PDA

View Full Version : Look at this Draft Database....

Direckshun
04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
This (http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php) is just depressing as hell.

Mr. Krab
04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
This (http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php) is just depressing as hell.
I supposed it's only really depressing if you think you know more than all those people about those picks. Since it looks like we might be picking Curry, you better hope they are right and you are wrong about how good Curry is.

Direckshun
04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Since it looks like we might be picking Curry, you better hope they are right and you are wrong about how good Curry is.

Thanks for that. If it wasn't for your guidance I might not know what to root for when the season starts.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Hopefully the one that has us drafting Loadholt at #3 doesn't come true ROFL

Direckshun
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I just cannot believe we're drafting an ILB with the #3 overall pick.

Mr. Krab
04-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for that. If it wasn't for your guidance I might not know what to root for when the season starts.
Nah, you keep crying like a little bitch about it no matter what i said. Carry on soldier.

Direckshun
04-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Nah, you keep crying like a little bitch about it no matter what i said. Carry on soldier.

Who are you again?

orange
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Hopefully the one that has us drafting Loadholt at #3 doesn't come true ROFL

Don't worry - that's not the Chiefs drafting Loadholt, it's Atlanta. The Chiefs will get Herman Johnson of LSU.

That mock was made just after last year's draft - using the same order from 2008.

Those old mocks at the bottom are interesting. They show how much reality has differed from expectations. Remember this link the next time some one throws up all the much better choices the Chiefs will have next year at a certain position.

doomy3
04-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Don't worry - that's not the Chiefs drafting Loadholt, it's Atlanta. The Chiefs will get Herman Johnson of LSU.

That mock was made just after last year's draft - using the same order from 2008.

Those old mocks at the bottom are interesting. They show how much reality has differed from expectations. Remember this link the next time some one throws up all the much better choices the Chiefs will have next year at a certain position.

Yep, it is funny. This time last year, all the talk was that we HAD to draft a QB because the QBs in this year's class suck. Also, you should never trade out of a top 5 spot in the draft. Don't be scared to take an elite talent!!!

aturnis
04-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I just cannot believe we're drafting an ILB with the #3 overall pick.

I know what you're saying, but you have no idea whether or not he can be a rush backer. I'd assume that's where he holds the most value, and if the Chiefs do pick him, I'd hope they know something we don't. Plus, IIRC, Mayock seems to think he can be a rush backer, I think he called him his top rush backer somewhere. ?

Are they allowed to put him up against a lineman during their private workout?

melbar
04-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Just because his scheme didnt have him doing it all the time doesnt mean he isnt capeable. He said at the draft he just needed the coaching and opportunity. Everything this kid has done in his college career shows he will work his a-- off and he has all the tools. Still, no guarantee...

aturnis
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
I guess he didn't necessarily say it directly. He ranks the top 5 OLB/DE's (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ec558f) and has Curry at #1 and says he "can fit in any scheme, he's scheme diverse". I do recall a video where he specifically said something to the effect of he could definitely play rush end and could be the best of the bunch.

Also, just days before the draft, he calls picks 2-6 (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807f98cc)to a T. I guess I missed that. The guy is a stud.

Tribal Warfare
04-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Just because his scheme didnt have him doing it all the time doesnt mean he isnt capeable.

I guess I missed the part where any player can became a elite pass rusher even though their skill set says the opposite.

doomy3
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM
I guess I missed the part where any player can became a elite pass rusher even though their skill set says the opposite.

What is it in his skill set that says he can't?

aturnis
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM

What exactly says the opposite? Not being a douche, just asking. He seems to shed blocks nicely, has good speed, and seems to know how to use his upper body strength. Where do you see him lacking other than just hasn't "done" it. Again, not being a douche, just asking.

SBK
04-02-2009, 12:31 AM

More often than not, if a guy in college is an all-world pass rusher his coach would use him that way.

doomy3
04-02-2009, 12:33 AM
More often than not, if a guy in college is an all-world pass rusher his coach would use him that way.

I'm not saying he can or can't because I don't know. We haven't seen.

But just because he wasn't asked to do that in college doesn't mean his skill set says he can't.

SBK
04-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm not saying he can or can't because I don't know. We haven't seen.

But just because he wasn't asked to do that in college doesn't mean his skill set says he can't.

If he was good at it, he would have been doing it already. Rushing the passer is way more important than covering the TE.

Tribal Warfare
04-02-2009, 12:34 AM

That's where the dirty word "potential" comes into play. Will he a project pass rusher meet that while playing on a high dollar contract, seems pretty stupid to invest on something at this position of the draft that deals with an unknown quality that you hope flourishes.

doomy3
04-02-2009, 12:38 AM
That's where the dirty word "potential" comes into play. Will he a project pass rusher meet that while playing on a high dollar contract, seems pretty stupid to invest on something at this position of the draft that deals with an unknown quality that you hope flourishes.

I'm trying to understand this post, I really am...

SBK
04-02-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm trying to understand this post, I really am...

You don't draft a guy to be your pass rusher if you don't know if he can rush the passer or not. Especially at 3.

doomy3
04-02-2009, 12:46 AM
You don't draft a guy to be your pass rusher if you don't know if he can rush the passer or not. Especially at 3.

Oh, OK in English that makes much better sense.

And I tend to agree, BTW.

However, I wouldn't say that Curry's skill set says he is the opposite of a pass rusher. Maybe his production or stats do based on the system he was in, but I don't think you can fairly say his skill set shows he can't rush the passer.

Whatever though, none of this really matters and there is no need to turn this thread into the exact same thread as every thread that mentions Curry's name.

Tribal Warfare
04-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't think you can fairly say his skill set shows he can't rush the passer.

Like i said why invest in a player with a top pick at a position that he's never played before? It would be natural that fans would want to jam a square peg in a place where it doesn't fit

SBK
04-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh, OK in English that makes much better sense.

And I tend to agree, BTW.

However, I wouldn't say that Curry's skill set says he is the opposite of a pass rusher. Maybe his production or stats do based on the system he was in, but I don't think you can fairly say his skill set shows he can't rush the passer.

Whatever though, none of this really matters and there is no need to turn this thread into the exact same thread as every thread that mentions Curry's name.

For me personally, if the guy wasn't good enough for his college coach to utilize him rushing the passer, I don't know why people would think he'd be doing it in the NFL.

And at 3, it's just too high to take a LB that's not gonna be DT, LT, or even Ware or Roidman.

Watching everyone here argue over someone based upon how much the other guy sucks gets old though. There are certain positions that are more important, and those are the guys that get drafted in the top 3. Since we haven't normally picked there, and because King Carl gave us stars at unimportant positions, as a fan base we're off kilter here.

PhillyChiefFan
04-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Peria Jerry at #3...that guy must be hittin the sauce.

PhillyChiefFan
04-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Ah...haha, I'm a little slow. April Fool's mock.

acesn8s
04-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Oher, Orakpo, Curry

Which one is depressing as hell?

Of the sites that actually updated their mock draft, these are the ones that came up consistently.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Brian Orakpo is the player that if he is the pick I will turn off the TV and not give a shit.

acesn8s
04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Brian Orakpo is the player that if he is the pick I will turn off the TV and not give a shit.I can understand that. A little harsh but understandable.

Mecca
04-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I can understand that. A little harsh but understandable.

If this offseason is Matt Cassel and Brian Orakpo, I'll take up a new hobby.

cabletech94
04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
If this offseason is Matt Cassel and Brian Orakpo, I'll take up a new hobby.

I bet things are about to get interesting.

At least I friggin' hope so.

I'll go drink some antifreeze now.

SBK
04-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Brian Orakpo is the player that if he is the pick I will turn off the TV and not give a shit.

My brother in law is a huge Browns fan and he's scared to death they're going to take Orakpo.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-04-2009, 12:46 AM
so ur saying you rather have Curry

SBK
04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
so ur saying you rather have Curry

I think he'd rather have the clap.