PDA

View Full Version : USC Pro Day to be on NFLNetwork Live...

Coogs
04-01-2009, 07:49 AM
at 5:30 PM Central Time on Path to the Draft. They didn't say anything about Total Access which airs right after Path to the Draft, but I would assume they will have some coverage during that time slot as well.

Just a heads up.

KCrockaholic
04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
sweet, sounds like a good pro day to watch. especially for the linebackers.

SBK
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Clay Matthews FTW!!

milkman
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
It's on right now.

Mayock said that Sanchez had a more impressive pro day than Stafford.

The Franchise
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
It's on right now.

Mayock said that Sanchez had a more impressive pro day than Stafford.

Don't tell me that. Fucking figures. The one chance we have to grab someone good and we blow it.

milkman
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Don't tell me that. ****ing figures. The one chance we have to grab someone good and we blow it.

Charles Davis said that he had already moved Sanchez ahead of Stafford, and he did nothing today to change that.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Don't tell me that. Fucking figures. The one chance we have to grab someone good and we blow it.

Isn't it great to know both QB's look top notch and we went for Matt Cassel?

chiefs1111
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

milkman
04-01-2009, 04:46 PM

It still pisses me off.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

How dare we question the almighty Pioli!

I have this feeling that in 3 years we're gonna look back at this Cassel trade as a giant blunder.

Coogs
04-01-2009, 04:49 PM

I still think we could go QB at #3. They said they are going to build this thing right. We have the cap space to pay Cassel for 1 year to tutor if nothing else.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
I still think we could go QB at #3. They said they are going to build this thing right. We have the cap space to pay Cassel for 1 year to tutor if nothing else.

I doubt it, Pioli is following the Parcells blueprint to a T, get a QB you know, fastest way back to 8-8.

Coogs
04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I doubt it, Pioli is following the Parcells blueprint to a T, get a QB you know, fastest way back to 8-8.

I'm not buying that "draft a late round QB and make him a star" crap that is the Partiots way though. Right now, absolutely nothing at the #3 pick is going to surprise me. Not sure I will be thrilled with it, but I don't think it will surprise me.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm not buying that "draft a late round QB and make him a star" crap that is the Partiots way though. Right now, absolutely nothing at the #3 pick is going to surprise me. Not sure I will be thrilled with it, but I don't think it will surprise me.

I didn't say that, I said the "get a QB you know" Parcells always did it and that's what we have here. This is just basically our own version of Testaverde, Bledsoe, Pennington so forth.

Coogs
04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I didn't say that, I said the "get a QB you know" Parcells always did it and that's what we have here. This is just basically our own version of Testaverde, Bledsoe, Pennington so forth.

Got'cha. But I am still going to hold out hope that if the best player on the board happens to be one of these two, we wind up taking a QB.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Got'cha. But I am still going to hold out hope that if the best player on the board happens to be one of these two, we wind up taking a QB.

I'd be stunned, but hey don't worry they got nothing to be afraid of basically the majority of our fan base is still scared of drafting a QB.

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
How dare we question the almighty Pioli!

I have this feeling that in 3 years we're gonna look back at this Cassel trade as a giant blunder.

Matt Barkley :thumb:

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Matt Barkley :thumb:

We'll see how good he is, they don't all pan out...

I still will say I think one of the funniest things I've seen all offseason is how all the opinions of Cassel completely changed when the Chiefs traded for him, then people wonder why they get called homers.

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I still will say I think one of the funniest things I've seen all offseason is how all the opinions of Cassel completely changed when the Chiefs traded for him, then people wonder why they get called homers.

Very true.

Also you know we could wait till next year and draft the QB prospect of the decade in Colt McCoy.

DrRyan
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
We'll see how good he is, they don't all pan out...

...says the USC homer. Mr. Taylor Mays is worth a top 5 pick.

Sanchez may be a very good QB. What I find amusing is your assertion that he is basically a can't miss QB prospect.

DrRyan
04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
The Chiefs have to draft the BPA on their board or trade down at #3. If the BPA is a QB and they cannot trade down, then so be it. But, Sanchez and Stafford are far from can't miss.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Yea what a dumbass I am for being a fan of Taylor Mays as a prospect, 6'3 230 safeties that run 4.3 40's grow on trees.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
The Chiefs have to draft the BPA on their board or trade down at #3. If the BPA is a QB and they cannot trade down, then so be it. But, Sanchez and Stafford are far from can't miss.

I'd take them over Matt fucking Cassel which is the entire premise of what I said.

DaKCMan AP
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM

Parcells also drafted a QB in the 2nd round that year.

Coogs
04-01-2009, 05:28 PM

But by the same token, if they turn out to be all that, even one of them, and we had a chance at them and passed... it will be Carl Peterson/Todd Blackledge all over again.

PS - I know the CP/TB lexicon

DrRyan
04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I'd take them over Matt ****ing Cassel which is the entire premise of what I said.

Queue the Pantera ****ing hostile music!! I know as far as you are concerned Cassel cannot succeed, he has basically a .001% chance of success. But, if he does succeed, will you recant?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Queue the Pantera ****ing hostile music!! I know as far as you are concerned Cassel cannot succeed, he has basically a .001% chance of success. But, if he does succeed, will you recant?

Sure, well I guess it depends on your definition of success...

But we basically traded for a guy who's start 1 year since high school is older and has less physical talent and upside than the other guys, ponder that.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM

ROFL yeah cassel is just like those guys, bledsoe was a 1st round pick, parcells then traded for him when he was OLD and worn out, same with testaverde, and pennington last year. cassel is 27. no where near the same circumstances IMO

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:36 PM
ROFL yeah cassel is just like those guys, bledsoe was a 1st round pick, parcells then traded for him when he was OLD and worn out, same with testaverde, and pennington last year. cassel is 27. no where near the same circumstances IMO

Yea instead of being a guy on the downside of his once productive career...Matt Cassel is basically just as risky as drafting one, so that makes it even more brilliant to trade for the guy with the least talent and lowest upside.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM

But we basically traded for a guy who's start 1 year since high school is older and has less physical talent and upside than the other guys, ponder that.

what is your definition of success? and sanchez has only started one year since HS right? at least cassel's starts have been in the nfl

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Yea instead of being a guy on the downside of his once productive career...Matt Cassel is basically just as risky as drafting one, so that makes it even more brilliant to trade for the guy with the least talent and lowest upside.

in whose opinion?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Dude if you think Cassel is as physically talented as Stafford and Sanchez you need mental help.

Argue all you want but don't be a retard.

bdeg

Totally different. We didn't have to spend the #3 pick on him and we got a guy who's proved he can perform in the NFL. Cassel has shown nothing but hard work and improvement. I think he'll develop to be just as good as Sanchez. Although I've always been a fan of Sanchez's pocket awareness, which should transfer very well.

DrRyan
what is your definition of success? and sanchez has only started one year since HS right? at least cassel's starts have been in the nfl

Eagerly awaiting the spin on this one!

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Sanchez has more playing time than Cassel does since high school...ponder how scary that is.

I know people will never agree with me about this because how dare I question Pioli and of course the homer contingent which will support basically anything also arrives. But I'm simply stating the fact that I think this was a bad move.

If you want to argue that you disagree fine go ahead, just don't give me some ridiculous argument like Cassel is as naturally gifted as they are because that's a load.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Dude if you think Cassel is as physically talented as Stafford and Sanchez you need mental help.

Argue all you want but don't be a retard.

i'm asking whose opinion that is, not arguing anything. the REAL point was upside, cassel has 15 NFL starts he is more proven than either of the draftees and he grew as the year went on. who is to say it wont continue? also everyone is saying that a rook qb should sit AT LEAST a year, cassel has that down (and sat and learned from THE BEST right now bar none)can the rooks say that?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
We'll see, I don't think this ends well when he doesn't have Randy Moss out there.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Sanchez has more playing time than Cassel does since high school...ponder how scary that is.

I know people will never agree with me about this because how dare I question Pioli and of course the homer contingent which will support basically anything also arrives. But I'm simply stating the fact that I think this was a bad move.

i dont agree about the playing time. cassel practiced EVERY day with an nfl team(again the best bar none) that counts(at least it did before we got cassel and everyone wanted sancgez(me included) and practicing with usc was a plus in your opinion)

and i have told you numerous times that my opinion of cassel changed when i actually WATCHED the games he played last year

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
We'll see, I don't think this ends well when he doesn't have Randy Moss out there.

randy moss wasnt even the most prolific WR for that team last year

dbo and tg were = to welker and moss last year stats wise you seem to forget that

philfree
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM

If you want to argue that you disagree fine go ahead, just don't give me some ridiculous argument like Cassel is as naturally gifted as they are because that's a load.

But, but, but Cassel practiced for four years against the best defense in college football at USC who's practices are as competetive as the games they play. :)

PhilFree:arrow:

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
It changed because he put on a Chiefs uniform, you have a heavily homeristic view of the Chiefs and every player that plays for the Chiefs, that's fine but don't act like it's logical.

Hootie's the same way which is why he's football takes are mocked.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
randy moss wasnt even the most prolific WR for that team last year

dbo and tg were = to welker and moss last year stats wise you seem to forget that

And thank you for proving your homeristic view point.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
It changed because he put on a Chiefs uniform, you have a heavily homeristic view of the Chiefs and every player that plays for the Chiefs, that's fine but don't act like it's logical.

Hootie's the same way which is why he's football takes are mocked.

you are insane i WATCHED HIM PLAY he's FAR better than you and others give him credit for

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
And thank you for proving your homeristic view point.

can you even read? i said they were = stats wise look it up it's closer than you think

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
you are insane i WATCHED HIM PLAY he's FAR better than you and others give him credit for

Just say what you mean..

"I want the Chiefs to do well so I'm going to view him in the most rose colored glasses fashion possible so I can believe in this"

My opinions of players don't change because they play for my favorite team. Which is why I laugh my ass off when people hit me with that USC thing, I'm dead honest about USC players yet that somehow makes me a homer guess it's my fault USC has alot of high quality NFL prospects.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:53 PM
can you even read? i said they were = stats wise look it up it's closer than you think

Because stats are the end all be all of who the best players are right...we are going to delude this into a fantasy football convo now?

Troy Aikman blows because he never had monster stats!

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Just say what you mean..

"I want the Chiefs to do well so I'm going to view him in the most rose colored glasses fashion possible so I can believe in this"

My opinions of players don't change because they play for my favorite team. Which is why I laugh my ass off when people hit me with that USC thing, I'm dead honest about USC players yet that somehow makes me a homer guess it's my fault USC has alot of high quality NFL prospects.

hey news flash i said EXACTLY what i meant, i was uninformed about him so i watched the games and every thing i could find on him THATS WHAT CHANGED MY MIND nothing else

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
You're uniformed about alot of your opinions.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Because stats are the end all be all of who the best players are right...we are going to delude this into a fantasy football convo now?

Troy Aikman blows because he never had monster stats!

ROFL i, for one, have never said anything negative about aikman so keep that out of this. and like i said last season TG and bowe were = to moss welker stats wise look it up

Nightfyre
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
ROFL i, for one, have never said anything negative about aikman so keep that out of this. and like i said last season TG and bowe were = to moss welker stats wise look it up

Uh... no they weren't Bowe and TG had 2 wins and moss and welker had 11.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I wonder if Moss and Welkers decline in stats last year had anything to do with a different guy throwing to them...oh shit, we got that guy now...

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Uh... no they weren't Bowe and TG had 2 wins and moss and welker had 11.

ROFL dont move the goal posts, we are talking about INDIVIDUAL players not teams.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder if Moss and Welkers decline in stats last year had anything to do with a different guy throwing to them...oh shit, we got that guy now...

i hate this argument, did you expect that offense to do as well or better last year compared to the year before even if TB had stayed healthy?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
No because Matt Cassel isn't that good..

Nightfyre
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
ROFL dont move the goal posts, we are talking about INDIVIDUAL players not teams.

Funny, I thought we were talking about RELEVANT statistics?

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:02 PM

Remember who you're talking to.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:04 PM

"WE" werent talking about anything, YOU might be talking about wins and losses mecca and i were talking about individual stats

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:04 PM
No because Matt Cassel isn't that good..

ROFL we will see about that.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Coming from the guy who basically tried to imply Cassel is better than Cutler...ok.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Coming from the guy who basically tried to imply Cassel is better than Cutler...ok.

The guy who apparently now "loves" Sanchez thinks Cassel is better than Cutler too.

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
The guy who apparently now "loves" Sanchez thinks Cassel is better than Cutler too.

And that matters to me because?

I really could give 2 shits what Josh McDaniels thinks of anyone.

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:09 PM

i dont imply shit, i say how i feel. so remember that please. you always seem to misconstrue things. what i remember saying is that denver's coaches think cassel> cutler

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Great, that makes them morons, I'd still rather them not end up with Sanchez out of this though.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
And that matters to me because?

I really could give 2 shits what Josh McDaniels thinks of anyone.

except for when he thinks Sanchez is going to be great...

SAUTO
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Great, that makes them morons, I'd still rather them not end up with Sanchez out of this though.

hey cutler has proven exactly one thing in his "great career"....

he has a 1 cent head

Mecca
04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
except for when he thinks Sanchez is going to be great...

Did I use that as a reason why I like Sanchez, no I did not so try again.

RustShack
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
How did Rey do?

Coogs
04-02-2009, 06:35 AM
How did Rey do?

In the part I caught, they were raving about Clay Mathews. They went on and on about how he has the makings for a fantastic OLB. Then in the end they asked who looked the best of the LB's, and the consensus was Rey. I take that to mean he must have looked pretty darn good as well.

Deberg_1990
04-02-2009, 06:57 AM

Ummm....Parcells drafted Bledsoe #1 overall, so im not sure what your getting at there?

Chiefnj2
04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
USC LB discussion:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f8ecee

I still take Clay over Rey and Cushing.

Coogs
04-02-2009, 08:14 AM
USC LB discussion:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f8ecee

I still take Clay over Rey and Cushing.

I wouldn't mind getting Mathews either. In the right trade down scenarios, that may be possible.

BigChiefFan
04-02-2009, 01:21 PM
No way, Sanchez gets by Seattle.

CupidStunt
04-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Mecca is your typical internet message board loser who thinks he knows more than the likes of Josh McDaniels, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley combined.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Mecca is your typical internet message board loser who thinks he knows more than the likes of Josh McDaniels, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley combined.

And you are the typical message board tough guy...go bitch slap yourself.

KCrockaholic
04-04-2009, 11:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIhrHZPYlUU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIhrHZPYlUU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

All I want to say is please somebody show me a better throw than this?

milkman
04-05-2009, 08:08 AM
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/xIhrHZPYlUU&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

All I want to say is please somebody show me a better throw than this?

That's a nice throw, but he is able to square up his shouders and follow through on his mechanics while throwing to an essentially stationary target.

Nice throw, but not really all that remarkable.

doomy3
04-05-2009, 08:17 AM
That's a nice throw, but he is able to square up his shouders and follow through on his mechanics while throwing to an essentially stationary target.

It's a great throw in a CLUTCH situation. If Roethlisberger makes that throw, all we hear about is how much of a winner he is.

milkman
04-05-2009, 08:21 AM
It's a great throw in a CLUTCH situation. If Roethlisberger makes that throw, all we hear about is how much of a winner he is.

No, I get that.

I'm just saying that there's nothing exceptional about the throw itself.

Making a play a clutch situation, getting out of the pocket, avoiding pressure and finding a receiver is the remarkable aspect of that play.

philfree
04-05-2009, 08:24 AM

Did you see the clock? Snapped the ball with 8 seconds left in the game and that TD forced overtime. They ended up losing the game to the great Favre but that was a big time play.

milkman
04-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Did you see the clock? Snapped the ball with 8 seconds left in the game and that TD forced overtime. They ended up losing the game to the great Favre but that was a big time play.

All you had to do is read a couple more posts.

:doh!:

philfree
04-05-2009, 08:44 AM
All you had to do is read a couple more posts.

:doh!:

They posted those while I was typing mine so they didn't exist yet.

KCrockaholic
04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
No, I get that.

I'm just saying that there's nothing exceptional about the throw itself.

Making a play a clutch situation, getting out of the pocket, avoiding pressure and finding a receiver is the remarkable aspect of that play.

The mechanics, the tight spiral, the absolute perfect ball placement is what made me think that that throw might have been the best throw I have ever seen. I understand it wasnt a 50 yard over the shoulder bomb but the whole play that Cassel made just made me fall in love with that play at that moment. I wish the vid was a higher res so we could see it more clearly, but I still want to see another throw that can maybe change my mind on this being the best throw.

bdeg
04-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Wow people, going straight for the hyperbole.

It was a great, clutch play. Best throw of the game? Probably. Best throw of the season? Not even close. Best throw ever? Too much.

KCrockaholic
04-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Wow people, going straight for the hyperbole.

It was a great, clutch play. Best throw of the game? Probably. Best throw of the season? Not even close. Best throw ever? Too much.

could you post a better one? I want to see a better one, just havent seen it yet. The first thing I said when I saw that pass was "Oh my god! That is the best pass I have ever seen in my life." Maybe im crazy, but I gotta see some others to have my mind changed.

bdeg
04-05-2009, 11:26 PM
It was the perfect pass for that situation, but there are much more difficult situations that QB's throw themselves out of. I'm not going to spend the time, but most perfectly thrown 50 yard bombs have got to be considered a better throw.

bdeg
04-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I mean, what's harder... Throwing to a WR boxing out one guy, or splitting the coverage of a CB and S from 25 yards on third down?

KCrockaholic
04-05-2009, 11:52 PM
I understand your point but Im not talking about the situation. 3rd down, 2nd, whatever...Im just saying that the pass itself, while ignoring the situation was awesome. I just loved the picture perfect mechanics while putting perfect spin on the ball in the perfect place. If there was a play exactly like this just 10 yards further back then I would say that play would be the best.

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:00 AM
The guy was sitting practically open for 2 seconds, since Cassel was only counting on him shielding the defender.

KCrockaholic
04-06-2009, 12:04 AM
The guy was sitting practically open for 2 seconds, since Cassel was only counting on him shielding the defender.

I dont care what Randy did. Just focus on the throw Cassel made. That is my point im trying to make. Like I said maybe im just crazy...

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Like I said, it was the perfect throw/play for the situation. I agree with you on that. I just think you exaggerated a bit and should put things in perspective.

It was the perfect pass for that situation, but there are much more difficult situations that QB's throw themselves out of.

No offense to Curry, but is he even flexing his bicep in that picture?

KCrockaholic
04-06-2009, 12:14 AM
He might be. But I doubt it. I wasnt at that photo shoot. Ive seen him flexing before, didnt look like that...

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
jeez, i wasnt implying you were at the photo shoot, I was assuming after scouting him during every WF game as you claim you would have an idea what he looks like.

Was just wondering because if he's flexing in that pic that is kinda sad and very surprising.

KCrockaholic
04-06-2009, 12:22 AM
jeez, i wasnt implying you were at the photo shoot, I was assuming after scouting him during every WF game as you claim you would have an idea what he looks like.

I do...but its not like he stands there the whole time flexing his bicep.

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Haha, I know, let me use this pic to illustrate what I mean:http://www.seattlepi.com/dayart/20071021/450hawks22_ddrams0701.jpg

I realize he's a star, and give Curry 5 years maybe he'll look like that. But honestly his bicep doesn't appear to be any bigger than mine, I just think he's not trying. Not a big deal.

KCrockaholic
04-06-2009, 12:28 AM
wow, that pic may be real but it looks extremely touched up. Is that Julian Peterson? If so, not many guys in the NFL have a better physique than him.

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:30 AM
He is a freak, very cut. I thought Curry was supposed to be in the same mold.

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:31 AM
And I don't think anyone's touching up NFL pics. I couldn't even find the pic I was looking for where you can see every muscle in his arm.

KCrockaholic
04-06-2009, 12:38 AM
He is cut for a 23 year old LB. College guys arent usually cut and big when they enter the NFL. I guarantee if you look at Peterson now, compare him to when he was drafted He is much much more toned. BTW Happy B-Day Aaron Curry April 6th...

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Where did I disagree with any of that? "I just think he's not trying. Not a big deal."

Just an observation. Remind me not to attack Curry today, lol

KCrockaholic
04-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I dont think I said that you did disagree. I was just giving my input in the post above yours. I sense some confusion.

bdeg
04-06-2009, 12:50 AM
No worries, good if pointless discussion.

KCrockaholic
04-06-2009, 12:53 AM
:thumb: bed time...

milkman
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
The mechanics, the tight spiral, the absolute perfect ball placement is what made me think that that throw might have been the best throw I have ever seen. I understand it wasnt a 50 yard over the shoulder bomb but the whole play that Cassel made just made me fall in love with that play at that moment. I wish the vid was a higher res so we could see it more clearly, but I still want to see another throw that can maybe change my mind on this being the best throw.

You're going overboard on this.

Best throw ever?

Wow?