíve learned a lot the hard way.
Were you taught to swim by being thrown in a lake?

Amnorix
03-31-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm a liberal but believe in gun ownership. I own 3. One for the car because Texas fuckers are crazy and two for the house. That being said this hoopla over this is nonsense. This bill never made it past the proposal stage and Harry Reid off all people just came out against this. Do you think that with all the problems going on that Dem's are really going to push this and piss off conservatives even more?

The gun and ammo manufacturers have been eating this up. They've been stoking this controversy and milking it for all it's worth (higher prices and sold out inventory for months).

It's SOP around here to take any hare-brained idea that any member of Congress puts forth, and then post it here as if Obama is moments away from signing it, even though it either certain to die without ever getting out of committee, or at least certain to be heavily revamped.

raybec 4
03-31-2009, 09:53 AM
It's SOP around here to take any hare-brained idea that any member of Congress puts forth, and then post it here as if Obama is moments away from signing it, even though it either certain to die without ever getting out of committee, or at least certain to be heavily revamped.

I am a gun rights guy but you are correct, the same panic was seen during the Clinton administration. I don't believe a ban on guns will ever be successfully passed and never enforced in the United States, at least I hope not.

Katipan
03-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Damn, sounds like youíve learned a lot the hard way.
Were you taught to swim by being thrown in a lake?

Sort of, but it was the Pacific Ocean.

Had a friend with an FFL in Phoenix. Would go out in the desert and recreate Bosnia.

Got to shoot a Mac 10. My instructions were... "This strap goes over your wrist, or when you let off the trigger you'll saw your fingers off."

Stuff like that.

Hog Farmer
03-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks. Proxy is blocking it from here but I'll check it out when I go home. Have you dealt with this group before?

No I haven't .

Hog Farmer
03-31-2009, 10:03 AM

I just want to know if this is really being attempted.

Why haven't you snoped it yet ?

Simplex3
03-31-2009, 10:20 AM
It's BS...there's no such thing as a 1927 Thompson. They'd actually get the name right if it was real.

You've obviously never dealt with the government directly.

Brock
03-31-2009, 10:22 AM
I am a gun rights guy but you are correct, the same panic was seen during the Clinton administration. I don't believe a ban on guns will ever be successfully passed and never enforced in the United States, at least I hope not.

Uh, this same ban was signed by Clinton, so it wasn't and isn't panic. It's reality.

Simplex3
03-31-2009, 10:25 AM

When seconds count the cops are only minutes away.

Chief Faithful
03-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Good, now I have a list of what I need to buy at the gun show before this ban goes into effect.