PDA

View Full Version : Religion God's Social Life

Rain Man
03-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Whether you believe in God or not, for the purpose of this discussion please assume that God is a big heterosexual white guy with a flowing beard, white toga, and sandals.

So...do you think God is married? I mean he's got a son, but you never hear about a wife. One could argue that a Supreme being with unlimited power would create a woman who was his perfect match. And of course, statistics show that married men live longer.

Or...do you think he has a different woman every night and lives like Hef with a bigger house? I could also see a Supreme being who likes variety in his social life because, hey, why tie yourself down if you can score at will?

Or alternately, would he have a wife who he then changes to meet his needs? Or is that really having a wife? If you change her at will, is it really a lasting relationship?

Maybe a wife that approves of "open relationships"?

One other option would be that he creates alternate realities such that he has a loving wife and family (with twin sons Jesus and Jesse) on one day, and then is a rovin' bachelor the next. But would such an arrangement be cheating if he's not changing himself each day, too?

Poll forthcoming.

Count Alex's Wins
03-31-2009, 12:18 AM
I'd think a mere orgasm would bore God.

Jenson71
03-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Divorced. Reads craigslist and searches internet sites for "that special someone"

Mr. Flopnuts
03-31-2009, 12:28 AM
God is a polygamist and stars in HBO's romantic comedy, Big Love.

KC native
03-31-2009, 12:49 AM
:spock:Dude, everyone knows that the Flying spaghetti monster is kicking it in heaven with his beer volcano and stripper factory.

patteeu
03-31-2009, 09:55 AM
When God's wife isn't at home toiling away in the heaven's kitchen or the holy laundry room, she modestly covers herself in a burka that is so effective that we don't even know she exists, she walks a respectful number of paces behind our Lord, and she only speaks when spoken to which is rare indeed.

Jilly
03-31-2009, 10:45 AM
i can see god on
a cloud in the sky
on top of the world
watching the world roll by
with a great big grin
and some good cocaine
jesus by his side
in the pouring rain

cause i can believe
in the in between